• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [Sep 10, 2015] Ganon's Gauntlet CGTC- Smash 4 Wii-U/Melee Weekly (Lewisville, TX)

Bruce Man

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0103-9511-7563
Had a great time on the 18th. Got second with my Mario main. Looking forward to coming back next week.

3mangos Celestia

Smash Rookie
NNID
chris-frost
So i got smash brothers for the wii u, and i will say the online service for it sucks booty, just saying

dizney

Smash Cadet
NNID
mdizney
Might be able to bring a set up to this upcoming thursday, and possibly stream some of the matches if interested.

GBmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rengi67
Might be able to bring a set up to this upcoming thursday, and possibly stream some of the matches if interested.
the only problem with streaming is if anyone is using it too much the stream will lag hard, we need 20 or more entrants to get full wifi access so just wait until we can get that number.
ill probably be able to bring a moniter next week so a setup with adapter sounds awesome.

dizney

Smash Cadet
NNID
mdizney
the only problem with streaming is if anyone is using it too much the stream will lag hard, we need 20 or more entrants to get full wifi access so just wait until we can get that number.
ill probably be able to bring a moniter next week so a setup with adapter sounds awesome.
Just found out that I won't be able to attend on Thursday, sorry man :/

3mangos Celestia

Smash Rookie
NNID
chris-frost
That tournament was fun, i didnt get to finish smash 4, but those were some good intense matches that i played, i look forward to playing everyone again, happy new year to all of you, and keep smashing on

silverscope13x

Smash Rookie
I'll be there this Thursday for sure. :) I just have a quick question. Other than a controller and $5, what else do I need to bring with me? Thanks!

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
showed up on January 8th. not a whole lot of people showed up, but i still had alot of fun. will probably come back again sometime.

EpicB13

Smash Rookie
NNID
EpicB13
3DS FC
3609-2226-8519
Hey, I'm new to Smashboards, and I've never been to a Smash Tourney before (probably because of my really young age). This may seem like a dumb question, but what is this event's atmosphere like? My parents claim the environment has to be "tame" for me to join a tournament like this. Thanks in advance!

GBmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rengi67
Hey, I'm new to Smashboards, and I've never been to a Smash Tourney before (probably because of my really young age). This may seem like a dumb question, but what is this event's atmosphere like? My parents claim the environment has to be "tame" for me to join a tournament like this. Thanks in advance!
Thats actually a pretty good question, we might cuss or rage every now and then but those are mostly from a hard loss, if there is any major problems i can tone it down as much as possible but sometimes wwhen it gets hype or intense we might get abit untamed but nothing too exciting unless you stick around for the hype friendlies we,ve had, but those are after the tournament.
If your uncomfortable or your parents feel the environment is too rowdy you can just ask me to tell everybody to tone it down, but these tournaments are meant to be friendly and fun. Its just that smash gets hype sometimes

EpicB13

Smash Rookie
NNID
EpicB13
3DS FC
3609-2226-8519
Thats actually a pretty good question, we might cuss or rage every now and then but those are mostly from a hard loss, if there is any major problems i can tone it down as much as possible but sometimes wwhen it gets hype or intense we might get abit untamed but nothing too exciting unless you stick around for the hype friendlies we,ve had, but those are after the tournament.
If your uncomfortable or your parents feel the environment is too rowdy you can just ask me to tell everybody to tone it down, but these tournaments are meant to be friendly and fun. Its just that smash gets hype sometimes
Thanks for the response. I might attend this tourney when I have the time.

Last edited:

Latimew

Smash Rookie
These tournaments are held weekly on Thursdays, right? So does that mean there will be one on the 29th (Thursday of next week)? I haven't ever participated at any tournaments before and it'd be nice if I could come, but this week is a no-go for me.

Also, just out of curiosity - is there any prize for 1st/2nd place? I don't mind either way, just wondering.

Oh, and one more question (I'm sorry for all the questions, I'm just very new to all of this): I know that you're supposed to bring your own controller, but will there be any controllers provided in case you don't have one? I'd love to use a Wii U Pro Controller, but I don't have one (although I could bring a Wii U Gamepad or Wiimote just in case).

Last edited:

silverscope13x

Smash Rookie
These tournaments are held weekly on Thursdays, right? So does that mean there will be one on the 29th (Thursday of next week)? I haven't ever participated at any tournaments before and it'd be nice if I could come, but this week is a no-go for me.

Also, just out of curiosity - is there any prize for 1st/2nd place? I don't mind either way, just wondering.

Oh, and one more question (I'm sorry for all the questions, I'm just very new to all of this): I know that you're supposed to bring your own controller, but will there be any controllers provided in case you don't have one? I'd love to use a Wii U Pro Controller, but I don't have one (although I could bring a Wii U Gamepad or Wiimote just in case).
They do have Gamecube controllers you can borrow, but I don't know about the classics. Have you tried looking around to see if any game stores have some to sell?

mightyswing

Smash Rookie
This thing happening tonight? I'm planning on coming through with the Mighty GnW, bringing a hotshot kid who thinks he can take all comers. Bit of a drive out from Duncanville, so would like some confirmation that there will indeed be smash.

I got a grip of Game Cube controllers, I can bring a couple extra if people are in need. Let me know, thanks.

GBmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rengi67
This thing happening tonight? I'm planning on coming through with the Mighty GnW, bringing a hotshot kid who thinks he can take all comers. Bit of a drive out from Duncanville, so would like some confirmation that there will indeed be smash.

I got a grip of Game Cube controllers, I can bring a couple extra if people are in need. Let me know, thanks.
should be happening every week on thursday unless i say otherwise

GBmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rengi67

This weekly is every week on Thursday, prizes go to top3 or more depending on attendance, and if you would like to use a pro controller i have no problem bringing mine.

Top Bottom