• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lordy's Monthly v7 Results - Grand Rapids, MI (3/23/13)

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Apex 2013 Ruleset

Project Melee Doubles - $10 per team - 60/30/10

[collapse=Bracket]

[/collapse]

1: Super + LCancel ($48.00) :sonic: + :bowser2:
2: Raqequaza + fZk ($24.00) :sonic: + :lucas:
3: Douche + root ($8.00) ? + :sheik:
4: Xatic + JTsm ? + :snake:
5: Robjoe + ManaX :charizard: + ?
5: DDD + McK ? + ?
7: GOKU + Vegeta ? + ?
7: Torvus + Sarix ? + ?

Project Melee Singles - $5 - 60/30/10

[collapse=Bracket]

[/collapse]

1: Super ($60.00) :sonic:
2: Ragequaza ($30.00) :sonic:
3: Douche ($10.00) :sheik:
4: LCancel :bowser2:
5: fZk :lucas:
5: Robjoe :charizard:
7: ANAL ?
7: Vegeta :mario2:/:falcon:
9: GOKU :dk2:
9: root :sheik:
9: JTSM :snake:
9: Lordy :falcon:
13: DDD ?
13: CockSock :zerosuitsamus:
13: TBird :falcon:
13: Xatic (Forfeit) :falcon:
17: Sarix ?
17: Legit :dedede:/:squirtle:
17: Coldcut :link2:
17: Torvus ?
17: ManaX ?

Brawl Doubles - $10 per team - 65/35

[collapse=Bracket]

[/collapse]
1: Raqequaza + fZk ($32.50) :snake: + :diddy:
2: Xatic + L_Cancel ($17.50) :wario: + :olimar:
3: Lordy + JTSM ($0.00) :metaknight: + :snake:/:dedede:
4: Goddy + Legit :metaknight: + :gw:
5: TBird + CockSock :snake: + :zerosuitsamus:

Brawl Singles - $5 per team - 60/30/10

[collapse=Bracket]

[/collapse]

1: Ragequaza ($33.00) :snake:
2: LCancel ($16.50) :olimar:
3: fZk ($5.50) :diddy:
4: Lordy :metaknight:
5: Tbird :snake:
5: Goddy :metaknight:
7: Legit :gw:
7: JTSM :snake:
9: cockSock :zerosuitsamus:
9: ANAL :marth:
9: DFire ?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Good stuff to Super and Rayquaza! Adding all the Brawl info to the spreadsheet!

Sarix

Smash Ace
Just so you know Lordy, in P:M I use Link as my main since Samus hasn't been released yet.

Edit: Fun tourney though, it was nice to play against a variety of characters. I just need to find more ways to squeeze in time to practice before the next one so I'll be less free.

JTsm

Smash Master
Lordy, I only won with peach in brawl singles man.

Shoutouts when I get home.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Hey wait, I used :sonic: :warioc: :sheik:and :mariomelee: in my bracket wins. Need to get a green Sonic emoticon for all my tournaments. And I can't seem to find the Brawl Mario emoticon.

Shoutouts after work.

LOE1

Smash Lord
l cancel using bowser now?

.....-dip-

yea i see its in pm lol. shoutouts to ray for puttin in work tho

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
shoutouts to T-Bird beating me legitly this time.

Also in the past 3 tournaments I've entered I've lost to Snake 3 times, and Diddy twice. Next time I only want to play MKs and Olimars.

JTsm

Smash Master
1: Super ($60.00) :sonic: - GJ winning. Wished I faced you in a serious set.
2: Ragequaza ($30.00) :sonic: - Wow, never expected this tbh. GJ. You didn't grime as much as I expected. Still took long in between sets, but other than that, you were great.
4: LCancel :bowser2: - yooooooo you're lucky I didn't CG dat ass c; xD Good seeing your bowser is nice tho. Crouching needles might work well.
5: fZk :lucas: - God damn I can't beat you yet, but I will eventually. You have a nice TL. And GG's.
7: ANAL ? - LOL Dat name too good.
7: Vegeta :mario2:/:falcon: - GG's in our set. I feel like I could have beaten you, but I was just not doing something... dunno. xD But nice mario.
9: GOKU :dk2: LOL Dat livestream hype.
9: root :sheik: - GG's in our set. You were ****** me in friendlies, so idk what happened.
9: JTSM :snake: - Did good, but I feel like I can improve so much more C:
9: Lordy :falcon: - Thanks for hosting and housing me and Xatic. Crazy times man. xD
13: Xatic (Forfeit) :falcon: - +3 Grime points. You know why :smirk:

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Ally, I'm willing to throw down a $5 MM in P:M. Just hope that Axis dude doesn't show.

1: Super ($60.00) :sonic: :mariomelee: :sheik: :warioc: - Yo, get exposed in MM by Xatic. Can't hide behind BDubs johns forever. :wifi:
2: Ragequaza ($30.00) :sonic: - Man, your Sonic is such a shadow of what mine used to be at Lordy v5/6, but it's super easy to pick up on after awhile. Great followups on hit, though, but a knowledgeable person on the matchup can and will wreck you. Your innate Smash skill sung true for awhile, but you gotta get some mix-ups going. I shouldn't feel so confident as to look away from the TV to FSmash you.
3: Douche ($10.00) :sheik: - THE PUNCTUATION MAN. You're getting real good, Benji, but there seems to be a lack of character focus - you're just good overall. Find yourself a character and really step it up with them before you start playing around with everyone else. Otherwise, you done good, man. Otherwise, good games, I hope we can play some more again soon.
4: LCancel :bowser2: - Yooo, best team! Needs more Fair, though. This man knows his way around a ledge.
5: fZk :lucas: - Play more, please! I really wanted to see a really strong showing from you this time, and show me up! Maybe next time.
5: Robjoe :charizard: - That choke. I expected you to take second at this, I really did. Something got in your head and your approaches went from godlike to predictable, and worse off, punishable. Calm down, practice, and I think you'll be nailing those upsets.
7: ANAL :zeldamelee: - Sophy, man, you could have had L_Cancel! Work on that grab game more, and you'll be seeing some serious results. Watch some Zelda videos to get some stronger Din's setups, too!
7: Vegeta :mariomelee:/:falcon: - Should have Final Flash'd. Wisconsin Hype!
9: GOKU :dk2:- Can't wait for your videos to upload, man. I like that DK, but you gotta give 'em that Bair!
9: root :sheik: - EXPOOOOOSED. Gotta keep up the pressure, man, you could have really turned those Doubles games around! Expecting great things from you.
9: JTSM :snake: - This man. This man knows how to friendlies.
9: Lordy :falcon:- Yoooooooo bringing back the Falcon man! Really wish you had entered Doubles, man, but I know them TO johns are legit. Thanks for hosting such an awesome event.
13: DDD - This man tells no lies with his tag. You're a cool guy, and I hope you come out more to these.
13: CockSock :zerosuitsamus:- I didn't see you except for a few times in passing. Too bad, didn't know you were in the P:M tourney.
13: TBird :falcon:- Yo, you were in P:M? Too legit!
13: Xatic (Forfeit) :falcon:- Falcon fever. Thanks for exposing me in friendlies, man, I've got a lot left to learn about the Melee top tiers. Hope to play online sometime!
17: Sarix - Really glad you could make it out - That Project M takeover at GRCC is legit.
17: Legit :dedede:/:squirtle: - Speaking of legit... uh... nice hat.
17: Coldcut :link2:- Saw you around, didn't talk. Hope you come out to more of these!
17: Torvus - See: Sarix.
17: ManaX - The man who is London. Tell Sophy to stop sandbagging so you can get more experience. Thanks for teaming with Robjoe, though!

ADDITIONAL SHOUTOUTS
Sophy - This man has no limits to his grime. Tells Legit he'll team with him, then bails for to team with Robjoe, only to disappear ten minutes to bracket and leave no man a teammate.
Red - Shows up for friendlies the night before, has work johns, gets represented in Grand Finals and his tag loses on stream.
Goddy - This guy... he just shows up.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
you guyz need to step it up n beat Super -_____-
LOL agreed :p

1: Super ($60.00) :sonic: - Once again didn't play friendlies -_- Good time at bdubz though! :D Grats on yet another win.
2: Ragequaza ($30.00) :sonic: - Yo didn't talk to you at all but grats on 2nd.
3: Douche ($10.00) :sheik: - Sick 3rd place man. I'll have to take notes.
4: LCancel :bowser2: - Ledge attack too good, ban that ****. GGs, salty that I'm not in this place ;)
5: fZk :lucas:- Yoooo wanted to MM you but never got the chance D: maybe next time! Grats on 5th
5: Robjoe :charizard:- GGs, good MM, run it back next time ;) We've been pretty even ever since Lordy v4, looking forward to seeing what you've got at v8. Work on your edgeguarding!

7: ANAL ? - Dude you've probably improved the most out of everyone. Good ****. Stay gay :)
7: Vegeta :mario2:/:falcon: - I have no idea who you are but I had fun commentating your set with ,..., :D
9: GOKU :dk2:- No clue who you are either! I didn't even see you play.
9: root :sheik: (I also played Fox and Zelda) - What the **** dude, you should have gone so much farther. Stop playing like a dumbass -_-
9: JTSM :snake: - GGs and yeah I have no idea what happened either. I hope next time I can give you an actual challenge in bracket.
9: Lordy :falcon: - Shoutouts for hosting yet another successful tourney, and for getting into PM! Hit me up if you ever wanna play.

13: DDD (He played DDD) - Thanks for coming out with me, I hope you come out to future tournaments as well!
13: CockSock :zerosuitsamus: (He also played Sonic) - GGs, I take it this is your first PM experience? Keep practicing. Glad you got into Project: M. :D
13: TBird :falcon:- Didn't talk to you all day but nice to see you again!
13: Xatic (Forfeit) :falcon:- Thanks for letting me commentate, I'd love to do it again! Sucks that you weren't feeling it on Saturday. We'll play again sometime :)

17: Sarix (He played Link, maybe Peach) - Yooo we'll get some more practice in. I wanna see you excel at these tourneys!
17: Legit :dedede:/:squirtle: - GGs and P:M hype! Good **** Tom
17: Coldcut :link2:- Thanks for coming out, I really wish we could practice more so you'd place better. Hope the videos will help.
17: Torvus ? - God dammit, Torvus.
17: ManaX ? - Yooo keep working on your game, you'll get better. I'll see you next time!

I'll have videos from my setup uploaded soon, I'm working on splitting them up at the moment.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Which part? The fact I wanna MM Ally in Project M? Yeah. Do I think I'll win? Probably not. But I want him to want to win more than just another friendly.

Otherwise it's whatever you want it to mean I guess.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Lordy:
Douche played Wario, Sheik, and Mario in doubles.
McK played Ness.
DDD played DDD.
Torvus and Sarix played Peach and Zelda, respectively.

Sarix

Smash Ace
1: Super ($60.00) :sonic: - It was great that I could come. It's shame I didn't get to play you though.
2: Ragequaza ($30.00) :sonic: - I've never talked to you before but congrats on 2nd.
3: Douche ($10.00) :sheik: - Your Sheik was fun to watch.
4: LCancel :bowser2: - I'm surprised you picked Bowser. But it was nice to see you again.
5: fZk :lucas:- Long time no see. Granted I dropped Brawl lol.
5: Robjoe :charizard:- It was nice to see you again as well. Kinda surprised you went with Charizard.
7: ANAL :lucas: - Your Lucas was really fun to play against. I'll have to learn that MU if I face you again.
7: Vegeta :mario2:/:falcon: - Hi?
9: GOKU :dk2:- Never met you before but your DK was fun to play against in friendlies.
9: root :sheik: - I was hoping to actually get some practice in with you before the tourney started. Ah well I plan to keep practicing with Link to hoepfully give you a run for your money. :)
9: JTSM :snake: - I actually did not expect to see you at the tourney, but it was cool that you showed up.
9: Lordy :falcon: - Yet another fun tourney.

13: DDD :dedede: - Keep practicing, your Dedede definitely has potential though.
13: CockSock :zerosuitsamus:/ :sonic: - GGs,I'm glad you got into P:M. I will still forever hate Sonic though lol.
13: TBird :falcon:- Didn't talk to you all day but nice to see you again.
13: Xatic (Forfeit) :falcon:- I didn't get a chance to talk you so I don't have much to say.
17: Sarix :link2: - Just have to keep practicing when I get time.
17: Legit :dedede:/:squirtle: - I'm surprised you started playing P:M actually.
17: Coldcut :link2:- Those Link dittos were fun. Definitely master AGT it's too good for Link not to use.
17: Torvus :zerosuitsamus:/:peach: - Hopefully you'll get a copy of P:M soon.
17: ManaX ? - Yet another person I didn't really get to talk to, sorry!

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
Since it might not be obvious, this is Goku/Andy

1: Super ($60.00) - Thanks for the compliments! And nice job on the tournament win. I'll be better next time. I wish we had friendlied... though I already fear Sheik as it is O_O, but it'd still be fun :p
2: Ragequaza ($30.00) - Close matches! gg. I'll get you next time :p
3: Douche ($10.00) - I don't think I met you?
4: LCancel - I'm messing around with how to face bowser (with DK). The friendlys were fun. Next tournament wanna MM?
5: fZk - I don't know why, but I was really tense/nervous when I faced you in friendlys... please know I'm at least better than what you saw :s Nice lucas! It's a very cool character but I can't control him as well as you. Btw, I think zair near the ground (normally out of a dodge) can combo into grab too. Not sure if it's guaranteed.
5: Robjoe - That's one crazy Charizard O_o your grab game is so good.
7: ANAL ? - Good games... makes me really want to play Zelda honestly... Gotta stick to my DK, but she'll likely be a secondary for me.
7: Vegeta :mario2:/ Fu sion
9: GOKU HA!
9: root
9: JTSM
9: Lordy - Thanks for hosting. And for the DK support :D Next time I'll be sure to stay late for DK dittos :D Despite the long drive I think I might come next month whenever it is.
13: DDD ? - Nice friendlys. I haven't played any other DDD's in PM.
13: CockSock
13: TBird - Nice games. I look forward to see you improve.
13: Xatic (Forfeit) - Close games! And thanks for commenting on the livestream.
17: Sarix ? - Good friendlys. I could be wrong, but I think toon link might be more your character if you're into Zoning... Not that Link doesn't zone. Regardless, see you next time.
17: Legit /
17: Coldcut - The friendlys where fun. Work on that tech chase! :p
17: Torvus ?
17: ManaX ? - You were with RobJoe in doubles, right? Would've liked to have gotten some singles matches in with ya. Maybe next time! good games.

I barely talked to and/or didn't meet the rest of you (I think). Sorry if I missed someone.

SophyBer

Smash Apprentice
[PM SINGLES]
1: Super ($60.00) :sonic: Yo', good job getting first man. I wanna suggest that you keep up the good games but that may put those of us that keep placing lower than you at a hinderance... I guess that just means we have to get better... oh my, realizations. I jest. But yeah man, good job winning that monies.
2: Ragequaza ($30.00) :sonic: Whoa dude, I don't even know you but I know you came with fZk which meant that you were definitely a force to not take lightly. Way to prove your skills by whooping on everyone.
3: Douche ($10.00) :sheik: That Sheik bro... that Sheik. Solid chases on me all around. Again, sorry I couldn't have given you more of a challenge in our bracket match but those friendlies that we had were legit.
4: LCancel :bowser2: I hope I really gave you a bother with the stream match hype. Hahahaaa! Had I not been such total utter BUTT HOLE at that teleport I may have been able to get a bit closer to winning but nevertheless that edge game nonsense was epic.
5: fZk :lucas: Didn't get to play you at all but like Super said I hope you play more and more and only get better. You may not know, because of how uncool I am, but I've got myself a bit of a Lucas too. We're totally gonna ditto game next time.
5: Robjoe :charizard: Nice placing, especially going solid Zard the whole time through. Makin' him look good can't be too hard for a sex machine like yourself. Keep on that edge game though, try to find some good gimp maneuver that Zard can make quick and simple use of and from there try to find a way to pressure your enemy off the stage early on into a stock.

7: ANAL ? Anal?... Yeeeeeaaah, anal.
I've gotta' get better with Zelda's teleport, space a heck of a lot better, and not be so aggressive with bad empty dash-attack approaches like I do.
Also, I played Zelda, Ganon, and Lucas for bracket.

7: Vegeta :mario2:/:falcon: Good seeing you and your pal GOKU, both of you are pretty good and you should keep on playing, you'll only get better.
9: GOKU :dk2: That bracket game that we had on stream was pretty hype. You really had me pressured too, I didn't know what to do with myself half the time. Get a bit more solid at those fast-fall L-cancel moves with n-air and b-air and you'll only be pressuring harder. Same thing with your bro's Mario too, those same air moves done quickly will really make a foe think twice about approaching without thinking which is all around TOO GOOD!
9: root :sheik: Yo' man, don't think I really played you in a friendly outside of playing your Fox, which is really good, so it's too bad I couldn't gett my arse pulled open a bit more by Sheik some more. Dorf quads was something else though, waaay too funny. We really need to Zelda ditto too, daaaaawwwg!
9: JTSM :snake: Bro... I dun even know who you are but keep up the Snake shenanigans. His u-throw will chain-grab some enemies so look into that. His over-B rocket tends to kill most enemies at about 80-110% really well so make use of that as well along with whatever the crap else Snake does well... I don't really know.
JUST ACTING LIKE I KNOW SOME STUFF, YOU KNOW HOW IT IS!
9: Lordy :falcon: Always hype, man. Always. Your events simply can do no wrong, ever. Hype, chill, and all around fun. Keep on keepin' on ma'man.
Parting a bit with you before I left was legit too, thanks bro.

13: DDD ? You've got a good clique of peers to play this game with so you're only gonna get better. Take to mind the garbage advice I passed your way too about spacing, punishing, and playing calmly; there's eight full minutes to use in Smash games, don't act like you've gotta' have the game over in even three minutes unless you've really got to.
13: CockSock :zerosuitsamus: Seen you playing some with ManaX going Dorf and that was real good. I don't know how well ZSS really is in PM in comparison to how she is in Brawl but I hope you like her at least a bit. Only thing I know about her that's especially cool is that she can now chase her B blast closely so that's neat.
13: TBird :falcon: Whoa dude, get on that PM Cpt. Falcon, yo'; brutha' is mad fast.
13: Xatic (Forfeit) :falcon: Nice recording set-up, dude. You sure do go HARD with Cpt. Falcon too. Good games.

17: Sarix ? Our match with Link X Ganon was intense, your projectile pressure is nice and if anything you just need to get that short-hop quick-fall junk down and maybe mix it up a bit with just how you use the projectiles. Good games though.
17: Legit :dedede:/:squirtle:

Nice that you participated in PM.
:]
17: Coldcut :link2: Yo' man, I dun know you but I hope you had fun.

17: Torvus ? I saw some of your games and I figure that it's obvious that you know the game but you just need to figure out how to play more safely. I know you and Sarix are into GG and BB so try playing ZSS as if you were Tager or something, ya'know?

17: ManaX ? Bro, play smarter. Don't be so ready to get into a dude's face without having reason to do so.

[BRAWL SINGLES]
1: Ragequaza ($33.00) :snake: Way good, I had no idea who you were until just the other day so I'm more than surprised to see that you beat L's Oli. I'm gonna have to find that video, assuming it got recorded and get uploaded, and take notes.
2: LCancel ($16.50) :olimar: I've never once done any good against your Oli. Lol
3: fZk ($5.50) :diddy: Banana infinite for the win, do it for me.
;]
4: Lordy :metaknight: MK dittos are intense.
5: Tbird :snake: You suck! LOL
Beat my face in this time around BUT NEXT TIME I've got'chu, bro.

7: Legit :gw: Whoa, good. Too good even. I like your placing here, it isn't RUDE!

9: ANAL :marth: Dude, where's your Brawl game at?
... Someplace... maybe.

JTsm

Smash Master
Thanks for the reminders, Sophy. I hardly used any Nikita missiles, but you're right, they are a great kill option now.

I know a few CG's, but I need to test the rest of the cast.

Sarix

Smash Ace
Yeah I do take some pride in how developed my projectile pressure is currently. Lately I've been developing my trap game with his projectiles so I plan to be using them very differently next time.

fZk

Smash Lord
Thanks for the tourney, shoutouts and to everybody I played. Sorry for all the people that wanted to play me in P:M, but once I started playing Brawl I didn't want to switch back a forth.

Extra thanks to Steven (Rage), you still get a bad rap in MI but you've mellowed out a ton and you're cool kid.

I can't beat L in any game, I challenge you to a pizza eating contest for next time. I'm sure I can win that....

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
1: Super ($60.00) :sonic: - GGs it was fun teaming XD I probs got carried, but at least i protected the edges! You're a dominant force in PM atm
2: Ragequaza ($30.00) :sonic:- Yooo! I gained a lot of respect for you as a person in this tourney, you're really chill now, and your bad rap like Juan said, isn't deserved anymore. You're really smart at smash, and I was impressed how you got 2nd in PM having just played the game. XD I hope you come out again!
3: Douche ($10.00) :sheik:- YOoOoO! you bodied meee! thanks for the advice, I look forward to playing you in PM again^^
4: LCancel :bowser2:- METAL CAVERN
5: fZk :lucas:- XD IM SORRY JUAN, I'm glad you came out though, I enjoy your company, you're an awesome guy(:
5: Robjoe :charizard: - YoOOoO! Your Zard bodieddd meeeee XD you have improved a lot, and people need to watch out for youuu. I'll get youuuu!! >:l
7: ANAL ?- ZELDA SO SCARY, I honestly feel like you were the better player in our set, Bowser just punishes errors a lot harder v_v GGs, I look forward to playing you againn!
7: Vegeta :mario2:/:falcon:- I didn't really get to play you!
9: GOKU :dk2:- GGs in our friendlies, your DK is legit! Let's play more next time!
9: root :sheik:- YOO METAL CAVERN MAH DU
9: JTSM :snake: - D-SMASH! I'm glad you came :D
9: Lordy :falcon:- My manz Lordy, best TO in MI, real talkkk!
13: DDD ?
13: CockSock :zerosuitsamus:- GGs in dubs, we didn't get to play very muchh this timee!
13: TBird :falcon:- HYPE, upcoming snake!!
13: Xatic (Forfeit) :falcon: - BEST TEAM (flex) it was hype seeing you scott, :DD why you forfeit??
17: Sarix ? - You're back!!
17: Legit :dedede:/:squirtle: - YOO THIS DDD! BESTTT! we barely got to play at this in brawl though... That's not cool >:l NEXT TIME, WE TAKING OVER A TV TOM.
17: Coldcut :link2: - GGs! It was nice playing you :D
17: Torvus ? - I'm glad you came!
17: ManaX ?- Toonlinkkkkkkkkkkkk

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I find it funny when people call Rayquaza his real name. He doesn't seem like a Steven.

Top Bottom