• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maine Smash Tournament 10: Chu rikes trains, m i rite? March 31st

Kais

Smash Ace
Maine Smash Tournament 11: How do I played smash? April 28th

Announcements

Date

Saturday, March 31st

Times

Arrival for those with TVs: 11:00 am

Start time: 12:00 pm

End: 9:00 pm - 10:00 pm

The Burn's Residence
18 Merrill Road
Falmouth, ME

Tournaments

Singles: $15
Teams: $5/entrant
Low tier: $5

Crews?

Prize split for all tournaments is 60/30/10

Rules and guidelines Applies to both singles and teams

-Double elimination

-Games are best out of 3 with advanced slob picks and dave's stupid rule. ALL semi-final and final games(This includes loser bracket semis, loser bracket finals, winner bracket semi, winner bracket finals, and overall finals) are 3/5. Overall finals are 3/5, and the person/team coming up from the loser bracket has to win two sets because the person/team from the winners bracket has yet to lose a set.

Advanced Slob Picks:
First game is double-blind, random stage (using the 6 random stages). Second game, loser(s) declares stage (which includes any non-banned stage), winner(s) picks their character, loser(s) picks their character. You can pick the same character twice, three times, whatever, in a row.

Dave's Stupid Rule:
You cannot counterpick the last stage that you won on in the current set.

-4 stock/8 minute/no items format. Any ties that occur when time is finished are settled by stock/%. If there is STILL a tie, sudden death occurs.

-Stage striking is allowed, at the start of a set, both players may temporarily ban a stage from the list of playable stages. This, of course, only applies to that set.

-Pause Rule: Pause is left on, in case something comes up where players need to quit the current game. But pausing during a match without reason to will result in a warning, and if the problem persists a game loss. Then a match loss. Then a drop from the tournament.

-Stage selection is as follows

Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium,

Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

Cat3, stop messing with my head...

Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay, Mushroom Kingdom 2

Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams, Mute City

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Onett, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, and Kongo Jungle

Rules (Team specific)

-Team attack is on

-Life Stealing allowed, but please wait until the announcer has declared you're eliminated, or for the camera shift to focus on the remaining players, so you won't pause the game.

- Seating: Each team gets two seats on one side, so that each team will be seated next to their partner and each team will have an equal view of the screen.

Rules and guidelines Other

-Players may have a coach that can give advice to a player for one minute in-between games. As soon as the stage is declared, the coach may not be consulted until after the game finishes.

-Glitches that freeze a character, freeze the game, or simply make the game unfinishable are banned and using them will result in losing the entire set.

-Wallbombing and Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery. Stalling a game out will result in a loss of the entire set.

-Bring your own controller

-Refrain from using profanity, fights are to be taken outside, and just try to make the tournament enjoyable for others.

-Money matches and friendly games: If TVs are open, feel free to. However, if a TV is needed, you need to exit the game. Turn the pause on before you start your game and turn it off when it's over. It is also suggested you get money matches and friendlies out of the way during warmup time, if possible.

Pine

Smash Ace
i want asap but not too asap cuz i needa take work off...how about like the last saturday of this month... the 31st? or the 24th...i cant any earlier.... i like the 31st

e-roc

Smash Rookie
hey! my crew and i (there should be 5 of us) really want to attend the next maine tourny...we're from southeast NH.

we suggest March 17th as the date of the tournament, and can't make the 24th or 31st of march.

Skler

Smash Master
As long as there's time to take the day off from work I can go.

Time to take the day off being 2 weeks in advance.

Ginger ale why might you not be able to go if it's early may? Next month is April anyways.

Banksya

Smash Ace
well cant do 17th, so 24th or 31st

i just remembered that vesticle was on the 7th of april, meaning it would be better if mst was the 24th of march, for a week in between.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I probably can't do anything until April at least.

When do you guys have Spring Break?

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
24th I think is best.

There's another tournament on the 31st in CT that I wanna go to. It's the second rendition of the first one I ever attended.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
The only problem with the 24th is that we'd have to rely for Kais to get a solid location for two weeks from now...and the locations he gotten the past couple of MSTs were all changed at the last minute, yet chosen a month in advance.

The only solid location I can come up with is J and R, and even though it's practically my second home, I'd agree that the venue is subpar for being cramped and the drainy pipes (although I find it funny none of you set up the TVs to counteract the pipes...like not at the pipes at all? >_>)

hmm...

EDIT: Ken, I'd also like to hear the reasoning behind changing the title to say "sanchez" instead of what it previously said >_>

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
if its not in the summer, i can't make it. expect very little ct showing, if at all.
Trust me there's an MST pretty much every month or at least every other month. So you won't be missing out if you miss one in March.

I'll give Windham High School a call on Monday, see if there is any availability. Then I'll relay any information I get to you guys.

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
I can't recall the last time we've had CT players show up in the first place. It's been NH/MA/ME and then a couple RIers here and there.
This is the reason a southern ME venue might attract more people. Come on NSG, find something in York or Berwick. :mad:

Skler

Smash Master
Lolmaine. I say we move it to NH because NH = center of the smash bros universe. Seriously, what state produces more good players?

That's right, all of them.

IronChief

Smash Journeyman
Ok here the deal I CANT hold it here march 24 but, I can have it on the 31 here.

OR

We can have it April 21 which is during april vacation for me so, if people want to find a different location or work with one of these two dates thats fine by me.

~Iron Chief

Dark_Cloud

Smash Apprentice
31st = Tourny in CT
April 21st = Anime boston

Looks like I'm screwed.

Then again.. if its on the 31st, I'd probably just end up going to this (or wherever the person who is driving me wants to go >>)

Banksya

Smash Ace
k firstly, anime boston sounds really gai. but if you guys are going then its pointless to have mst. Perhaps it would be best to have one on the 31st, because i dont think anyone is going to CT 31st when vesticle is april 7th anyway. M I RITE? someone should check with DJ and see if 31st is good for him, because its good for me and should be for everyone esle unless theres something im missing...

p.s. **** anime lolz

Skler

Smash Master
Let's all think, what's more important. Skler's birthday AND mst10 or anime boston?

Maybe we can do it all at once, call it MST10: Anime boston while holding it on April 21st so they get to celebrate all 3 of these things at the same time.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
If it's at April 21st, i can't make it. But I can try the 31st, but we'll see what happens in the future.

Top Bottom