• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi main vs Marth matchup help

jjslid3r

Smash Rookie
I'm a Luigi main, and in my area there aren't too many Marths except one good one. I'll be playing him pretty soon, so any good tips on the matchup?

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
OK so you should know one thing Marth wins these match up but if you want to win I suggest try to combo Marth with throws and watch out for marths ledge game tipper and spike

Yann J.Ridin

Smash Apprentice
Switzerland, La Suisse, Pays de Neuchâtel
http://smashboards.com/guides/everywhere-at-once.336/
BluEG said, it's basically how to beat marth.

Other stuff:
-To counter SH aerial go WD Uptilt under them
-To counter Dtilt, go WD crouch Dsmash OR WD shield grab
-To combo, Uptilt to Upair (Trap survival DI) to Fair/Dair
-From Grab just Dthrow/Upthrow to aerial if they bad DI. Fthrow to WD Ftilt could be a thing.
-To edgeguard, Grab the ledge just befor they could reach it. Wait that all your frame of intangibility end, then react:
1)Marth is too low to get on stage = Roll
2) He's really near to you = drop Bair (do it most of time when you are still intangible)
3) between the two= (I dont have real answer for now but: ) Drop ledge, DJ Dair and regrab de ledge OR regular stand up from ledge to Ftilit/Crouch Ftilt/WD back to the ledge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom