• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I honestly don't feel that bad about Krystal because:

1. Wolf bit the dust so that means she has no real competition for the next game.
2. Dixie went down too so at least she wasn't the only major girl character that didn't make it.
3. A new Star Fox is still in the works and she'll likely be back sometime next year.

If anything, this turn of events made it that much easier for her to show up in the next game.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I honestly don't feel that bad about Krystal because:

1. Wolf bit the dust so that means she has no real competition for the next game.
2. Dixie went down too so at least she wasn't the only major girl character that didn't make it.
3. A new Star Fox is still in the works and she'll likely be back sometime next year.

If anything, this turn of events made it that much easier for her to show up in the next game.
And this is why most Krystal fans are ignored by the Star Fox community :facepalm: Why would you want wolf cut?....

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
And this is why most Krystal fans are ignored by the Star Fox community :facepalm: Why would you want wolf cut?....
Did we say we wanted him cut? Honestly, throughout the most recent posts some Krystal supporters even stated they'd rather keep wolf! We wanted 4 rep's, not 3 (Or the horrifying 2 if the Wii U doesn't have the other 5!).

All that has been implied is that, in the case wolf has indeed been cut, the next character with the highest odds of being the replacement third rep for the Star Fox series would have most likely be Krystal. Don't jump to conclusions about the "Krystal fans", we didn't hate wolf and I too was sad to see him go. He honestly was the only Star Fox character in Brawl I played, and I liked his style.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Did we say we wanted him cut? Honestly, throughout the most recent posts some Krystal supporters even stated they'd rather keep wolf! We wanted 4 rep's, not 3 (Or the horrifying 2 if the Wii U doesn't have the other 5!).

All that has been implied is that, in the case wolf has indeed been cut, the next character with the highest odds of being the replacement third rep for the Star Fox series would have most likely be Krystal. Don't jump to conclusions about the "Krystal fans", we didn't hate wolf and I too was sad to see him go. He honestly was the only Star Fox character in Brawl I played, and I liked his style.
As a Krystal fan and Wolf fan Ive seen a ton of neutrality from this thread about wolf and it disturbs me as a starfox fan. I agree tho the last few posts have been saying how they are sad wolf is gone, Im just saying I hate the idea that someone doesnt like a key character to the franchise and likes another.

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
As a Krystal fan and Wolf fan Ive seen a ton of neutrality from this thread about wolf and it disturbs me as a starfox fan. I agree tho the last few posts have been saying how they are sad wolf is gone, Im just saying I hate the idea that someone doesnt like a key character to the franchise and likes another.
While I do think wolf is awesome, I'll admit everyone has their own opinions. Some people can like/dislike certain characters within the Star Fox series. For example, I find Slippy very useless and annoying (To the point of comical, which I'm unsure if that's his characters goal?).

I'll also admit my hopes were raised a bit about Krystal's chance for inclusion when I heard Wolf may have not made it back (initially). This can be said as a natural reaction for any fan base though (Dixie vs. King K. Rool, for example, but they are pretty cutthroat about it), but I still felt as though Wolf should have been in anyways. He's one of the most memorable adversaries/rivalry type characters I've seen from any game series to date.

I hope he comes back, and without seeming greedy I also hope Krystal is included in the future! With a new Star Fox game to generate hype for this next coming year, four rep's in a game which has prioritized rep's with the intention of sales doesn't sound to far'fetched.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
While I do think wolf is awesome, I'll admit everyone has their own opinions. Some people can like/dislike certain characters within the Star Fox series. For example, I find Slippy very useless and annoying (To the point of comical, which I'm unsure if that's his characters goal?).

I'll also admit my hopes were raised a bit about Krystal's chance for inclusion when I heard Wolf may have not made it back (initially). This can be said as a natural reaction for any fan base though (Dixie vs. King K. Rool, for example, but they are pretty cutthroat about it), but I still felt as though Wolf should have been in anyways. He's one of the most memorable adversaries/rivalry type characters I've seen from any game series to date.

I hope he comes back, and without seeming greedy I also hope Krystal is included in the future! With a new Star Fox game to generate hype for this next coming year, four rep's in a game which has prioritized rep's with the intention of sales doesn't sound to far'fetched.
And yes your supposed to comically hate Slippy.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I didn't say I wanted him cut but I honestly couldn't care less about him. As Chainsofdusk said, it's all just a matter of opinion. Though, to Wolf's credit, I can easily see him becoming the new Roy and a ton of demand for him to return for the next game.

RingoStarr999

Smash Rookie
Well a star fox character is added each game,sakurai has hinted at krystal,no-one wants slippy or Leon,and krystal is highly wanted so you high or drunk?
Heh

Looks like I was right. And Wolf was cut so if any Star Fox character was DLC it would be him.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Still not officially over yet
It pretty much is man, the roster is complete on the 3DS. Again, until we get a confirmation on DLC or more Wii U features that have to do with new characters, its over.

Denial is the first stage...

Last edited by a moderator:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
A big thank you to Tillie for making that category, I wasn't aware you could make groups such as these, it would have been preferable to our 11-limited-person conversation, lol ! Still, I had a lot of fun coming to this thread. People were saying bad things about Krystal supporters during the Brawl era, so I was cautious at first.

But you were all fun, wonderful, and really interesting people. I am very glad to have met so many of you Krystal lovers.

Hopefully, the thread isn't locked too soon...

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Last thing I'll say on this thread:

If the marketing theory, in any of its many forms, doesn't pan out...

I will admit to have seen a great marketing opportunity that Nintendo didn't. Tsk tsk...

Thanks for all the conversation guys, you're all the best. I sincerely mean this. However, I don't think I'll be around when the next Smash comes about (if it does). I'll be in my 30's, more focused on my profession by that time!

Sorry Sakurai, it seems you missed your opportunity to aid in turning the negative opinion around that many people had about the Star Fox characters in Smash Brothers (regarding all the "clone" nonsense).

S.S. Viva la Vindication has struck an iceberg.

Peace.

Last edited:

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
A big thank you to Tillie for making that category, I wasn't aware you could make groups such as these, it would have been preferable to our 11-limited-person conversation, lol ! Still, I had a lot of fun coming to this thread. People were saying bad things about Krystal supporters during the Brawl era, so I was cautious at first.

But you were all fun, wonderful, and really interesting people. I am very glad to have met so many of you Krystal lovers.

We'll have to wait and see what happens from here on out. Still anxious to see when are we going to hear a release date for the Wii U version.

D

Deleted member

Well, thread is gonna locked later tonight so what better way to end this with this simple image of a game that not too many fans liked

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I didn't say I wanted him cut but I honestly couldn't care less about him. As Chainsofdusk said, it's all just a matter of opinion. Though, to Wolf's credit, I can easily see him becoming the new Roy and a ton of demand for him to return for the next game.
Except Wolf isn't a one time character in a massive series like Roy. I mean, Wolf really does have a better shot IMO than Roy.

Personally, I'm growing out of video games, or at least refining my tastes and time that I use them. So, I really hoped she would be in this one in case I don't play another one. Ah well.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace

I couldn't call myself a Krystal lover. I was a secret closet fan of Star Fox, Krystal specifically since I remember watching my friend play SFA. Fox Krystal & General Scales were in my wishlist to be in Brawl's roster at that time.

But yeah you too. Including everyone else who are prime Krystal supporters having passion to this level. My level is maybe 1/2 (decent pun) everyone's, yet for the very short time I took part in, I remember posting something for the first time here & was accepted so warmly. So my going-away words if the thread will indeed go idle until good progressing news towards Krystal becoming relevant again, here's to every Krystal supporter doing what they did best:

~Thanks for Loving~

Last edited:

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Last thing I'll say on this thread:

If the marketing theory, in any of its many forms, doesn't pan out...

I will admit to have seen a great marketing opportunity that Nintendo didn't. Tsk tsk...

Thanks for all the conversation guys, you're all the best. I sincerely mean this. However, I don't think I'll be around when the next Smash comes about (if it does). I'll be in my 30's, more focused on my profession by that time!

Sorry Sakurai, it seems you missed your opportunity to aid in turning the negative opinion around that many people had about the Star Fox characters in Smash Brothers (regarding all the "clone" nonsense).

S.S. Viva la Vindication has struck an iceberg.

Peace.
i had no idea you were in your mid twenties :/

D

Deleted member

Seriously what if Nintendo does the marketing theory or Krystal is DLC, will this thread reopen?
This section of the boards will be closed and archived 24 hours after the initial Japanese release and all characters in-game have been confirmed. It will re-open if/when DLC is officially announced.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Hey Maybe some of us will return if Dlc is announced. I feel like most of us would come back, but the rest will either be off busy with life or just completely lost hope. I'll return here if this thread is unlocked.
Until then See Ya
I'll be in our new thread sometimes.

Last edited:

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Well... its been an interesting ride to say the least. Save for dlc or some odd connectivity (not looking in our favor though) weare pretty much dead. I hope to see you at the very latest in smash 5 or the next starfox game hype train. Until then, good luck in your endeavors. May we meat one day soon again.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Hey Maybe some of us will return if Dlc is announced. I feel like most of us would come back, but the rest will either be off busy with life or just completely lost hope. I'll return here if this thread is unlocked.
Until then See Ya
I'll be in our new thread sometimes.
Yeah. I have a gut feeling we'll get to hear something on DLC down the road. That'll be the one incentive to extend the longevity of SSB4 in some way. BTW, nice Krystal avatar you got there. It's like Optmus Prime would say; "Never give up on your dreams. The future is built on dreams."

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Yeah. I have a gut feeling we'll get to hear something on DLC down the road. That'll be the one incentive to extend the longevity of SSB4 in some way.
Agreed. It seems pretty likely after what's being rolled out for Mario Kart 8.

And I'm not one to give up as long as there's a chance. It wouldn't feel right.

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
Well, thread is gonna locked later tonight so what better way to end this with this simple image of a game that not too many fans liked

I still love that game (as well as every other Starfox game). Here's an ending on there that I drew up a while ago on miiverse (you may have seen it in my signature)

Anyways, I'm not sure if I'll be sticking around l until the next smash (cause that could be 6-7 years) but I'll definitely be around here for a while! It's been great talking to every single one of you guys! I love meeting all these Krystal fans! I'd say we represent the fan base for her very well!

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Now that the game is out....

Has anyone seen the krystal trophy?

Does it match the same one from the leak? I'd like to know what it says if someone has the pic.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Ladies and Gentlemen. We're back.

While we were on vacation, I came up with a rebuttal about what people use against Krystal's Staff only being seen used by fox. I've got some news for you. In Zelda Ocarina of Time, Link, not Zelda used Dins Fire, Nayru's Love, and Farore's Wind.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
I wonder what her new conversations on the Orbital Gate stage will be like.

I bet at least one of them references the Brawl one about her wanting to fight.
Lol however I wonder why they didnt show her....dlc....eh I don't want to speculate

Top Bottom