• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi vs ICs

livelovenintendo

Smash Cadet
I was practicing combos on the ice climbers and just noticed how different it is, being that it's two characters against luigi, so with that said, what are some tips for luigi against the climbers?

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
I don't have much experience with the matchup, or really in Melee at all, but for some reason I recall that dsmash is really good at separating them. I don't know what you'd do once you separate them, whether you go for Popo or Nana, but a good wavedash in dsmash should do a pretty good job separating the two.

Vist

Smash Champion
Just to add a few things:

- Separate Ice Climbers as much as possible
- As Dapplegonger said, dsmash works well to separate them. Quick throws can work pretty well too.
- Once separated, go after Nana. Try to kill her as quickly as possible but be careful not to over-extend yourself and get hit by popo while you're offstage or something.
- If you get grabbed, mash out like a madman ASAP. A lot of times the Ice Climbers need a split second to actually sync up in the way they need to pull off certain grab combos / wobbles.
- Ice Climbers can camp you pretty effectively when you don't have platforms to work with, so you may want to ban / strike FD.

Top Bottom