• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 4, 2015] SWEET XX: A Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament feat. Westballz! (East Lansing, MI)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Is there no interest or no time for PM? I was thinking of coming to this over Kings of the North until I saw that.
Oh, PM interest is never an issue. It's just that the guys in East Lansing who helped secure our venue are relatively new at TOing, with this being the first legit event they've hosted. Of course I'll be helping run things, but we mutually agreed that doing Melee-only for this installment of the series would be in our best interests. Look for PM at the next installment after this one!

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Oh, PM interest is never an issue. It's just that the guys in East Lansing who helped secure our venue are relatively new at TOing, with this being the first legit event they've hosted. Of course I'll be helping run things, but we mutually agreed that doing Melee-only for this installment of the series would be in our best interests. Look for PM at the next installment after this one!
I can understand this decision! Hopefully the next one has PM though, I'm sure Grand Rapids would try to come in full force.

LukeTheDuke

Smash Rookie
there needs to be a tourney or smashfest on a friday one of these days so i can go. i wish jackson , MI wasn't so darn far away from the bigger cities. for a guy without a car who wants to be better at smash this is really a problem.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
Dope is coming?

So, this is going to be good. Also if you are looking for a doubles partner.. I may also be looking for a doubles partner.

DTR

Smash Journeyman
Hmm..this is 4 hours from Columbus, but I can stop @ my parents house half way through in Toledo. Maybe I'll come learn from the Veteran @ Juggleguy Juggleguy ??

Amar
yooo amar. the youngstown tourney with mango, soft, vanz, and abate is only 3 hours from cbus. looking at around 100~ people if you wanna come down. either way boosting either tournies entrants is always a good thing

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Yeah, we ran a 57 man tournament on 3 projectors!!!

Use some common sense.

Hyped for this next sweet, can't let Yu take our money again.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
Generally in MI wobbling and freeze glitches are banned. All other infinates/chain grabs are legal.
well im gonna enter PM and i havent played PM that much but can icies still infinite? and would it be banned if they can?
i just dont want to run into one of those players....

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
I should be able to make it with a full setup of PM, if nothing comes up last minute like with the past three tourneys I was supposed to go to. I'm not entering the tourney this time around though, so if you guys need any help with anything to do with running the tourney I would be more than happy to help; I need all and any experience I can get.

Last edited:
Top Bottom