• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 4, 2015] SWEET XX: A Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament feat. Westballz! (East Lansing, MI)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
well im gonna enter PM and i havent played PM that much but can icies still infinite? and would it be banned if they can?
i just dont want to run into one of those players....
Wobbling doesn't exist in PM. They were smart enough to remove that silly infinite.

It's banned for Melee at this tourney. Can't do 4+ hits in a row.

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry to say I have like, a 10% chance of making it to this event. Because I will be gone, somebody needs to money match Shibby, because I can't.

However, if I do show up, I said nothing about money matching Shibby, I have no intentions of losing.

Harbl

Smash Rookie
huehuehuehue. dusted off the old smb account. god why do i still play this game -_-

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
Deafy is going to make it out of pools. At least I am rooting for it to happen this weekend! I'll watch the stream but I can't make it this time, bummer. See you guys at the Spartan Arcadian.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Final announcements for tomorrow:

1. Arrive on time please, as the tourney will start promptly with Melee Doubles at noon and Melee Singles at 2pm. We won't wait for stragglers. Familiarize yourself with parking/dropoff/directions to the venue!

2. Bring exact change to make life easier for the TOs! If you're entering $15 worth of events, bring exactly $15. If you're entering $20 worth of events, bring exactly $20, etc.

3. Bring your own controller as always. And if you can bring a full setup, please do so to ensure the tourney runs smoothly with plenty of friendlies. You get $5 back for a full setup! Thanks in advance.

If you have any questions, post them here or in the Facebook event:
https://www.facebook.com/events/217461408447272/

Deafy

Aspiring Deaf Semi-Pro Smasher
Deafy is going to make it out of pools. At least I am rooting for it to happen this weekend! I'll watch the stream but I can't make it this time, bummer. See you guys at the Spartan Arcadian.
I'm not going because my ride bailed on me but I'm here at Sturgis Game Room LANing Halo with my boys!!! If you want to come watch us on Twitch I will post the link here soon.

NNOOOBB

Smash Rookie
NNID
NNOOOBB
Armada is gonna be at a tourney i can't go to. I'm not even angry, that's amazing for MI smash scene! :)

Grouty

Smash Rookie
Hi, I was just curious if this tournament is friendly to noobs. I've been paying smash 4 and want to get into melee but I have low tech skill on a gc controller and have only really practiced on dolphin. I play more traditional fighting games though and have been able to pick up most of the tech skill needed for difficult combos in games like UMvC3. I live in Lansing and I'd like to come out but if I'll just kinda be a pot monster that gets in the way I'm not sure if I should.

Stif

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I was just curious if this tournament is friendly to noobs. I've been paying smash 4 and want to get into melee but I have low tech skill on a gc controller and have only really practiced on dolphin. I play more traditional fighting games though and have been able to pick up most of the tech skill needed for difficult combos in games like UMvC3. I live in Lansing and I'd like to come out but if I'll just kinda be a pot monster that gets in the way I'm not sure if I should.
Don't worry about it dude, everybody is super friendly. If you want ill introduce you to some guys from the scene.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
The tourney is open to everyone of all skill levels, and the round-robin format ensures more playing time than a typical FGC-style straight bracket. I definitely recommend coming out to this one, or at least the next one which will be in East Lansing.

ShinsuYavi

D-Tier Melee Rookie
Whew, almost missed registration. Wouldn't want to miss the tournament that marks my one year anniversary in competitive smash Oh wait that is actually in May, haha!

Regsrdless, looking forward to it!!!

Last edited:

mo0dy

Smash Rookie
pretty new to this whole thing, anyone know when the info for the next event will start coming out? was thinking of making my way to EL for it. I assume it'd just get posted to the FB group but wanted to ask.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
pretty new to this whole thing, anyone know when the info for the next event will start coming out? was thinking of making my way to EL for it. I assume it'd just get posted to the FB group but wanted to ask.
Hey, we were all at Apex last weekend and couldn't really update anything. Expect an update later this week.

Top Bottom