• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Video against Japn. Smasher (criticism and tips please)

jdmelody

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys.

After getting some time to practice with Luigi in training mode and 20XX I finally got to play against a Fox. This Fox's name is Ichigo-ore, which means "Strawberry-me" in Japanese...I don't really get it either lol.

There is like 40 minutes of film here and I am by no means asking you to watch it all. Any type of advice or criticism you have to offer is greatly appreciated.

He isn't that good, so it's not the best example, but I did a couple of things I have been practicing like the fox chain grab. I would watch:

Also, I'm really sorry, but I recorded it with FaceBook open...Please ignore the sounds T-T Also, I apologize for the bad quality, not sure what happened.

Game 3: 6:47
Game 5: 10:05
Game 6: 14:47 (funny last kill)
Game 8: 18:25
Last Game: 30:42 (silly game)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzkGMfDJwoM&feature=youtu.be

Any advice is appreciated!

Last edited:

BestFriendJohn

Smash Rookie
Definitely abuse it when a player doesnt know how to DI behind luigi's attacks. You don't always have to grab the ledge to edgeguard fox. You seem to jump a lot (no one can WD all the time and not jump) but other times seem on purpose. It definitely gives fox an advantage in positioning since luigi floats for days. Definitely applaud your use of down b to come back down and catching the fox off guard. It looks like you tend to favor up smash a lot, I'd suggest an uptilt every once and a while since it stays out longer. Also if you want to stall on the rock formation and you're below 100%, you can do a get up attack and fast fall to regrab the ledge as soon as you see luigi feet come up.

Top Bottom