• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Mar 29, 2014] [ASL ]AUSOM 10: The Banishment of Ganondorf (Auburn, AL)

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
AUSOM 10: The Banishment of Ganondorf
Ganondorf is the Great King of Evil, and he needs to be stopped!!! He is so evil he was forced to the bottom of the tier, while Link and Zelda are down there to keep him in check. But he is becoming too powerful and destroying all who oppose him. Come see if you are one of the seven sages so Ganondorf can be stopped and sealed away.

SIGNUPS - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11qRfuQP1oRHPtCPEc3kGtTtlVNWEy7LoCDhxm9S0Qxk/viewform

Events
Brawl
Project M
Melee
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v2012

BlazBlue: Clone Phantasma
Pokemon X/Y [VGC 2014]
Fees:
NO DOOR FEE
$10 Brawl
$10 Project Melee
$10 Melee
$10 Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
$10 Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v2012
$10 BlazBlue: Clone Phantasma
$5 Pokemon X/Y VGC 2014

Payouts:
1st place 60%
2nd place 30%
3rd place 10%

Schedule: [Organizer has the right to change event times]
10:00 am Doors Open
1:00 pm Project M
2:00 pm BlazBlue: Clone Phantasma and Super Smash Bros Melee
3:00 pm Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v2012
4:00 pm Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
5:00 pm Pokemon X/Y VGC 2014

10:00 pm leave venue
Food:
Located in the student center are Chick-fil-A and Papa John's
On Magnolia
there is Mamma Goldberg Deli, McDonalds, Chipotle, Subway, Dominos etc.
Housing:
I can provide housing for a good number of folks if they don't mind sleeping on the floor. Let me know if you need any for Friday or Saturday night. Send me a message on Smashboards or Facebook
Rules:
[collapse=Brawl]3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit
Items set to “Off” and “None”
Pause set to “Off”
Meta Knight’s infinite dimensional cape tactic is banned.
All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
There is a 35 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterrupted moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
If the match ends with both players dying at the same time coincidentally, or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 15 is used for all characters.
If a match is ended via suicide move, the initiator of the move wins.
Any coaching that happens during the match (but not in between matches) is restricted. Players who violate this rule will receive a warning (BOTH the player AND the person coaching the player) on the first attempt. Players who violate this rule after a warning will be disqualified from the event and a possible ejection from the venue.
Players are to attend their matches at the designated times they are called. If you are late to a match, the following rules will be applied based on the amount of time:
If you are 5 minutes late: Results in a match loss
If you are 10 minutes late: Results in a set loss
These times will be strictly enforced to make sure that each player will enjoy the full event on a timely manner

Set Procedure

Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-2-1 (Team 1 strikes one stage, followed by Team 2 striking two stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
The first match is played.
The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
The Team that won the previous match may announce one “Stage Ban” if they have not already done so in this set.
The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counter-pick Stage List. Any Stage named as a “Stage Ban” by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
The next match is played.
Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Determining Player Priority
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams will use a random method such as Rock-Paper-Scissors, Coin Flip, or Game and Watch Judgment, where the winner selects either first choice in port selection or first choice in stage striking. Whichever team does not receive first choice in port selection will be compensated with first choice in stage striking.

Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).

Stage List

Starters

Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks

Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege

Conduct Rules

DSR: A player/team may not counter-pick to the stage they have won on in the current set.
Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it. This rule takes priority over DSR
No scrooging (player may travel under the stage only once from the ledge)
“Traveling under the stage once from the ledge” is defined as dropping off the ledge on one side of the stage and reaching the height of the original ledge on the other side of the stage.
When one of the players is attacked by the other and takes damage, the “no scrooging” rule does not apply.
The moving platform on Smashville or any platform that is not the main stage (Battlefield platforms, Castle Siege platforms, etc.) are considered to be equivalent to a ledge, i.e. if a player starts from the moving platform on one side of the stage and travels beneath the stage to the ledge/platform on the opposite side of the stage, the player may not travel beneath the stage back to the ledge/moving platform on the opposite side before until he lands back on the platform.
If a player is found to be performing the act of scrooging by a tournament organizer (by his/her discretion), the player will forfeit that match.
In the event pause is left on accidentally and is pressed, immediately call over the TO. Based upon their judgment, the situation will be resolved. If your situation is neutral [players are not in combat], the match will be resumed as if the pause had not occurred. If your situation is advantageous to one individual and the player in the disadvantageous situation paused, the disadvantaged player will be either placed in a grab or onto the ledge of the stage. If a player in a death situation [Chain grabs, Grab releases, Jab-locks to a kill move, etc] paused while in a death situation, the current stock is forfeited immediately. If you unpause before the TO reaches the station, the player that unpaused losses a stock.
Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you’re using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
Any hacks, including (but not limited to) textures, music, and model changes are not allowed unless approved by tournament organizer.[/collapse]
[collapse=Project M]* 4 stock, 8 minutes.
* Sets are best of 3. Finals are best of 5.
* Items set to “off” and “none.”
* Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.
* Dave’s Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick any stage he won on in a set.
* Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can’t be agreed upon. For doubles, the controller ports must be 1-2-2-1.
* For doubles, Team Attack is on and life stealing is allowed. Remember that Attack+Special, not the Pause button, is used to steal lives.
* Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the pauser.
* Quitting out of a match before it is over will result in a loss for the quitter.
* If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.
* If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon’s side-B, Kirby/DDD’s swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.
* Buffer set to off.
* Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick are ok.
* Custom music is allowed as long as it’s not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks outside of the official team color textures are not.
* If you want to use your own SD card, a TO must overwrite the important game files (not music) in order to make sure there are no modifications. If you are caught cheating with modified game files, you will be immediately DQed without refund and banned from future events.
* In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQed at the TO’s discretion.
* No excessive stalling (this includes abusing Jiggs’ Rising Pound and Mario’s Up-B Walljump)
* No coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as it doesn’t hold up the next match.
* Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.
* Giga Bowser is banned.

Stagelist:
For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in 1-2-2-1 fashion. After each match, the winner of the previous match bans 3 stages (Players may counterpick a stage that they previously banned in the set, but may not counterpick a stage on which they won). The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character.

Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi’s Story (Melee) (singles only)
SSE: Jungle (doubles only)

Counterpicks:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi’s Story (Melee) (singles only)
SSE: Jungle (doubles only)
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone
Skyloft
Skyworld[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee] http://smashboards.com/threads/mbr-official-rule-set.257229/ [/collapse]
[collapse=UMvC3]Pool play 3/5 matches
Losers/Winners/Grand Finals 3/5 matches
No game breaking glitches allowed
Winner must retain same team and order at player select screen, but may reorder by holding an assist during loading screens
Random stage selection unless both players agree on a stage
Double elimination[/collapse]
[collapse=Pokemon X/Y VGC 2014]Official Rules
TL;DR
The standard battle format style will be Flat Double Battles using Pokémon X and Y. Pokémon that are above Level 50 being auto-leveled down to 50 for the duration of battle. Players can only use Pokémon from the Central, Coastal or Mountain Kalos Pokédexes, except Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde and Mewtwo. Pokémon transferred from Generation V games by Pokémon Bank or Poké Transporter are banned but they can be used to breed new Pokémon in Pokémon X and Y. The moves Sky Drop and Dark Void are now permitted. Mega Evolution and Hidden Abilities are allowed.[/collapse]
Parking
The red square is the parking deck close to the student center and is free over the weekend. The blue square is the student center
[collapse=PARKING MAP]
[/collapse]
Please bring set-ups we need TVs, Consoles, and Games. The more that is brought the smoother the tournament will run. Thank you.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/578150362271758
If you need to get in contact with me, my cell is (864) 525-9768​

Last edited:

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Hot diggity dogg damn, I should be here.

Primarily just to **** wit ******. I'll play once I warm up.

EDIT: Also... Is this gonna be AE? Or Vanilla SF?

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
Memphis is planning on coming to this. So far I have Talon and JetA interested. Would be awesome to play with the alabama players again!

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
So is melee free? And how the turnout b for blaz blue n umvc3?
Oops forgot to add the fee, Melee is $10 fee.
This is our first time doing BlazBlue so we are unsure of the turnout, I meet a blazblue player who said he would help spread the word for us.
For UMvC3, we had an ok turnout (6-8) but the guys really liked us so hopefully they will help spread the word and have a larger turnout.
If you know any who play these games spread the word so we can have a great turnout.

Last edited:

ragnarock

Smash Lord
O ok. Is anybOdy offering housing good tHis. Ima try in make it and bring some ppl.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Ok cool. I should make it to this. Ima back for a couple of asleep seasons then leave this game b. N thanks for housing me n my buddies.

Last edited:

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
I'm assuming you'll be using the Apex Melee ruleset?
And there wouldn't happen to also be a singles tournament for Pokemon X/Y would there?

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Rag comes in here, to ask about the Auburn tournament, but hasn't talked to the rest of Mobile crew in over a month? Where are you brah?

Also, I'm not in any way confirming for this yet, but Levi, you got me?

Last edited:

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
@ JKHDaBomb JKHDaBomb : We don't have a 64 scene to my knowledge...sorry :/
@ Sickolas Sickolas : Yes we will be using Apex rules. Also we are doing VGC for pokemon since we have a decent size competitive pokemon scene here and we want to practice for the regional soon. We might get singles if enough are interested.
@ Metmetm3t Metmetm3t : We got you dude

Last edited:

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
Alright I'll pay attention to see if singles shows up. I like Smogon OU and UU, either of those would be cool. And is there only singles for the smash games or will there also be doubles?

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
Our apartment is open to all that need housing. If you don't mind a chair/floor/couch. You guys better start calling dibs now. I want this tournament to be just like the ole' days *tear*

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Imho $10 per event is too high. Us 7.50 an hour folks live the struggle just getting there. And the increased pot is probably not going to attract any different faces at these rates.

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
Uhhh there is no door fee. That's already saving money for the "usual" tournament goers, Unless we got a M2k in our ranks I don't think someone is entering every event, unless they believe they have a good chance of winning them all.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Your fee should b based on turnouts. unLess the smash scene has grown since I took my break.

Last edited:

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I'm just not a privileged person n this society. That y money is a factor

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Would love to attend this if I could snag a ride in a carpool heading down. :3

*Cam*

Smash Lord
If only there was an organization dedicated to lowering the cost of AL tournaments while still guaranteeing a nice prize pot.

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
Your fee should b based on turnouts. unLess the smash scene has grown since I took my break.
Yeah, in the flakiest fgc of all time, base a tourney entry fee on turnout? Both GA and mobile were supposed to show at the last ausom... :)

-Will, using bloo's acc

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Yeah, in the flakiest fgc of all time, base a tourney entry fee on turnout? Both GA and mobile were supposed to show at the last ausom... :)

-Will, using bloo's acc
Flakiest FGC of all time that just ran hosted a 40 man local on a 3 weeks notice. And don't you call out Mobile crew who never was on the radar, and never posted that we were coming. Espcially since I was on vacation. $5 entry fee just saves everyone that much more cash. Especially when you aren't planning on pulling big numbers.

Top Bottom