• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Mar 7, 2015] Smash at PlatteCon (Melee & WiiU) (Platteville, Wisconsin)

Hee443

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hee443
3DS FC
0087-2817-2596
Smash at PlatteCon
Platteville Smash Bros., the Smash Bros. division of the Platteville Gaming Association, will be hosting tournaments for both Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U on Saturday, March 7th at PlatteCon.

There are no fees to enter the tournaments, though you do have to buy a ticket to the convention. The prices are $7.50 Saturday/$10 Weekend for pre-registration and
$10.50 Saturday/$15 Weekend at the door.

If you are planning on coming to this event, please fill out our registration form so that we can get an idea of the facilities we need, as well as for us to make better pools for the event. http://goo.gl/forms/BphHg2fu2s

You may also sign up at the event; however, we cannot guarantee that you will receive times off that you request to go to other events.

There will be either round robin pools or bracket pools depending on the event turnout. We will attempt to seed players so that no pool is far more difficult than others, as well as so that players from the same area don't play each other. Again, this will be easier for us to do if you fill out our form.

As pools will not be finalized until the day of the event, please be at the event and ready before the tournament starts. We are planning on starting at either 10 or 11 AM (will be finalized later), so if you can check in by 9 AM, it would be greatly appreciated.

To view Plattecon's schedule of events and to pre-register for the convention, go to http://www.plattevillegaming.com/plattecon/.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mitchell Meerman at meermanm@uwplatt.edu.

TENTATIVE SCHEDULE:
8:00 AM: Convention opens. We will begin check-in at this time and may allow friendlies depending on resources.
10:00 AM: Check-in and sign-ups close.
10:45 AM: Pools and times announced.
11:00 AM: Pools for both games begin.
5:00 PM: Pools for both games end.
5:30 PM: Bracket begins for Wii U.
8:00 PM: Wii U bracket ends.
8:30 PM: Bracket begins for Melee.
11:00 PM: Melee bracket ends; tournament ends.
1:00 AM: Convention closes. All matches must be completed by this time.

If you are playing in both tournaments, we will attempt to keep your pools from running at the same time. However, if you are called to play in both simultaneously, PLEASE communicate with your game's tournament organizer (TO).

VENUE RULES:
* Please obey all event staff, including our tournament organizers as well as convention staff.
* Do not interfere with players during tournament sets, including excessive heckling and loud noises. You will be warned for the first offense and disqualified for the second. Please don't interrupt the announcers for our stream either.

GAME RULES:
For Smash 4 Singles:
--Stage List--
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Town & City
Lylat Cruise

--Stage Counterpicks--
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Sky World

--General Rules--
Items are set to off
Stock and Time are set to 3 stock and 8 minutes
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

--Stage Counterpicks--
Pokemon Stadium

--General Rules--
Items are set to off.
Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes.

Last edited:

Hee443

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hee443
3DS FC
0087-2817-2596
The link you posted also says project M tourny friday night and wiiu tourny saturday night. I assume it's wrong?
The link to our facebook page is the very first link in the text, and those are being run by someone else. I tried to get in contact with who is running it but he didn't provide any contact information.

Last edited:

Mang0 6

Smash Rookie
do you have any tournaments coming up because I don't think I can this weekend.

Hee443

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hee443
3DS FC
0087-2817-2596
do you have any tournaments coming up because I don't think I can this weekend.
Our next tournament is going to be our Platteville Smash Jam 6, held on March 28th, join our facebook page here and you will be invited to the event with more details. I'll also be posting it on smashboards, too.

Top Bottom