• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
Yay! Positivity! Perhaps? I don't really know how things like that work but it would be cool if on Friday all those with the game right now had to update and it would 'unlock' more characters. Sounds highly unlikely though. :3
Yes. I've learned from everywhere, especially from my reading that positivity always trumps everything. Maybe I'll be dissapointed, but I won't give up on my second main. Even after release, I'll hope for DLC. After DLC, I'll hope for Smash 5. Always, always positive.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
Anybody up for a Lucas, Ice Climbers and Wolf riot? :3
Count me in, i am baffled by the sheer of f***ing distatefulness of Sakurai, and Nintendo. They downright mocked Mother 3's fanbase in their E3 presentation, it would've been justified if we actually did get Mother 3 content in the future, or at least have :lucas:in Smash 4. But that's sadly not the case. All we are, and have become is an inside joke to Nintendo. Not only to us but to other fans such as Ridley, remember when he was teased in April, not a single word about him. The fact that other non-playable characters was addressed immetiedly, Sakurai kept quiet about Ridley. Leading people into false hope. The exact same can be said for the Mother 3 joke Nintendo did.

And the quality of the roster, don't get me started. Brawl's final result was so much more justified than this, the only major losses were :mewtwomelee: and :roymelee:. And they got worthy, quality replacements. What do we get now with the loss of :lucas: and :wolf: that were at best semi clones, and were unique and distinguishable enough from their counterparts ? Dr. Mario and Dark Pit. Yeah, do i need say more. It's blatanly obvious this roster is rushed and incomplete, the only saving grace it has now is DLC.

LUCAS, IC, WOLF AND MEWTWO BETTER BE DLC, SAKURAI.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
If it's any consolation, Doctor Mario proves that Lucas (if he isn't in for DLC) could in fact come back if Smash 5 will exist.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Wait so this is the final roster? isn't this just the leaked roster, while the pad lock proves it isn't complete? There's something fishy, especially considering the stream tomorow and the fact it isn't even out yet.

Never lose hope, channel your inner Gatsby.

Honestly, at E3 they joked about Starfox and Mother 3. Suddenly new Starfox game. I don't see Nintendo joking about Mother 3 if they don't plan to do anything with it, and if Lucas is cut from Smash. I just don't see it.
Two jokes about Star fox and Mother 3 and they remove these two :lucas::wolf: Wow Nintendo are cruel I mean really cruel.... Oh and guys this is it, what if just maybe Sakurai is holding back characters till either, the Wii U version is out, or the 3ds version come out worldwide it's a stretch I know, but there is no excuse to have at least 6 clones :drmario:dark:4pit::4lucina::4tlink: :falco::ganondorf:in the game, remove two pretty original ones:lucas::wolf: and a complete unique character:popo: and leave four spaces empty on the roster I'm sorry but my hype is sort of dying and I hate to say this too, because oh my god that Magicant stage and music are amazing and Ness sounds adorable (Ninten makes a cameo but not as an alt that really annoyed me especially with Alf and the koopalings) but I mean really the duck hunt dog I love him he's perfect he's part of my childhood same with :rob:his new final smash is wonderful but the fact that more was lost from the roster than gained really hurt. I'm pretty much hoping Lucas get's back through DLC that space next to Ness gives me serious hope, also I would like to mention Isaac is not a playable character nor an a assist trophy so that pretty much means there is NO GOD DAMN GOLDEN SUN REPRESENTATION Sakurai has given all the popular series all the love all the little franchises like Star fox F-zero, Mother, golden sun they all really need more love.

CaptainQuestion

Smash Cadet
Wait, so is lucas for sure not getting back in? I need clarification.
I just finished watching a livestream, and I can confirm that after unlocking ROB (the last character from the ESRB leak that hadn't been unlocked), a notification popped up saying, according to the streamer's translation, something akin to "All fighters are usable now! Let the real battle begin!" and "You can now play true All-star mode".

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Well, the good news is that Ness doesn't have a Lucas alt and hasn't "absorbed" any of Lucas' A moves....which means he is still very much alive for DLC.

Blucas

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe Ice climbers got cut, mewtwo left behind while dr mario gets hind and DK has low content compared to KI;U
I'm not even a fan of those series but that's pure injustice

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
It was said that Ness has some custom moves that resemble Lucas', such as having PK Freeze (I know I saw it posted somewhere but forgive me for not finding a link, I assume it was on stream). If my info is incorrect, disregard me.

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
There's practically no post here that I hate (well maybe the ones that say all is lost...). All you guys are saying what I want to say too.
Super Smash Bros is about pulling together different franchises. Not just coddling 3 or 4 and pretty much ignoring the rest. They do not deserve what downgrade they have been given and the fact that Mother 3 and The Ice Climbers haven't been mentioned (expect IC's have a smash run enemy but even then it doesn't have the IC logo!) really grind my gears. If this is the final product and doesn't get more content added sometime after it comes out/Wii U release I feel like that this wont be the best instalment of the series. Yes, we have more characters but that is not the overall point. The day has left a sour feeling upon me and I can only hope things get better.

I might go take a long shower and think about life a little...

CaptainQuestion

Smash Cadet
Yes. I've learned from everywhere, especially from my reading that positivity always trumps everything. Maybe I'll be dissapointed, but I won't give up on my second main. Even after release, I'll hope for DLC. After DLC, I'll hope for Smash 5. Always, always positive.
I know I should be lauding your optimism, but I am NOT in the mood for that right now, for some unfathomable reason.
Your theory sounds very unlikely, all things considered.
Sakurai might be able to pull such a stunt, knowing what he's like... but after this roster, I really can't say I know what he's like anymore.
You know, earlier in this thread, I thought I was accused of not believing in Sakurai (which was a bit of a misunderstanding, but that's beside the point), and after the leak I thought there might be some truth to that, but I was certain there was more to see then.
But now I can say with certainty that YES.
I am starting to lose faith in this man now.

I feel like a kid that overheard some teenagers talking about Santa's overwhelming fakeness, but didn't want to believe that until Chrismas finally rolls around and he discovers he's been awarded the most half-assed presents his oversized, watery and innocent eyes have ever beheld.
Say, Sonic '06 instead of the Mario Galaxy he was hoping for.

Last edited:

Pokemaster73

Smash Cadet
Still can't believe Lucas is gone, as if Mother needed to be more under represented

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
There's practically no post here that I hate (well maybe the ones that say all is lost...). All you guys are saying what I want to say too.
Super Smash Bros is about pulling together different franchises. Not just coddling 3 or 4 and pretty much ignoring the rest. They do not deserve what downgrade they have been given and the fact that Mother 3 and The Ice Climbers haven't been mentioned (expect IC's have a smash run enemy but even then it doesn't have the IC logo!) really grind my gears. If this is the final product and doesn't get more content added sometime after it comes out/Wii U release I feel like that this wont be the best instalment of the series. Yes, we have more characters but that is not the overall point. The day has left a sour feeling upon me and I can only hope things get better.

I might go take a long shower and think about life a little...
The ~Ridley fans are freaking out, there thread got locked which is sad as I really know how they are feeling what with three of my mains now gone but don't get me wrong before the streams today my hype was out of this world the roster was incredible and I couldn't wait for more, but the clones really hit me, the fact falco has the land master bugs me, the fact Dr.Mario, Dark pit, Toon link, Lucina and even sheik have clone final smashes bugs me the fact that Golden sun is complete out of the game bugs me but that will never destroy the hype I had for :rob::ness2::wario::4littlemac::4falcon::4pacman::rosalina::4shulk::4mii::4megaman::4villager: these characters right here are my saving grace for this roster yeas this means the characters that I just mentioned before I will ignore I don't plan on playing Lucina or Dr Mario, also Bowser jr and duck hunt just gave me a smile seeing their final smashes but I will always without a doubt be going back to brawl to play as :popo::lucas::wolf: I really couldn't care if I have too suffer the slower combat and tripping, I grew up with brawl I played it on release and I wasn't familiar with any of the characters (Yes I was one of those people that thought this was Zelda:4link:) I bought the game because :4sonic:and :4mario: were in it I also got a huge shock when I saw R.O.B :rob: as I thought he was a Mario character due to him being in Mario kart ds but I realised I couldn't really play good as sonic or Mario then I got ness I tried hated his up B but I thought it was cool so I tried out Lucas and I knew I had found my guy the slower recovery made me so happy as a kid because it so much easier too do compared to Ness so without a doubt I am heartbroken by the fact that Lucas (the one thing that made me become a mother fan and introduced me to the series) is gone not even a trophy, all I have done today is remembering the good times I had with Brawl so guys lets are heads high these characters will always be the reason that Brawl will be playable even after smash 4's release keep these guys in you mind and never forget the fun times you had back in 2008 :lucas::wolf::popo::snake::squirtle::ivysaur: God bless these characters for making my high school years fun :') and if only you guys had retuned

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
sigh sakurai .....i dont understand why you would under rep mother seris but i trust your judgement

AstroHamsta

Smash Cadet

Everyone In This Thread.....
I'm sorry it turned out like this.
I'm really happy you could be with me just before the end...
Thanks...
Dad, I'm sorry I didn't listen to you.
I'm going to where Mom is now...
You...
I hope we meet again someday...
Bye...
Thank you...
I'm sorry...
I'm sure we'll meet again...

Lucas Gave His Final Breath.... ;-;

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
well since that happened if lucas was a ness skin would you guys be satisfied?

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice
Oh, thanks starlol9. So that's it? Lucas isn't in? Dang it! If it wasn't for Ness, DHD, and rosalina, this loss would be much harder to bear.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero

Thanks...
You...
Bye...
Thank you...
I'm sorry...

See that empty space next to Ness That really, really get's to me that really gets me in the feels.
well since that happened if lucas was a ness skin would you guys be satisfied?
It might have been nice but I still would have rather had Ninten be the alt, but the fact that if Ness wasn't in there Mother would fade away just like Golden Sun

Last edited:

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
what i really dont get is why we need 7 mario reps -.-

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
The ~Ridley fans are freaking out, there thread got locked which is sad as I really know how they are feeling what with three of my mains now gone but don't get me wrong before the streams today my hype was out of this world the roster was incredible and I couldn't wait for more, but the clones really hit me, the fact falco has the land master bugs me, the fact Dr.Mario, Dark pit, Toon link, Lucina and even sheik have clone final smashes bugs me the fact that Golden sun is complete out of the game bugs me but that will never destroy the hype I had for :rob::ness2::wario::4littlemac::4falcon::4pacman::rosalina::4shulk::4mii::4megaman::4villager: these characters right here are my saving grace for this roster yeas this means the characters that I just mentioned before I will ignore I don't plan on playing Lucina or Dr Mario, also Bowser jr and duck hunt just gave me a smile seeing their final smashes but I will always without a doubt be going back to brawl to play as :popo::lucas::wolf: I really couldn't care if I have too suffer the slower combat and tripping, I grew up with brawl I played it on release and I wasn't familiar with any of the characters (Yes I was one of those people that thought this was Zelda:4link:) I bought the game because :4sonic:and :4mario: were in it I also got a huge shock when I saw R.O.B :rob: as I thought he was a Mario character due to him being in Mario kart ds but I realised I couldn't really play good as sonic or Mario then I got ness I tried hated his up B but I thought it was cool so I tried out Lucas and I knew I had found my guy the slower recovery made me so happy as a kid because it so much easier too do compared to Ness so without a doubt I am heartbroken by the fact that Lucas (the one thing that made me become a mother fan and introduced me to the series) is gone not even a trophy, all I have done today is remembering the good times I had with Brawl so guys lets are heads high these characters will always be the reason that Brawl will be playable even after smash 4's release keep these guys in you mind and never forget the fun times you had back in 2008 :lucas::wolf::popo::snake::squirtle::ivysaur: God bless these characters for making my high school years fun :') and if only you guys had retuned
Just hearing that about the Ridley fans made my stomach drop. I am not a huge Ridley or Mewtwo supporter but I wouldn't mind them in and I understand how many people actually do want them. That's just horrible. At least our little Lucas thread isn't locked...
Yet...
I grew up with the games however I'm not the best player by any means. Seeing characters getting discarded, even clones, hurts because every character will have at least one fan. Even Sakurai mentioned this a while back which is what made me put even more faith into him to make this game. It's nice looking back and remembering past Smash memories and I do hope this new game can live up to them but the fact is we are getting rid of many characters that just didn't need to leave. There is no limit to characters (or at least there's no limit till they fill up the card/disk) which is also quite annoying. These characters getting cut didn't need hardly any changes if any.

All these sour feels make me want to hope that there will be something major happening right under our noses. Though this is unlikely. I would also be up with the idea of there being more characters in the Wii U version and then gradual updates to the 3ds version to update the characters.

Edit: I can't stop liking comments and I'm supposed to be finishing my English work. Ugh. Why must SmashBoards be so entertaining. I think I need to head to bed xD

Last edited:

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
Just hearing that about the Ridley fans made my stomach drop. I am not a huge Ridley or Mewtwo supporter but I wouldn't mind them in and I understand how many people actually do want them. That's just horrible. At least our little Lucas thread isn't locked...
Yet...
I grew up with the games however I'm not the best player by any means. Seeing characters getting discarded, even clones, hurts because every character will have at least one fan. Even Sakurai mentioned this a while back which is what made me put even more faith into him to make this game. It's nice looking back and remembering past Smash memories and I do hope this new game can live up to them but the fact is we are getting rid of many characters that just didn't need to leave. There is no limit to characters (or at least there's no limit till they fill up the card/disk) which is also quite annoying. These characters getting cut didn't need hardly any changes if any.

All these sour feels make me want to hope that there will be something major happening right under our noses. Though this is unlikely. I would also be up with the idea of there being more characters in the Wii U version and then gradual updates to the 3ds version to update the characters.
dont give up all your hope yet guys theres still the wii-u version and that mysterious wii u button on 3ds menu we could get characters from there

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
plus there could be day one patch im just a rek :( imma leave school soon so wont be on later no computer

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Crap. :( Maybe DLC? Maybe, just maybe. For sure I will be using Ness more often and using his Lucas customized moves. It's still so disappointing.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
Crap. :( Maybe DLC? Maybe, just maybe. For sure I will be using Ness more often and using his Lucas customized moves. It's still so disappointing.
it's not the same

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775

Thanks...
You...
Bye...
Thank you...
I'm sorry...

Thank-you for the late night feels ;-;

Oh, thanks starlol9. So that's it? Lucas isn't in? Dang it! If it wasn't for Ness, DHD, and rosalina, this loss would be much harder to bear.
Seems so... Hopefully DLC is in order or perhaps there are more characters on the Wii U and they will eventually be put on the 3DS through updates? Who knows? There's quite a few characters I loved this time around but I still don't think they are helping me that much. I'm just trying to be optimistic. :)

dont give up all your hope yet guys theres still the wii-u version and that mysterious wii u button on 3ds menu we could get characters from there
Yep! Never give up! Until Lucas is officially kicked by Sakurai I am not going anywhere. ;D

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
I'm honestly fairly content since we got Magicant, which might be my favorite stage in the whole series, along with about 5 newcomers that I'm excited to play as. I still very much hope for Lucas DLC though.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Today was a horrible day to be a Lucas main my one and only he's up there with the great cuts like Wolf, Mewtwo, Ice Climbers and the characters that never got there chance Isaac, K rool, Dixie, Ridley and any of the other highly requested characters. Godspeed ~Lucas ~Godspeed

Dinoman96

Smash Master
This is the only loss that is totally inexcusable. Wolf shared his specials with two other characters. Snake isn't owned by Nintendo. Charizard took priority over Squirtle and Ivysaur. The 3DS couldn't handle eight Ice Climbers at once.

There isn't a single justifiable reason that Lucas should have been dropped.
I don't think Lucas should of been cut, but perhaps Lucas was lower on the priority list and was taken out due to time constraints. He is a semi-clone from a niche, finished series, after all.

AstroHamsta

Smash Cadet
Today was a horrible day to be a Lucas main my one and only he's up there with the great cuts like Wolf, Mewtwo, Ice Climbers and the characters that never got there chance Isaac, K rool, Dixie, Ridley and any of the other highly requested characters. Godspeed ~Lucas ~Godspeed
The Final 4/5 May Be DLC Slots.

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
Guys we need to let Nintendo, sakurai and namco bandai know are complaints and who we want we must attack on twitter and through emails in massive numbers to get what we want.
RIOTTTT:smash:

I'm honestly fairly content since we got Magicant, which might be my favorite stage in the whole series, along with about 5 newcomers that I'm excited to play as. I still very much hope for Lucas DLC though.
That stage is SOOOOOO good. It will be the one I use the most, I can tell. (Alsothemusic:awesome:)

I don't think Lucas should of been cut, but perhaps Lucas was lower on the priority list and was taken out due to time constraints. He is a semi-clone from a niche, finished series, after all.
I agree. It's weird though because Sakurai has been trying to get Lucas in since 64. He finally got him in Brawl but then decides to let him go? Is it just me or does it sound fishy?

The Final 4/5 May Be DLC Slots.
Sounds about right. There also seems to be a possible gap next to Ness too :3

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Dr Mario probably was easier to implement, voices and all that stuff.
Still at least Lucas looks different Dark pit and Dr Mario are alts in the clearest forms.

Starlol9 I thought Sakurai loved Mother 3 and Lucas that's why I am very depressed by this I thought he was a shoe hopefully he's locked till the Wii U version comes out.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I really hate having to wait this long to find out all my favorite characters are gone. Squirtle, Ivysaur, ice climbers, lucas... just so much disappointment. Plus the color options also let me down. No Ms. Pacman, no white yoshi, awful sonic colors... just sadness.

The miis and clones just add onto the sadness.

Now I have to hope for dlc. I'd buy amiibo figures packed with dlc, I'm sure most people would... but I have a feeling it wont happen.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
...I...I......Can't explain all the rage, dissapointment, and hate i have in me right now. But i'm going to try to express it.

I. Am. So...Mad and Sad at the same time. I...Sakurai freaking dashed my hopes in a fellswoop. I've been holding it back with the other people i've been talking with, but now, i can't hold it back any longer. I. AM. F**KING. PISSED. Now we know THE REAL REASON SAKURAI DODGED ANY NEWS WITH MOTHER, STARFOX, AND ICE CLIMBERS. HE freaking cut reps. from them. -__- He'll bring back R.O.B., Play Favorites with his series which has 3 games(like Mother) and give it A CLONE WHO WE WOULD'VE RATHER HAD A NEW MOVESET FOR, Bring back Dr. F**king Mario (who NO ONE ASKED FOR), put in a joke character like Duck Hunt Dog...and yet...HE CAN'T BRING BACK THOSE THREE CHARACTERS? O_O

But anyway, since this thread is about Lucas, i'm turning my attention towards him. I'm not forgiving Sakurai for this. This roster was rushed, and apparently, he thinks Clones and favoritism is more worthy to bring into this, than characters who were in previous games. Unless he makes DLC, then i am done with Sakurai. I misjudged him, turns out he's just like the rest of Nintendo, people who don't give two sh*ts about what a great game series Mother is, or respect it. God....Damn it.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
...I...I......Can't explain all the rage, dissapointment, and hate i have in me right now. But i'm going to try to express it.

I. Am. So...Mad and Sad at the same time. I...Sakurai freaking dashed my hopes in a fellswoop. I've been holding it back with the other people i've been talking with, but now, i can't hold it back any longer. I. AM. F**KING. PISSED. Now we know THE REAL REASON SAKURAI DODGED ANY NEWS WITH MOTHER, STARFOX, AND ICE CLIMBERS. HE freaking cut reps. from them. -__- He'll bring back R.O.B., Play Favorites with his series which has 3 games(like Mother) and give it A CLONE WHO WE WOULD'VE RATHER HAD A NEW MOVESET FOR, Bring back Dr. F**king Mario (who NO ONE ASKED FOR), put in a joke character like Duck Hunt Dog...and yet...HE CAN'T BRING BACK THOSE THREE CHARACTERS? O_O

But anyway, since this thread is about Lucas, i'm turning my attention towards him. I'm not forgiving Sakurai for this. This roster was rushed, and apparently, he thinks Clones and favoritism is more worthy to bring into this, than characters who were in previous games. Unless he makes DLC, then i am done with Sakurai. I misjudged him, turns out he's just like the rest of Nintendo, people who don't give two sh*ts about what a great game series Mother is, or respect it. God....Damn it.
Please let your complaints be heard directly by the source but be civil. Go to my thread if you wish to be heard.

Top Bottom