• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 16: MANGO MADNESS - Framingham, MA - June 13-14 - Melee and Brawl

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
The Blade Breakers Present...
Mass Madness 16
Date: April June 13th (Brawl Day) and 14th (Melee Day)
Check this thread out:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208490

IMPORTANT STUFF:
IF YOU ARE COMING LATE, UNLESS WITHIN VERY REASONABLE TIME, YOUR MATCHES WILL NOT BE HELD.

FOR HOUSING OVERNIGHT, THERE ARE HOTELS AND MOTELS ALL ALONG ROUTE 9, THE ROAD GAME UNIVERSE IS LOCATED ON

BRING SETUPS! IT IS IMPORTANT TO HELP THE TOURNAMENT IN THIS WAY SO THAT THE TOURNAMENT RUNS SMOOTHLY AND DOESN'T DRAG ON FOREVER

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, YOU CAN DIRECT THEM TO DAZWA, MATTDOTZEB , OR ELEN. ATTEMPT TO CONTACT DAZWA FIRST
Dazwa
AIM: Dazwa070
Cell: 1-207-522-7108

MattDotZeb
AIM: MattDotZeb
1-617-347-9686

Elen
AIM: ElenSmash

1251 Worcester Rd
Framingham, MA 01701
(508) 370-4263

DAY 1 - June 13th
Schedule:
11:00 AM - Store Opens

11:30 AM - Sign ups for Brawl doubles

12:30 PM - Brawl Doubles

2:30 PM - Brawl Singles sign ups

4:00 PM - Brawl Singles

11:00 PM - Get out
Schedule is always subject to change.

DAY 2 - June 14th
11:00 - Store opens

If a brawl tournament is still going, it will be finished before Melee begins.

Noon - Melee doubles sign ups

1:00 PM - Melee doubles starts

3:00 PM - Melee singles sign ups

4:00 PM - Melee singles

The store will stay open until the tournament is over.
Schedule is always subject to change.

ENTRY FEE AND PRIZES:
(Everything listed applies to both Brawl & Melee)
(All prizes will be paid in cash. The store will take a 20% cut.)

Singles - $10 per entrant
Doubles - $10 per team / $5 per person
Prize Pool for all events - 1st/2nd/3rd - 55%/30%/15%

MELEE RULESET

- Matches are best out of 3 with advanced slob picks and dave's stupid rule (which are explained below). ALL finals games (This includes losers bracket finals, winners bracket finals, and overall finals) are best of 5.

Advanced Slob Picks:
The first game in a set is double-blind, and the stage is random (using the random stages listed in the stage selection section).

The following applies to any game in a set played after the first:
The loser of the previous game declares the stage to be used, using any stage that isn't banned. The winner of the previous game then chooses his character. Lastly, the loser of the previous game chooses his character, and the game can start.

- Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage.

- All games are played with 4 stock, 8 minutes, and no items. Any tie that occurs is settled by comparing stocks remaining (More stocks = win). If there is a tie remaining after comparing stock, compare damage % (Less damage % = win). If a tie remains after comparing stocks and damage %, play out sudden death.

- Before any stage is selected both players may agree to play on a specific stage or to not play on one of the random stages. (If both players don't like Battlefield, then you can agree that Battlefield will not be played if it comes up as the random stage)

Stage Striking:
At the beginning of the set, each player may strike one stage from the random list.
(It is only banned from the random selection, and can still be counterpicked later in the set)

Stage Selection:

Singles Random List: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story,
Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, and Pokemon Stadium

Teams Random List:
Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story,
Dreamland 64 and Pokemon Stadium.

Stages that are only banned in Singles: Great Bay (Termina), Mushroom Kingdom II

Stages that are only banned in Teams Only: Fountain of Dreams, Mute City, Onett.

Stages banned for Singles and Teams
: Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside,
Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue,
Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle (DK Rap), Jungle Japes, and Green greens.

Additional Rules:

- For teams play, team attack is on, and stealing stock is allowed.

- Players may have a coach that can give advice to a player for one minute in-between games. As soon as the stage is declared, the coach must not say anything to the player (in terms of advice) until the match ends.

- Glitches that freeze a character, freeze the game, or simply make the game unfinishable are banned and using them will result in losing the entire set. For example, the Ice Climbers Freeze Glitch.

- Wallbombing and Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery. Stalling a game with any of these tactics will result in a loss of the entire set.

- Wobbling is NOT BANNED

BRAWL RULESET
(Borrowed from Ace, Modified to include Game 1 Stage Strike System)

• 3 Stock, 8 minute timer, items are set to "off" and "none," all matches are best 2 out of 3 with the exception of Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals (all to be played 3 out of 5)

• First game is double blind character, STAGE STRIKE SYSTEM

• Second and third games, loser of the previous game picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character.

• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players

• Stage Strike System - Players take turns (first turn determined by RPS) eliminating stages from the list of starter stages until one remains, and that stage is used for game 1.

• Stage ban - Both players are allowed to "ban" a stage from the set, and it cannot be used as a counterpick.

• In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

• In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If a tie still occurs, play a one stock match in the same match-up, character-wise and stage-wise.

• Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

• Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
o If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
o If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.

• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

• Stalling is banned (The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 250% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.)

• Dedede's Standing Infinite IS BANNED. The wall infinite, because there are no permawalled stages on is legal but is subject to the 250% stalling rule.(This rule is for clarification purposes. If you have an issue with me bring it up, I'm willing to reconsider this one. If swayed, but keep in mind there are no permenant walls, and the stages with walls can be banned, can be avoided. There are characters that can't be chain grabbed that can help you avoid the walls if need be.)

Starters (STAGE STRIKE SYSTEM IN PLACE)

o Battlefield
o Final Destination
o Smashville
o Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
o Lylat Cruise

Counter Picks
o Delfino Plaza
o Castle Siege
o Frigate Orpheon
o Battleship Halberd
o Rainbow Cruise
o Brinstar
o Pokemon Stadium
o Pokemon Stadium 2

All other stages are banned.

GENERAL RULES
(Applies to both games)

Mages DQ Rule:
• • • 2 Minutes Late – Warning
• • • 4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
• • • 6 Minutes Late – Loss of set

• All tournaments are double elimination, best 2 out of 3. Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals are all 3/5 and the winner of the Losers Bracket must win 2 sets in order to win, because the winner of the Winners Bracket has yet to lose a set.

• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

•Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

• Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in disqualification.

• Money Matches and friendlies: Keep in mind tournament games take priority over you. Try to get them out of the way during warm-up time. Once the tournament has progressed specific setups will be open for friendlies and money matches.

- Do not leave during the tournament. If you leave you MUST tell either Dazwa, Vigilante, Elen, or a store manager exactly where you are going. If you have a match called during the time you are out, we are coming to get you and you're playing your match.

• PLEASE watch the amount of profanity in the air. Vigilante (of all people) pointed this out in the past. This store is generally considered a family friendly area, and there are small kids and their parents that show up to these tournaments. Do your best to watch yourself, we don't want to give the smash community a bad name.

SETUPS ETC

TVs:
- Game Universe
- MattDotZeb
-

Cubes:
- Game Universe (2-3)
- MattDotZeb
-

Wiis:
- Game Universe (1-3)
-

Copies of SSBM:
- Game Universe (2-3)
-

Copies of SSBB:
- Game Universe (1-3)
-

Extension Cords:
- Game Universe (2)

Power Strips:
- Game Universe
-

People Taking Commuter Rail:
-

Housing -
Needs:

Offering:
MattDotZeb

Please bring setups!

Please bring setups!!!!

Prawn

Smash Master
Also I can bring a setup(tv, wii, game). Not hacked though, well at the moment not hacked.

If we hack it just to record replays are we still able to use it in the tourny?

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Ima be herez.

hopefully my melee skillz will be back with me ;D (but most likely not cause i lack ppl to play T.T)

Almo

Smash Ace
****. my grad party is on the 14th. why do i have to miss melee again? last time i played friendlies with mafia and alukard and that was it <_<

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I should be able to make the melee day. Good thing it's not saturday for me actually.

I will eneter the tourny and see how far I get lolololololol

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Melee's on Sunday again? Nice!! I have a question are we allowed to use wii motes at the tournament also can we play with smash balls everytime me and my friends play we use smash balls

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Melee's on Sunday again? Nice!! I have a question are we allowed to use wii motes at the tournament also can we play with smash balls everytime me and my friends play we use smash balls
wii motes yes, smash balls no...gawd i hope ur being sarcastic

Almo

Smash Ace
arrgh right as i found a solid secondary too. just my luck.

Top Bottom