• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Mar 29, 2014] Who's Tyler? 8!!! Vinnie, Denti, Pwii [SSBB, P:M, SSB64] (Lindale, Texas)

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Who's Tyler? 8

When?
March 29th, 2014! First event of the year for us! woohoo!
(Schedule is subject to change. Smallest event will dropped first, in case of time constraint)
Doors/registration open: 10:00am
Doubles start(Brawl/PM): 12:00pm
SSB64 singles start: 2:30pm
Singles start(Brawl/PM): 3:00pm
Side event(brawl only): 6:00pm
GET OUT(everyone): 11pm(jk we can stay late but we don't want to so don't linger)

What Games?
Super Smash Bros. Brawl!(1v1 and 2v2 and side-event)
Project: Melee 3.01 or newest version(1v1 and 2v2)
Super Smash Bros. 64(1v1)

Price?
Venue Fee: $8(Waived if you bring a set-up)($3 towards Who's Tyler? X fund)
Brawl Singles: $10($5 for new players)*
Brawl Doubles: $5 per person($10 per team)
Brawl Side Event(three man teams): $2 per person($6 per team)
Brawl Side Event 2(low tier teams):$3 per person($6 per team)(if applicable)

Project: Melee Singles: $10($5 for new players)*
Project: Melee Doubles: $5 per person($10 per team)

Super Smash Bros. 64 Singles: $3

Looking at this list, you better do your best to bring some $1 bills! Try to avoid using $20's, it makes pay-out near impossible!

*new player is defined on if this is your first our second event. This is under the TO's discretion

Where?
Lindale Public Library
200 East Hubbard, Lindale, Texas 75771

Parking isn't abundant but neither are entrants :( so no worries. When you come in the front door into the foyer, we're in the Community Room on the left. You'll probably hear us being smashy!

Rules?
[collapse=Brawl]
All Matches are best 2/3 except for Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals, which are 3/5

All items set to OFF and NONE

Matches are 3 stocks with an 8 minute timer set

MK is LEGAL!

Double MK is LEGAL!

No Infinite Dimensional Cape Glitch

All Infinite chain grabs must stop before 300%

Scrooging is legal, but you must land on the main stage before going from ledge height to ledge height on the other side

Port priority should be decided, in case of argument, by Rock Paper Scissors or Game And Watch Judgement. Whoever gets the higher number gets to pick port first.

In doubles, port must be 1221, or 1212, picking follows the above rule.

No coaching is legal while a match is being played, but in between matches you may coach. If your coaching is taking more than 5 minutes I'll tell you to stop coaching and just start the match.

There is a 40 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters

Daves Stupid Rule is NOT in effect; You may go to the same stage twice in one set.

Stage List:
Starter Stages:
Smashville
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island(Brawl)
Battleship Halberd

Counterpick Stages:
Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise
Castle Seige

In game 1, Lower port(closest to Player 1) bans 1 stage form the Starter List
Higher Port(closest to Player 2) bans 2 stages from the Starter List
Lower port(closest to Player 1) bans 1 stage from the Starter List
Game 1 is played on the remaining starter stage

All following games, winner of the previous game bans one stage(Counterpick Stages are now in play)
Loser picks one stage that was not banned by the winner.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Project: Melee]
1. 4 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Items set to “Off” and “None”
4. Buffer set to OFF
5. Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.
6. In the event of a match going to time/sudden death, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whoever has more remaining stock left.
b. If stocks of both players are the same, the winner will then be determined by whoever has less percent.
c. If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, an identical rematch of the previous match will be played out. Same characters and same stage.
d. In the event of going to sudden death because of suicide kill move (such as Ganon's overB or Dedede's inhale), the player initiating the move will be declared the winner.
7. Sets will be best out of 3 games. Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals will be best out of 5.

Addendum for Doubles
1. Team Attack set to “On”
2. Life stealing is allowed. (Note that lifestealing in Project: M is done by pressing A+B, rather than Melee's start)
3. In the event of a game going to time, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whichever team has more remaining stock.
b. If both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.

Character/Stage Selection Process
1. Blind Picks character selection.
2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans three stages.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.
*Dave’s Stupid Rule is in effect

Stagelist:
Starters:
Yoshi's Story (Singles only)
Battlefield
PkmStad2
Final Destination
Smashville
Dreamland
Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)

Counterpick Stages: Yoshi's Story, Battlefield, PkmStd2, Final Destination, Smashville, Dreamland, Fountain of Dreams (Singles Only), Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Lylat Cruise, Warioware, Greenhill Zone, Skyloft, Skyworld, Metal Cavern, Dracula's Castle, Rumble Falls, Distant Planet (Teams only)

Other Rules
1. The Tournament Organizer is the arbiter of all disputes.
2. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
3. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
4. MikeHaze rule: No intentionally disrupting players, whether physically or vocally. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators. Simply talking to the players (and Hype moments) are exempt.
5. Gentleman's Clause: Any change to the rules is permitted if agreed upon by both players, except for the 8 minute time limit.
6. Textures are Cool Clause: We're usually pretty lenient with textures/custom music. You're welcome to bring your set up to the tournament with them, but please do not have any disruptive music, hard to see textures, or dramatically altered character models. If you have a problem with the set up you're playing on, notify the TO and we'll get it resolved ASAP.
7. Giga Bowser is Banned. [/collapse]

SSB64: https://www.apex-series.com/rules/smash64/

Brawl 3v3 side-event:
3v3 will run 3 person crew battles

The Crew Battle runs like this:
Team one selects first player
Team two selects first player
First players play one 1v1 match with 3 stocks each
Loser is out, winner remains, starting next match with same amount of stocks as he finished the previous match with
To lower your stock count, SD to get to the appropriate stock count, and start the match like normal with a crowd count-down
Losing team must send in second player against winning team

repeat this process until one team remains

Timer is set to 99 minutes, pause is off

ONLY ONE HIGH SEEDED PLAYER IS ALLOWED PER TEAM. Only one Denti, or one Infinity, or one Jnig, etc. I will tell you if your seeded, and I'll finalize all teams before putting them in bracket.
This is JUST to make it more fun, since it's a $2 side event. We don't want Denti Jnig and AeroLink on a team, cause that just isn't fair, even against a Labernash YelloRello and Luck team (I'm not confirming any of these players, this is just an example.)

Triple Metaknight is BANNED in this event(two is ok.)

This event IS Character Locked!
All other singles rules, including stage list, are applied here.

Prizes?
Brawl Singles Pay-out:
1st==60%
2nd==30%
3rd==10%

Brawl Doubles Pay-out:
1st==60%
2nd==30%
3rd==10%

P:M Singles Pay-out:
1st==60%
2nd==30%
3rd==10%

P:M Doubles Pay-out:
1st==60%
2nd==30%
3rd==10%

SSB64 Singles Pay-out:
1st==75%
2nd==25%

Brawl 3v3 Crews Pay-out:
1st==75%
2nd==25%

Brawl Low Tier Dubs Pay-out:
1st==75%
2nd==25%

Other:
If housing is needed, post in this thread!
If you have any questions, post in this thread or text me!
If you're running late, text me!
We should be streaming, more details to come.
I'll kick you off of set-ups for tournament use if I have to

If you're 5 minutes late from the call of your set, you forfeit the set. If you leave to go eat(you can do it whenever) just be sure to tell me first!

my number: (903)-497-8122

Last edited:

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
reserved by TO just in case

Set-ups(full):
Labernash(1 brawl/pm)
Rave(1)
David Heinrich(1 64 setup, 1 brawl/pm set-up)
Xyro(2)
Psy(1 brawl/pm)

TVs:
icecream(1)

Wii's:

Last edited:

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
I'll let you know closer to the event if I can make it. I'm gonna be out of town the previous weekend for a tournament as I mentioned on FB, but I may have other things going on too that weekend ... we'll see.

D

Deleted member

Damn, I really wanna go just because of SSB64 and PM.

But it's a two ****ing hour drive.

Hey Aliami, do you wanna do the same thing we did the last time we went to Lindale? Expect my brother won't be coming.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Why venue fee so much ='(

Why singles so little?

Not motivated to drive out there

Singles is small cuz most of the Tyler scene is broke lol

Venue is increased to raise money for the last who's Tyler, much like xyro's whobo fee's that he featured at all hobo's before whobo 4 and maybe earlier ones idk I'm a new gen

Edit: Who's Tyler X isn't the scale of WHOBO by any means lol but it'll be fun!

Edit2: SIEGE IS NOW A COUNTERPICK FOR BRAWL

Last edited:

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I think I'll pass on this unless the singles entry fee meets/exceeds the venue fee. Otherwise too much a hassle to make it out that a ways.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
But im coming from dallas. I can bring a car pool of people, or two people and a setup. Not really efficient for us to load up lots of cars with setups to avoid an expensive venue price

Labernash

Smash Lord
Les raise dat singles entry then, if UTDZac wants to come to one of our tournaments, we should make it as easy as possible.

Edit: and this is PM your talking about? That usually gets a poop ton of entrants anyway, I think $10 would be justifiable.

Last edited:

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Technically venue fee is $5 and there's a $3 "Who's Tyler? X" fee.

I've seen xyro do this with whobo and it was fine, why isn't it now?

I can raise the entry fee to $10 so the top players can make more money, or leave it at $5 so the new players/bad players feel comfortable entering/can afford the investment.
When I asked at a smash fest, the whole room said "leave it at $5!" Except for one "make it $10 so UTDZac will come!"

Even tho zac isn't coming the trade wouldn't have really been worth it in the first place, sorry.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Also, if this is at a library do we have to be like... quiet and ****?
double posting because **** it nobody answered my last question anyway

Psychoace

Smash Champion
I'm not sure of the official average but it normally seems to be about high teens to mid twenties for entrants. Nah you don't have to be quiet it's in a community room away from the actual library part we get hype as fuu man lol.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
sorry I'm never on smashboards anymore! DDoS attacks kind of killed it and everyone mostly uses facebook now lol.

PM is usually in the twenties I think has hit thirties before. iirc it was only less than 20 like once or twice ugh stupid PM scene being large
Ya you can turn up

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
WHOBO wasn't even classified as a national in terms of size lol, denti held a local that was bigger a month before. But it doesn't even matter if it's a national, its all about having a pot bonus. ETFC started charging $10 venue and everyone complaining here didn't say anything there, and they're charging more to make more money. Literally everything past paying the venue for me is going to be pot bonus for WT?X.

Quit complaining, ya nerds.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
I'm not even gonna bother arguing with Icecream over what he said about my event. I'm just gonna let it slide, because haters gonna hate.

Labernash

Smash Lord
WHOBO wasn't even classified as a national in terms of size lol, denti held a local that was bigger a month before. But it doesn't even matter if it's a national, its all about having a pot bonus. ETFC started charging $10 venue and everyone complaining here didn't say anything there, and they're charging more to make more money. Literally everything past paying the venue for me is going to be pot bonus for WT?X.

Quit complaining, ya nerds.

The thought process was that it was a national. Not another local. If you want pot bonus, go ahead. But up singles so there's incentive. Houston interest? Alrighty. And nobody complained about that because nobody was going anyway. It's not that you're using the entry fee wrong, it's that it doesn't make sense to pay more to play and walk out with less money then you would have.

Last edited:

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Raise it to 10 (even if it's just singles) and me and gnes will come with a full carpool!
If i do this, then I'm advertising to everyone that y'all are going, so I can try and make this a big one too. Can you confirm that y'all will definitely bring a full carpool if I raise it to $10?

Top Bottom