• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mashable Releases Mini-Doc on Smash Brothers

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Recently Mashable created a short documentary on Smash Bros. entitled 'Twitch Streams and Tournaments | The Professional Super Smash Bros. Scene.' Featuring well known names such as prog, D1, Mew2King and GimR, it talks about how the advent of Twitch and livestreaming has changed the face of competitive Smash Bros., particularly Melee. It's a great watch and shows how the competitive community may continue to evolve over time. It's an 8 minute feature, so if you have some spare time check it out below:

What do you think? Do you want to see more pros streaming full-time? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit wasn't expecting to see something like this from Mashable but it's pretty cool. Follow him on Twitter at @TheDerrit and get him over 300 followers.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
First. How does this compare to the Smash Brothers.
Haven't watched it yet.

Last edited:

Renji64

Smash Lord
I watched this the other day it was a very great job on this documentary. I would like to see more pros streaming and doing tutorials and playing with viewers. I think Zero has been doing a great job with his stream.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
All these documentaries and no news outlets are covering the Melee scene. That's a shame...

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
That hug from Zero to M2K. Pretty sure M2K felt legit uncomfortable from that, and I wouldn't blame him.

TrevonMarrast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luigicheesecake
Is this by EastPointPictures, the people who made the Smash documentary

Last edited:

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
I really love these professional made videos, more please! If I can I watch smash tournaments that are happening on twitch and every now and then I check out the casual smash streams.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
All these documentaries and no news outlets are covering the Melee scene. That's a shame...
I'm pretty sure they have. Or at least most of the important stuff. And Melee has been played for well over a decade. Not a whole lot of interesting stuff is happening in the Melee scene either other than Nintendo sponsoring Apex 2014.

DemoPvP

Smash Rookie
First. How does this compare to the Smash Brothers.
Haven't watched it yet.
I hope smash 4 makes this community even bigger and better
I don't. I'm not allowed to bash on brawl, but tbh the next one is not going to be that great from a competitive perspective. I agree it will increase the popularity of smash bros as well as the pro scene, but I don't think it will thrive as melee did.

BanUniGames

Smash Rookie
NNID
BanUniGames
I think it was very good. It depicts the history of smash I'm a very good way, for only 8 minutes lol

Suli Hyuga

Smash Cadet
Awesome short doc. Don't get why everyone is complaining about no brawl being shown when its about the games streaming outlets and the pros.

Senario

Smash Ace
Getting the feels again from remembering how awesome the smash documentary is and how great the scene is becoming nowadays. SO MUCH GOOD STUFF. Even I'm getting hyped about increasing my college's smash scene and working hard at it.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Man, what a great vid. Shows how great the smash community is. Sorry for such a regular post but honestly that's how I feel. Also love how they included some of the good ol' funny moments like WOMBO COMBO!!!!!

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
I don't. I'm not allowed to bash on brawl, but tbh the next one is not going to be that great from a competitive perspective. I agree it will increase the popularity of smash bros as well as the pro scene, but I don't think it will thrive as melee did.
Wait, why am I quoted here? In case I didn't express it properly, I meant how does this documentary compare to the Smash Brothers documentary. At the time I failed to realize that it was only seven minutes long. Not a bad video, but doesn't really compare to Smash Brothers at that size. I hope they expand and make more.

DemoPvP

Smash Rookie
Wait, why am I quoted here? In case I didn't express it properly, I meant how does this documentary compare to the Smash Brothers documentary. At the time I failed to realize that it was only seven minutes long. Not a bad video, but doesn't really compare to Smash Brothers at that size. I hope they expand and make more.
Lol what? I don't know why you are quoted there. I was just referring to the bottom one.

Lime_O

All Aboard the Hype Train
NNID
Lime
Not gonna lie, haven't met Hax before, his voice threw me off. Did not expect it to be that deep.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Not gonna lie, haven't met Hax before, his voice threw me off. Did not expect it to be that deep.
I was kind of expecting his and Axe's voices to be switched around.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Nice! wife and I enjoyed it of course. Trying to get her into Smash and these videos help more and more. :)

Rambeard

Smash Apprentice
This just made me even more excited for Smash 4 to be released. I am going in HARD on that game.

Rasko

Smash Apprentice
After watching that video I'm thankful to love smash:). Yet I'm still to scared to go to my first legit tournament.:scared:

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
After watching that video I'm thankful to love smash:). Yet I'm still to scared to go to my first legit tournament.:scared:
no need to be scared, you'll find that people are extremely helpful. The guy who kicked my ass at the first tournament I went to was like helping me out and trying to teach me the game as he was kicking my ass lol XD

Rasko

Smash Apprentice
no need to be scared, you'll find that people are extremely helpful. The guy who kicked my *** at the first tournament I went to was like helping me out and trying to teach me the game as he was kicking my *** lol XD
Haha thanks:). Always good to get a little encouragement from fellow smashers! I'm just a really shy person who needs the triforce of courage sometimes.:laugh:

Top Bottom