• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lubbock/Amarillo: Endangered species...

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Hmm Ill throw 30 in for first, and ill pitch in 10 for second place...And for the love of GOD please do not put up anything for first place. I am the only person the can give first place stuffz; however, i will need help with 2 and 3rd place.
Here are the prizes:

Singles:
1st- $15 (it's likely it'll be you, so take this prize away?)
2nd- $10
3rd- $5
4th- $2

Doubles:
1st- $10 ($5 per player)
2nd- $6
3rd- $2

I can pitch in about $20-$30 for the rest of the prizes.

Are we doing an amateur bracket again?
No, I don't want to do separate brackets again. However, I want to make it possible for casual players to win rather than us taking all the money. It's free, yes, but why advertise the prize money if we're not giving them a chance to win? So we'll give money to the highest placing casual players in bracket. Teams, we'll just award top 3 normally though. Are you ok with this? Then maybe we'll have time for a melee side event too.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Here are the prizes:

Singles:
1st- $15 (it's likely it'll be you, so take this prize away?)
2nd- $10
3rd- $5
4th- $2

Doubles:
1st- $10 ($5 per player)
2nd- $6
3rd- $2

I can pitch in about $20-$30 for the rest of the prizes.

No, I don't want to do separate brackets again. However, I want to make it possible for casual players to win rather than us taking all the money. It's free, yes, but why advertise the prize money if we're not giving them a chance to win? So we'll give money to the highest placing casual players in bracket. Teams, we'll just award top 3 normally though. Are you ok with this? Then maybe we'll have time for a melee side event too.
i strongly disagree with that

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Once again, we fail to get Tyson to come over. Our efforts will continue though, as summer is just around the corner!

Dakpo, have you decided on a date for DMT 20? There's July 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th (I assume July is the target month) Try to avoid the 28th and possibly the 21st because of Whobo 4 being held on August 4th.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
ty, I plan on doing this monthly, so if you have any extra info you want me to add to future articles, just let me know.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
answer my questions **** you
F U

Ok:

Do you organize any carpools for tournaments?
Not outside/farther than Amarillo.
Do you house for any tournaments?
I have 3 roommates, so no.
How far out of city are you willing to travel for a tournament?
Typically I drive from Lubbock to San Antonio to visit family and I have traveled to Houston from there before. I will not travel farther than 3 hours outside of my cities.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
I really do miss playing with you guys. I wish i could make everything. Gas prices are just sooooooooooooooooooooooo high. It ends up being a $100 for everything to come home. =(

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
I really do miss playing with you guys. I wish i could make everything. Gas prices are just sooooooooooooooooooooooo high. It ends up being a $100 for everything to come home. =(

Don't worry man, that's why we always carpool to Amarillo, even if it's just a 2 hour short ride, gas is always an issue. But whenever you do decide to visit the family one weekend, give me or anyone else a call so we can play!

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
the way i see it, I have more posts onto threads that actually contribute to the smash society and metagame
I think I've made enough contribution putting the Lubbock scene together (and you helped merge Amarillo too) and maintaining it for about 2 years now? I don't care how bad we are or how much more we can improve, we're on the radar at least.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Plans for the big regional should be made ASAP if we want to have a good turnout. The target date should be July 14th or 21st. It's gonna be a tough trade because of Whobo 4 the following month. We might even think about making it in the last days of June to let people save up for about 2 months now. Thoughts?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Plans for the big regional should be made ASAP if we want to have a good turnout. The target date should be July 14th or 21st. It's gonna be a tough trade because of Whobo 4 the following month. We might even think about making it in the last days of June to let people save up for about 2 months now. Thoughts?
I highly recommend you wait til after summer. There are like 5 nationals for brawl and like 2-3 for melee this summer. No one is going to come to this if u do it in the summer.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
I highly recommend you wait til after summer. There are like 5 nationals for brawl and like 2-3 for melee this summer. No one is going to come to this if u do it in the summer.
I haven't talked with Dakpo about that at all, so I don't know what's going to happen. Some of us may show up to Whobo however.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
This tournament will be my moving away party basically. I can't exactly do it after the summer

Top Bottom