• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Level|Up & Team OXY present: The Arcadian @ Super Arcade! Nov 25th, 2013

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Teams Bracket (48 teams)-

http://challonge.com/ProAmTeams

1: Peligro + EastCoastJeff
2: MikeHaze + JJR
3: Sergio + HD Bryan
4: ComboFest + Spark
5: Nestor + Amon
5: P + StudMuffin
7: Maple + Wolf
7: Zeo + Art
9: Bosco + Okami
9: J666 + Morb
9: Leeland + Pat
9: KikomePlease + Max
13: Boss + Deth
13: Ken + KoopaTroopa895
13: OXY_TheCrimsonBlur + Skeeter
13: Edrees + DBAG
17: OXY_Westballz + Caleb
17: Khepri + Dayman
17: DanteFox + RapidRage
17: Lil Fumi + kaito kid
17: Squid + Hulka
17: Tapez + Outatime
17: PracticeMan + Dodger
17: Dyel + TheGroupIllia
25: Saca + BBR
25: Sherigami + Jago
25: Mike Y + Hugh
25: PikaZoo + Naro
25: Lobo + Chroma
25: RadicalDreamer + San
25: CommonYoshi + Tapez
25: Santie + iball
33: JKun + Roco
33: Sung + Chun
33: Nips + ToxicR
33: Zen + BernZ
33: Nawnscents + Force
33: TearBear + Bloom
33: BurgersPHD + TheRogueTwinkie
33: Apollo + SLC
33: Dunk + BigOPNess
33: JoeJoe + Dr Hu
33: Obey + Shaka Zulu
33: OXY 2Jar + enjoiful
33: Turok + JeezImSoBored
33: Oats + MindAssassin
33: Curt + Roku
33: MagnaDX + Cuk

Singles Bracket (146 total entrants, 48 man bracket)-

http://challonge.com/ArcadianSingles

1: Lil Fumi
2: LeeLand
3: Obey
4: Khepri
5: OXY_TheCrimsonBlur
5: Combofest
7: Squid
7: Bardull
9: JoeJoe
9: DTR
9: Lanstar
9: Sergio
13: Boss
13: OXY_DendyPretendy
13: Russell
13: Zen
17: EastCoastJeff
17: MikeHaze
17: Sherigami
17: PikaZoo
17: Max
17: DanteFox
17: WhatIsFear
17: Nawnscents
25: Morb
25: OXY_PracticeMan
25: Group Ilija
25: Strain
25: Manatee
25: Apollo
25: F1SHY
25: HD Bryan
33: Peligro
33: Azn_Lep
33: Datsun
33: Sunny
33: TearBear
33: RadicalDreamer
33: OMGBats
33: Zio
33: Dunk
33: Justin
33: OXY_Wieners
33: A1
33: Nicko
33: Stud Muffin
33: GB
33: Deth

Crews Bracket (8 crews of 8, 64 entrants)-

http://challonge.com/ArcadianCrews

1: Team Sung / Team Westballz
3: Team Lil Fumi
3: Team MikeHaze
5: Team Dendy
5: Team Squid
5: Team Nips
5: Team Sherigami

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
wow what happened sherigami!!!

lame, i didnt see, nevertheless get to play, lil fumi all day

unexpected results

ill do shoutouts l8r

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Looks like this was a HUGE success! Great work Arian and company. One of the gutsiest Melee tournament formats in recent memory.

cablepuff2

Smash Rookie
So i only join teams. Good thing is 2003 tactics with Marth still works in teams.

Dyel and Groupilla: Good job guys, i got wreck by trying to di out of forward tilt but end up landing in the down smash on battlefield.
Lobo and Chroma: You guys almost the come back on Yoshi story.

Sung: Good job carrying, i was going to attempt to save you with marth 2 times but i realize i might kill you and me at the same time but jumping off and forward airing you. Also now that i think about it we should have gone Marth + Fox in game 3.

To the people that i play friendlies with (sorry if i can't remember your name).
a.) My Sheik was the one getting wreck by foxes.
b.) I play some Zelda with my Jigglypuff on dreamland. Didn't know how to rest out of shield, so didn't bother trying.

Overall pretty fun tourney.

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
Major props to Team OXY for working so hard to make this tournament happen! It's ridiculous to see 100+ people at a local and it really shows how alive and strong Melee is.

Hope y'all enjoyed San Diego coming out. We really rocked it with good representation in singles bracket as well as taking 1st and 2nd :D

Good games everyone it was fun to see everyone again and/or meet you all!

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Oh my god, Super Arcade was PACKED. At one point it was pretty much packed at both entrances and near impossible to get in...I'm glad Arcadian is only happening once a year LOL.

Too many shoutouts, and I've got hella studying to do, so F that LOL. But I will say that SD is mad underrepresented at most events but has a lot of good players that I didn't know about...kinda annoyed I didn't get a chance to play against the rest of them but I definitely want to the next time around.

GGs!

LLDL

Smash Hero
My mind is having trouble wrapping around the fact that there are all these consistent 100 man tournaments one week after the other in like every region except tristate

Sizzle

I paint controllers
I'm speaking solely as a spectator of this event via the livestream. I was really excited to hear my boys from SD were coming in full force, so I was really hyped. They did not disappoint and represented big time.
Needless to say, this event was the most ambitious tournament possibly ever attempted in Socal, and for all intents and purposes it lived up to the hype. It seemed like everyone was having an awesome time, and the place was packed and had a HUGE turnout. I was really sad I'm out of state and couldn't attend.

I think the biggest gripe that many of the online spectators had was the mismanagement of the stream. As far as I'm concerned, Singles was the premier event of this tournament, yet there was so little of the singles bracket being played on stream. As far as the players and attendees of the event, I'm sure crews was a blast and super hype. But the combination of the lower level play and the lack of enthusiasm by the casters made it anti-hype. I was really happy to hear Pat (Azn_Lep) come onto the mic with Connor and give the prior commentators a much needed break. They were able to add positive commentary and a little bit of background onto the players, many of them from SD. At an event like this, the commentators also need to be having fun, and it was obvious that they were often bored and it gave the stream a really negative vibe.

Doubles was very ambitious, and it showed by the time it took to have each player individually ranked and matched up. Yet, it was impossible to rank each player well considering the nature of the large attendance. Furthermore, some teams were allowed to continue even though they were obviously not meant to be together. Leeland and Pat are both A tier players as far as I'm concerned, and even P and Studmuffin were an AB pairing in my opinion. I understand the idea of having a top player try and "carry" a lower player, and that is pretty fun in theory, but it was a bit too much this time around. Frankly speaking, I think Arcadian should be non ranked players only. Teams like Nips/RC or Zen/Fumi would have been really fun to watch, but weren't allowed to come together. Isn't the idea of Arcadian to see the nonranked teams that are up and comers as well?

I think Crews was fun, but it was obvious it was taking a lot of time and hogged the stream. I think the grand finals should have just split before it even started, and that was the eventual turnout anyway. Give the Arcadian players who made the bracket their chance to shine on stream. By the end of it, half the stream seemed to just be checking the challonge bracket, and using the twitch chat as a place to congregate and chat about starcraft, presidents, and whatever other tangent the bored casters went off on.

This is just one man's opinion of an obviously difficult to run tournament with unexpectedly large attendance, new ideas, and events. I was up watching until 5am and I loved every minute of it. I was so excited for Arcadian all week, and I was especially happy to see Santi and Leeland take places 1 and 2. I think we all learned a lot about the Arcadian style of tournament this time, and I have no doubts that the next one will still be hype. Team OXY did a great job in pulling 130+ members of the community together, and I applaud you and all the players for sticking it out and competing despite the hiccups.

WHA?

Smash Ace
How many top seeds have to go before bracket????
i know joe n tapez, n nips n rc had to go early, any others?

Yall SD mofos are good and messed up some pools cause you arent known but are damn gooood. Not complaining, should be happy about it.

Also, the top right section of the venue could've been better arranged but it would mean blocking some games like the guitar game. Does the venue request that you not block off games????

Lastly, we would have definitely died if there were a fire or emergency.

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
I haven't done shoutouts for years, let alone logged into smashboards.

It was awesome seeing all of the old school players, as well as the many friends I've made over the years. the way this game keeps bringing people together regardless of situation/circumstance is quite incredible really. i'm only leaving shoutouts to people i don't talk to regularly, cuz odds are i've already talked to you post tournament if i do.

okami: i had fun playing friendlies at the start of the day. it really showed me where the current level of the game is.
2jar: nice meeting you and playing your luigi. save your misfires for tournament though!
pelvis: solid falco. find people to play with!
thebigOPness: play ness!
dunk: wish i had time to play you more. you were better than i anticipated.

pikazoo: nice job winning our pool!
A1: close matches. you have a solid crew so i'm sure you'll be even better the next time we play.

apollo: close matches as well! edged me out with dat fox. SD too stronk.
peligro: another close match. whoever said 'that ganon doesn't know what he's doing' made me laugh.
bryan (sick): of course we would have to play in bracket after we were talking earlier right? work on that sheik and ganon will be ezpz for you.
bardull: i'm glad you made it far in the tournament. i hate marth, but you seem like a nice guy :)
dtr: awesome placement dude. you don't have much experience, but you are quickly improving.

edreese/wolf/mike y/azn_lep(Pat) : awesome seeing you guys. the old school will rise once again ;)
dodger: the year is 2013. you have proven your character loyalty :p time to build up a reliable secondary to eventually surpass kirby
kira: nice catching up with you. hopefully i see you sooner than 6+ months the next time.
jkun: let me know if you transfer to csuf. we can hang out!

everyone else: i most likely enjoyed your presence as well. except for the guy who had meningitis. that was the most alarming TO announcement i've ever heard LOL.

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
|||||||||| REFLECT ||||||||||

Ups and downs, it was really fun overall. Obviously there were a lot of problems.

If we were going to do pro-AM shoulda just stuck with the original plan, and just make people not into skill groups but just do our best on trying to give em a skill number and just go from highest skill paired with lowest at random (no requests). So it was insanely stupid that there was hardly a balance across the board because of the requests and ended up with having teams that were both so far behind in skill. We wanted to have this event cater to the really low levels but it didn't at all so it was a failure in my book. Sorry TheRogueTwinkie (and probably many others), while the requests were going on, I knew that some people were going to have to get the bad end of the stick.

Crews. Still think we shouldn't have had any ranked players. Way too imbalanced, there's no way anyone should be able to 4 stock Zeo/Max in these crews. And the stream would be more into it since it wouldn't seem like the captains are just carrying.

I know everyone has been going on about the main problems. But the biggest time sinks = 1. the whole doubles signups/requests/etc 2. drafting crews (which slowed down pools/crews)

So we know that there were problems and ending at 3 AM is 100% avoidable. Not going to take the same path next time.

|||||||||| HELPERS ||||||||||

SFS_Dayman - I was gettin real stressed. Thanks for holdin the bracket fort down! I'll definitely have to repay the favor. Always love seein ya around at tournaments.

OXY_Wieners - Felt bad but thanks so much. Wait, I thought you beat F1shy? Sorry I couldn't go around watching your matches exclusively. Next time we meet, we'll train!!!

OXY_JeezImSoBored - Feels like it's been forever, thanks for helpin me with the tape stuff. We definitely need to hang out this winter break! Need to unleash my inner masochist with something similar to that BASS.EXE battle.

OXY_2Jar - Too good man. Thanks for always helping out at every tournament. And ya almost had my first stock in crews O.O that woulda been hero status for sure LOL. Thanks for always showin up to tourneys too it's always a pleasure having you around.

OXY_DendyPretendy - Your help while teams were goin on is much appreciated. Looks like we got a lot of levelin up to do. Love ya man.

~I know some people asked if they could help out with anything too. Thank you guys from the bottom of my heart. I want all of yall to be godlike soon!!!

|||||||||| DOUBLES ||||||||||

Sorry CablePuff2 (Chun), I didn't give nearly enough attention to doubles since I was running it and I freakin lost my controller. Even though I told you communication was key I really didn't do anything about it. If you have a facebook, add me Sung Hyun Lee! Or just msg me on smashboards and we can have a convo. You were a lot better than I thought for someone who says they only play free for alls haha!

|||||||||| CREWS ||||||||||

Couldn't have asked for a more awesome team! We all wanted it so bad I could feel it. I put my absolute trust in my team. I can honestly say I couldn't have done half of what I did without you guys. Hecka proud of the way yall were playin outta your minds.

Team SUNG

RapidRage - How the fudge did you have the presence of mind to meteor cancel that suicide stomp by Zen omfg I literally would have never done that ever in my life #betterthansquidagainstzeo and your knowledge of good stages/counterpicks and stuff were right on the money. 2 smart 2 skilled

Turok - You're totally a bait luring Marth. Those AC FF nairs into dashes were gettin everyone and their mothers lol. You could take your game way further though. Delayed fair/nair/uair into dash through/dash away is godlike. Glad you were on my team and tasted victory.

CUK - Never seen someone make so much out of so little. Taking two stocks off Dante was clutch as heck. You did good man. Oh and ya gotta be careful about recovering against foxes with dj fair (cause of shield -> shine spike). Your timing is always slightly off when you try to go for u airs as they're recovering, have confidence in your abilities/reads and be as reactive as possible : ]

Skeeter - YES. YES. YES. NO. YES. NO. YES. Your intuition is insaaaane. Advice is top notch. I had to consult with you about everything hahaha. Ya had some moments but I want your whole match to be moments!

Combofest - 10stockopening. Well played. You knew you were in the money when you joined Team Sung. Cept you aren't so good at converting into guaranteed knees. Good stuff owning Squid LOL. You're awesome man.

Zeo - Lol double falcon 18 stocks. Soooooooo good. Don't even sweat against wes lol it was prime time, hard facin him with all that pressure on your back. *Ahem* ;) You did mad work, glad you were a part of my delicious crew. Can't believe you went for that d throw dair on Squid. We're definitely hangin out winter break!

F1SHY - AKA PETERTHEKILLER unleashed that BEAST in the last crew battle. You were mindgaming even me when I was watchin. Your tech punishes were great, your baits were amazing, and it seemed like you were fairly composed the whole time. F1shy4president.

~Seriously though, yall are awesome.

Team Squid - Tell me. Just tell me what was goin through your mind when Combo owned Lobo and continued to go HAM with ZEO. I ADMIT! Ya had me slightly shook near the end there. Maybe one millimeter. "YOU'RE SO SILENT NOW SUNG!" LOOOL. Yall were definitely bringin it back a bit. I'm sorry, but those Chokami chants were really hittin my funny bone. GGS yall!

Team Lil Fumi (AKA Team SD haha) - Valiant effort. But I took the best SD playa Turok! Good showin yall, takin out team Dendy hardly breakin a sweat? That's how I felt with this one ;) we didn't even use our anchor Zeo. Fun games!

Team Wes - Battle of the best captains obviously! I was savin both Combofest and Zeo for Sergio, wouldn't let em in no matter what. Definitely the closest battle. We were goin pretty much even the whole way through. But we won because we have the power of friendship. Not because my drafting skills are godlike, not because F1shy was goin ham, not because of Skeeters co-captaining awesomeness, but friendship. GGS!

|||||||||| OTHERS ||||||||||

OXY_TheCrimsonBlur - Thanks for all the help and runnin this thing. Ya did pretty well but there's still that gap I feel like. Hope ya had an awesome time man.

OkamiBW - I might just have to go back to Sheik :X So inspirational. We'll definitely play on Friday... maybe the Friday 3 weeks from now I'll let ya know!

SD - Thanks for comin up! Sorry yall had to drive back so late. We'll be making a lot of changes. Lil Fumi, you're mad good, hope we'll see ya within a year again :] Zen your falcon is amazing it's so weird but super fast. PikaZoo thanks for coming all the time you're incredible man and I hope you can make the experience even more enjoyable for yourself. Leeland ya played well, I think Fly would be proud of some of those jab grabs.

SB - Thanks for comin down! Yall are seriously all awesome. Seriously.

Fresno/Cencal - Thanks for comin! Dunk and that one other guy I forgot who his name was but was the personal cheerleader for Obey aka TheMayorOfGimpCity - I have yet to see ONE gimp, but I guess that's why ya changed your tag. You were goin IN on this tournament. Impressive. Very impressive.

Studmuffin - I've learned the ways of pkmn. Very chill guy. Hope you do a full days work at the next tourney!

Khepri - Hmm, sheik lol. Didn't think you'd need that practice for this tournament. Not bad man but I did expect you to get top 3 though. I'm just glad you came and stayed.

Manatee - Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it. Love seein ya and Peligro around.

OXY_PracticeMan - Thanks for helpin out when ya could. Was your experience dreamy? Too many people to hang out with this winter break O.O

Bardull - I heard about you vs Khepri. I got mad respect for your drive to win. You're so close. Can you taste it?

Jackpot - Good break. Utilize the cosmic energies and destroy some unsuspecting rankers.

Thanks to everyone who came. GGs to all I saw a lot of awesome sets. Hope yall had fun cause I know I did.

cablepuff2

Smash Rookie
Sung: It is ok. I play 98 percent free for all (mostly). I stop playing entirely for 4 years. And now I probably only play for like 3 hours once every month (free for all mostly, a little bit of team, but almost no 1 on 1) .
I did play a few amount of sheik dittos with Alex (DSF) and Gus (Tavo) 8+ years ago in like 3 different smash fest.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
shoutouts:

ryan/studmuffin: teams is the main event for me. if it wasn't for unexpectedly getting the opportunity to team with you, i would have had a miserable experience. A+ would do again

in response to a preceding post’s sentiments about us being too good to team together: well, I don’t necessarily disagree. but I can guarantee you that our team fully embodied the spirit of what an ideal proam experience would be.

First of all – and this is most important for me – ryan is the homie. I will only speak for myself, but I feel a connection – spiritual, vibrational, harmonic, however you’d like to define it -- with him that I feel with not only very few other smashers, but very few other people.

and as far as the whole “I suck at teams and dunno how to get better” thing… I wouldn’t call myself an authority on teams. but I have a clearly defined focus and prioriotize teamwork, and I think I was able to effectively – tactfully and pointedly – guide ryan as a teammate (even if I did raise my voice once! Sorry =P)

our team happened spontaneously. Ryan told me the TOs allowed us to team, so I excitedly signed up. We then practiced on stream for the next hour. It was only right before teams was to start that arian (crimson) said we couldn’t team, which I then hotly protested, cuz we had literally practiced under the pretense of teaming. He thankfully acquiesced.

ben: dun think u read smashboards, but i dunno why it didn't cross my mind to team with you. Weird that it didn’t come up at all even right after we just teamed. why didn't you suggest it? we coulda got 1st imo

dante/dendy/joey/everyone i talked about mming with but didn't do it: next time ima be more adamant about finding a setup and doing a MM right on the spot. if we dont do it immediately we just never get around to it.

clayton: hope ur friend is ok

combofest/spark: ggs. ryan, i take full blame. falcon is my best matchup :(

That doesn’t mean I didn’t play well, though. I was playing fine. You guys (no idea who was who) were baiting some of my worst habits (dat roll!) and, most importantly, punishing hard. looking forward to playing you guys again one day

I’ll continue to evolve.

pat/leeland: i <3 healthful smashers. dun remember many details about our teams set, but i feel like i played well. dat fly practice. wish i played u 1v1 leeland; let's money match for $5.

Mike: nothing specific to say, just a positive energy thumbs up!

Sacasumoto/alan: sorry for sandbagging in the mm, it’s not like I tried to. I feel like sheik is one of my best matchups, but that confidence makes me complacent sometimes.

Your biggest weakness by far is a weak punish game. In particular if I were you I would focus on your edge guarding. You are waaaay too passive once you have me off stage.

The way I view edge guarding is a 3-step process, in order of priority:

1. protect the ledge.
2. watch for high recovery
3. force low recovery

don’t allow your opponent to grab the ledge for free. Ever ever ever. Even if you don’t know what you should be doing next, always ledge hog before them or throw an aerial needle to protect it.

V fox specifically, no. 1 priority is guarding against insta forward b. answer: needle

In general whenever you knock fox off the stage with an at or below parallel trajectory, you should always time a needle to prevent him from double jumping above parallel.

whenever sheik has fox recovering below the stage, she can a) needle again and/or b) bair. get fox there and the rest is ezpz

No. 2 is the toughest because it requires the quickest reaction time. But by throwing needles to protect ledge/parallel, you polarize my recovery options and simplify your decision making.

The only way to completely punish fox double jumping and firefoxing is to go out there and hit me. Jump and fair me. If I am too far to fair, then jump, turnaround needle cancel, bair.

If jumping out is not advisable, revert to no. 1: protect ledge. react from there

Hope that helps ^.^

Nario: <3

Squid: money match me $5 fox v falco :D

Bryan: <3333. But dayumn boyeee you got carried in teams!

Sergio: are you foolish enough to money match my fox? =P I am the rare fox who loves playing v peach, was hoping we’d run into u guys in tournament

Peligro/chris: ayo good ****! The above applies to u too =P

Jordan: <3

Jocelyn: <3

Mccain/connor: dang bros maybe u wanna hop off the mic once in a while and let someone else commentate?

Arian/crimson: thanks for hosting/organizing and all that jazz. I’m assuming you feel like **** with how terribly run the tourney was, so I won’t rehash that. That said, some kind of admittance of fault would be a good look. I personally don’t care because of XYZ, but I wasn’t your target audience.

Yeah, you ****ed up a lil. Blah blah blah big deal; the good far outweighs the bad. Like it or not you’re now one of the leaders of the socal community, and admitting fault is one of the most inspiring things one can do

LittleFumi

Smash Journeyman
Shout outs. sorry i did not mention everyone, everyone deserved one but i am too lazy to type everything up.

Ken: Thank you so much for driving me and waiting the whole tournament for me to finish. i know it lasted long so i appreciate you sticking around.

Zen/Apollo: Great seeing you guys again, i wish i could have teamed with one of you guys but we will save that until the next tournament.

combofest: you have improved alot since i last saw you which was at winter gamefest. we didnt get to play but i was impressed with by your falcon.

hairy nips and r sizzle: sucks you guys had to leave, i heard alot of great things about both of your games but i look forward to playing you guys in the future.

Leeland: you did such an amazing job in this tournament. you represented SD really well and you beat alot of good players to make it to grandfinals. we finally got to play and your ice climbers were really good. No one mentioned you or thought of you as a favorite to win (because they didnt know of you) but you definitely proved everyone wrong and showed your abilities.

Obey: I thought you were extremely good with so many characters. i would say my set against you in winners semis was the toughest set i played all tournament. Before this tournament i had never heard of you but i knew their would be some great players showing up who i never had heard of. You earned everyones respect and i was actually expecting to play you again in grand finals.

Sung: you are an extremely good and smart player. I definitely think you should be ranked higher but you dont need me to tell you that because i know
that you know you can be too and can compete with anyone in socal.

Jojo: you have a great sheik and it was fun playing you in friendlies and in tournament. you play me really tough and you are a smart player with tricky movement. look forward to playing you again sometime.

Dtr: you were also a great sheik player and im glad you had a good tournament. you also gave a tough match and i told you that you could place well and compete with anyone in this tournament.

EC Jeff: You joined Ucsd as i left so i never got to play you until yesterday but you very good and im glad to see how many solid players san diego has. it was a pleasure to have you on my crew and you did really well in the tournament. It was unfortunate how you lost since you had that match won but it happens to everyone at some point.

Max: Your marth is really good and you have improved so much so quickly. You were also a great addition to my crew. keep up the good work because you have alot of skills.

Turok: Your marth has improved as well, it was fun playing you in friendlies. I appreciate you asking me for advice, i am sorry i couldnt give you a great answer but that is only because i dont know whats missing from your game yet. The more i play you, maybe i could tell you what i notice but you have a great marth game and are a good player.

Crimson blur: great job at the tourny, your marth has improved so much. i know you really wanted to win this tournament but you should stilll be proud of your accomplishments. you seemed to be frustrated against leeland but there is no shame in losing to him, he is a great player and ice climbers are always tough. Goodluck to you in future tournaments.

GNT: Great seeing you again and way to bring us back in crews! you had the best combo of the night and you were a great asset to our team.

To my crew: Every one of you did an incredible job. i feel like we had a strong team and definitely had a chance to win it all but i take all the blame for losing to sungs team. it was my fault i was not able to beat him but he is simply a better player than i am. the mistake i made was sending max in to play him instead of zen. I knew marth vs. sheik was not a good match up but zen really did not want to play sung so i respected my friends opinion instead of doing what was best for the team. however, i never expected that max would get 4 stocked because i had alot of confidence in his marth and he did do a good job but sung is just a very good player and is very difficult to hit. Zen i know you dont like playing sheiks but you did an amazing job against sung.

Lastly, to everyone from SD and even many players from L.A such as connor: Thank you for all the support and belief in me.I did my best to win this tournament for all of you guys and im glad i did not dissapoint and was able to take first in singles for San Diego.

$ick

Smash Lord
shoutouts:

Bryan: <3333. But dayumn boyeee you got carried in teams!
Meh, rewatch our games that were on stream dude. Sergio always carries me in teams, but it's because we have an agreement. He does the hard work, I just back air all day. Good stuff on the greenary sir. Hopefully we can get something of a similar nature going in the future. Except this time I'll add another kind of green to my possession, your money foo!

Brian, I was glad to play you in tourny, brings back the '06 days when I lost to you and got that pathetic mario stuffed animal and you got cash. haha. Hope to see you again man.
Ryan, good times good times. Our car crew is getting bigger and bigger each tournament. Someone is gonna need to bring a van next time. 'Til next time dude.
Boss, so glad you ended up in our rotation and not the buster SD one. haha
Jeremiah, It's ok you didn't win. <3
Khepri, 4th? Niiiiice. Where do you live?
MikeHaaaaaze, our pool matches were so gawd dayum close. GGs man, funnest set of my whole day. Appreciate the vote in confidence :D
San Diego, ****, you're all amazing at this game. And also all brown buff dudes. Something in the water? Hope to see and play with you cats again soon.
(Sergio + Nghia, if you guys read these tell me someday so I can get all super gay on these shout outs and show the world how much I love ya'll. HD fa life.)

Thanks for hosting as always daBlurrr/Sung. Haters gonna hate, I had a darn good time. :)

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Oxy team: It's always good seeing you guys again. I'll try my hardest to make it down to KoC3. If it makes you guys feel better I didn't mind how long it took because that meant more friendlies for me, rofl. Hope you find your controller, Sung. Crimson, good job getting 5th.

Crews: Nips, thanks for believing in me and picking me for the crew. It was pretty fun, though I still think I should have taken more stocks, loool.

My pool: Screw you all. I'm destroying all of you all next time we play. It was a great time though because I dont think I've played like any of you guys before this, except maybe F1shy. (who did great)

Tapez: Soooooooorrry. My bad, LOL.
PS: Peligro and ECJeff are a broken ass team for Arcadian, just like I said, haha.

Ben: Thanks for housing me! I hope I didn't scare your roommate, lol. Hope you get some good feedback about your hacking guide.

A.Hills.Finest

Smash Journeyman
havent done one of these ina while..quick shoutouts..

Squid: Hes a maaaaniac!" Good showing dawg... dat Flacco practice is paying off

Pikazoo: We were murdering with the double falcons lol, we got kinda lazy at some points tho.. We might have to run it back we had some chemistry (no homo)

Max: Dunno if u post here, but that marth is too real... Make people play at your pace and they're in trouble..

Nhyte?: NIce job in the pools, dunno how u did in the bracket, I think u need to play more peaches tho?

Roku - U need to use more nairs and mindgames when recovering with peach... also im gonna show you how to float much lower... You got natural momentum with peach now u just need to learn all her secrets and ur gonna upset people...

Rokus homie (forgot your name) Zelda can work, but you need a secondary... If you wanna stick with her tho we're gonna have to learn you some more secrets, or a shiek at least?

Ice Climber dude in my pool - Forgot your name too dude lol, I think I shoulda stayed flacco against you... Just like A1... once I saw the grab combos I got intimidated cause I don't play ANY IC's... I got somethin for ya next time tho (:

Combofest: I just remember you ***** me... LOL..... I got scared so I went falcon vs you cause he used to be my main long ago, but my flacco woulda done better...

Nikon Niko? you beat my Falcon too, then I kept winning the friendles lol.... -____- shoulda just went wih Flacco LOL

Nips: Feels like ive known u before I met u lol.. And of course u play a manly character... Your movement was so gahdlike.. literally gave me back faith in falcon... You were he Hero our tv deserved.. you liberated us from the tyranny of Max LOL... I know ur gonna do gr8 things with falcon bro.

Other flacco guy who trains with squid and nips?(you money matched P) Im just shouting you out cause you play flacco, and I see you shining (no pun intended)

Shiek player who had 7 min matches vs Max's Marth... You're a smart player, you prolly just dont play enough Marths? I could see you beasting that matchup.

P: I think you need to feel yourself more, and upgrade your ****talk... You're hella knowledgable about the game and always helping people out, you literally are nothing like how I imagined u from he shroomed vs p vids LOL... We need to play together more, great things will come.

Ken - Dope says Hi, lol

Kephri - I hella remember you now! I think u played against Dope last time I was aware? Glad to see you still holding down that flacco, and seems ur a feared spacie in the community... Good **** mang, we will play more..

Link guy - Forgot your name, but you were hella chill, watch some vids of J666 and he will boost your confidence for link... You can make him work, practice makes perfect

Fumi - Im salty cause I know we should have just jumped you in the entire teams match haha... Your fox is deadly tho, good **** to you, I always assumed you were from japan cause you're so good LOL

Westballz - U smell that? LOL

Crimson - Thnx for puting on a big ass tourney, take the criticism positively and the next one will be even better, dunno how you did in tourney but im sure it wasnt bad..

Ima edit this sorry if I forgot anyone lots of new faces.

Top Bottom