• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Dash Attack

livelovenintendo

Smash Cadet
Luigi's dash attack. I find it to be not very good. Whenever I use it, it just seems highly punishable. Are there some good times to use it? What are some opinions on it?

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
I'm not that great, but I've found that using at the edge is probably the least punishable. I've used it a couple of times: if you push them off the edge with it, they can't punish very easily. I have seen some of the bigger Luigi players use it, but those might be mistake f-smashes.

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
At the edge is safe, you push them off, then you can FF chop usually. <---pretty much the only legit use

Other than that, most people don't know how to punish it, so you can combo it into Up-B or buffer spot dodge and they usually whiff. Typically I accidentally do it while Dash-dancing into WD forward tilts or when attempting to pivot-ftilt. (God damn it's so hard >.<)

Literally all they have to do is grab / shield grab...but most players don't know that lol. Act accordingly if they know the matchup.

Last edited:
Top Bottom