• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

looking to start an Orange county, CA smash community

yourbigmom

Smash Cadet
NNID
yourbigmom
Hello there my name is Yones. As you can see I live in Anaheim ca. It has come to my attention that there is not much tournaments in orange county.
Yes there is the Wednesday night fights have started in Santa Ana which is nearby but still. For the most part a smasher must travel to LA or Inland to go to the nearest ones recently. As I've seen on the forums and other tournaments recently some smashes do live closer to aAnaheimor in it.

What I'm interested in is starting a closer community in Anaheim. I have already scouted out a few places and the venue issue is not a problem .
What I'm now calling for is any smasher who lives in Anaheim, Fullerton, irvine,Staton, Buena Park, or any other in orange county. (Of course any one else is welcome to come!)
But what my goal is,is to have a closer community near by Anaheim.

Im open to smash 4 and melee and I on my own can provide two full setups for wii u and 1 for melee.
What I really need is others who can provide setups.
Tourney fees and games can all be discussed but we must first find ones who can support and help out in the first place.

Please join this discussion as I am hoping to give birth to a new community!!!

RmoneySmash

Smash Rookie
NNID
BuckoBoy
well i see you didn't get much of a response, but i live in Mission Viejo, Orange County and I would be interested in being a part of this. Where are the venues you mentioned?

Mr. Skeeter

Smash Rookie
NNID
LEONORIEGA
Hello there my name is Yones. As you can see I live in Anaheim ca. It has come to my attention that there is not much tournaments in orange county.
Yes there is the Wednesday night fights have started in Santa Ana which is nearby but still. For the most part a smasher must travel to LA or Inland to go to the nearest ones recently. As I've seen on the forums and other tournaments recently some smashes do live closer to aAnaheimor in it.

What I'm interested in is starting a closer community in Anaheim. I have already scouted out a few places and the venue issue is not a problem .
What I'm now calling for is any smasher who lives in Anaheim, Fullerton, irvine,Staton, Buena Park, or any other in orange county. (Of course any one else is welcome to come!)
But what my goal is,is to have a closer community near by Anaheim.

Im open to smash 4 and melee and I on my own can provide two full setups for wii u and 1 for melee.
What I really need is others who can provide setups.
Tourney fees and games can all be discussed but we must first find ones who can support and help out in the first place.

Please join this discussion as I am hoping to give birth to a new community!!!
Im not that well experienced but I too wanna start a smash community close to Anaheim. There is a public library that hosts smash tournaments every couple of months but they said they will be ending it pretty soon, and they only had a limit of 40 players, butthere were more than 100 that wanted to play. I live in Tustin which sort of close but I always ride my bike to Anaheim so it won't be a problem. Don't give up on what you're trying to start because i wanna help.

yourbigmom

Smash Cadet
NNID
yourbigmom
sorry i have been lazy in responding to your replies it is much appreciated. the venues which have been scouted are phat collectibles on euclid and ball which has been a hard no surprisingly and two public libraries on eucild near cerritos and the other on harbor and broadway, which would come down to time when others wont be disturbed. i have recently found another trading card shop on ball and gilbert which has yet to be asked yet. i was also considering perhaps a local school as it may find good for the community.
if any of you no of better locations please feel free to say it here!
other than that in terms of people showing up i have talked to others in orance county and have had a response of about 30 including you guys on this thread.
with the setups all ready mentioned before along with any others ,others bring we can have a good amount of stations.
only other thing would be streaming equipment but im not sure thats a main proity yet as it would be better to focus on getting regular tournaments first. what do you guys think?

yourbigmom

Smash Cadet
NNID
yourbigmom
Im not that well experienced but I too wanna start a smash community close to Anaheim. There is a public library that hosts smash tournaments every couple of months but they said they will be ending it pretty soon, and they only had a limit of 40 players, butthere were more than 100 that wanted to play. I live in Tustin which sort of close but I always ride my bike to Anaheim so it won't be a problem. Don't give up on what you're trying to start because i wanna help.
where was this library at?

yourbigmom

Smash Cadet
NNID
yourbigmom
well i see you didn't get much of a response, but i live in Mission Viejo, Orange County and I would be interested in being a part of this. Where are the venues you mentioned?
don't worry i just mentioned them in the last post down

Mr. Skeeter

Smash Rookie
NNID
LEONORIEGA
where was this library at?
The library is called Tustin Branch Library. They host a smash tournament about every couple of months with a prize of $25 gift card to GameStop, but there is a limit of 40 players. The room they have it in is some what big but they host the tournament on what they call "game day" so they have more than one game running at a time. And one more thing, they do 4 player free for all only. If you want to some what to convince them that you'll host it I'll gladly help.

Mr.Shameless

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrShameless
3DS FC
5301-0935-0975
Hey, I'm from corona, metc and a friend of mine would love to join.. what day would all this be falling on?

DarthEpicBeard

Smash Rookie
Im from HB and I have a couple of dedicated Melee players and Im trying to get more into 4. Id love to do a smash group in OC. What about maybe a moving weekly/biweekly meet up? Scout a couple of places in northern OC that would be willing to host fight nights one night every other week.

yourbigmom

Smash Cadet
NNID
yourbigmom
Hey, I'm from corona, metc and a friend of mine would love to join.. what day would all this be falling on?
im not exactly sure what day but i dont plan on it being on the weekends as more people have plans. also after work,school,etc people can attend it. im shooting for Friday or Monday but that can't be decided when we have a secure venue

yourbigmom

Smash Cadet
NNID
yourbigmom
Im from HB and I have a couple of dedicated Melee players and Im trying to get more into 4. Id love to do a smash group in OC. What about maybe a moving weekly/biweekly meet up? Scout a couple of places in northern OC that would be willing to host fight nights one night every other week.
That sounds great as well we just have to have the right locations but can have both melee and smash 4 personally I wish to focus on more but both will be included

yourbigmom

Smash Cadet
NNID
yourbigmom
Actually this week or next week I should have the get an official response to see exactly where it will be at. So stayed updated

Lil Mac

Smash Rookie
Holy hell I just stumbled across this and I would love to have a smash community in orange! I live in Santa Ana and I go to esports arena to play Melee and I have to pay $13 every month for membership and I only go 4 times a month for wnf and I wish they would host more SSBM and Smash 4 tournies, but if we have a orange smash community I would totally just be a part of it instead of going to the esports arena :) Lets make it happen!!

ZzRash

Smash Rookie
Would love to help out just really looking for people to play melee with. there are a lot of smashers in Orange County that I think would love to start a scene here

yourbigmom

Smash Cadet
NNID
yourbigmom
also if any thinks of a open venue is the orange county area please feel free to post about it!

Absol Sniffles You

Smash Rookie
man if you wanna host you gotta make calls. venues are everywhere but you gotta be willing to pay good money. otherwise noone will let you use their venue. I reccomend just host at your place or a friends then slowly save for a actual venue.

Mr. Skeeter

Smash Rookie
NNID
LEONORIEGA
esports arena would be another great venue and they work with organizations and communities to host tournaments
You need membership in order to actually go inside and play and people don't want to go all the way over there just to play once

IcyWind

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tenshiiicywind
I live in Orange and play 4. There's esports arena and oomba that host weeklies, but if we want to grow a county scene we should start with house tournaments. They're cheap, can do well with low numbers, and slowly would grow interest and competition

Top Bottom