• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of grabs I can duck under?

Memory

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have a list of characters and their types of grabs that Jiggs can duck under? For example with sheik you can crouch under her normal and jump-canceled grab but can't duck under her dash-canceled grab IIRC. Thanks.

Landry

Smash Ace
There aren't that many grabs you can duck under, if I recall correctly. Of the high tier characters that you'd probably face a lot I think you can also duck under Falcon and Marth's grabs (their standing/JC grabs, at least). I'm not positive about the rest since I've never looked into it that much.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
You CAN go under sheiks dash grab. I haven't experienced boost grabbing sheiks, so maybe that works, but I don't know why people think dash grab gets her. Marths dashgrab can get puff while crouching, but the first few frames you input crouch she goes extra low so if you time it right you can go under. Both of falcons grabs go over as well.

Massive

Smash Champion
I posted something about this like 2 years ago, but it's unfindable because search skips from 2008 to 2013.

Puff Can Duck all Grabs
Gannondorf
Falcon
Samus (not including tentacoo mode)
Link
Zelda-Zelda-poo

Puff Can Duck Jump-Cancelled or Standing Grabs (dash grabs still work)
Shiek
Marth
Mewtwo

Ultra Limbo Frames® Duck-able grabs
Fox
Falco
Shiek
Marth
Princess Downsmash
Yink
Bowsertuff
Kangaroo-two

Special Category
Yoshi (If yoshi is super close and JCs, you can't get out of his grab, if he's dashing you can LIMBO DUCK it)

Landry

Smash Ace
Can you explain a bit more about the "Ultra Limbo Frames® Duck-able grabs"?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I am very sure it's the first few frames of crouch where Puff goes lower. So you need to time the crouch cancel, but I am very happy to know it's doable against spacies.

Massive

Smash Champion
During the first few frames of your duck (I think it's the first 4 or 5) your hitbox goes extra low to the ground and you can duck under things you can't normally.

The window is so small that these values are basically useless from a conscious action standpoint (fox will usually still be able to grab you, etc), but you can occasionally duck some weird stuff (wizard foot, lol) and have a chance to punish your opponent pretty nicely.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
So basically it's more likely to just hit them with the invincible part of rest than crouch the grab.

YouKnowBruno

Smash Rookie
You could L cancel a rest which allows you to get the sucking power by Kirby and then you suck in Kirby and could crouch under 90% of other characters grabs. ONLY WORKS IN POKE FLOATS!!!!!!!!

TheSleepyLion

Smash Rookie
I posted something about this like 2 years ago, but it's unfindable because search skips from 2008 to 2013.

Puff Can Duck all Grabs
Gannondorf
Falcon
Samus (not including tentacoo mode)
Link
Zelda-Zelda-poo

Puff Can Duck Jump-Cancelled or Standing Grabs (dash grabs still work)
Shiek
Marth
Mewtwo

Ultra Limbo Frames® Duck-able grabs
Fox
Falco
Shiek
Marth
Princess Downsmash
Yink
Bowsertuff
Kangaroo-two

Special Category
Yoshi (If yoshi is super close and JCs, you can't get out of his grab, if he's dashing you can LIMBO DUCK it)
Can you really duck samus's grab? I was trying this the other day and she seemed to be able to grab me. Is it a spacing issue?

squible2

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure you can only super limbo duck samus's grab. This is one of the few grabs you can actually time it for because it's so slow. However, since it is so slow, you can also just jump over it, then float over into a rest.

I'm also pretty sure you can duck shieks running grab. It only grabs a puff when she wiggles up during her duck animation (making her a bit taller than normal)

Top Bottom