• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking to buy a new controller

Rezmo

Smash Rookie
I was thinking to either buy a controllerchoas or a used nintendo one on ebay. I was weary about the quality on controllerchoas and im also scared about buying a knockoff on ebay. So any help would be great :)

Zepy

Smash Rookie
Well considering both your options both are pretty safe and good if you know what you are doing.

Ill gives you some tips and examples.

(I bought my emerald green controller off ebay and its a real nintendo one)

If you are buying off of controllerchaos i am almost certain you will be just fine.

Ebay on the other hand will need some help and looking out for.

First up:

This is FAKE:

This is REAL:

As you can see. the biggest difference is the "Nintendo Gamecube" logo near the top middle of the conntroller.

Another thing is that pictures that look like they just came off of google images are most likely fake.

And of course. ALWAYS and i mean ALWAYS check the sellers reviews and location. You can never be too sure.

And my final note. Check for the box if it says that "For Compatible Gamecube" first off makes no sense and second it is fake.

Hope I helped!

SSG SAX GAMER

Smash Apprentice
You can get it from amazon, and try to get the official Nintendo ones because they are better. Don't get the gamestop ones because they suck, or anyones that are themed a certain way. The smash 4 gamecube controller however it make take some time to break into the new triggers.

Top Bottom