• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Smash 4 Victory - Smash 4 Bi-weekly

Smash 4 Victory - Smash 4 Bi-weekly
Posted by bader
Victory Pointe
Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 12:00 PM
Until: Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

bader

Smash Cadet
This might very well be the first Smash tournament I ever attend! :D I don't own a WiiU, so my Sm4sh game is relatively weak, but getting Shrekt is the best way to learn!

EDIT: Also, could I get a link to the FB page? The only PGH Neoh pages I find are closed groups, and I'm not seeing anything relating to this Sundays event :B
Hey there! Here's the link for the Facebook event.

https://www.facebook.com/events/154465821589847/

AceDetective742

Smash Rookie
There was a scheduling conflict for the 17th, so I had to move it back to the 24th. The tournaments are based on a bi-weekly schedule.
so there isn't a tournament this Sunday? Because I checked the site hosting the event and it said there was one on the 10th?

bader

Smash Cadet
The event calendar for the website is incorrect. I am not employed by the venue, but I will ask them to fix it. The next date is January 24th.

Cloud is legal, as stated in the rules on the first page. Please give them a read.

Last edited:

AjmLink

Smash Rookie
So January 24th is the next tourney date? I'll try to make it!

Also... whenever the last DLC patch is available, how quick will we be adapting this into the ruleset? Mainly wondering because the bayo stage, from what I've seen, is seeming like town and city-esque stage.

16Pains

Smash Rookie
NNID
16Pains
The event calendar for the website is incorrect. I am not employed by the venue, but I will ask them to fix it. The next date is January 24th.

Cloud is legal, as stated in the rules on the first page. Please give them a read.
woah wait, so it isn't the 17th anymore? these dates are super crazy. is it cuz of genesis.....crap this bites

bader

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I deeply apologize for the confusion. There have been two instances where I've had to push the date back due to scheduling conflicts at the venue. I don't work there, so there's not much I can do besides push it back.

The next date listed on this event is correct, please go by that.

I've tried to make it as clear as possible to avoid confusion. Hopefully everyone gets the memo!

bader

Smash Cadet
So January 24th is the next tourney date? I'll try to make it!

Also... whenever the last DLC patch is available, how quick will we be adapting this into the ruleset? Mainly wondering because the bayo stage, from what I've seen, is seeming like town and city-esque stage.
We won't really know about the stage and its viability until it is released. From the looks of it, there seemed to be occasional walls during the Bayonetta stage. If I had to guess, it won't be tournament legal. The characters, on the other hand, will be available for tournament use as soon as they're released.

Last edited:

AjmLink

Smash Rookie
We won't really know about the stage and its viability until it is released. From the looks of it, there seemed to be occasional walls during the Bayonetta stage. If I had to guess, it won't be tournament legal. The characters, on the other hand, will be available for tournament use as soon as they're released.
Ah good to know

McHoss

Smash Rookie
Hey Bader! I think he did read them, because the rules state that the following characters are legal:

- Mewtwo, Roy, Ryu, and Lucas are all legal in tournament play. All consoles must contain these characters.
No mention of Cloud, so that's probably where the confusion came from. Hope this helps! :)

bader

Smash Cadet
Hey Bader! I think he did read them, because the rules state that the following characters are legal:

No mention of Cloud, so that's probably where the confusion came from. Hope this helps! :)

Oh dude... I am SO sorry!! I updated the event rules on Facebook, but not smashboards. I feel like such a doof, I apologize for giving you wrong information.

Thank you very much, I am updating the rules as we speak.

bader

Smash Cadet
ATTENTION!!

I know this is short notice, but Corrin and Bayonetta are being released this WEDNESDAY, Feb 3rd. They will be LEGAL and required for any setups being used this weekend. Remember that bringing a full setup will waive the $5 venue fee! If you don't have them, your setup can be used for friendlies.

It is up in the air if the new Clock Tower stage will be used, but we are strongly considering it for a new counter pick.

Please plan accordingly and practice!! If you're worried about lack of match up experience, make sure you show up early to get in some friendlies!

In addition to that, we will only be running singles this week (2/7/16) as the Superbowl will be taking place that evening. We hope to finish early so that nobody has any scheduling conflicts!!

Last edited:

16Pains

Smash Rookie
NNID
16Pains
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
yo bayonetta is my fav vid game character, so imma do my best to practice A LOT with her and use her on sunday. thx for including her in this tourney.
also, if someone's wii u doesn't have corrin, and bayo, is it possible that their wii u could be used if the people at the desk ask the competitors "do any of u plan on using bayonetta or corrin"? if they both say no, they could use that setup?

bader

Smash Cadet
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
yo bayonetta is my fav vid game character, so imma do my best to practice A LOT with her and use her on sunday. thx for including her in this tourney.
also, if someone's wii u doesn't have corrin, and bayo, is it possible that their wii u could be used if the people at the desk ask the competitors "do any of u plan on using bayonetta or corrin"? if they both say no, they could use that setup?
We can only use around 10 setups realistically, and we are hoping to fill that quota by offering $5 off the venue fee to the first 8 who bring a console. If for some reason we don't get 10 setups, we could work around it and use yours. Otherwise it would only be used for friendlies.

16Pains

Smash Rookie
NNID
16Pains
We can only use around 10 setups realistically, and we are hoping to fill that quota by offering $5 off the venue fee to the first 8 who bring a console. If for some reason we don't get 10 setups, we could work around it and use yours. Otherwise it would only be used for friendlies.
nah, my question for me lol, it was for lets say we have 7 setups and there are 8 but one has none of the new dlc.
I cant bring my wii u cuz my mom wont let me lol

Scragleton

Smash Rookie
NNID
Scragleton
This looks like a lot of fun. Not too far from me either, definitely going to have to attend one soon! ^.^

bader

Smash Cadet
I will be at Magfest as well!! See you in the Smash tournament? lol

I might have to delegate my TO duties for a weekend unless I end pushing the tournament back, which I would hate to do.

ninjabot553

Smash Rookie
NNID
ninjabot553
Might attend soon, sounds fun and I've never been to a tourney before.

sharrrk

Smash Rookie
NNID
sharrrk
not gonna be able to make it tomorrow, unfortunately

bader

Smash Cadet
We are going to be replacing Halberd with Umbra Clock Tower as a Counter Pick stage for now.

I polled tournament staff and attendees, and replacing Halberd was the most popular option. If this causes any problems going forward, I will revert back or make and adjustments that must be made. As for now, please be aware of this change!

16Pains

Smash Rookie
NNID
16Pains
I really like the idea of replacing halberd with umbran clock tower. I personaly didn't not like halberd, but I LOVE clock tower (and everything Bayonetta related)
Also gg Midnight
sorry I didn't stay. lost to someone really campy and kept aproaching when i could've outcamped him (but i find that extremely boring)
i was frustrated and left. ill try to be there around 11 or 12 next time for friendlies and train my samus up. also dont drop ROB, ur rob is so good and very zoney (extrememley useful for facing a good bayonetta who does bad when being camped)

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
sorry I didn't stay. lost to someone really campy and kept aproaching when i could've outcamped him (but i find that extremely boring)
Dude, I know that feel. I took a game off Mav once, and immediately after fell to some guy spamming PK Fire like it was the only move he had (don't know who he is, so if you're a Lucas and I know you, I'm probably not talking about you). I've never been more upset with myself at a tournament.

I'm trying out different mains for the next few because a) my Yoshi needs a break, I have too many bad habits with him right now and he's not getting me the placements I think I should get, and b) no sense worrying about rank at this point in the season with my current performance, I'm better off experimenting the rest of the season to see how I can do my best in the next.

16Pains

Smash Rookie
NNID
16Pains
Dude, I know that feel. I took a game off Mav once, and immediately after fell to some guy spamming PK Fire like it was the only move he had (don't know who he is, so if you're a Lucas and I know you, I'm probably not talking about you).
lol it was so hard to say gg without showing my salt. i was mad at both him and me. ah well, i'm learning to out camp people with villager and wft on FG. very boring, but i need the practice
GL with ur yoshi

bader

Smash Cadet
I had a very good set with Midnight this past week. I had no MU experience with Greninja, gotta work on that

~ Midnight ~

Smash Rookie
NNID
WBFrosch202
3DS FC
1134-8573-7996
I really like the idea of replacing halberd with umbran clock tower. I personaly didn't not like halberd, but I LOVE clock tower (and everything Bayonetta related)
Also gg Midnight
i was frustrated and left. ill try to be there around 11 or 12 next time for friendlies and train my samus up. also dont drop ROB, ur rob is so good and very zoney (extrememley useful for facing a good bayonetta who does bad when being camped)
I am trying not to use R.O.B. in tournament because I want to co-main Greninja & Lucario, however my Lucario still needs to train for tournaments because it is not good enough at this point. I used R.O.B. only vs you 16Pains 16Pains due to me not liking the Greninja vs WFT Match-up. I have been focusing a lot on Lucario recently and I plan to use him at Hope X along with Greninja. Ggs to 16Pains 16Pains and bader bader , both of you are solid players and they were both enjoyable sets for me. Anyways, I hope to see a lot of you guys at Hope X to make it a great event! ~ :4greninja::4lucario:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I am trying not to use R.O.B. in tournament because I want to co-main Greninja & Lucario, however my Lucario still needs to train for tournaments because it is not good enough at this point. I used R.O.B. only vs you 16Pains 16Pains due to me not liking the Greninja vs WFT Match-up. I have been focusing a lot on Lucario recently and I plan to use him at Hope X along with Greninja. Ggs to 16Pains 16Pains and bader bader , both of you are solid players and they were both enjoyable sets for me. Anyways, I hope to see a lot of you guys at Hope X to make it a great event! ~ :4greninja::4lucario:
Lab with me. Teach me the ways of your R.O.B. You have some scary dank moves I must learn, and then I will carry the robo-torch.

Top Bottom