• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
It boggles my mind that this game has more Mother references than ever, but still no Lucas. I could definitely see Lucas being a DLC character
Mother and Mother 2 had very little representation last game but Mother 3 had quite a bit, seems as though that's the complete opposite this time around other than the one porky trophy I seen.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Welp..... sniff...... looks like are little buddies chances aren't looking to good thank you for this I have been trying to find proof of this for days now I'm just going to leave this here.:lucas:
Chances are high for DLC man, no Lucas trophy.

Remember during E3 people asked Reggie about Mother 3 and he REFUSED to say ANYTHING about it?
If that's not fishy I dunno what is.

I have a feeling we're looking at something the wrong way, what better way would a Mother reboot, or a Mother 3 re-release get advertised.

The answer is ADD LUCAS AS DLC WITH A COMPLETELY UNIQUE MOVESET.

People would buy a completely new character, then probably wonder what he's from.

Mother 3 gets re-released alongside with a Lucas DLC update, it would work better than just throwing Lucas in originally.
Sad to say but I think this could be why we got starved of Mother content.

I'm even hoping for a Mother TRILOGY if we get lucky enough, I mean after all, we DID see that stage with Mother 1 in it.

I at least hope we get a 3rd character (Even if it's an alt costume for Ness (Ninten)).

Mother 3 joke at E3 without ever giving us something, cutting our character, and then just leaving us without any statements is just mean. Nintendo usually isn't like that, even if they don't care for certain fanbases -cough cough Mother- but maybe they're starting to care a little?

I think once the Wii U version comes out we might see.

tl;dr Ness having Lucas's specials means nothing.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Honestly, a character having a trophy in the game means much less than Ness having Lucas' moveset as a custom. They found trophies of Mewtwo, Dixie and others in the game, I doubt that means they can't be playable anymore. Of course, I am not writing off the possibility of Lucas being released as a DLC character, but things aren't looking bright for him at the moment.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Honestly, a character having a trophy in the game means much less than Ness having Lucas' moveset as a custom. They found trophies of Mewtwo, Dixie and others in the game, I doubt that means they can't be playable anymore. Of course, I am not writing off the possibility of Lucas being released as a DLC character, but things aren't looking bright for him at the moment.
Things are looking much brighter for him now than before, and the trophy thing can be a pretty big factor if not found.
Only reason I would say the trophy thing isn't true is because Ice Climbers trophy, I mean come on, they gotta be DLC...

They've been there too long just to toss.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Things are looking much brighter for him now than before, and the trophy thing can be a pretty big factor if not found.
Only reason I would say the trophy thing isn't true is because Ice Climbers trophy, I mean come on, they gotta be DLC...

They've been there too long just to toss.
The trophy of Ice Climbers from what I can tell are indeed a new model plus Rosaluma must be harder to program than the Ice limbers I mean all Nana does is copy what Popo does and they stand side by side but with Luma he can get flung out and all this other Shenanigans. But you may be on to something with that Mother 3 argument I mean last time I checked Earthbound was in the top 5 in the Wii U charts for downloads :edit just checked, yep it's there all right sitting at number 5 :D Earthbound 2 HYPE :p I wish.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Every cut veteran has trophy except for Lucas,snake, and Roy I think.
At least give Lucas some acknowledgement.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I played and beaten Mother 3 for the first time this year, and it made me a fan of Lucas as a character.

He had a very hard life and constantly throughout the game he was put down as an outcast and a crybaby. He slowly grew up over the course of the game, and became a hero.

Lucas has become my favorite Mother protagonist, and probably one of the few Nintendo characters I actually like as a character.

Mother 3 itself is one of my favorite RPGs ever, and was a worthy follow-up to EarthBound (one of my Top 3 favorite RPGs). It is also among my Top 3 favorite GBA games.

Really such a shame Lucas was cut, and there was really no excuse for it. He basically had the same model as Ness, and was practically an unique character.

The cutting of both Lucas and Wolf made little sense. Hopefully, he has a shot at returning as DLC (ideally I want to see all the cut veterans from Melee and Brawl return).

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Every cut veteran has trophy except for Lucas,snake, and Roy I think.
At least give Lucas some acknowledgement.
Lucas and Roy are peculiar, but for Snake, he has the explanation of being a cut 3rd party character, so it wouldn't make sense to have him as a trophy, while not being involved in this installment.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
I played and beaten Mother 3 for the first time this year, and it made me a fan of Lucas as a character.

He had a very hard life and constantly throughout the game he was put down as an outcast and a crybaby. He slowly grew up over the course of the game, and became a hero.

Lucas has become my favorite Mother protagonist, and probably one of the few Nintendo characters I actually like as a character.

Mother 3 itself is one of my favorite RPGs ever, and was a worthy follow-up to EarthBound (one of my Top 3 favorite RPGs). It is also among my Top 3 favorite GBA games.

Really such a shame Lucas was cut, and there was really no excuse for it. He basically had the same model as Ness, and was practically an unique character.

The cutting of both Lucas and Wolf made little sense. Hopefully, he has a shot at returning as DLC (ideally I want to see all the cut veterans from Melee and Brawl return).
Wolf is also a really stupid cut they put the females up from 3 to over 10 and then they cut Wolf but leave3 the star wolf theme on corneria I mean what ? Mind Games I say.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Lucas and Roy are peculiar, but for Snake, he has the explanation of being a cut 3rd party character, so it wouldn't make sense to have him as a trophy, while not being involved in this installment.
I was hoping he'd get a trophy anyway. Rayman has a trophy and he's not playable either, so I was hoping for that as consolation.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I know I'm just saying that those 3 don't have a known trophy. I am hoping at least Roy and Lucas are given some acknowledgement through a trophy.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Wolf is also a really stupid cut they put the females up from 3 to over 10 and then they cut Wolf but leave3 the star wolf theme on corneria I mean what ? Mind Games I say.
Whats wrong with having female characters?

Also just because a theme is in the game, doesn't make the character playable. Case n Point: Dr. Mario's song from Brawl.

Also sure we got more women and swordsmen this time, who is to say it won't be some other groups time to shine?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Lucas fans should download Project M. Not only does it have every character from Brawl (right off the bat, six playable character not in Smash 4), but they also added back in Mewtwo and Roy, and are planning an additional five newcomers (among them Isaac and Lyn, and possibly Skull Kid). There is also a massive selection of alternate costumes and a lot of stages from Smash 64 and Melee were added back in.

Really, its like almost another Smash Bros. game of its own at this point.

It definitely complements Smash 4 (especially those who only plan to get Smash 4 3DS).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'll pass. I love the idea of Project M but my wii can't connect online to download it. I'm also over Lucas being cut (and his moves being given to Ness) and am now in the I WANT THE GAME stage.
You can download Project M without hacking your Wii. All you need is 2GB SD card, and follow the instructions on the Project M site.

It is a lot easier than you think.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Whats wrong with having female characters?

Also just because a theme is in the game, doesn't make the character playable. Case n Point: Dr. Mario's song from Brawl.

Also sure we got more women and swordsmen this time, who is to say it won't be some other groups time to shine?
That's just it though I'm happy about every single female that got added but why make the villains on the roster less.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I feel if there's going to be other DLC characters with Mewtwo, I see Lucas being a very likely choice, even the most likely, next to Ice Climbers.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
I feel if there's going to be other DLC characters with Mewtwo, I see Lucas being a very likely choice, even the most likely, next to Ice Climbers.
Lucas and Wolf are a given like Mewtwo they only share a few similarities and are pretty simple to construct and Ice Climbers dare I say it might be gone (I hope to Groose I am wrong) but I think Lucas and Wolf are next.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Oh hey, this thread's unlocked again, yaaaaaaaaaay.

Same here, although, Ness does have his specials. I guess the only thing to do is bring Lucas back, either change up some of his moves, or give him some of Ness's moves as customs to balance it out.

Lucas and Wolf are a given like Mewtwo they only share a few similarities and are pretty simple to construct and Ice Climbers dare I say it might be gone (I hope to Groose I am wrong) but I think Lucas and Wolf are next.
Yeah, i'm sure they'll be back now. If they don't come back though...The fans aren't gonna be happy. XD

Last edited:

Speculator

Smash Ace
I wonder if we could get a proper support thread going as opposed to this pre-release leftover. It'd be nice if Lucas could have a front page post and a jazzy title like all the other hopefuls.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I unfortunately joined after this original thread closed, but now it's open so I can say what I want to say.

Lucas was my favorite character in Brawl, and Mother 3 is one of my favorite, if not my favorite, games ever. I was crushed when he wasn't even given the :4alph:for :4ness:... Or even the :wolf: treatment like with :4fox:. I eventually found someone new to adore (she's even right up there with Lucas), but I still felt down about his exclusion and the general lack of any Mother 3 content, not even a Love Theme riff in the medley of Eight Melodies/Sound Stone Melody.

While I'm still cautious so I don't get crushed twice, :mewtwomelee: has gotten my hopes up slightly. While :lucas: is exclusive to Japan right now (and the fandom there is divided on Mother 3, apparently), he clearly has some non-Japanese fans as well (same with :roymelee:, actually). I think that might be enough to at least make him get the :4alph: treatment, which I would be fine with. Better than no Lucas at all. If he returns in any playable form, I'm co-maining him with :4robinf: for sure.

Shaymikyu

If Lucas comes back, PLEASE bring NPC stage back ;_;

It would look gorgeous in HD
Agreed. I'm glad I'm not the only one who loved NPC. A lot of people seem to think it's too big, but I always play on it. It, Luigi's Mansion, and Castle Siege are my favorite Brawl stages, and 2/3 are in the Wii U version...

Though my ultimate returning stage wish is still Fountain of Dreams (as in it will only be in my dreams).

Even if not NPC, it'd be cool if DLC stages became a thing and some characters got a new stage along with them. I'd love an Osohe Castle stage, or Titiboo Theater.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
If Lucas comes back, PLEASE bring NPC stage back ;_;

It would look gorgeous in HD
Hmm. This is just about the only thing I wouldn't want to come with Lucas. Lol. For some reason I always hated that stage for being too big, despite absolutely loving Temple.

Shaymikyu

Has anyone made support buttons yet? I'd love to show my support for the possibility of Lucas returning in DLC.

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Played through Mother 3 a little while ago and instantly turned into a Lucas fan. I was very sad he didn't make it back. Definitely hopeful now that DLC is a go! I do wonder what would happen with his specials now that Ness has his Brawl ones... I'd be happy to see him back even if he shares customs with Ness.

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
Agreed. I'm glad I'm not the only one who loved NPC. A lot of people seem to think it's too big, but I always play on it. It, Luigi's Mansion, and Castle Siege are my favorite Brawl stages, and 2/3 are in the Wii U version...

Though my ultimate returning stage wish is still Fountain of Dreams (as in it will only be in my dreams).

Even if not NPC, it'd be cool if DLC stages became a thing and some characters got a new stage along with them. I'd love an Osohe Castle stage, or Titiboo Theater.
NPC was my favorite stage. That stage was one of the reasons why I imported Mother 3 ^^
A New stage would be awesome too.

Who knows? A new Earthbound/Mother stage COULD be a unlockable stage in the Wii U version

Shaymikyu

NPC was my favorite stage. That stage was one of the reasons why I imported Mother 3 ^^
A New stage would be awesome too.

Who knows? A new Earthbound/Mother stage COULD be a unlockable stage in the Wii U version
I would be more shocked if Onett was the only Mother stage, even if the unlockable isn't from Mother 3. Melee had two Mother stages with just Ness, so why not Wii U?

If Lucas returns (as a Ness alt or alone), what alts does everyone want to see?

My personal top choice is his disguise from Chapter 5. While I've never played Project M, I adore their alt based on this.

I main the Claus alt at the moment (I actually prefer Lucas to Claus as a character and design, but the Claus alt just stands out), but if they made one based off of this, it'd be my instant favorite.

I'd also love the see a Kumatora color where he gets pink hair, as well as some based off the equips from Mother 3, such as the Leo Leo Shirt, DCMC Shirt, Good Boy Shirt, or even if we're REALLY lucky, the Awesome set.

Top Bottom