• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Solo Practice Routine

-Wheat-

Smash Rookie
Inspired by this Marth training video. Cliffs:
Set the game timer to 2-4 minutes. You'll be doing 8 reps:
1. Beat up level 1 Ganondorf (handwarmer)
2. Practice SHFFLing on handicapped Bowser
3. Practice Marth's ground movement
4. Practice OOS options (all of them)
5. Chaingrab Fox on FD
6. Chaingrab Falco on FD
7. Practice ALL ledge options getting on and off of the ledge
8. Practice using dtilit's IASA frames (move, jump, certain attacks)

Does anyone have (or have suggestions for) a Luigi based practice routine?
Do you think the Luigi Trials video is a good base routine?

Yann J.Ridin

Smash Apprentice
Switzerland, La Suisse, Pays de Neuchâtel
Really groovy vid nice!

About SHFFLing, I'm training SH dair to FF nair (it's a late nair, it hits like only 2 frames before touch the ground). I guess it's a good mixup for shield pressure with classique Dair to early Nair or Dair to late Nair without fastafall.

About mouvements : try moonwalking from a WD. It just break the rythme and with a good execution you go as far as your initial WD.
Recently I'm reconsidering the stucking Upair (When you come from under a plateform and you land on the plateform with a well timed upair), it' s one frame window but i guess it saves you like 10 frames (Edit: it's save only 4 frames ) than a Waveland because the Upair have less landing and you can land when you are at the same level of the plateforme. You don't have to be above it to waveland on it.

I'm trying integrate turn around uptilt when i'm facing my oppenent. because the uptilt hits at frame 4 in the back of luigi and between 6-9 (depending the spacing) in front of him. So it's the quickiest move after jabs.

And still pivoting of course

Last edited:

Jelson

Smash Cadet
We need a term for the above mentioned platform trick. I vote for perfect platform canceling. And from what I've been able to find Bair and Hair can all hit opponents on the platform.

Another thing to add to OP's list would be Cyclone mashing. I usually go on Dreamland and FD to do this. Fast fall off one of the ledges until the very moment you enter your hoop; if you saved your jump then good mashing, a double jump, and a super jump should let you grab the ledge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom