• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

luigi vs ganon

Dot_Com0019

Smash Rookie
I am a luigi main from Canada and I have a decent amount of experience with most of the matchups but I was wondering if anyone has any tips on the ganon MU.

Yann J.Ridin

Smash Apprentice
Switzerland, La Suisse, Pays de Neuchâtel
I guess there was already some discussion about this matchup on this Forum. I let you search.

Basically, never attack until he didn't use his double jump (so bait him to make him burn his DJ). Use your great ground mobility to go under him and attack with UpSmash/Uptilt or SH Upair/Fair. I recommend large stage. Ban Yoshi in anycase because you will die at 60%.

To combo, Uptilt/Upair/Bair are good. But remember that you benefit a lot more on edgeguard situation than combo game.

Quiet never try to trade/challenge him in the air (It s a common things to do with Luigi against other character but not against Ganon). Same for Crouching.

DI his Dthrow in, so you will be hit by his Bair rather than is Fair.

Be super patient for Edgeguard, step by step, hit by hit, even if you have to bair him 10 times and reach 160%. Bair is the safer but at low percent you have to Fair him to keep edgeguarding. My method is to stay near the ledge and jump as high as his potential UpB. So you will make a big vertical wall, and if he try to pass it, you bair him. If he want to pass below, you should have the timing to fall with him in the same timing.

Some basics stuff, I'm not very common in the matchup. Hope you'll have some insights with this.

Top Bottom