• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 13 - Most Recent Movesets: The Advertisement Period Begins

JOE!

Smash Hero
Ok, why? //was in response to a deleted post lol

Also dm, afraid that tl;Dr will put a damper on atj :/

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Since you guys have a lot of experience in analyzing and creating movesets I was thinking I could use your help. The MLP Fighting is Magic Rebirth Project (designed to make a community supported version of Fighting is Magic that WON'T be shut down by Hasbro) needs feedback and moveset ideas and majority of the posters on the board aren't don't have much experience in making movesets or providing feedback for metagame related materials. It is why I'm going to you guys in hopes that you might be able to help them out.

http://boards.4chan.org/mlp/res/8724329
You've checked out the pony movesets around here already, I presume? Keep in mind we make these sets for a different audience and engine, but you can take some inspiration from them.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
"The arcana is the means by which all is revealed..."

Plans? Screw gathering a bunch of images: Here's some famous and/or related quotes for sets I plan in MYM13, of which I have far too many to do. One quote per character. >D

Once per turn: You can discard one card to place one Ice Counter on one monster on the field. This card gains 300 ATK for every Ice Counter on the field.

"PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: SEEK OUT AND DESTROY THE HYPERFORCE."

"You are but a mere mortal. Soft flesh, easily crushed by my terrible wrath..."

"You always were my inferior. More suited to philosophy...than battle!"

"I'll give Scrapperton one thing: He knows how to build 'em. But I can break anything!"

The Maid and The Pocket Watch of Blood.

"First the little sister and now you. What kind of day is this?!"

"Come...I'll end your emptiness..."

"I'm gonna bare it all!"

"The arcana is the means by which ALL is revealed..."
I am sure nobody cares about this...but I wanted to reveal what my previews were and why the sets were or were not completed.

1. Cold Enchanter (Yu-Gi-Oh!)(Completed)
2. Skeleton Droid (Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go!)(Incomplete: Organization issues when organization was the only reason I wanted to do it)
3. Skeleton King (Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go!)(Incomplete: Couldn't think of enough to finish it)
4. Mandarin (Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go!)(Incomplete: Couldn't think of enough to finish it)
5. Nova (Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go!)(Incomplete: Had better **** to do)
6. Sakuya Izayoi (Touhou)(Incomplete: Merge and Junahu made Sakuya so yeah)
7. Patchouli Knowledge (Touhou)(Complete!)
8. Shadow Mitsuo (Persona 4)(Incomplete: Decided to put more thought into it)
9. Shadow Rise (Persona 4)(Incomplete: Too much work)
10. Nyx Avatar (Persona 3)(Incomplete: Too much work)

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Reposting my plans so people can see them and because I have more (to reveal). From top to bottom, plans that are close to completion and will probably be posted next contest to the ones I have some progress on all the way down to the ones I haven't even started on but would like to make for the character.

n88

Smash Lord
It has come to my attention that some of my movesets are still suffering from mass shrinkage for no apparent reason (not all affected images are even hosted on the same website). Unfortunately, I am no longer able to edit the posts containing some of these sets. For reference purposes, all of my image movesets can be found here. (At some point later, I'll edit these into old posts so they're visible on the dark background they were meant to be read on, but I haven't got time at the moment)

BladeKnight420

Smash Rookie
Don't mind me over here, guys. Missed almost this entire contest. I'm interested in participating in the next one, though, if somebody could tell me when that is.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Don't mind me over here, guys. Missed almost this entire contest. I'm interested in participating in the next one, though, if somebody could tell me when that is.
We don't have an exact time yet, though we will post when we do, but mid-March would be a good idea.

Junahu

Smash Ace
It has come to my attention that some of my movesets are still suffering from mass shrinkage for no apparent reason (not all affected images are even hosted on the same website). Unfortunately, I am no longer able to edit the posts containing some of these sets. For reference purposes, all of my image movesets can be found here. (At some point later, I'll edit these into old posts so they're visible on the dark background they were meant to be read on, but I haven't got time at the moment)
When you do, please get in contact with me. I loathe the idea of bunker links linking to unreadable movesets.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
The MYM13 Voting and Advertising Period is OVAAAAAAAAAAH!

Thank you to Katapultar, darth_meanie, JOE, Daviddreamcatcha, myself, Big Mac, SmashDaddy, ForwardArrow and Kupa for voting! The Top 50 should be up soon enough. Happy days, all!

TheKalmarKing

Smash Apprentice
Owch, I subscribed too late to participate. I'll wait for MyM 14 then! Looking forward to it!

Junahu

Smash Ace
A date hasn't been announced yet. Typically the new MYM's start date is posted after the Top50 movesets list has been finalised.

A rough guesstimate would place MYM14 at the end of this month

Junahu

Smash Ace
indeed.

Also, Avatars have been upgraded to 124x124, which means I have to go back to the salt mines to redo these avatar frames.

Edit: other news, from the "We're on Xenforo!" feedback thread;
Posts-Per-Page will never be modifiable, but they are open to changing the default to something other than 40
Viewing individual posts is something Xenforo itself cannot do. If we want this functionality back, we'd have to go to Xenforo and somehow convince them to add it.
They do have Spoiler and Table on their list of BBCode to reinstate. Glow is not there, however.

Edit: Here ya'll go. Haven't made a non-transparancy version yet, so you Microsoft Paint squatters are gonna have to ask for some help.

Junahu

Smash Ace
MYM Awards XIII (Unlucky 13 edition)
Half_Silver has sadly decided to pass the gauntlet onto me (or maybe he didn't and I'm being presumptuous, who knows?) so this MYM's Awards will be handled by me, Junahu.

A brief recap of what this is; This is an informal opportunity to vote on your favourite movesets and movesetters in various catagories, some prestigious, others... not-so-prestigious. This whole thing is seperate to the "Top50: Movesets List" which is currently being tinkered with by MYM's Leadership.

The rules are, there are no rules.
Anyone at all can vote, you can give as many votes in each catagory as you wish, and you can even selfishly vote for yourself whenever your name crops up.

The catagories are below, along with the candidates you may vote for. Vote for whoever you feel is the most deserving candidates in each catagory. Or vote for some other candidate that isn't listed, I aint perfect, maybe I missed somebody?
Clump together some votes for each catagory you feel like voting in, slap them on a "PM" (Smashboards now calls 'em "Conversations") and send them to good ol' Junahu, me.

The deadline for votes is... whenever I feel everyone that was going to vote has voted. I'll give a couple of days notice in the MakeYourMove thread (i.e. this thread), so don't worry about any looming deadline.

With all that said, on with the awards!
Best Moveset Designer
Who do you feel was the best MYMer in terms of creating Moveset content? Is the 'best' the person who makes a lot a movesets? Does individual moveset quality matter? Maybe the 'best' is just whoever made the movesets you enjoyed reading the most.
[Every single MYMer who has posted a moveset in MYM13 is a viable candidate]
Agidius, Bionichute, BigMac, BKupa666, Conren, Davidreamcatcha, Emergency, ForwardArrow, FrozenRoy, Getocoolaid, Hyper_Ridley, Jimnymebob, JOE!, Junahu, Katapultar, Kholdstare, koric, majora_787, ManlySpirit, n88_2004, Nicholas1024, Peeup, Plorf, ProfPeanut, Really Shy Guy, rice819, SirKibble, Smashbot226, SmashShadow, The Warrior of Many Faces, Tirkaro, Violenceman, Waver, Xiroey​
Best New Designer
Same as above, I want your votes on who is the 'best' Moveset Designer. However, in this catagory, only "new" MYMers count. All those old farts who've been around since MYM10 can't get in on this award.
[Every MYMer who hasn't posted a moveset in MYMX, MYMXI or MYM12, but HAS posted a moveset in MYM13 counts]
Jimnymebob, ManlySpirit, Peeup, Really Shy Guy, rice819, SmashShadow, Xiroey​
Best Core Concept in a Moveset
Formally known as the "Best Moveset Mechanic" catagory. Here we ask which movesets had the greatest ideas driving them. Cool concepts don't neccessarily equal great movesets, but they certainly provide great hooks.
[There is no candidates list, because every single moveset ever made has a core concept. Go grab the Moveset List from the Stadium, or Bunker or wherever, and find some sets that you liked the concept of. You don't have to list the concept you liked when you vote, just the Moveset itself]
Best Playstyle in a Moveset
Once a moveset comes together, you can get a sense of whether it hits home, or falls short, by figuring out how people would play a moveset if it were really real. Would it be fun? Would it be a mess? Vote for whatever movesets you think exemplify what "Playstyle" is all about
[There is no candidates list, because you'll never find a moveset that doesn't have a playstyle. So, just like the previous catagory above, just find your favourites out of all the movesets posted in MYM13]
Best One-Hit Wonder
Some guys just waltz into the thread, post one moveset, and then dance off into the sunset like jerks. Which of these jerk movesets was the best though?
[Single movesets (no big team sets, and no joints) that are the only movesets posted by their MYMer in MYM13, count for this reward]
Magnemite [by Conren]​
Jak and Daxter [by Jimnymebob]​
Witch [by koric]​
Sawtooth and Squarewave [by majora_787]​
Spiral [by n88_2004]​
George Washington [by Peeup]​
Dark Meta Knight [by Plorf]​
Lady Gaga [by Really Shy Guy]​
Cooking Mama [by rice819]​
Wind Waker bang Head Against Wall Guy [by SirKibble]​
Sauron [by Smashbot226]​
Arsenal Primid [by SmashShadow]​
The Thief [by Violenceman]​
Flozar the Toucan [by Waver]​
Zigzagoon [by Xiroey]​
Best Joint Moveset
Teaming up with a fellow MYMer is one way of sharing the love and making a moveset at the same time. Of MYM13's offerings, which Joint Movesets do you feel were works of greatness?
[Any moveset that was co-authored by two or more people, counts for this award]
Ashens [by Davidreamcatcha & BigMac]​
Queen Worm [by Big Mac & Smash Daddy]​
Sakuya [by Emergency & Junahu]​
Stromboli [by Davidreamcatcha & BigMac]​
Best Pokemon Series Moveset
Catching them all is the name of the game, but putting them into Smash Bros is fine too... I guess.
[In this catagory, any moveset based off of a creature or person from the Pokemon Universe counts. Made up Pokemon and People are valid too]
Clayton [by BigMac]​
Magnemite [by Conren]​
Alakazam [by JOE!]​
Feraligatr [by JOE!]​
Breloom [by JOE!]​
Porygon Z [by JOE!]​
Bisharp [by JOE!]​
Armantle [by JOE!]​
Zigzagoon [by Xiroey]​
Gigalith [by The Warrior of Many Faces]​
Swampert [by Kholdstare]​
Best Robot Moveset
Movesets with clanking gears and sparking sockets go here.... [bzzt]
[For this award, any Moveset for a character that is robotic, or at least a little cyborg like, counts. Technically most of the Illbleed movesets are robots, and I'll accept votes for them, but they're not listed here]
BubbleMan.EXE [by Nicholas1024]​
Sawtooth and Squarewave [by majora_787]​
FlashMan.EXE [by Nicholas1024]​
Soundwave Superior [by Bionichute]​
BeastMan.EXE [by FrozenRoy]​
Magnemite [by Conren]​
DrillMan.EXE [by Nicholas1024]​
Porygon Z [by JOE!]​
Pharaoh Man [by agidius]​
Grimlock [by Hyper_Ridley]​
GLaDOS [by Getocoolaid]​
Best My Little Pony Moveset
Yes, there is indeed a catagory for discerning which moveset based off of the MLP series is the best, there were just that many Ponies.
[Even Original Character ponies count for this award, and horses in general I guess. If you can ride it and it has a mane, I'll allow it]
Garble [by Hyper_Ridley]​
Trixie [by The Warrior of Many Faces]​
The Flim-Flam Brothers [by Getocoolaid]​
Queen Chrysalis [by Kholdstare]​
Rolled Scroll [by Agidius]​
Grinding Gears [by Big Mac]​
2/7 Discord [by Davidreamcatcha]​
Banana Nut Sundae [by tirkaro]​
Derpy Hooves by [The Warrior of Many Faces]​
King Sombra [by Hyper_Ridley]​
Headless Horseman [by FrozenRoy]​
Best TeamFortress2 Moveset
You've met the team, but which characters from Team Fortress 2 turned into the greatest movesets?
[It's gotta be a character from the Team Fortress series. There's no other way into this catagory]
The Scout [by ForwardArrow]​
The Soldier [by Davidreamcatcha]​
The Heavy [by Agidius]​
The Medic [by BKupa666]​
The Sniper [by Big Mac]​
The Demoman [by ProfPeanut]​
Best "Illbleed" Moveset
Which are the best entries out of the monstrously belated monster movesets that call Illbleed their home?
[This catagory is for any moveset for a character that hails from the Dreamcast "classic" Illbleed]
Banballow [by SmashDaddy]​
Queen Worm [by Big Mac & SmashDaddy]​
Trent [by Big Mac]​
Cuty Mary [by Junahu]​
Cashman [by SmashDaddy]​
Killerman [by ForwardArrow]​
Zodick the Hellhog [by Big Mac]​
Michael Reynolds [by Smash Daddy]​
Best Katapultar Moveset
Katapultar, for those not in the know, is the name of an MYMer. And now, at long last, he has his own catagory in the MYM Awards
[Well... uh, there's no wiggle room for this. Vote for your favourite moveset that Katapultar wrote]
Athena​
Madolche Majoleine​
Ghetsis​
Young Xehanort​
Luke Atmey​
Putata​
Tabitha Orleans​
Yukiki​
Ryota Ijima/Mistelteinn​
Mukae Emukae​
Funniest Moveset
Injecting some humor into your work is a great way to keep readers from literally dieing of boredom. Help keep our mortality rate low, by writing some funny movesets from time to time, ok?
[This catagory is not exclusively for Joke movesets, any set that elicits a chuckle while reading is a viable choice. Since humor is subjective, this list is by no means exhaustive]
Ashens [by Davidreamcatcha & Big Mac]​
Aquaman [by Kholdstare]​
Lady Gaga [by Really Shy Guy]​
Pumkin [by Kholdstare]​
Zak Gramarye [by Big Mac]​
Wind Waker Bang Head Against Wall Guy [by Sirkibble]​
Kamella [by Junahu]​
The Creeper [by Tirkaro]​
Grinding Gears [by Big Mac]​
2/7 Discord [by Davidreamcatcha]​
Banana Nut Sundae [by Tirkaro]​
Best Playstation All-Stars Moveset
Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale is Sony's own stab at the mascot fighter genre, which is hardly a genre at all right now. Some Movesets exist for the engine, hence this catagory.
[You can vote for any moveset designed for PSA:BR's engine, posted during MYM13 by an MYMer. Or you could vote for none of them, if you're a big smelly vpants]
Neo Cortex [by Life's_a_painDavidreamcatcha] [Link]​
Tiny [by GLADICOULDHELP!BigMac] [Link]​
Cuty Mary [by CAKE_PLee3ASE!Junahu] [Toon Link]​
Best Commentator
Feedback on movesets is a critically important factor in keeping the MYM train rolling. So this award is for those MYMers who create the best, most helpful, or simply the most comments.
[Anyone who commented even a single moveset during the course of MYM13 counts for this, so even I could win...?]
Katapultar, BigMac, FrozenRoy, DarthMeanie, Junahu, The Warrior of Many Faces, Conren, SmashDaddy, Hyper_Ridley, BKupa666, BladeKnight420, ForwardArrow, JOE!, Agidius, n88_2004​
Best "Ranker"
Putting movesets or people into an ordered list. That's what this is. This covers a fairly broad range of 'things', so vote for whatever 'thing' is most helpful to you.
[Anyone who created and maintained a "Ranking" during MYM13 counts for Best Ranker. You can technically vote for Kholdstare's, but I won't list it here]
The Warrior of Many Faces​
Big Mac​
Katapultar​
ForwardArrow​
FrozenRoy​
Davidreamcatcha​
Best Leader
Those are the guys who, legend says, lead MYM. On nights of a full moon, you can see their shadows, weaving Top50s into the night sky.
[The award is open to anyone who was an official MYM leader for any amount of time during MYM13]
Katapultar​
FrozenRoy​
ForwardArrow​
MasterWarlord​
SmashDaddy​
BKupa666​
MYM13 WINRAR
Who won? Just, in general. Which MYMer is that much full of win?
[Literally any person who has ever posted in MYM13 can win. There is no list, just vote for everyone you like in this community]
Special Award: Best Mike Dawson
Best Mike Dawson
[Best Mike Dawson]
Ring Toss Man [by Big Mama]​
Rita [by SmushSister]​
Dieing Clown [by MissDwibble]​
Minnie and Daisie [by JILL!]​
Ik and Uk [by Chantaro]​
Mom [by Kathypultar]​
Special Award: Biggest MYM13 Controversy
All MYMs have turbulent patches, and MYM13 was no different. Which was your favourite head-desk moment?
[Pretty subjective, so if there was something controversial in MYM13 that isn't on this list, go ahead and vote for it]
MasterBannedlord​
Weekly User Rankings that nobody did​
Zero Tolerance on PSA:BR movesets​
The Halloween that never was​
We're on Xenforo!​
Everything is dead. Doooooom!​
Can't take a joke [<-Vote for this if, after this post, some humorless sod brings up an arguement about any of the above]
Special Award: Most Missed MYMer
[I totally copy-pasted this list of MYMers from MYM12's awards, and then added Half_Silver]
Half_Silver, TheSundanceKid, tirkaro, KoJ, Chief Mendez, goldwyvern, UserShadow7989, KingK.Rool, LegendofLink, princesspeachluver, Spadefox, Wizzerd, Tanookie, agidius, Pelikinesis, Clownbot, emergency, MarthTrinity, HeoandReo, GreatClayMonkey, darth_meanie, Iron Thorn, Akiak​

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
If you can ride it and it has a mane, I'll allow it

I don't see Headless Horseman on this list. Correct this please.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Technically the Headless Horseman is the Man, and not the Horse. That's why he's a Horseman, and not a Manhorse.

But sure, I'll allow it.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
1) Jarad (ForwardArrow)
2) Lizard (ForwardArrow)
3) Ace Trainer JOE (JOE!)
4) Cashman (Smash Daddy)​
5) Michael Reynolds (Smash Daddy)​
6) Koala Kong (MasterWarlord)​
7) Deathborn (Big Mac)​
8) Mike Dawson (Junahu)​
9) Skull Kid (FrozenRoy)​
10) The Soldier (Smash Daddy)​
11) Bubbleman.EXE (Nicholas1024)​
12) Sakuya Izayoi (Emergency & Junahu)​
13) Trent (Big Mac)​
14) Luke Atmey (Katapultar)​
15) H.N. Elly (ForwardArrow)​
16) Dark Meta Knight (Plorf)​
17) Putata (Katapultar)​
18) SAWTOOTH and SQUAREWAVE (majora_787)​
19) Pharaoh Man (Agidius)​
20) Zodick the Hedgehog (Big Mac)​
21) The Sniper (Big Mac)​
22) Rose Lalonde (Agidius)​
23) Zak Gramarye (Big Mac)​
24) Lord Voldemort (BKupa666)​
25) Nyx Assassin (ProfPeanut)​
26) Uka Uka (Big Mac)​
27) Patchouli Knowledge (FrozenRoy)​
28) Clayton (MasterWarlord)​
29) Queen Worm (Big Mac & Smash Daddy)​
30) Sauron (smashbot226)​
31) Princess Bubblegum (Daviddreamcatcha)​
32) Asura (FrozenRoy)​
33) Tigger (BKupa666)​
34) Cold Enchanter (FrozenRoy)​
35) The Thief (Violenceman)​
36) Kammy Koopa (Getocoolaid)​
37) Demoman (ProfPeanut)​
38) Madolche Majoleine (Katapultar)​
39) Gwyndolin (Tirkaro)​
40) BeastMan.EXE (FrozenRoy)​
41) Randy Johnson (FrozenRoy)​
42) The Headless Horseman (FrozenRoy)​
43) GLaDOS (Getocoolaid)​
44) Stromboli (Daviddreamcatcha & MasterWarlord)​
45) Lyndis (ManlySpirit)​
46) The Joker (Daviddreamcatcha)​
47) Larfleeze (Warrior of Many Faces)​
48) Killerman (ForwardArrow)​
49) Gatstaf Shepherd (FrozenRoy)​
50) Willy Wonka (BKupa666)​

Raw Top 50

Congratulations to ForwardArrow for winning Make Your Move 13!

Opening Day for Make Your Move 14 should be March 29th!

Katapultar

Smash Lord
This was a surprisingly satisfying Top 50, in regards to my own placings and that of others. I don't even care that Xehanort and Mistelteinn didn't place and Madolche did (which must say something when I had fun with it), because I have exactly 10 out of 50 sets that have placed instead of 11. I like things even. It's why I chose to end this contest and my reign as a leader with 50 sets. Was actually expecting Putata and Atmey to place 5 spots lower, though I'm quite happy with their placings when they had to compete with a slew of popular sets that formed a wide gap between themselves and the 20-50th placers.

I may not have been Jarad's biggest fan, and really didn't expect him to win over Kong, but I'd say it worked out amazingly well; FA finally a won a contest, the one he OP'd, and with the set considered the pinnacle of all his works, followed up by a second-placing. Kupa's prediction was spot-on, and I'm very glad I VW'd the set. This marks the first American character to ever win a contest, because all the ones before have been Japanese. Also, someone finally toppled Smady's 2-win streak.

ATJ's placing was somewhat unexpected, yet also equally fitting. It's the pinnacle of his works, his final one, spanned out throughout the contest.

I don't have much else to say, but I'm looking forward to the next contest where I can begin anew, and a Character Select Screen.

Terra-Xehanort

Smash Rookie
So...er...if I wanted to participate, should I wait for MYM 14? Also, is there anywhere that's a kind of guide for making a character?
Third question: If I give credit, could I try something like this on another site?

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
So...er...if I wanted to participate, should I wait for MYM 14? Also, is there anywhere that's a kind of guide for making a character?
Third question: If I give credit, could I try something like this on another site?
That would be encouraged - though I believe that some of the movesets n8 posted are being added to the MYM14 set list. If you really need to make a set now, do it, but it would be far better if you waited for the sake of professionalism. I would highly suggest finding one of JOE's handy dandy tutorials on moveset making, which have been posted a decent number of times by now. If you need more direct assistance, feel free to PM me or most other thread members and we'd be glad to offer assistance.

No one owns the idea of a Smash Bros contest, so go right ahead.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Make Your Move 14 would be what you wanna wait for to participate, yeah.

JOE made some guides. Here is his Basic Guide and his Advanced Guide. I'm afraid I do not know the answer to the third question.

n88

Smash Lord
1. Yeah, best to wait for MYM14 to start up.
2. We have several tutorials on the Bunker and in the General Moveset Thread (which is in the SSB4 Forum)!
3. I doubt anyone would have a problem with you doing something similar elsewhere. Linking back to us would be great, though!

Don't have all that much to say on the Top 50, on account of not reading a whole lot this contest (I'll try to work on that next time). Congrats to the winners, though, particularly FA and Joe for hitting the top of the list.

Terra-Xehanort

Smash Rookie
Okay then! I'm reading the guides right now.
I had seen that the winning character for MYM9 was Bowser Jr. Awesome idea by the way! Should I probably not use him?

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Okay then! I'm reading the guides right now.
I had seen that the winning character for MYM9 was Bowser Jr. Awesome idea by the way! Should I probably not use him?
You can use characters that have been made before. So if you want to make Bowser Jr, that's fine.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Plenty of characters have had multiple movesets for them. Even winners. There's no real taboo against making a moveset for the same character as someone else did unless it was very recent, and if a set was two or three contests ago it's generally considered fair game.

Speaking of avoiding mix-ups like that, Katapultar, I've actually been working my butt off for most of MYM13 on a Mami set, and wanted you to know I'm planning on posting her early next contest. I don't blame you thinking that my progress on her was dead though.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Plenty of characters have had multiple movesets for them. Even winners. There's no real taboo against making a moveset for the same character as someone else did unless it was very recent, and if a set was two or three contests ago it's generally considered fair game.

Speaking of avoiding mix-ups like that, Katapultar, I've actually been working my butt off for most of MYM13 on a Mami set, and wanted you to know I'm planning on posting her early next contest. I don't blame you thinking that my progress on her was dead though.
She wasn't much of a priority as far as my plans go, so fire away. I'm something of a Disgaean person these days.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
WHOA-OH-OH-AH-AH-AH-AAAA-FA-AH-FA-AH!

So yeah, congratulations to ForwardArrow for winning MYM13! I know you've been hungry for that win, and you did it in spectacular fashion, taking 1st and 2nd by a fairly good margin. I'm quite fond of Jarad and Lizard and with no chance of Sakuya taking this, it's about the best I could hope for.

Ace Trainer JOE! taking 3rd was surprising, but I am quite pleased with it, as JOE put a lot of effort into it and made a set that is quite good. The reward of his highest placing ever, getting ahead of even big names like Smash Daddy, has to be quite nice. Now to try for first, eh JOE?

Speaking of Smady, he got 4th (his first time getting that spot! He has all of T5 now at least once) with Cashman AND 5th with Reynolds: certainly a sweet showing for him, even if he couldn't extend his winning streak to three in a row. And despite getting 3rd and 5th in MYM12, WL missed out on the T5 there, hitting 6th and 7th. Better luck next time, pal!

Junahu returns to the Top 10 with Mike Dawson: as much as I wish it had been Sakuya instead, I don't personally care much for Dawson, I'm sure it feels good after he just missed it with 11th last time. It is too bad that Dawson's vote count was off the first time though: getting it 11th would have been great to play "eh, you missed pal!".

Skull Kid getting 9th is very pleasing. While I feel it is not as good as Alice and hope it is one day replaced with something like a Touhou set or Nox or Jade or something, Skull Kid is one of the better choices, and I do feel like it is my second best ever. So reaching the apex of 9th and bumping off Rat as my highest placing set was very pleasing. I am also quite pleased that every set I made this contest, all 8, all placed! I felt I made a contest with very few bad sets but also a lot of really good ones, so this is a pleasing placing.

Smady also managed to get 10th with Soldier, which was pleasing.

Some other congratulations are quite in order! Plorf in particular is to be applauded: Dark Meta Knight gets a very nice 16th set placing. As one of my favorite sets this contest, I am quite happy with it, especially since I thought it would be ignored and thus underplace...but instead it found a home on most votelists and shot up to a good placing. I also wish to congratulate Majora on Sawtooth and Squarewave! Their 18th place far outranks everything and considering I quite like it, even if I feel Karkat is superior, makes their placing quite pleasing with me. Hopefully we'll see some more Majora Magic in the next contests, eh? Maybe voting again?

Agi also placed quite well, taking 19th and 21st (er, 22nd) with Pharaoh Man and Rose. I was quite fond of Rose and Pharaoh Man is good, so both placings are pleasing, and it's good to see a cool guy from the past be more active again. So congrats on your placing and hopefully we'll see you around next contest too: More quality sets, maybe? Perhaps even comments or votelists?

Nick getting 11th was also excellent, even if he just missed out on T10. I do feel it was a bit overrated, but considering everything it is an excellent thing to see. I know you said you'd be gone/less active after Sandman Nick, but maybe you'll try to break into T10 again next contest?

Also congratulations on WoMF for getting 47th with Larfleeze! A low position, but placing is better than not, and your first placing is always exciting! Maybe you'll improve upon it next contest.

Shorter congrats to: Peanut for posting 2 sets and placing with them, Geto picking up two spots, Killerman snatching on at 49th (er, 48th), Princess Bubblegum for getting 25th (er, 31st) and ManlySpirit for getting on at 37th (er, 45th) with Lyndis!

TheKalmarKing

Smash Apprentice
So congratulations to everyone! I have to say, reading those movesets was really enjoyable, and I'm sure MyM 14 will be great too, if not better!

I also realized this was actually a contest thanks to Joe's tutorials. Silly me. I was already doing movesets on a french forum for fun, but it was nowhere near Trainer Joe, Mike Dawson or even Larfleeze. Perhaps is it the right time to translate it and improve it?

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
So congratulations to everyone! I have to say, reading those movesets was really enjoyable, and I'm sure MyM 14 will be great too, if not better!

I also realized this was actually a contest thanks to Joe's tutorials. Silly me. I was already doing movesets on a french forum for fun, but it was nowhere near Trainer Joe, Mike Dawson or even Larfleeze. Perhaps is it the right time to translate it and improve it?
Go for it! We'd love to see it in MYM14.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Looks like MYM14 will be a little....
SPECTACULAR

half_silver28

Smash Ace
b-b-but I'm not entirely dead D: deader than tirk I guess, but still here

Congrats on FA winning an MYM, and (hug) @DM for still making Mami

n88

Smash Lord
-Ongoing Projects-
Currently, I'm working on several long-term initiatives that will likely comprise the majority of my set output for the next few contests. Being the tease I am (and since no-one seems to be using the thread for anything else at the moment. . . ), I thought I'd drop some info about what I'm working on.

-Bet Movesets-
(MYM14)​
Remember that time I said I was going to write a bunch of movesets to try to boost mini activity? Well, that's still happening, despite my slowness. I plan to release all four sets (and that one separate one for Junahu; didn't forget you either) during MYM14, but I do have other plans I'm really excited about, so try to be patient with me.

-Symbiotes-
(MYM14-?)​

Symbiotes are some of the more controversial characters in the Marvel Universe, a product of the early nineties, a period you may or may not recognize as a crappy time for comics in general and Spider-Man in particular. Still, the concept behind the characters is a compelling one (Spider-Man-esque superpowers at the price of another, probably less than benign and certainly more than slightly manipulative, consciousness in your head, for the uninitiated), and many of these characters have been refined and used to better effect in recent years. One of my new ongoing goals is to make movesets for all the major symbiote characters, starting with Venom (Eddie Brock) in MYM14.

-Vampires-
(MYM14-MYM18)​
No, this isn't a project dedicated to vampires in general, but rather a specific group of vampires from the Buffyverse, starting with the Master and working down to the fifth and final major vampire in the line. These sets are on a more specific timeline than the "I'll post whenever I'm done" symbiotes; expect one vampire every contest through MYM18 (assuming MYM is still around and we haven't changed the numbering system or whatever).​

-???-
(MYM15)​
Stay tuned, kids.

Top Bottom