• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Malfunctioning controls

SmashFighter64

Smash Cadet
In Project M 3.5, I found some issues with the controls while I was playing with the Wii Remote. Most of the issues include:
-Holding down a button when charging a Smash Attack or special move (e.g. Fox's reflector) will randomly release the button.
-While walking, sometimes it will randomly turn into a dash
-Holding down any button will randomly be release
-Small input lag between some button inputs

I don't know if this affects the Gamecube controller, but I found these issues annoying, since I can't properly play with the Wii Remote. It would be nice if someone found a fix regarding these issues.

SmashFighter64

Smash Cadet
I'm using the Brawl disc to play Project M. What basically happens is that every time I star walking, the character I'm playing as will start running and every time the character is running, they will stop even though I didn't release the directional button. This also happens whenever I hold down a Smash Attack or a special move like Fox's Reflector.

MaxThunder

PM Support
The wiimote alone has known to be problematic in PM, but wiimote+nunchuck works perfectly for me and a friend... both using wiis with usb-loader...

Lorenzo The Comic

Smash Journeyman
some place pronounced like a Pokémon Website
NNID
OutboundKid
So, after injecting another game into my USB drive... I've no idea how I did it, but last time I played the button-release issue didn't occur at all. I went into Training Mode to practice Wave Shining, the game would let me fully charge my up smash.

And then the next time I start PM, the issue came back...

Last edited:
Top Bottom