• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Sep 12, 2015] Super Honor Strength SMASH! (Huntington NY)

Rubba Prime

Smash Apprentice

Come celebrate the last HSS hosted at Huntington Play N Trade!

PLEASE BRING MELEE AND PM SET-UPS!

CHECK BACK BEFORE ARRIVING! TIMES SUBJECT TO CHANGE

$5 Venue

12:00pm - Sign-Ups Open!

3:00pm - Melee Doubles ($5 per team mate)

3:00pm - Melee Singles ($10 entry)

5:00pm - PM Singles ($10 entry)

8:00pm - PM Doubles ($5 per teammate)

ARRIVE ON TIME!

PRIZES

5-14 entries - Top 2 awarded
15-42 entries - Top 3 awarded
42 & Up -Top 4

Last edited:

Rubba Prime

Smash Apprentice
I'm open to doing both. We currently should have set-ups to play Wii U Smash 4 this weekend. If someone were to bring a full Wii U set-up with all characters unlocked I'd be happy to discount entry to free venue.

BluHawk007

Smash Rookie
I like the addition of the "Salty Seconds!" Let's us play more people to learn and improve our gameplay for the next time.
I'll definitely try to make it to this!

Rubba Prime

Smash Apprentice
All the burritos. And I have to edit the listing here, we have to have HSS this saturday instead of sunday. Hope ou all can still make it

Rubba Prime

Smash Apprentice
Due to my assistant TO screwing up the challonge bracket we had to do doubles by hand. I'll have to contact him for the results as I don't have the paperwork with me at the moment.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I really hate how smash 4 wii u has just taken over for 3ds at tournaments.

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
Due to my assistant TO screwing up the challonge bracket we had to do doubles by hand. I'll have to contact him for the results as I don't have the paperwork with me at the moment.
its all good:) i cant make it this saturday but next saturday i am geting 1st place again

Dandizzle

Smash Journeyman
Rubba ur getting counterpicked next time boyo. Prepare for the shrekening. My robot was 2 rusty 4 u. I'll bring worlds number 1 Squritle and maybe a noob if I can make it, which I should.

Last edited:

Oracle_Fefe

Smash Rookie
I might come, and invite a small group of three or four people to join the events. This would be all of our first smash events so I happen to have questions.

-Can you join as many events as you would like to? A friend of mine would like to do pretty much every event.
-If I bring a Wii for PM, would any sort of composite or component cable be acceptable?
-What is the ruleset for Smash 4, including stages and/or customs?
-And as a noob question, how are picking characters and stages decided?

Last edited:

Rubba Prime

Smash Apprentice
@ Dandizzle Dandizzle : Calling out the best ROB in NY? PUNK!

@ Oracle_Fefe Oracle_Fefe
1) Yes
2) Composite (RYW)
3) No customs, Stages
Neutrals: Town & City, Batlefield, FD, Lylat, Smashville
Counter Picks: Duck Hunt, Halberd, Castle Siege, Kongo Jungle, Skyloft, Delfino P, Pilot Wings
4) The proper way to do this is for both players to pick their character before they know what character their opponent picks (there are ways to enforce this, but it rarely happens), after game one the loser picks the next stage then the winner picks their character theeennnn the loser picks their character.

Dandizzle

Smash Journeyman
@ Rubba Prime Rubba Prime Give yourself whatever title you want I'm done with Jceaser's punching bag. I should of practiced him before knowing we'd play though. Besides being the best of more or less 3 players isn't too much of a title.

Oracle_Fefe

Smash Rookie
@ Dandizzle Dandizzle : Calling out the best ROB in NY? PUNK!

@ Oracle_Fefe Oracle_Fefe
1) Yes
2) Composite (RYW)
3) No customs, Stages
Neutrals: Town & City, Batlefield, FD, Lylat, Smashville
Counter Picks: Duck Hunt, Halberd, Castle Siege, Kongo Jungle, Skyloft, Delfino P, Pilot Wings
4) The proper way to do this is for both players to pick their character before they know what character their opponent picks (there are ways to enforce this, but it rarely happens), after game one the loser picks the next stage then the winner picks their character theeennnn the loser picks their character.
In that case who gets to pick the stage first-round?
I'm going to be in the PM games though, I presume the smashboard's ruleset applies there or same way here?

Rubba Prime

Smash Apprentice
@ Oracle_Fefe Oracle_Fefe For the most part, SB rules apply. Both players strike Neutral stages until only one stage is left. Most players don't mind who ends up with the last ban, effectively picking the stage, but if both players want to have the last ban you can rock-paper-scissors or G&W hammers for it.

@ Dandizzle Dandizzle A title is a title, regardless of how many others are in the category. Sure it's less impressive than "best Fox", but I earned it....and not from just beating you ^^

@ 1Flow 1Flow
1) Unfortunately not. Will not happen next time though!
2) He totally is :smirk:

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
@ Oracle_Fefe Oracle_Fefe For the most part, SB rules apply. Both players strike Neutral stages until only one stage is left. Most players don't mind who ends up with the last ban, effectively picking the stage, but if both players want to have the last ban you can rock-paper-scissors or G&W hammers for it.

@ Dandizzle Dandizzle A title is a title, regardless of how many others are in the category. Sure it's less impressive than "best Fox", but I earned it....and not from just beating you ^^

@ 1Flow 1Flow
1) Unfortunately not. Will not happen next time though!
2) He totally is :smirk:
ok its all good in the hood

Dandizzle

Smash Journeyman
top kek. R.O.B only side tourney that only like 4 people enter, and only 2? that actually play the character in tourney.

Last edited:

Rubba Prime

Smash Apprentice
......................................................................................................................................:smash:
I'm treating this as a fun amount of smack talk. THEN I BOP YOU ALL SATURDAY :psycho:

Last edited:

Dandizzle

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone give me an idea of what character mains show up so I can practice? I know at least half of you but ya know.

Boiko

:drshrug:
Ness. If you can beat that one really good Ness player, you'll beat everyone.

Top Bottom