• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness- The Final Matt Madness (Pass the Torch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
MASS MADNESS 27
Matt's Madness

Saturday, September 10th
Framingham, MA
If you need to contact either myself or the venue call one of these numbers:

Game Underground - 508-283-1503

MattDotCellPhone - 617-347-9686
Texting preferred

This is going to be my last Mass Madness (TFN). Kevin and Elen will be taking over after me. This also doubles as Jamie's birthday. There will be cake. A big cake. See you there.

Pools will be run strictly for seeding! Those who make it out will be placed in a Pro Bracket. Those who do not will be automatically entered into an Amateur Bracket.

Setups, for those who are unaware, consist of a Gamecube/Wii, a Super Smash Bros Melee game disk, and a Cathode Ray Tube Television (CRT TV).

Setups are always very needed.​

1251 Worcester Rd
Framingham, MA 01701

SCHEDULE

11:00am - Store Opens
11:30am - Sign ups for Melee Doubles
1pm - Melee Doubles sign ups end and seeding begins
1:30pm - Melee Doubles Starts
2pm - Melee Singles sign ups
3:30pm - Melee Singles sign ups end, and seeding begins
4pm - Melee Singles starts
11:00 PM - Get out

Schedule is here as a guideline, and subject to change at the event itself

ENTRY FEE AND PRIZES:
(All prizes will be paid in cash. The store will take a 20% cut.)

Singles - $15 per entrant
Doubles - $10 per team / $5 per person
Prize Pool for doubles - 1st/2nd/3rd - 55%/30%/15%
Prize Pool for Pro bracket - 1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th/5th - 48%/22%/14%/8%/4%
Prize Pool for Amateur bracket - 1st/2nd/3rd - 60%/30%/10%

Stage Selection:

Singles Random List: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams
Counterpick Stages: Brinstar, Kongo Jungle 64, Pokemon Stadium, Rainbow Cruise.

Teams Random List: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium.
Counterpick Stages: Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, Kongo Jungle 64

Stage strike is 1 - 2 - 1

MELEE RULESET
- Matches are best out of 3 with advanced slob picks and dave's stupid rule (explained below). Losers Finals, and Winners Finals are best out of 5, with Grand Finals being best out of 7.

Advanced Slob Picks:
The first game in a set is double-blind, and the stage is random (using the random stages listed in the stage selection section).

The following applies to any game in a set played after the first:
The loser of the previous game declares the stage to be used, using any stage that isn't banned. The winner of the previous game then chooses his character. Lastly, the loser of the previous game chooses his character, and the game can start.

- Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage.

- All games are played with 4 stock, 8 minutes, and no items. Any tie that occurs is settled by comparing stocks remaining (More stocks = win). If there is a tie remaining after comparing stock, compare damage % (Less damage % = win). If a tie remains after comparing stocks and damage %, play out sudden death.

- Before any stage is selected both players may agree to play on a specific stage or to not play on one of the random stages. (If both players don't like Battlefield, then you can agree that Battlefield will not be played if it comes up as the random stage)

Additional Rules:

• For teams play: team attack is on, and stealing stock is allowed.

• Players may have a coach that can give advice to a player for one minute in-between games. As soon as the stage is declared, the coach must not say anything to the player (in terms of advice) until the match ends.

• Glitches that freeze a character, freeze the game, or simply make the game unfinishable are banned and using them will result in losing the entire set.

Mages DQ Rule:
• • • 2 Minutes Late – Warning
• • • 4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
• • • 6 Minutes Late – Loss of set

• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

• Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.

• Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in disqualification.

• Money Matches and friendlies: Keep in mind tournament games take priority over you. Try to get them out of the way during warm-up time. Once the tournament has progressed specific setups will be open for friendlies and money matches.

• If you leave during the tournament please sign out with the host.

• PLEASE watch the amount of profanity in the air. This store is generally considered a family friendly area, and there are small kids and their parents that show up to these tournaments. Do your best to watch yourself, we don't want to give the smash community a bad name.

Please bring setups!!!!

bolt.

Smash Ace
Oh yeah.:) I haven't been to one of these yet so it needs to happen. Why is this the last mass madness?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Until WPI or Boston Crew steps in to start hosting them, that is.
-DD

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I will be attending this.

Also Matt should change the title to

Mass Madness- The Final Matt Madness (Pass the Torch)

since I'll definitely be hosting them in the future.. it's a play on words and its awesome.

crush

Smash Master
Ill bring my cube+regular melee plus my recording setup. I can stream if y'all want. Anybody who wants to can commentate just make sure you're speaking louder than Brookman-volume if you're like more than 3 feet from the Mic.

:phone:

crush

Smash Master
I don't use xsplit lol. Should I? I just use justin tv.

Also how did you run hacked melee through gecko? I can only do it with gc backup launcher

:phone:

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
Ah, so you saw that.

I have a modchip. Normal load times since the Wii runs the game at full speed. Without a modchip, discs only run at half speed, so you have to wait longer in between rounds.

Burned discs will always be faster and better than running through SD Card. I have the SD Media Launcher for the Gamecube and can run hacked melee through an SD card on any Gamecube. Its sooo slow and annoying. Not worth the effort, unless you really have no other choice.

Xsplit is very excellent. You'll like it. Give it a try, its free:

http://www.xsplit.com/

Xsplit is a simple program that uploads the stream to whatever streaming site you want to upload to.

I use xsplit to stream to Justin.tv (SSBM/StarCraft II/Consoles)

Allows you to have multiple layers/vids/music/mic input/etc. all on the same stream.

It uses its own screen capture, so whatever is on your screen right now, can be streamed, as well as the resolution size and quality.

Or you can just add in the capture program you use to record matches into xsplit, it will pick it up.

http://justin.tv/tichinde925

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
If you guys wont play on "lagless" LCD TVs, would you play on an old 1999 CRT Computer Monitor?

Because I'm bringing a 1999 CRT Computer Monitor to play Melee on. And dont say its laggy because its a ****ing CRT!

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
Oh man! I usually try to avoid spoilers but... I GET A HUGE CAKE!!!! (please don't be a lie, please don't be a lie) *sorry had to...*

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Looool

I'mma **** macd...

Then I might even beat him in smash ;) ;)

Gonna get hype at this tournament because its about time people do around here.

Shoutouts to $mike someone get him here

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
BM Spife, damn.

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE.
ABOUT TIME I GET TO COMPETE IN A TOURNAMENT AND NOT JUST RUN ONE.
-DD

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
soree,
when I get down there. . . we're ditto MMing
KAY?!?!?

either that, or you can choose to face the hidden low tier challenger Ive been working on.

might even be my main one day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom