• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Can Ken Combo! Chars. She Can Do It To! Percents! Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
Originally I posted this on the moveset analysis thread, but I decide to make a thread here to stop updating there (too many posts and stuff) SO basically I will be updating this with Chars. that Lucina can Ken Combo. I discovered these recently, so some may need some tweaking. It state this below, but I better say it up here too; this is not done, and is still being updated. Now that I have found out who all she can Ken Combo I plan to list percents at which she can Ken Combo the chars. Before we continue let me note something: THIS IS NOT A TRUE COMBO, they can airdodge and stuff. There might be a certain char. at a certain percent where it is a true combo, but if that is so it has not been found yet. Well without further adieu here we go:

Lucina CAN Ken Combo:

-Donkey Kong :4dk: (51%-74%)

-Bowser (70-95%) :4bowser:
-Lucina :4lucina: (43%-64%)
-Shulk :4shulk: (18%-58%) (heard that his properties change with his abilities, but I got this with what he comes out with at the beginning of the match)

-Wario :4wario: (51%-64%)
-Luigi :4luigi: (36%-60%)
-Peach:4peach: (33%-54%)
-Rosalina :rosalina: (47%-57%)
-Bowser Junior :4bowserjr: (46%-61%)
-Mr. Game & Watch :4gaw: (32%-53%)

-Diddy Kong :4diddy: (48%-58%)
-Zelda :4zelda: (34%-57%)
-Sheik :4sheik: (41%-
-Ganondorf :4ganondorf:

-Toon Link :4tlink:
-Samus:4samus:
-Zero Suit Samus
:4zss:
-Pit :4pit:
-Palutena :4palutena:
-Marth :4marth:(38%-63%) (TAKE THAT YOU MARTH > LUCINA BELIEVERS!!!)
-Ike :4myfriends: (47%-67%)
-Mario :4mario: (33%-67&)
-Link :4link: (49%-67%)
-Robin :4robinm::4robinf: (The scales certainly HAVE been tipped haven't they ;) )
-Kirby :4kirby: (Can recover back to the stage though)
-King DeDeDe :4dedede: (Nearly impossible to Ken Combo, like I now hate this guy because he is so hard to Ken Combo, and even if you get it he can recover back to the stage)
-Meta Knight :4metaknight: (We not broken now ;) )
-Little Mac :4littlemac:
-Fox :4fox:
-Falco :4falco:
-Pikachu :4pikachu: (Can use up b to get back from being spiked)
-Charizard :4charizard: (Can use up b to get back from being spiked)
-Lucario :4lucario: (Can use up b to get back from being spiked)
-Jigglypuff? :4jigglypuff: (Same as Diddy, not 100% sure if she is still in hitstun when the dair comes out)
-Greninja :4greninja: (Can use up b to get back from being spiked)
-Duck Hunt Dog :4duckhunt:
-Rob :4rob: (Can use up b to get back from being spiked)
-Ness :4ness: (Can use up b to get back from being spiked, also, doing another downair while he is recovering is sexy)
-Villager :4villager: (Can use up b to get back from the ledge but it is super easy to just fair edgeguard him)
-Olimar :4olimar:
-Sonic :4sonic: (Can use up b to get back from being spiked)

Lucina MIGHT Not Be Able to Ken Combo:

-Captain Falcon :4falcon:
-Yoshi :4yoshi: (You can do the Ken Combo, but he seems to be able to double jump armor it RIGHT before the dair spike hitbox comes out)

Special Thanks:

Myself (MLSword)
MaximalGFX (For telling me a new setup for a Ken Combo that made my life so much easier)
Icyie (For telling a setup that can possibly allow for the Ken Combo to be of more use in battle)

I will be continuing to update this and I am so happy to contribute something to my favorite character in all of Smash bros!! (Be sure to check out the Lucina Moveset Data & Analysis Thread here: http://smashboards.com/threads/lucina-moveset-data-analysis-thread.367457/ ) PLEASE REMEMBER THAT AS OF RIGHT NOW THIS THREAD IS STILL BEING UPDATED, there will probably be more chars. that she can Ken Combo and some that she can't, PLEASE DO NOT POST SAYING "Dude you didn't list even half of the chars." Or anything like that. If you can prove any of my info wrong please tell me and I will test it and fix it if it is correct. If you help contribute to this, I will put you under the Special Thanks section. Basically, do get into the Special Thanks, either: Correct me on something (which I am sure will happen), give me setups for Ken Combo's, or give me percents for when a char. can be Ken Combo'ed. Thanks for reading this and together we will make Lucina Top Tier!!!

This is a video made by MaximalGFX showing Lucina Ken Combo Ganondorf, lets all thank him for it!:

Last edited:

Da_Silver98

Smash Rookie
NNID
leafsfan98
3DS FC
3437-3194-6404
Was really thinking of maining Lucina, this might make it official, thanks

Dr. Snakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueDaBeast
3DS FC
4511-1428-9509
Would it be possible to get some videos of the Ken Combos in action? I've been trying to pull it off, but I haven't been able to do so.

MaximalGFX

Smash Apprentice
What's your set up for doing the ken combo? The only good one I found if Uair > Fair > Dair. But there is no way any human would let me Uair them from the ground..

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
Would it be possible to get some videos of the Ken Combos in action? I've been trying to pull it off, but I haven't been able to do so.
I can record it, but it won't be on a 260$ Capture Card. I will have to use a camera if you want me to do so.

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
What's your set up for doing the ken combo? The only good one I found if Uair > Fair > Dair. But there is no way any human would let me Uair them from the ground..
Try fast falling after the fair. Like this input that am pretty sure that I do is : :GCY:-->:GCR::GCA:-->:GCD:-->:GCY:-->:GCD::GCA:

EDIT: And you would be surprised about the upair thing, sometimes you can catch them out of shield with it, or punish a whiffed attack.

EDIT #2 OMG You just made my life so much easier, did not know uair can lead into the Ken Combo, you sir just earned yourself a spot on the Special Thanks, thanks for making my life so much easier!! :D

Last edited:

MaximalGFX

Smash Apprentice
Try fast falling after the fair. Like this input that am pretty sure that I do is : :GCY:-->:GCR::GCA:-->:GCD:-->:GCY:-->:GCD::GCA:

EDIT: And you would be surprised about the upair thing, sometimes you can catch them out of shield with it, or punish a whiffed attack.
Alright thank you for the fast respond.

I am currently in training mode VS Donkey Kong at 50% (and myself too.. not sure if this matter with the new rage mechanic) and I am having a lot more luck with :GCY: > :GCU::GCA: > :GCD: > :GCY: > :GCR::GCA: > :GCY: (in the air) > :GCD::GCA:. It also looks way cooler :p

With your set up Donkey Kong Up B in my face before I can pull the Dair most of the time... Need to test with more characters though.

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
Alright thank you for the fast respond.

I am currently in training mode VS Donkey Kong at 50% (and myself too.. not sure if this matter with the new rage mechanic) and I am having a lot more luck with :GCY: > :GCU::GCA: > :GCD: > :GCY: > :GCR::GCA: > :GCY: (in the air) > :GCD::GCA:. It also looks way cooler :p

With your set up Donkey Kong Up B in my face before I can pull the Dair most of the time... Need to test with more characters though.
Yeah, the setup is a REALLY hard to do and get consistent, IDK if it helps you or not, but after reading this I retested DK and did my combo in the first 5 seconds :p try 56 %

MaximalGFX

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, the setup is a REALLY hard to do and get consistent, IDK if it helps you or not, but after reading this I retested DK and did my combo in the first 5 seconds :p try 56 %
Haha that 6% kinda helped, but yeah still kinda hard to pull of consistently. There most be a better set up out there... I must find it!

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
Haha that 6% kinda helped, but yeah still kinda hard to pull of consistently. There most be a better set up out there... I must find it!
I have gotten a little better at it (but then again I have been doing it for around 5 hours of just straight Fair To Dairs)#nolife I can Ken Combo about 50-60% of the time with my method, and your method around 70%-80% If you find a new setup make sure to tell me, though you are already in the Special Thanks due to you telling me that MUCH easier setup making the testing MUCH quicker!

MaximalGFX

Smash Apprentice
I have gotten a little better at it (but then again I have been doing it for around 5 hours of just straight Fair To Dairs)#nolife I can Ken Combo about 50-60% of the time with my method, and your method around 70%-80% If you find a new setup make sure to tell me, though you are already in the Special Thanks due to you telling me that MUCH easier setup making the testing MUCH quicker!
My pleasure to help :D

MaximalGFX

Smash Apprentice
For you guys that wanted to see it in action. I made a video of me pulling of the Ken combo on a lvl3 CPU.

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
For you guys that wanted to see it in action. I made a video of me pulling of the Ken combo on a lvl3 CPU.

Thanks so much man :D I will post the video in the main article above if that is alright with you. Also subbed to your youtube ;)

EDIT: Also IDK if it should be or not, but if any mods want to sticky this, it might be a huge part of Lucina's early (or even later on) meta game.

Last edited:

MaximalGFX

Smash Apprentice
Thanks so much man :D I will post the video in the main article above if that is alright with you. Also subbed to your youtube ;)
Yeah sure no problem dude. And you might be disappointed about my youtube channel :p Nothing really interresting on there.

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
GG man, meta knight though ;) If your Lucina was a little bit less agressive, I think your Lucina would be better then mine. Also, try observing opponents patterns. That was how I beat your Lucina in our later matches was observing your habits. But still, you did really good man :D

MaximalGFX

Smash Apprentice
GG man, meta knight though ;) If your Lucina was a little bit less agressive, I think your Lucina would be better then mine. Also, try observing opponents patterns. That was how I beat your Lucina in our later matches was observing your habits. But still, you did really good man :D
Yeah.. I am way too agressive. I always go first and I just get shieldgrab, I was able to punish a couple of time with the shield breaker, but after a while you would just roll behind me and there was nothing I could do.

And I just hate meta knight lol It's not as bad as in brawl, but all his specials are so safe and his hurtbox is way too small.

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
oh my god this thread is beautiful

bless you
Thanks so much :D So happy I can contribute something to Lucina. WE SHALL PROVE THAT JAPANESE TIER LIST WRONG PLACING LUCINA AT D TIER! WE SHALL SHOW ALL MARTH MAINS WHO IS BETTER! WE ARE LUUUUCCCCIIINNNAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

lordsturm473

Smash Cadet
Does anybody know an easy way to set this up in training mode so I can practice this combo? Having lots of trouble nailing it perfectly :/ Would love to have this in my toolkit for Lucina though!

MaximalGFX

Smash Apprentice
Does anybody know an easy way to set this up in training mode so I can practice this combo? Having lots of trouble nailing it perfectly :/ Would love to have this in my toolkit for Lucina though!
Opponent need to be at around 35%-60% and :GCY: > :GCU::GCA: > :GCD: > :GCY: > :GCR::GCA: > :GCY: (in the air) > :GCD::GCA:.

This is the best way I found so far, just like in the video.

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
Opponent need to be at around 35%-60% and :GCY: > :GCU::GCA: > :GCD: > :GCY: > :GCR::GCA: > :GCY: (in the air) > :GCD::GCA:.

This is the best way I found so far, just like in the video.
Honestly, I just do an upair right before I hit the ground, but thats me :p

EDIT: Well time to put more chars. on the list :D

Last edited:

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
Well I already said this in an edited comment above, but if anyone can help get this stickied, I think Ken Comb'ing might possibly become very important for Lucina, the more I test it, the more potential I see with it. Also, I think Ken Comboing might attract a LOT more Lucina players.

MaximalGFX

Smash Apprentice
Oh we might want to call this the Ken string. People get really mad on reddit when you call it a combo... -.-

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Just tried it in Training Mode and I still can't get it.... My Lucina still needs a helluva lot more work now. But thanks for puttin this up, now I know what I gots to practice next.

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
Because your opponent is not in hitstun through the whole combo so they could airdodge or jump out of it.
Looked up the part on Reddit, and as you can obviously see, that video was indeed just a Ken String. This is the reason why I put a question mark on Diddy, becuase I think he may be able to jump out of it before it can happen. Same with Falcon. However, the chars. I put that can be Ken Comboed are chars. that I did not see any hint of being able to escape from. Like Meta Knight for instance.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Just to make sure I got it, is it:

Uair > Fast Fall > Jump, Fair > Midair jump, Dair?

Hard part for me is to launch Bowser into the air to get the Fair.

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
Just to make sure I got it, is it:

Uair > Fast Fall > Jump, Fair > Midair jump, Dair?

Hard part for me is to launch Bowser into the air to get the Fair.
Personally, I just do a falling up air (Upairing right before I hit the ground) then do a fair fastfall into dair.

D

Deleted member

I have never focused on Marth in the past, so I am unfamiliar with what makes a Ken combo...well, a Ken combo. Can you explain this further? Is there usually an aerial that starts this string of attacks or is there usually a certain way you're supposed to end the combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom