• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman Explodes In Smash 4! We Await for Results

Do you support Bomberman?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

The 21st marked Wario Land's 20th Anniversary! Congrats, Wario!
In honor of that, here is a very famous commercial:

Sorry for any inactivity in this thread. :( College started up for me again and I've been caught up on Xenoblade.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Whoa whoa whoa...why does it say I own this thread? :confused:

D

Deleted member

FINALLY! People have commented here! I've waited since I didn't want to make a quadruple post.
I would love Bomberman to be playable. He's my most wanted 3rd party rep.
Mine too. Sonic and Bomberman always hold a special place in my gaming heart when it comes to third parties. If he got in a Smash game… it would be a dream come true. No character will make me more happy than Bomberman.
If you support him, remember to say "Yes" in the poll!

Whoa whoa whoa...why does it say I own this thread? :confused:
Apparently there is some glitch that is messing up the order of the posts in some threads. So… you are the thread owner when it should be me. I am at the helm of the Bomberman support thread!

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
FINALLY! People have commented here! I've waited since I didn't want to make a quadruple post.

Mine too. Sonic and Bomberman always hold a special place in my gaming heart when it comes to third parties. If he got in a Smash game… it would be a dream come true. No character will make me more happy than Bomberman.

Apparently there is some glitch that is messing up the order of the posts in some threads. So… you are the thread owner when it should be me. I am at the helm of the Bomberman support thread!
As a temporary fixer-upper, I gave my first post to you. Perhaps you can transfer your OP to that post?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

I would like his move set based off of TAS honestly. The elemental bombs would change some things up so he'd be more unique.

D

Deleted member

I would like his move set based off of TAS honestly. The elemental bombs would change some things up so he'd be more unique.
Wind bombs, magma bombs, light bombs… all of those elemental bombs adds to the uniqueness Bomberman can have.

Looking at all of the newcomers that we have seen thus far, Bomberman is by far one of the most unique options for Smash. He has earned a spot on the roster… it's just hard for him to get that roster slot due to being owned by Konami now. I say that he would have one of the best chances of getting in Smash if Hudson Soft was still around.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Wait, is Bomberman 1st, 2nd or 3rd party? It doesn't matter, now that Little Mac's in I might as well transfer my most wanted newcomer here (except Goku.)

WOO, BOMBERMAN #1!!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait, is Bomberman 1st, 2nd or 3rd party? It doesn't matter, now that Little Mac's in I might as well transfer my most wanted newcomer here (except Goku.)

WOO, BOMBERMAN #1!!!
Bomberman is a 3rd party character. Tragically, he is owned by Konami, who are still re-structuring Hudson Soft. If only he was first party… he might as well be a lock if that happened.

D

Deleted member

I could've sworn he was first party.

Thanks SSF2.
I wish that he was first party. I know that some people in ND Cube are former Hudson Soft employees and if Nintendo owned the Bomberman license, then we would see some more Bomberman games. It makes me sad that Konami is currently restructuring Hudson Soft as Bomberman's inactivity over the years is really hurting the character.

He is a character that has earned a spot on the roster… it's just hard for him to obtain it. I still think that there is hope for him. Probably not in this game, but definitely in the next one.

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
I wish that he was first party. I know that some people in ND Cube are former Hudson Soft employees and if Nintendo owned the Bomberman license, then we would see some more Bomberman games. It makes me sad that Konami is currently restructuring Hudson Soft as Bomberman's inactivity over the years is really hurting the character.

He is a character that has earned a spot on the roster… it's just hard for him to obtain it. I still think that there is hope for him. Probably not in this game, but definitely in the next one.
If Nintendo can come up with a good console. Limit is only one per console.

D

Deleted member

If Nintendo can come up with a good console. Limit is only one per console.
That… is something that we won't know for a while. We'll have to wait and see.

For now though, I am focused on helping Bomberman. I will admit that it's too early to help him out now and it's too late to affect anything for this game's development, but I do have a plan.
To quote @Groose on Rate Their Chances:
Moveset potential. Mines, gooey bombs, big explosions, thrown explosions, more explosions. Yeah. I'm in. I say that after the launch of this game, we turn him into the new Mega Man: explode all polls with him, spam our support everywhere, convert others to the cause.
http://smashboards.com/threads/rate...borb-and-ridley.338473/page-195#post-16229427
This is something that I agree on. I say that after a year or two when this game is released, I think that we should do this.
I will remind everyone of this quote when we get closer to SSB4's release date.
Bomberman NEEDS this!

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
That… is something that we won't know for a while. We'll have to wait and see.

For now though, I am focused on helping Bomberman. I will admit that it's too early to help him out now and it's too late to affect anything for this game's development, but I do have a plan.
To quote @Groose on Rate Their Chances:

http://smashboards.com/threads/rate...borb-and-ridley.338473/page-195#post-16229427
This is something that I agree on. I say that after a year or two when this game is released, I think that we should do this.
I will remind everyone of this quote when we get closer to SSB4's release date.
Bomberman NEEDS this!
I actually laughed at this. Hey, count me in. I have no problem personally dealing with Sakurai and Konami.

D

Deleted member

Oh wow! We got 50 supporters now! That's incredible!
I'm very happy! And, actually, very surprised. I thought Bomberman would have less supporters after Hudson died, but seeing 50 people support the White Bomber has given me some hope. It is given me hope in the sense that, while things may look bleak, people still want to see him!

The support is strong, BUT DON'T DROP YOURS GUARDS! Yeah, I had to throw in a Xenoblade quote. Snake could potentially be revealed next month or even at E3. Though, with Sonic getting revealed in a Nintendo Direct, they might be a cause for concern in the future.
I'm not going to lose hope for Bomberman. Our explosive friend will prevail. Probably not in this game, but he will later.

Smady

Smash Master
I am a huge supporter of Bomber-Man. The one third-party I'd accept over Pac-Man, and with tremendous potential.

Bomber-Man is simply awesome.

On the current subject, Kojima did say lately in response to a fan question, that he thought Snake getting back into Smash Bros was unlikely. Considering Ground Zeroes doesn't come out on Nintendo platforms I wouldn't concern yourself with that. I'd love for Snake to come back, but I don't think even if he does, it will affect the other third-parties' chances all that badly.

Actually hadn't seen the OP yet when I made this post, fantastic job on that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am a huge supporter of Bomber-Man. The one third-party I'd accept over Pac-Man, and with tremendous potential.

Bomber-Man is simply awesome.

On the current subject, Kojima did say lately in response to a fan question, that he thought Snake getting back into Smash Bros was unlikely. Considering Ground Zeroes doesn't come out on Nintendo platforms I wouldn't concern yourself with that. I'd love for Snake to come back, but I don't think even if he does, it will affect the other third-parties' chances all that badly.

Actually hadn't seen the OP yet when I made this post, fantastic job on that.
Bomberman has so much potential for Smash; he oozes moveset potential and could easily be one of the most unique characters. It's just hard for him to get on a Smash roster at this current time. That is why Snake's return is rather critical here. If Snake gets cut, the door for Bomberman will open slightly for him. He'll still have to compete with other third parties and characters within his own company (like Snake again and Simon Belmont), but he can get in if his demand is stronger.

I heard Kojima is a troll, so I dunno if I will take everything for granted that Kojima is saying. After all, someone from Sonic Team said he wanted Sonic and Smash and he got back in, same case could happen here. If Snake does return… well… it affects the chances of many in the future.

Thanks! I worked on the OP over the course of a month or two.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I like the idea of Bomberman getting in because I love the soccer ball item and I imagine him planting tons of bombs that get kicked around the stage creating a terrifying storm of flying explosions.

Shök

Smash Champion
Huge supporter of Bomberman in Smash! Bomberman 64 is my favorite N64 game! Ha ha.

I was on the Bomberman wagon for Brawl. Gotta do the same for Smash 4!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If Bomberman were playable who would be the assist trophy? I'd hope it's Regulus. He's a bad ass and actually my fave video game character growing up. :p

Shök

Smash Champion
If Bomberman were playable who would be the assist trophy? I'd hope it's Regulus. He's a bad *** and actually my fave video game character growing up. :p
If not Regulus, then definitely Sirius. He would fly up and swoop down with lasers, he could also fly up and swoop down with an agility/sonicboom, or use that cannon that killed Altair. :(

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Bomberman were playable who would be the assist trophy? I'd hope it's Regulus. He's a bad *** and actually my fave video game character growing up. :p
I was thinking of Pommy would be an Assist Trophy, but Starfy still fills that "joke Assist Trophy" hole...
Regulus, Max, or Sirius wouldn't be bad ideas for Assist Trophies!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I was thinking of Pommy would be an Assist Trophy, but Starfy still fills that "joke Assist Trophy" hole...
Regulus, Max, or Sirius wouldn't be bad ideas for Assist Trophies!
I don't see it being Sirius as he only appeared in 1 game.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Little late in the game for a petition, the roster has already been decided upon. As much as I would love to see Bomberman, I fear he won't be showing up. Which is truly saddening because he deserves to be in, especially over snake.

D

Deleted member

Little late in the game for a petition, the roster has already been decided upon. As much as I would love to see Bomberman, I fear he won't be showing up. Which is truly saddening because he deserves to be in, especially over snake.
I rather wait until SSB4 releases and then strike to make Bomberman the next Mega Man.
Seeing him now might not make his moveset very grand...

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Who say's we'll get Snake? Sheik took the grenades already, I doubt they'd've done that with Snake still in.

Top Bottom