• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Introductions: Hi everyone I'm Locuan! I like math too much.

I am having an incredibly hard time adapting to the "do not air dodge toward the stage" thing. Being used to wavelanding in Melee in crippling me badly.

Anyways, quick question, can Lucina's fair clash with Link's full charged arrow?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Introductions: Hi everyone I'm Locuan! I like math too much.

I am having an incredibly hard time adapting to the "do not air dodge toward the stage" thing. Being used to wavelanding in Melee in crippling me badly.

Anyways, quick question, can Lucina's fair clash with Link's full charged arrow?
I think so.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I think so.
This is something to test then.
Current scenario I am facing:

I am sent upwards, be it from a USmash from Link etc. If the distance where you would end up being in on the stage after coming down is a bit further than the Link is able to cover, he charges the Arrow. Now air dodging into the stage means the arrow will hit. Doing nothing means the arrow will hit. Now a move be it Fair, Dair, etc. could potentially clash and make it a safe recovery.

I know the jab clashes with both the arrow and boomerang just as Marth's jab clashed with it in Melee.

Ninja Edit: So I got to test it now. It does work. It's hard to do though D:

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Found this on Tumblr:

On Super Smash Bros, Lucina has the Mark of Naga on her cape. This is true for all the alternate appearances except for two. The one modeled after Tharja’s color scheme was easy to see; it’s three Grima eyes, the same pattern on the tactician robe’s sleeves.

The one modeled after Tiki’s color scheme was a lot harder to figure out. If you pause the game on Smash Bros, you can’t zoom in far enough to see what it is. However, if you beat All-Star mode with Lucina, you get a Lucina trophy with the Tiki color scheme.

With that you can zoom in far enough to see that the pattern on her cape is actually two Nagas! It’s the signature Naga icon that appears on many official Fire Emblem collectables, like my Fire Emblem 3DS for example.

The only difference is it doesn’t contain the Falchion icon in the middle or the Grima icon on the right, but rather the same Naga reflected over a vertical line forming a bit of a heart shape.

Praise Naga!

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Found this on Tumblr:

On Super Smash Bros, Lucina has the Mark of Naga on her cape. This is true for all the alternate appearances except for two. The one modeled after Tharja’s color scheme was easy to see; it’s three Grima eyes, the same pattern on the tactician robe’s sleeves.

The one modeled after Tiki’s color scheme was a lot harder to figure out. If you pause the game on Smash Bros, you can’t zoom in far enough to see what it is. However, if you beat All-Star mode with Lucina, you get a Lucina trophy with the Tiki color scheme.

With that you can zoom in far enough to see that the pattern on her cape is actually two Nagas! It’s the signature Naga icon that appears on many official Fire Emblem collectables, like my Fire Emblem 3DS for example.

The only difference is it doesn’t contain the Falchion icon in the middle or the Grima icon on the right, but rather the same Naga reflected over a vertical line forming a bit of a heart shape.

Praise Naga!
That is fantastic. That's so much effort put into such a minor detail and I love it. It's great how the two outfits based off characters that some people wanted for Smash Bros have something special on them. Tharja is probably (hopefully) mostly a joke, but Tiki is important to the series.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
That is fantastic. That's so much effort put into such a minor detail and I love it. It's great how the two outfits based off characters that some people wanted for Smash Bros have something special on them. Tharja is probably (hopefully) mostly a joke, but Tiki is important to the series.
As I am sure you all probably know, apparently Lucina's model even as the Brand of the Exalt in her left eye, even though you can't see it during gameplay.

The Tharja one makes sense, since Tharja was from Plegia, remember. Dark Mages tend to have the symbols of Grima's eyes on their Robes (for example, Henry very obviously has them on the collar of his cloak). Its actually a nice bit of forshadowing on Robin come to think of it, with his coat being obviously Plegian in design.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
As I am sure you all probably know, apparently Lucina's model even as the Brand of the Exalt in her left eye, even though you can't see it during gameplay.
It does. I check when I knocked her into the screen while unlocking her. Splat.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Found this on Tumblr:

Praise Naga!
First the Brand and now exotic cape designs?

How much extra effort did Sakurai put in her?

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Well if its any condolence, Critical Hit is probably still the most awesome FS in the game. So having it on both Marth and Lucina is kinda nice. But a cut-in would be preferred. I mean, she even says her cut-in quote, and Robin has one with Chrom, so why not?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Well if its any condolence, Critical Hit is probably still the most awesome FS in the game. So having it on both Marth and Lucina is kinda nice. But a cut-in would be preferred. I mean, she even says her cut-in quote, and Robin has one with Chrom, so why not?
No clue.
Anyways, I need some fluff soon. I'm feeling like crap today.
This is something to test then.
Current scenario I am facing:

I am sent upwards, be it from a USmash from Link etc. If the distance where you would end up being in on the stage after coming down is a bit further than the Link is able to cover, he charges the Arrow. Now air dodging into the stage means the arrow will hit. Doing nothing means the arrow will hit. Now a move be it Fair, Dair, etc. could potentially clash and make it a safe recovery.

I know the jab clashes with both the arrow and boomerang just as Marth's jab clashed with it in Melee.

Ninja Edit: So I got to test it now. It does work. It's hard to do though D:
Nice to know that it still works.

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Lucina and Marth do not fight alike.

Lucina's Falchion both looks different from Marth, and her fighting style is entirely distinct from his. The fact that they are the same sword is, frankly, more than a little absurd.

Lucina was taught how to fight by her father and their fighting styles are canonically stated to be similar. Yet Lucina is a Marth clone but her blue-haired father somehow isn't.

Right.

Chrom and Lucina's outfits are both very different from Marth in Shadow Dragon, which is what Smash 4 Marth's appearance is based on. Lucina is no more of a clone than Ike or Chrom, and would have no trouble being a unique character.

FFS, this is the Lucina support thread, not the 'defeatist attitude and fallacious arguments with regards to Lucina' thread.
This now depresses me.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Yes, but in a manner that made me quit Smashboards. After I saw her gameplay and the nerf to Ike's fair, I basically decided not to get Smash 4.

Well, you all should have fun with Lucina, I know the initial reaction to her viability is pessimistic but she's actually really good. Just remember to grab ledge even though it no longer edgehogs and use {ledge-drop -> [Optional Double Jump] -> Back air} a lot, it's a great way to net edgeguards. If all the stuff about it being harder to secure KOs is true, unnecessary range nerf or not, Marth and Lucina can still get low-percent kills when played well.

Lol, now I remember when the Marth speculation boards thought his range was restored to the full Melee range. Lol.

It's cool though, the FE characters should have bitty swords while Shulk can space you out from across 1/3 of Battlefield. Sigh.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Yes, but in a manner that made me quit Smashboards. After I saw her gameplay and the nerf to Ike's fair, I basically decided not to get Smash 4.

Well, you all should have fun with Lucina, I know the initial reaction to her viability is pessimistic but she's actually really good. Just remember to grab ledge even though it no longer edgehogs and use {ledge-drop -> [Optional Double Jump] -> Back air} a lot, it's a great way to net edgeguards. If all the stuff about it being harder to secure KOs is true, unnecessary range nerf or not, Marth and Lucina can still get low-percent kills when played well.

Lol, now I remember when the Marth speculation boards thought his range was restored to the full Melee range. Lol.

It's cool though, the FE characters should have bitty swords while Shulk can space you out from across 1/3 of Battlefield. Sigh.
You're not going to be coming back?

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
You're not going to be coming back?
I'm here now, aren't I? :p

I'll be around. Nowhere near my previous level of activity, but it's nice to see the metagame develop. I'm probably gone after PM 3.5 comes out though.

Also while I am personally deeply grieved by Lucina's clone status it is nice to see what she can do in this game. The way Lucina is played is very reminiscent of how I play my (low-level) Melee Marth, except without a sourspot on the middle of forward smash. I have some very predictable friends I will enjoy decimating once one of them gets the game.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'm here now, aren't I? :p

I'll be around. Nowhere near my previous level of activity, but it's nice to see the metagame develop. I'm probably gone after PM 3.5 comes out though.

Also while I am personally deeply grieved by Lucina's clone status it is nice to see what she can do in this game. The way Lucina is played is very reminiscent of how I play my (low-level) Melee Marth, except without a sourspot on the middle of forward smash. I have some very predictable friends I will enjoy decimating once one of them gets the game.
Well, it'll be nice having you around until then.
@ TheWerdna TheWerdna You find any fluffy pics recently?

Last edited:

KentaKurodani

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KentaKurodani
3DS FC
5370-0467-0413
I quite enjoy her, though I will admit a certain yellow pizza has been impressing me quite a bit recently. I have work today, so when I'm not making subs I'll work on my Lucina

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Found an adorable picture.

I really wish Chrom had supports with Morgan if she was his granddaughter.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I find myself playing as Lucina more so than Marth despite their similarities. In fact, I've found myself playing clones like Dark Pit and Dr. Mario over the OG characters (Dr. Mario is iffy, since I'm still playing as Mario more so than him).

Playing as Lucina is great; I don't have to worry so much about tipping people so I can get in as close as I want. It be a little better though if she had more than just a smaller hitbox and equal damage. If she appears in the next game (which I hope), they should make her moveset more unique. But hey, I'm still going to play as her anyway.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Greetings one and all! By the gracious request of Robertman2, I've decided to join in this lovely conversation about Lucina! <3 But to be perfectly honest, it's not like it was a difficult decision given how much I LOVE Lucina and everything about her lol :p Although for some reason I had no idea this thread existed which is a bit strange on my part. Oh well, I'm here now and ready to join in the conversation in regards to all things Lucina!

My first introduction to Fire Emblem: Awakening was also my first introduction to the Fire Emblem series in general. I had heard of it through Smash Bros. and other sources of course but I had never really given the games much attention for some reason or another. Perhaps it was because of they're infamy for being difficult that drove me away and given how I've never played a SRPG before, I wasn't sure I wanted to. However, after hearing glowing reviews, articles and even a trailer about Fire Emblem: Awakening, my interest piqued and I plunged into the world of Fire Emblem: Awakening after hearing of the demo. I instantly fell in love with this game! Never had I been so obsessed or addicted over a demo. It was truly love at first sight! <3

When the full game came out, I instantly downloaded it at midnight in eager anticipation the day it came out. I spent SO many hours playing the game, getting deeply involved with the characters, story, the beautiful musical arrangements, the anime inspired art style, the quirky humour and well written dialogue, along with the deep and engaging gameplay. I've spent over 500 hours playing Fire Emblem: Awakening, my most played game to date and more than likely my favourite game of all time, which is saying a lot given how many video games I've played and enjoyed.

My first marriage or pairing in the game was with Lucina. Out of all the woman that you could choose to marry in the game, she had the most complexity, had gone through the greatest of hardships and had been refined by them as such. She came across as a strong, independent and incredibly beautiful woman, even without showing any noticeable skin like many other of the woman in the game. As a guy, I'm deeply attracted to woman of Lucina's description and from the moment she revealed herself as a woman, I knew I wanted to marry her in the game. If that wasn't enough for me to love her, during the scene when she revealed her true self to Chrom, I wept like a baby seeing her cry so openly after holding back all her feelings. In many ways I could relate myself given the many hardships I too have been in my life, although not as drastic as Lucina's of course. And when Lucina pointed a sword at me after chapter 21 and I was given the choice to surrender my life or say no, I instantly choose to surrender my life for her and Chrom. That was another moment that made me cry given how hard it was for Lucina to feel she had no choice but to kill the husband she loved for the father she loved and cared for. It was a deeply emotional and gut wrenching experience but it again solidified why I loved Lucina as a character.

And after seeing her revealed officially for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS alongside Robin, I couldn't believe my eyes! Two of my most requested characters had become officially playable characters in the game and after playing with them extensively in the full game, they've become my mains and I'm really enjoying they're play style, even if Lucina is a clone of Marth. That honestly never bothered me as I never used Marth in Brawl or Melee unless I had to so her move set seemed fresh because of that. And her alternate skins are PERFECT! I love the choice they made for her costumes and you could tell that Sakurai really loved Fire Emblem: Awakening enough to make her costume colours similar to that of other FE:A characters.

Anyways, sorry for the long introduction but I felt the need to express my story as to why I am here. I'm looking forward to meeting all you fine people and joining in the wondrous conversation about Lucina. I hope I can actively participate in this thread and thank you all to those who read this rather lengthy introduction. ^_^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom