• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Looking to room with Smashers in Oregon/Washington (possibly CA)

WoodenNickels

Smash Rookie
I'm currently living in NorCal but am looking to move out of state due to the high cost of living in CA. I've been playing Melee casually since release but only started getting interested in the competitive scene a couple years ago. That said, I'd like to move in with some fellow smashers to start getting more serious with the game.

I've recently done some traveling in the PNW area and was especially attracted to the Northern Oregon and Western Washington regions, namely Corvallis, Portland, and Seattle (I'm aware Seattle isn't really cheaper than much of CA these days). I'm open to pretty much any area in the West Coast, however, given the right circumstances.

One important caveat is that I am planning on doing some travelling internationally starting next spring (approx. May), so any situation I find would have to be OK with me moving out at that time.

If anyone is looking for a roommate who loves Melee or has any leads in this regard, I would appreciate any information they are able to provide. I would prefer to keep my portion of rent and utilities combined under $700/mo, maximum. I can move in as soon as Nov 20th if necessary, but am flexible with that date if you know of a spot opening up later than that.

A little about myself: I am a 25-year old introverted white male. I was working in IT support until recently, but am in between jobs at the moment. I do have plenty of money saved up to cover rent until I move out, but will be looking for at least a part-time job wherever I end up so I can save money for my upcoming travels.

Obviously, this isn't the best place to look for housing, but I've spent many hours looking for places to rent online and have been somewhat underwhelmed. I figured if I'm going to share a house with people, they might as well be Smashers.

Top Bottom