• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maine Smash Tournament 11: CogSmooch's beard is WRYYYYYYYYY!!! April 28th

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN

Date
Saturday, April 28th

148 Main st Suite 101
Biddeford, ME 04005
(207)-282-3450
maidengames@gmail.com

(Note that Mapquest seems to disagree with this location...you can just type "Maiden Games" in Place Name and find it)

This location is around 45 minutes - 1 hour south of previous Maine Smash Tournaments.

Schedule
10:00 AM: People can start showing up, setting up cubes/TVs, play friendlies, money matches, etc.
Noon: Low Tier Tournament starts
End of Low Tier: Teams Tournament Starts
End of Teams: Food Break
End of Food Break: Singles Tournament Starts

We'll try to get everything finished by 9PM, as that is the default closing time. However, the store owner has said that the person working there will stay until midnight for an additional $25, and until 3 AM for another $25 on top of that (although the 3 AM push will be unnecessary)

Entry Fees/Prize Split
There will be a $3 hosting fee unless there's a large interest in the idea explained in Food Break.
Singles Entry: $15
Teams Entry: $10 per player
Low Tier Entry: $5

Prize Split is 60/30/10 (1st place gets 60% of the pot, 2nd place gets 30%, 3rd place gets 10%)

Food Break
The store owner mentioned getting some Pizzas from Little Caesers , selling them at $1-2 per slice, and using the profit to help pay for the hosting fee. Is there any interest in this? Ohterwise, during the food break, people would go to a local fast food place or something and get food there.

Rules
- All tournaments are double-elimination, which means that after you lose your first match, you enter into a losers bracket, and play against other people who have lost. If you've lost in the losers bracket, however, you're out of the tournament. The winner of the losers bracket plays against the winner of the winners bracket in the finals. The losers bracket finalist needs to win two sets, however, as the winners bracket finalist has yet to lose a set.

- Matches are best out of 3 with advanced slob picks and dave's stupid rule (which are explained below). ALL finals games (This includes losers bracket finals, winners bracket finals, and overall finals) are best of 5.

Advanced Slob Picks:
The first game in a set is double-blind, and the stage is random (using the random stages listed in the stage selection section).

The following applies to any game in a set played after the first:
The loser of the previous game declares the stage to be used, using any stage that isn't banned. The winner of the previous game then chooses his character. Lastly, the loser of the previous game chooses his character, and the game can start.

Dave's Stupid Rule:
You cannot counterpick the last stage that you won on in the current set.

- All games are played with 4 stock, 8 minutes, and no items. Any tie that occurs is settled by comparing stocks remaining (More stocks = win). If there is a tie remaining after comparing stock, compare damage % (Less damage % = win). If a tie remains after comparing stocks and damage %, play out sudden death.

- Random Stage Striking is allowed. On the first game of the set, both players may temporarily "ban" a stage from the random list (don't actually change the options), and it cannot be played in the first game. It is still open for counterpicking.

- Pause Rule: Pause is turned off in teams, to prevent accidental pausing when stock stealing occurs.

- Stage selection:

Singles Random List: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, and Pokemon Stadium

Teams Random List: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 and Pokemon Stadium.

Stages that are only banned in Singles:: Great Bay (Termina), Mushroom Kingdom II

Stages that are only banned in Teams Only: Fountain of Dreams, Mute City

Stages banned for Singles and Teams: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Onett, and Kongo Jungle (DK Rap)

- For teams play, team attack is on, and stealing stock is allowed.

- List of characters allowed in low tiers tournament: Link, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Roy, Young Link
Pikachu, Yoshi, Zelda (no Sheik), Mr. Game and Watch, Ness, Bowser, Kirby, Pichu, and Mewtwo

- Players may have a coach that can give advice to a player for one minute in-between games. As soon as the stage is declared, the coach may not be consulted until after the game finishes.

- Glitches that freeze a character, freeze the game, or simply make the game unfinishable are banned and using them will result in losing the entire set. For example, Ice Climbers Freeze Glitch, and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner.

- Wallbombing and Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery. Wobbles Infinite is allowed. Stalling a game with any of these tactics will result in a loss of the entire set.

- Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in disqualification.

- Bring your own controller

- Refrain from using profanity, fights are to be taken outside, and just try to make the tournament enjoyable for others.

- Money Matches and friendlies: Keep in mind tournament games take priority over you. Try to get them out of the way during warmup time.

Banksya

Smash Ace
**** this is too good I will definitely be there to pwn all nubs including that noob koreanDJ, i know hes scurred of me. mm mothafukckka

Skler

Smash Master
New sig, and this tourny was supposed to have a special name for a special day. That's right, it should be called MST11: Saturday!

Cort

Apple Head
>_> I'm not famous or good.

I already said, I'd love to go. It's just getting a ride that is willing to drive all the way up there is going to be really ****ing hard.

Cort

Apple Head
I was really confused what m2k was talking about until I scrolled up.

And now I'm really sad Dazwa never showed me that in an America Online Instant Message.

:(

edit// But I still love Maine. <3

And that picture is so good.

Banksya

Smash Ace
this tourney wouldn't be the same without the grizzly man. we would survive without zeb though. JK =p

p.s. Cort is famous.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
OH SNAP GRIZZLY MCBEARD IS GOING? >_>

small update: I'm probably gonna print out rulesheets for each TV like they did at Cat3, but I'll get EVERYTHING down and not missing some rules >_>

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
No. You may call me....

DAZWAKAZOOMAKAYA!

I'm still disappointed OmegaWhiteMage wouldn't let me use that at Cat3 =(

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Derek, while I vote no against it, that phrase WILL come up in the future.

How it will...well, you'll find out.

Top Bottom