• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Nov 28, 2015] E2C 20 ft. ANTi & ZeRo in Hoffman Estates, IL (Smash 4)

BoomStickSmasher

Smash Rookie
Its possible I could come. I was also wondering could we bring amiibos to fight against other amiibos? I got Ike, King dedede, Mega man, and Sonic who I could bring. I might need to leave a bit early if I come.

Lewdenburg

Smash Rookie
Are we allowed to change our minds on the 1v1 we want to participate in? I'm thinking of reconsidering of whether or not to switch one of the singles I signed up for. (If it's not possible, I understand).

Also, what games are going to be streamed?

Additionally, what if I found out I could bring a console + game (ps3), but already signed up?

Last edited:

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Its possible I could come. I was also wondering could we bring amiibos to fight against other amiibos? I got Ike, King dedede, Mega man, and Sonic who I could bring. I might need to leave a bit early if I come.
If there are open setups after pools then yes that's not a problem.

Are we allowed to change our minds on the 1v1 we want to participate in? I'm thinking of reconsidering of whether or not to switch one of the singles I signed up for. (If it's not possible, I understand).

Also, what games are going to be streamed?

Additionally, what if I found out I could bring a console + game (ps3), but already signed up?
What did you want to switch from/to? We're going to stream mainly Smash 4 the whole day and possibly PM or Melee if Smash 4 is done early. And please bring a setup if you can. First come first serve on discounts.

woah is that the real Isai? Or is it a fake?
Not the real one.

Lewdenburg

Smash Rookie
If there are open setups after pools then yes that's not a problem.

What did you want to switch from/to? We're going to stream mainly Smash 4 the whole day and possibly PM or Melee if Smash 4 is done early. And please bring a setup if you can. First come first serve on discounts.

Not the real one.
[removed]

Last edited:

Ultra_(MQJ3)

Smash Cadet
NNID
WALI78
3DS FC
3368-2165-5005
If one does not pre-register for Smash 4 Singles, can he pay everything at the door and still get in the tournament?

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Thanks again for all players that came out to E2C 12. It was a blast and we were happy to see a lot of new faces and regulars attend. E2C 13 will be on Saturday March 28th at Top Cut Comics https://www.facebook.com/events/344161522458111/.

We have a great offer of $10 venue fee until noon on March 12th, which will include free lunch and dinner again for all players and visitors. You can pre-register for the event on http://www.events2compete.com/. If you bring out a friend that has never attended an E2C event before, you will get $2 off the venue fee. For more info on that, visit our website. We have added Project M and Melee 2v2's, Project M Crew Battles, and the new Smash 4 Auction Event. For those of you that have not heard of an Auction Event, we will be auctioning 16 random Smash 4 characters drawn out of a hat and the highest bidder will have the exclusive rights to play that character in that event. It will be single elimination, random seeding, and random stages which will add to the excitement for the event.

Videos from E2C 12 can be found on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU7ItnUvPB0&list=PL4KDl4OPAQ7k3iekLuO8pDmvtj_xNLkFM and are still being uploaded as we speak.

If you are looking to attend more events in between the monthlies, check out our weeklies at Mad River Chicago on Wednesdays https://www.facebook.com/events/594841533954687/, Kanela Breakfast Club in Chicago on Thursdays https://www.facebook.com/events/868085233233462/, and Stadium Sports Club in Rolling Meadows on Sundays https://www.facebook.com/events/375276212643811/. You can join the Chicago Smash 4 page here for info on more events https://www.facebook.com/groups/717465861667368/ and the Chicago Melee page here https://www.facebook.com/groups/126804630735563/. Also, if you haven't done so already, please like our Facebook page www.facebook.com/Events2Compete Hope to see you all at E2C 13.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Reminder to pre-register for E2C 13 on March 28th. If you register by tomorrow before noon, you will get the venue fee for $12.50 which includes free lunch and dinner. Venue fee increases to $15 tomorrow, $17.50 on the 24th, and $20 at the door. You can find the event page here for more info https://www.facebook.com/events/344161522458111/ and you can pre-register on www.events2compete.com.

Also, we have a new promotion for March Madness with our own free contest for players. The highest scoring player in Illinois will get 2 free months of E2C events which includes our upcoming basketball, kickball & dodgeball tournaments, social events, video games, board games, and other events. The highest scoring player worldwide will also win a $100 Amazon gift card. You can sign up for the bracket here http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2015/en/group?groupID=865314 and the password is e2c. Invite all your friends to participate. To be eligible, you must like our Facebook page and score a minimum of 1200 points.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
The registration link is up and ready on www.events2compete.com. Make sure to register by Saturday to get the venue fee for $10 before it increases to $12. The venue fee has been lowered since we won't be serving free food anymore. Make sure to let your friends know to register ASAP.

Where is it that we register ahead of time before May 2nd?

mouaad94

Smash Rookie
NNID
mouaad93
3DS FC
4468-1961-7948
I am attending E2C 14. I have a question though. I wish to bring my Wii with the hacked version of Project M which is the Homebrew version. It doesn't contain any hacks in the game. The only modifications I have in the game are SFX mods to make it sound like Melee which include specific character voices, slash effects, and hit effects. Other than that, there are no other modifications. I wanted to ask if they were okay to use with the console I'm bringing or if I can't bring it.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
I am attending E2C 14. I have a question though. I wish to bring my Wii with the hacked version of Project M which is the Homebrew version. It doesn't contain any hacks in the game. The only modifications I have in the game are SFX mods to make it sound like Melee which include specific character voices, slash effects, and hit effects. Other than that, there are no other modifications. I wanted to ask if they were okay to use with the console I'm bringing or if I can't bring it.
I would say bring it anyway and worst case we use it as a friendly setup if players have an issue with it.

mouaad94

Smash Rookie
NNID
mouaad93
3DS FC
4468-1961-7948
What time would I have to arrive at to setup my console. I'm planning on 12:30 AM since PM starts at 2. Would I still get the discount for the console?

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
What time would I have to arrive at to setup my console. I'm planning on 12:30 AM since PM starts at 2. Would I still get the discount for the console?
Also, there is no problem with me being 13 is there?
Try to be there half an hour before your first match begins. And no there is no problem with your age. All ages are welcome.

mouaad94

Smash Rookie
NNID
mouaad93
3DS FC
4468-1961-7948
First, thank you for replying. Second, I have one more thing. For my Wii, should I bring AV cables or composite candles?

mouaad94

Smash Rookie
NNID
mouaad93
3DS FC
4468-1961-7948
Should I bring my Wii remote and leave it next to the console? I'm just scared that someone might take it. Should I label my oconsole also?

ATATA

Smash Rookie
NNID
BeeperBopper
Switch FC
5724-5551-5318
Every game will begin at the same time from 11:30 am to 5 pm. You can register for a max of two tournaments. We will run pools and top 2 or 3 depending on the size of the pool will advance to a double elimination tournament once all pools are completed.

That's correct. Just show up and we'll register you there.

All games start at 11:30 am but just to let you know, there is a max registration of 2 games per player, otherwise that will delay every game and we will end up going past 5 pm which we can't do because of the group that's booked after us.
I thought you had to sign up on the events2compete page, is that just for people who want a discount?

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
I thought you had to sign up on the events2compete page, is that just for people who want a discount?
You're looking at one of our older messages for a past tournament. Everything has changed since then. You can sign up on the website for a discount.

Last edited:

mouaad94

Smash Rookie
NNID
mouaad93
3DS FC
4468-1961-7948
Are we gonna use the 3.6 Beta for PM or 3.5 because I have the 3.5 and can't upgrade to 3.6 at the moment.

Top Bottom