• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Limited amiibos To Be Restocked In Australia And New Zealand

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

According to Nintendo's Australian news site, there will be a limited number of amiibos coming to Australia and New Zealand with some of these coming from other regions meaning they wont have Australian or New Zealand packaging. With a recent financial report from Nintendo showing only 3% of the 5.9 million amiibos shipped have gone to Australia that may seem like an odd choice, except that Australia has the highest sell-through rate of amiibo in the world at 90%.

The fact that these amiibos might have packaging from other countries is also very interesting especially with the current major port strike on the west coast that has been going on for the past few months that may be holding up not only amiibo shipments in the United States but New 3DS consoles as well since a majority of its products are made in China and the fastest shipping route from there is to the west coast where the strike is currently happening. According to Reuters this strike has affected 70% of products coming in from Asia. This leads to the possibility that instead of choking up even more amiibos at west coast ports they may be simply sending them to Australia to replenish their amiibo supply in a country that currently has such a high sell through rate.

Associated Press photo taken by Elaine Thompson showing a boat with goods just waiting to do something.

They also announced that on March 21st the amiibo collection would expand in those areas to include the new Super Mario Collection which includes new models of Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, and Bowser as well as the brand new Toad amiibo. The crossover amiibo characters from both Smash and the Super Mario Collections will have the same functionality in all compatible games on the Wii U as well as Smash 3DS. Several other amiibo will be joining the lineup in April as well including Robin, Lucina, Charizard, PAC-MAN, Ness, and Wario. It will be interesting to see if any other news comes out soon related to the large scarcity of popular amiibos and the scarcity of them in places like Australia and New Zealand as well.

SmashCapps likes amiibos but only has a few of his own. Follow him on twitter to discuss the amiibo collection phenomenon.

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
Sucks to see Amiibos not get fairly distributed in Australia. I wish Nintendo would just make a bunch of them and throw them into every store they can find. They are selling like hot cakes so Nintendo doesn't really have that much to lose.

Here's hoping that those silly port strikes end so we can buy video games and stuff :p

Last edited:

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
Sucks to see Amiibos not get fairly distributed in Australia. I wish Nintendo would just make a bunch of them and throw them into every store they can find. They are selling like hot cakes so Nintendo doesn't really have that much to loose.

Here's hoping that those silly port strikes end so we can buy video games and stuff :p
Nintendo's been doing stuff like purposely limiting amounts of a product since the NES.

Zurf

Smash Cadet
Well as you can see from the article, the west coast strikes in shipping ports may be a major reason we can't get some of them in.
That might explain the shortage, and it's just a shame.

I'm glad for the Nintendo fans in Australia and New Zealand though:b:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Australian and New Zealand Smashers, good luck and best of wishes finding your desired Amiibo.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Hopefully they're Villager amiibo's won't cost $90 if this is true...............................I'm dead serious you look that price up on Amazon and you'll be surprsed.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well that good and all but...WHAT ABOUT NORTH AMERICA, DAMMIT!?!?!

Really, I'm starting to lose faith in Nintendo because of this bull****!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

The West Coast Strikes and the Mass Production of Amiibo for America must be the major reasons.

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Well it's good to see Australia's getting more amiibos, in the store I work for it really does reflect the Nintendo figures, we've got hardly any right now.

D

Deleted member

So its been the port strikes canceling my preorders and killing stock of all my precious Lucario amiibo and even a red New 3DS XL, not even a limited edition...

Best of luck to the Aussies and Hobbits of the world, make sure you get whatever amiibo you want fast, especially with that sell-through rate!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Hopefully this means I can snag Ike, D3, Little Mac and Pit :D

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Time for imports up the ***.

Screw Nintendo and their bad marketing.

Last edited:

ChrisP4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christian.P4
3DS FC
5284-1444-6964
Great news. But I personally hate the fact that Amiibo are so hard get, you need to make a huge effort and in some places in NA, it's kind of like lining up for Jordan's which is ridiculous. It would be awesome if Nintendo realized this and restocked into more places so that eventually everyone can get the Amiibo they want.

:4fox:- I will find you, and I will display you.

Jaydenn

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jayden-bx99
Looks like I might not get my Sonic Amiibo. Another great move by the one and only Nintendo, ladies and gentlemen.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
And my birthday is just around the corner as well....

More Amiibos + More Games = Rip Wallet and birthday money :smash::(
Both a negative and positive situation. You get what you want, but you lose what you were given meaning less things to get. Hopefully you get a good deal and have some extra money left over.

ValiantNorth

Matrix Speedruns

You may still be able to order them from people who ship internationally out of Australia, I for one am going to do some homework and maybe figure what stores are going to be getting stock and try to order as many rare ones as possible.

What is it with people not reading articles?
I think it's in regards to other regions - People assume there wont be more stock in North America.

And my birthday is just around the corner as well....

More Amiibos + More Games = Rip Wallet and birthday money :smash::(
My Birthday is in March so I understand you, I think I'm probably going to be spending most of mine on import Amiibos.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
You may still be able to order them from people who ship internationally out of Australia, I for one am going to do some homework and maybe figure what stores are going to be getting stock and try to order as many rare ones as possible.
Might as well take up on that offer and order the rare ones myself too.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I am happy that Nintendo is giving another place a chance to get some amiibos, but they really just needs to take the 'risk' and seriously up the overall global production of amiibos. We all know all they can do is profit.

Come on, we need a new 'It prints money' gif.

Last edited:

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
this is the first I've heard of a strike at west coast ports... goes to show how much I pay attention to mainstream brainwashing media.

it certainly would explain why we don't restock as fast... cause a group of people are protesting, and interfering with our intake of stuff. if only there were such things that didn't do more harm than good, but apparently people ignore things that aren't causing unrelated problems to boot.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
:4fox:- I will find you, and I will display you.
I'm pretty sure my local store has a bunch of Foxes still, if you're really having a tough time PM me and I'll totally hook ya up for just cost if Fox is really hard for you to find. I had a store that had a Sheik and 3 Toon Links the other day too, not sure if those are still there though.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
*News article has great news for Australia, explains why American shipments are delayed.

*Comment section is filled with people asking Nintendo to get their act together.

A Gray Person

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gray21oh
3DS FC
1719-3271-0480
Been wondering about restocks over here for awhile now. Still it kinda baffles me they didn't put a little more faith in the stocks of these amiibos what with how the first ever series revealed of these things is the Smash Bros series.

Though really the global stocking for the amiibos to me is way too out of wack. I just hope it eventually settles down and anybody can get one of these without the fear of it going out of stock suddenly.

I'd probably be huddling myself crying if April comes around and I find all the Lucina amiibos are sold out on the day they're suppose to be in!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I will get my Rosalina Amiibo, even if it has to be done with C-4 and an AK-47.
But on a cheerier note, Australia has great taste in Amiibo. Can't help but feel happy for em.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
WHAT BOUT MERICA ?!
Bruh :facepalm:

The fact that these amiibos might have packaging from other countries is also very interesting especially with the current major port strike on the west coast that has been going on for the past few months that may be holding up not only amiibo shipments in the United States but New 3DS consoles as well since a majority of its products are made in China and the fastest shipping route from there is to the west coast where the strike is currently happening.

Last edited:
Top Bottom