• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mashable Presents: Lucky's Story

Joey Aldama, aka "Lucky", is one of the best Melee players today. He is currently ranked #9 on SmashBoards and has even defeated some of the Gods of Melee, most notably Mang0. He has placed very well lately in tournaments, winning Smash The Record and coming in 2nd at Heir II The Throne.

In the latest Mashable documentary, he talks about his sick mother and how the money he gets from tournaments is used to pay bills and help his mother. He explains how growing up in Norwalk with Mang0 by his side training together has been a great influence on how and why he plays.

You can follow Lucky @LegendofLucky and Mashable @mashable.

What do you think about it? Do you think this effort could change the way you see him? Tell us about it!

Mario "Diosdi" Osuna

Comments

I never knew Lucky had such honorable motivations for playing Smash Brothers. I always thought of him as a bit of a goof, what with the whole "Batman" thing and his general demeanor. It's actually really cool that even with what he has at stake he manages to be such a jovial individual or have such... confidence in his Falcon.

I didn't know much about Lucky, glad to hear his backstory and it's amazing how much smash has impacted his life.

Do you know why is he holding out for EG? I feel like it only makes sense for C9 Lucky to happen because of Joey and Mango's friendship. And plus another sponsored team C9 | FourLeafMango
He did an AMA with daily dot esports, look it up he talks about there.

Top Bottom