• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Oct 18, 2015] OcS @ CE Smash [ OLD Thread, Mod Close Please]

Conti

Smash Ace

Please RSVP :) [i need to update the banner]
https://www.facebook.com/events/885011821536819/
{For Updates/Logistics - Click if ur almost positive you will be here please}

Hey, Conti from Ocean County Smash Community [OcS] with our hype Location!

For all OcS Events/Different Venues Checkout: www.facebook.com/OceanCountySmash/Events

This Event Is Event#9 - October 18th, 2015.

For Setups I only have 5 CRTs now, 4Wiis for PM/Melee & a GC
1x WiiU FullSetup+Stream for both games

WiiU Setups are very important for you guys to bring in, i wish i owned multiple setups but i simply cannot afford it at the time :/

Discounts for WiiUs will be Awarded at the end of the Event if we needed it for the day, Come see conti before you leave.
Full Setup (WiiU + GC Adapter + HDTV) = $3
WiiU + GC Adapter = $1 off
HDTV / Gaming Monitor = $2 off
CRT = $1 off
Wii/GC = $1 off

Discounts will be awarded if we Need the setup.

***Tourny Info***
***Address***
Venue: Close Encounters!

1861 Hooper Ave
Toms River, New Jersey
PARK ACROSS THE STREET THERES A BIG PARKING LOT, PLEASE AND THANKS [The next door store is a catering service and they need their parking lot, They've towed off cars in the past so respect that!]

*Times*
Sunday October 18th, 2015 @ 12:00Pm at CE
If you are helping me setup. Come by around 12:00pm, Thanks much!

Venue Starts at 12:00pm
Registration Starts at 1:00pm-ish Goes til Brackets Start per game.

Super Smash Bros.WiiU 2v2s Starts at 2:00pm
Smash Melee 2v2s Starts at 3:00pm

Smash Project M Singles Starts at 4:30pm
Super Smash Bros. WiiU Singles Starts at 5:30pm
Smash Melee Singles Starts at 6:00pm-ish [maybe 6:30 if its a hype event]
Venue Ends at 9-11ish pm.

~Smash Venue Fees~
$10 Smash Venue (Tournaments/Friendlies/ect)
Free to Spectate

~Tournament Fees~
$5 Per Person Smash WiiU Doubles
$5 Per Person Melee Doubles
$10 - SmashWiiU 1v1s
$10 - Project M 1v1s
$10 - Melee 1v1s

Payout will be legit as always!
(50/25/15/10) 32 or More!
(60/30/10) 10 or More Entrants
(65/35) 6 to 9 Entrants (under 10 entrants is rare tho)
(Winner Take All!) 5 or Less Entrants [Will be Round Robin]

Challonge: ocs.challonge.com
Twitch: Twitch.tv/ContiBeastMode

Rulesets are legit and Posted below :]
See you guys there!

Rulesets are Legit, Will be posted later [ran out of room to type]

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Smash for Wii U Stages
Hey man, as a fellow TO I want to raise some issues with your current stagelist. A lot of it is seriously good and honestly I like it, but Pilotwings has incedibly broken camping possibilities which have discussed frequently in the stage discussion thread on smashboards. If I could make a suggestion, why not replace Pilotwings with Skyloft? It's being hailed as a good legal stage by many TOs, Anther's Ladder, and the general population as well. You also could consider Wuhu Islasend, or Pokemon Stadium 2 depending on your tastes in stages as these have been legal in many tournaments with great results as well.

Conti

Smash Ace
Yeah ironically i havent even played much Smash4 at all yet, i played pilotwings 2 times ever lol, So i kinda took peoples feedback and they wanted PilotWings, I was thinking halberd over Skyloft honestly but i just am not sure [ it was between these 3 stages for pilotwings' spot]
Thanks for the input tho ill definitely consider.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
How do you enter the tournament? I would like to attend.

Conti

Smash Ace
Okay guys so here's whats up, I'm unsure if i can host on the 8th at C.E. i should know by this weekend. My Van currently is broken down and I'm currently in a struggle irl with finding a new job (since i just moved to jackson) and getting it fixed. I'm not really sure if i'll be able to host on the 8th even if i get the day unless i get help like last time again. I'm also still waiting on an answer from the bowling alley, I finally bought mins on my phone so i can call them it's just i gotta wait til monday to talk to them. In the meantime this event is a definite so mark your calendars and i'll keep yall posted on the rest smile emoticon Thanks all
- OcS | ContiBeastMode
Lookin like another 20-30 person turnout already :3

https://www.facebook.com/events/441004739380881/?ref=70

Conti

Smash Ace
Here's the Melee Footage from Tri-Smash#2 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh4_64FCgnvJWZCzBsjQ0cQ/videos
Also Here's the official FB Event for Tri-Smash# 3, https://www.facebook.com/events/1019214994773078/
March 8th 2015
We are doing WiiU 3v3s and Customs are legal for this event, i still need to edit the description. Should be alot of hype, We keep getting 20+ for WiiU and decent Melee and Project:M Events so it'll be a good time. Might be our last event at C.E. honestly, im unsure, but for now this is all we got to work with for OcS Tournaments.
Might be switching to a bigger and better venue after this event :]
Thanks all for making these events amazing, see you all at Tri-Smash#3!

Lord Xanthan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Master_Xanthan
So I'm still new to the competitive scene, so this may be a dumb question, but why is Final Destination not on the Neutral stage list for Smash Wii U? Also why is Final Destination a CP stage in Project M?

Nightshift

Smash Cadet
NNID
jpzwickau
3DS FC
3196-4245-0422
So I'm still new to the competitive scene, so this may be a dumb question, but why is Final Destination not on the Neutral stage list for Smash Wii U? Also why is Final Destination a CP stage in Project M?
I think fd isn't on the neutral stages list because the omega button makes every stage into final destination just like for glory,
and if you look up counter pick on smash wiki, you'll find out about why fd is one of them.

SDFox

Smash Apprentice
Wait a minute... here it says April 8th, but the face book says March 8th. I'm confused Conti.....
Are you sure this is tri smash 3 conti? and not tri smash 4?
----
if it is tri smash 4, 1 yea, 2 wut wensday, 3, starting at 1?! WUT

Conti

Smash Ace
Wait a minute... here it says April 8th, but the face book says March 8th. I'm confused Conti.....
Are you sure this is tri smash 3 conti? and not tri smash 4?
----
if it is tri smash 4, 1 yea, 2 wut wensday, 3, starting at 1?! WUT
My bad i never got a chance to update this because i was not sure what day i was hosting again... Working so hard to find a new venue for weeklies honestly, but no luck so far...
Here's the next event and I updated this thread :D
https://www.facebook.com/events/1588179098096106/

Conti

Smash Ace
Event is coming up this 26th :D Events lookin pretty hype another like 20-30Person turnout at minimum.
P:M Players should def come thru aswell! Keep the scene alive haha, We have some dedicated players.
i'm pretty excited hope to see some new faces. Facebook Event link is here, RSVP'ing helps i do most of my updates and info on there for setups, we need a few more WiiU setups possibly.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1588179098096106/

Conti

Smash Ace
Lookin more like 30+ People now most likely, We might need like 2 more WiiU Setups at minimum, Def check out the Event page link in the previous comment and let me know if you can bring one in. Also my Stream is going to beta-test at this Event, Commentary might not be possible but the gameplay and stream quality should be legit. Be sure to check it out on my twitch, Twitch.tv/Contibeastmode

Conti

Smash Ace
Broke Records in attendance last event with 36 coming out for WiiU and over 45 people in the Venue. Was a really hype day and alot of fun. And despite the large turnout it was one of our smoothest and fastest events so good stuff to everyone coorperating and getting it done!
Here's the event page for the next monthly, happening May17th, Please RSVP for updates/allows me to estimate stuff Thanks much!
See you guys there!
https://www.facebook.com/events/403082963231582/

Conti

Smash Ace
Whenever I click on your facebook links it says the content is currently unavailable.
That's interesting, someone else seems to be getting the glitch also and im not sure why.
It works for me and other people so it's probly an issue with FB
Event is still happening and we have like 18going 15maybe rsvp'd [usually i pull 25-35 people]
If you have a wiiu setup with monitor that you could bring it would be greatly appreciated [only 3 setups as of now]

Conti

Smash Ace
We have no spare TVs so im not really sure, only 3 setups confirmed, bring just incase but we mainly need monitors

Hey all! So a couple reminders!
*****Park Across The Street! [parking by CE you could get towed if ur taking up the catering service's parking]***
I need an HD Capture card in order to stream WiiU today, if u have one bring it in! Otherwise it's just going to be a Melee Stream [Next Event I WILL Have A Blue Yeti Mic, So Commentary will be legit by next month, For now we gotta work with the laptop mic]
We only have Three WiiU setups. We need more fullsetups [especially if u have a tv/monitor] so please bring em in if u want friendlies
Discounts will be awarded personally by myself at the end of the night, come to me after i get paid (after 6ish) so i can reward ya :]
Hope you all have fun today! see ya soon!
- OcS | ContiBeastMode

DbC OrX

Smash Rookie
Hey, I live not far from Toms River at all, and I'm wishing to attend for Smash 4; Two questions... One, is there an age limit? Furthermore, two, if I do go and there is no age limit, do I have to be advised by a parental figure if I'm less than 18 years of age?

SDFox

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I live not far from Toms River at all, and I'm wishing to attend for Smash 4; Two questions... One, is there an age limit? Furthermore, two, if I do go and there is no age limit, do I have to be advised by a parental figure if I'm less than 18 years of age?
No age limit and no parental requirement, I'm only 17 and I go all the time, though I thought the location changed to this http://smashboards.com/threads/jun-...s4-pm-melee-bayville-nj.376217/#post-19329181

Conti

Smash Ace
This is the Monthly i host at CE @ SDFox SDFox :]
The weekly he mentioned tho can be found at the link he replied with just above. The weekly is going to be super awesome honestly and i highly reccomend going to those over the sunday monthlys.

Yes all ages can participate and well im 24, and do a pretty good job supervising, for CE there's usually 1-2 other workers in the room, cameras and stuff and its a friendly enviornment tbh.
For the weekly i also believe a worker from CB huntington [the restraunt the tournament is technically located at] will also be in the room at all times aswell so you will def be fine. It's a family rec center aimed for teenagers to young adults honestly :D

Also noting the Date is June 21st, i dont know why but it was saying july17th which is NOT the date xD sorry for confusion

Last edited:

SDFox

Smash Apprentice
The weekly he mentioned tho can be found at the link he replied with just above. The weekly is going to be super awesome honestly and i highly reccomend going to those over the sunday monthlys.

Yes all ages can participate and well im 24, and do a pretty good job supervising, for CE there's usually 1-2 other workers in the room, cameras and stuff and its a friendly enviornment tbh.
For the weekly i also believe a worker from CB huntington [the restraunt the tournament is technically located at] will also be in the room at all times aswell so you will def be fine. It's a family rec center aimed for teenagers to young adults honestly :D

Also noting the Date is June 21st, i dont know why but it was saying july17th which is NOT the date xD sorry for confusion
Thanks for clearing up any confusion we had conti!
Also, just gonna put this out here. I was wondering if I could try my hand at commentating, just to help along getting the tournaments going along smoother. I have plenty of experience doing similar things and I'm a professional public speaker, well a volunteer public speeker. But i've given talks and readings, and acted in front of hundreds of people, and I never curse!
If you don't need any more commentators I won't bring it up again, but I just thought it couldn't hurt to ask. Thanks!

Conti

Smash Ace
Thanks for clearing up any confusion we had conti!
Also, just gonna put this out here. I was wondering if I could try my hand at commentating, just to help along getting the tournaments going along smoother. I have plenty of experience doing similar things and I'm a professional public speaker, well a volunteer public speeker. But i've given talks and readings, and acted in front of hundreds of people, and I never curse!
If you don't need any more commentators I won't bring it up again, but I just thought it couldn't hurt to ask. Thanks!
That's awesome. Your the man dude, We need some commentators because I'm usually wayy too busy to really do it, My crew gets it from time to time i'll have you work with them. I'll def let you do some commentary, If you see the stream is open and needs someone to update the names n stuff on the pc or someone needs to swap out to play their match or whatever, your more then welcome :]

Last edited:

DbC OrX

Smash Rookie

Thanks for the cleanup dude. I'll configure my schedule around, and I may see you there! :4zss::4zss::4zss:

Conti

Smash Ace
Week1 Of Shiver Me Smasher's Was A Huge Success! Are you guys ready for Week2?
Here's the Recap/Highlight Video of Week1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdPrllJjHDk
Shiver Me Smashers #2 Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1609654502646141/
Shiver Me Smashers #3 Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/952845798101227/

Also check out monthly this sunday June 21st at Close Encounters [Singles/Teams Event]
https://www.facebook.com/events/660523647414977/

We need WiiU setups so please msg me or comment on the event page if you can bring them in :] Thanks much

Conti

Smash Ace
Is this still happening on July 21st?
I gotta update the banner and info but no it's actually going to have to be August 16th unfortunately :[

In the meantime i got a hype new weekly location for you guys if interested: Check it out:

Highlight Reel is Up! Make Sure to subscribe ;]
Also make sure to RSVP to the upcoming events if you plan on coming! :D Thanks much!
7/8 Shiver Me Smashers #4 - Smash WiiU/ProjectM3.6 OcS Weekly Tournament {Feat: DVD, HBA Gohan & OcS Crew}
Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/781000328665271/
and
7/15 Shiver Me Smashers #5 - Smash WiiU/ProjectM3.6 OcS Weekly Tournament {Feat: DVD,& OcS Crew}
Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/838757686202660/

Highlight Reel of Event#3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpnieeU1tS4&index=5&list=PLiy1lEN0fdBxtHKtSJVfT29VNZ

Conti

Smash Ace
This is happening August 16th! Rulesets have been updated and this is now a PM/WiiU 1v1 & 2v2 event.
Also note Times have been changed to help out people who get off and weren't able to make it for WiiU [Delayed from orginal time at 4:30 to 5:30 for them 9-5'ers to rush on over! Got you guys :D ]
Anyways, We need setups as usual, Please try to rsvp to the facebook event page here if you can! : https://www.facebook.com/events/1462264914095532/

Nick78

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nicholas78
How are the turnouts for these events? The facebook page says 12 people are going, but I assume that's not very accurate.

HoobaManT

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. I'm just wondering whether this event is on this Saturday or Sunday. The post mentions Saturday the 16th but that day is not correct. Thanks

Conti

Smash Ace
I made a new thread via the new Event System, If a Mod could close this thread it would be lovely. Thanks!

We got 3 Venues in different locations now, 2 reoccuring as a monthly [Nova isnt open yet] and CE as a every 6weeks or so event. Check it all out on www.facebook.com/OceanCountySmash/Events

OcS @ SMS - http://smashboards.com/threads/oct-...iu-pm-tournament-berkeley-township-nj.417560/
OcS @ CE - http://smashboards.com/threads/oct-...-projectm-singles-teams-toms-river-nj.417559/
OcS @ Nova - Comin soon

Last edited:
Top Bottom