• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
"expecting too much."
(I like pictures.) Your probably right we were to greedy. Was asking for too much. Sorry Sakurai!
well i kinda thought when ppl were saying that she wasn't disconfirmed because of the trophy thing was a bit silly. I think we can all be good sports about it. But Ridley and Mewtwo fans are taking it worse..... i heard they all plan on having a witch hunt just because their character didn't make it in :/

D

Deleted member

Would anyone be up for a Skype group? Just so we have a way to contact each other once the lights go off, if anything? Or if DLC becomes an option, we could use it as our base of operations.
I may as well be up for it.

D

Deleted member

Well since the character threads are likely going to be locked & archived later tonight, how about we leave a final message before we go?

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Well since the character threads are likely going to be locked & archived later tonight, how about we leave a final message before we go?
Alright. Star fox adventures was the first star fox game I ever played (Followed By Assault then 64.). It is my favorite star fox game actually. I always enjoyed the staff and magic combat of the game and the puzzles which were fun and sometimes could get annoying but I enjoyed the game anyway. Anyway I always saw Krystal as the main focus of it even though you play as fox. It just that thing when you play a character just sorta clicks with you. The environment was great and beautiful. Tricky was cool also and helpful during the game. When i beat adventures I wasn't aware of who the rest of the star fox team was so when I heard she joined the team in assault I was like hey guess she is sticking around. Take it how you will I had to to always save Krystal during assault I would always let Falco get hurt because he's falco he can handle it right? That's all he talked about..Lol I enjoyed star fox 64 as well it was a fun game, but I enjoyed assault more. I haven't played command but I will get it eventually and play it. I'm not too upset about Krystal not being included in the initial roster for I have high hopes for her inclusions someway somehow. I just thought I'd share my experience with the star fox series.

One day...I enjoyed the ideas you guys came up and sharing the excitement with fellow fans. It may not be the end, but for now we still have a little more waiting we can't throw in the towel yet!
Krystal for Super Smash bros!!

Last edited:

Silvuh

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3883-5684-8426
At this point, I'd be very surprised if there won't be DLC. But I doubt it will happen right away, instead using something similar to MK8's DLC schedule. As it's been said that they'll need to do something to keep people interested in the WiiU version, unlocking a set of new characters by linking the versions together seems like the more reasonable thing to do first. Convince people to buy two complete games instead of making it seem like they're releasing an incomplete game and having people spend an extra X dollars past store price to get the whole thing.

Anyway. I was really disappointed at the roster leak, and pretty much vowed not to get a WiiU unless something else happens. (Removing the more-diversified Starfox character without putting in a replacement and instead putting in more clones, etc., nothing that hasn't been said before.) Definitely hopeful for extra content, though. Will probably get the 3DS version and work on finding a new main.

To me, Krystal was the go-to character if Wolf was to be replaced. In response to Tobias's special moves, that was all really neat. Wolf had my favorite blaster, so Krystal waving a fireball out of her staff and giving the staff some knockback is exactly what I was wanting to see. The way you have three directions each be a different element with the Up-B having one of all three definitely works, but it could also possibly be that each direction can be mapped to each element. (I hope this is interesting in place of a critique of your moveset, but you can see how I use some of your ideas. I didn't use the magic gauge gimmick, though it is cool and an interesting way to help balance attacks.)

Putting it in a spoiler tag because it's long.

Fire Attacks: The faster, weaker set of attacks.
B - Fire Shot - Fast attack that can be repeatedly shot by hitting B more times, using the stick to control the angle, long range with no knockback. Not as fast as Fox's blaster. The initial swipe of the staff's knockback and damage would be the same between variants.
Side B - Fire Dash - About half the length of Fox's dash but is meant to be used twice, being able to change directions (or continue forward) with the second dash. Leaves a trail of fire on the ground (that gets stronger and longer-lasting if you double-over) that has no knockback but deals small amounts of damage repeatedly.
Down B - Fire Shower - When used on the ground, Krystal shoots five simultaneous shots upward that fan out, eventually falling due to gravity but fizzling out before reaching the ground. In the air, she shoots below her. Leaves some flames like the Side B attack if the shots reach the ground. These fire shots do have a little knockback.
Up B - Rocket Boost - Long, fast recovery that can be aimed like Lucario's, except with small knockback.

Ice Attacks: More specialized attacks.
B - Ice Shot - Basically your homing blaster: Mid range with small knockback but a little freezing hit-stun to make up for it. Curves toward the nearest enemy instead of being aimable.
Side B - Ice Dance - Same as yours but with the ability to control its movement, but not as long as Ice Climbers' Side B. Short freezing for any character caught in it.
Down B - Snowflake - Summons a randomly-generated snowflake infront of her, basically circular and as tall as she is. The snowflake doesn't dissipate until a bit after Krystal can move again. The snowflake freezes enemies a length inversely proportional to the time the snowflake has been on the stage.
Up B - Ice Wall - Slower with less mobility than the Rocket Boost, but leaves a trail of ice behind her that will damage characters but not freeze them, staying in place a bit before melting. Can also be used along the ground without causing helplessness to spread ice, making characters slide instead of doing damage. Can only have one ice wall on the field at a time.

Earth Attacks: The usage is more limited because the attacks must come from the ground, but it's made up for with stronger knockback and damage.
B - Earth shot - Shorter range but stronger knockback, like Wolf's blaster.
Side B - Fissure - Can only be used on the ground, pulling earth up from infront of her, the rocks getting higher as it reaches the end of its range. A character on the ground will get caught in the fissure and be stuck in the ground for a moment. The rocks give a stronger knockback depending on how far from the ground they are. Can be charged: no charge makes a longer fissure but doesn't pull the earth out very far, a full charge is very short-range but the rocks raise to twice Krystal's height (or something like that.) If used in the air, she swings her staff forward for a little knockback but gasps when no earth is raised (to signal to the player that the attack failed.)
Down B - Quake - If used on the ground, earth is pulled up from both sides of her. If used in the air over the stage, she pulls up a chunk of earth from the ground that gives upward knockback to characters in its path, and Krystal then smashes it for a weaker version of the attack when used on the ground. (I think an inverse of the Kirby Stone sounds pretty cool.) If used over the edge of the stage, she waves her staff down for a little knockback and gasps.
Up B - Magnetism - If used below the stage, Krystal is pulled straight toward the nearest ledge a medium distance. If used on or above the stage, it can be aimed but not curved. She is defenseless during the dash, not causing damage, but if she makes contact with a ledge or the ground during the attack, some earth will burst out to do some damage. Will not cause helplessness but can't be used again until touching the ground.

I imagine the default set would be B: Fire Shot, Side B: Ice Dance, Down B: Quake, Up B: Rocket Boost. The same element assignment you used. Down being Earth just makes sense. The B and Side B could have their default elements switched. Of these Up-B moves, Rocket Boost is the most basic.

La la. Just some fun there. Too bad I only got here so late.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I meant to say -- I actually found this thread a bit ago when I was looking for Krystal references (and the image of different versions of Krystal at a campfire came up) because I wanted to draw her in support of the idea of her in Smash 4. (Haven't gotten around to that drawing yet because I haven't practiced action poses enough.) Whee.

Last edited:

PAPCGyE

Smash Apprentice
Krystal was my second most wanted character for the game.... See you later, maybe on the next smash game speculation.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
So final message....from me.

Like most people my first star fox game was adventures and I did finally beat it a few weeks ago finally but when always restarting the game I was like why was she not playable more. Then I got 64 but shortly later got assault....so I loved assault and krystal was a great character at this point I thought hey why not add her in ssb4 whenever it comes out?
Then I heard news of ssb4 and followed it heavily. Then I found this place I thought alot of people wanted her but I noticed she had tons of hate. And then I came here gave you guys some theories and tryed to get us and the ridley forum together. When the leak hit I was shocked...but then I realized even though she isn't in I've had something to keep me coming back and with this being the end.........skyfall by Adele.....

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
I'll check back for DLC, as unlikely as it is. I don't *think* I want to spend all the money that is needed to get the console and this game. The new characters / cuts aren't personally worth it to me. Hope the Wii U version has better things to offer

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well, this thread may be archived one of these days, so I may as well post while I can.

She'll be coming around the mountain for smash 5.
(That was terrible)

Overall, with the StarFox Renaissance that Miyamoto's doing, I suppose Krystal's a sure addition to Smash 5.

It was fun while it lasted, but I'm outta here.

Till all are one!

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
Well we can just hope for her in DLC

Well if we're saying goodbyes then, I've always been a fan of Starfox. Started playing back on the snes. My favorite is Assault! I'll probably be poking in and out of some other threads on here and still commenting as long as I can here. If you ever want to find me or want to play when smash is released in America, my nnid is my name, I go by it for everthing. It's been great speculating with you guys and I will believe in cities' theory until wii u release. Also if you ever find a way to add more to your guys' conversation I'd love to join! Anyways stay in touch!

Last edited:

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
My money that the missing spots on the current roster are the Wii U exclusives, which can be unlocked via connecting the two gaming devices with wireless. Still not over by a long shot imho, because this gives incentive to purchase the Wii U version. Marketing at its finest, and I have not lost hope for all the characters I wanted including Krystal (Isaac is suspicious atm, missing AT the hell is this?)

D

Deleted member

We could make our own Star Fox group on Smashboards here: http://smashboards.com/social-categories/uncategorized.456/

That way, we won't have to resort to a 3rd party service or whatever such as Skype or Steam.

We could talk about anything Star Fox related 24/7 there! All that matters is...who will make the group. I could maybe do it if nobody else wants to

Last edited by a moderator:

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
We could make our own Star Fox group on Smashboards here: http://smashboards.com/social-categories/uncategorized.456/

That way, we won't have to resort to a 3rd party service or whatever such as Skype or Steam.

We could talk about anything Star Fox related 24/7 there! All that matters is...who will make the group. I could maybe do it if nobody else wants to
that's what I was thinking! just don't know how to make it :/ but I'll definitely join!

P.s smashboards + my phone + my bad internet = bad everything

Last edited:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
Welp since it seems the threads are going to be locked and archived soon I might as well say my goodbyes. I'm sad Krystal didn't make it but for me anyway this game isn't disappointing can't wait till it comes out.

Krystal may not be in as of now, but trust me she's got a major chance for DLC at the very least. I don't see why Nintendo wouldn't do DLC for Smash and if Mario Kart 8's DLC is anything to go by then we will be just fine.

Hope to see you guys again when DLC finally comes for her or if worse comes to worse the next Smash Bros for whatever system they think of next. I doubt we will have to wait THAT long though. :)

Guess I'll have to change my signature one last time.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I wonder what cities will have to say about this, i'd say he should get the final word.

Sucks that a character with so much potential is ignored and we get 3 clones that dont even matter. Idk, I hope there's DLC or something, final roster seems eh. I hope this isnt final and DLC is happening.

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
I wonder what cities will have to say about this, i'd say he should get the final word.

Sucks that a character with so much potential is ignored and we get 3 clones that dont even matter. Idk, I hope there's DLC or something, final roster seems eh. I hope this isnt final and DLC is happening.
He's banking on a couple of theories, most of which include the likelihood of DLC or the 5 remaining character slots being the Wii U exclusive content that can be shared. His stance is Wolf is more likely to get in than Krystal, and Krystal only has a chance if a further 9 rep's are DLC characters, which would be fantastic for everyone.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
It's been fun. I don't need to go into how I became a Star Fox fan, because that's got **** all to do with Krystal honestly. My love for the game predated her first appearance. If DLC is at all receptive to fan requests, expect a vicious and strenuous uphill battle. Good luck bringing it home. Peace.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well we had fun. Here's hoping for DLC.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Good job Sakurai, instead of giving us unique characters like K Rool or Krystal, YOU GIVE US TWO ****ING CLONE CHARACTERS THAT ABSOLUTELY NO ONE WANTED, WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING, SAKURAI??!!!!!

Tobias Amaranth

Smash Apprentice
What? They're closing these threads? That's just plain silly! We don't know what Nintendo is up to, and just because the games will ~eventually~ have the final roster doesn't mean this is 100% of the characters that will be in the Wii U version at launch.

That said, there's also the potential for DLC in a game like this. This game has to keep the hype flowing for years because it's going to be quite a while until another one is made. Nintendo can also do WONDERFUL things with cross-promotion through adding characters to this game. Third party, first party, etc.

I wish they'd hold off closing the threads until the Wii U release, but what can you do I guess. I'll launch a new thread in that subforum with my Krystal moveset. My thanks to Silvuh, btw.

All in all, we live in a new age, and there are just too many fishy things about this final roster ranging from spacing and arrangement to a lack of fresh representation in certain series. In this new age, the final product is never final, and there will be unique marketing approaches. It couldn't happen for a game like Brawl. It CAN happen for Sm4sh.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
SERIOUSLY DARK PIT??!!!!!! WHY DOES KI DESERVE 3 FIGHTERS, IT DOESN'T DESERVE THREE REPS, ONLY ONE GAME IN 30 YEARS, STAR FOX HAS HAD 5 (64:3D is not a separate game), METROID HAS HAD 16, DONKEY KONG HAS HAD 26, BUT INSTEAD NONE OF THEM GET NEWCOMERS, BUT KID ICARUS GETS THREE, AND MARIO DOES NOT DESERVE 8 REPS, SIX IS PLENTY, WTF SAKURAI?!!!!

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
SERIOUSLY DARK PIT??!!!!!! WHY DOES KI DESERVE 3 FIGHTERS, IT DOESN'T DESERVE THREE REPS, ONLY ONE GAME IN 30 YEARS, STAR FOX HAS HAD 5 (64:3D is not a separate game), METROID HAS HAD 16, DONKEY KONG HAS HAD 26, BUT INSTEAD NONE OF THEM GET NEWCOMERS, BUT KID ICARUS GETS THREE, AND MARIO DOES NOT DESERVE 8 REPS, SIX IS PLENTY, WTF SAKURAI?!!!!
Relax buddy. We expected this right? Remember cities theory.

D

Deleted member

Turn off your caps lock please & chill out. I don't want the Krystal fanbase to look any more embarrassing.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Turn off your caps lock please & chill out. I don't want the Krystal fanbase to look any more embarrassing.
Done, and if you haven't noticed I was speaking for all of the fanbases (Ridley, Impa, Snake, K Rool, Krystal, and Lucas), that got shafted because of Sakurai's bias towards KI, and I rarely use caps lock

Last edited:

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
What? They're closing these threads? That's just plain silly! We don't know what Nintendo is up to, and just because the games will ~eventually~ have the final roster doesn't mean this is 100% of the characters that will be in the Wii U version at launch.

That said, there's also the potential for DLC in a game like this. This game has to keep the hype flowing for years because it's going to be quite a while until another one is made. Nintendo can also do WONDERFUL things with cross-promotion through adding characters to this game. Third party, first party, etc.

I wish they'd hold off closing the threads until the Wii U release, but what can you do I guess. I'll launch a new thread in that subforum with my Krystal moveset. My thanks to Silvuh, btw.

All in all, we live in a new age, and there are just too many fishy things about this final roster ranging from spacing and arrangement to a lack of fresh representation in certain series. In this new age, the final product is never final, and there will be unique marketing approaches. It couldn't happen for a game like Brawl. It CAN happen for Sm4sh.
Well Tillie did make a thread kinda dealing with stuff like this if you want to join in there

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Quite a shame that the roster has to turn out like that for the 3DS version. They wasted slots on 2 clones (Dark Pit and Dr.Mario) which weren't even necessary to be there. Those 2 slots should have been for Krystal and Dixie (or King K. Rool). Well, at least I know I'm not getting the 3DS version and sticking with the Wii U version. I still think that the Wii U version could have some exclusive features of some new characters in the roster at first. Then with it, it would give the players the chance to transfer content from the Wii U version to the 3DS while agreeing with Cities' s theory so that way we'll have the same roster. That's why I believe that there's a very good chance we'll see DLC for this game.

About me, I've been a Starfox fan since the SNES era and will always be. I've played every single Starfox game with the exception of Command while enjoying every single game in the series and Starfox Wii U coming up next year is no exception. At least I'm glad that Nintendo is making a big deal with Starfox along with Zelda for 2015. Also, I've been a fan and supporter for Krystal since her debut in Adventures and has established herself in the SF series like Wolf has and I'm certain that she's be coming back in the SF Wii U game for sure. That way in the next Smash game, they'll include her in just in case she doesn't make the cut for Smash 4.

Also, If any of you guy are going to have any other thread here in the Smash Boards related to Starfox or DLC to Smash 4, let me know and I'll be more than happy to join you guys. No matter what happens, let's continue supporting Krystal. I'm sure Nintendo has to be listening to this and we need to spread the word on it here and everywhere whether it's for the main roster or DLC.

D

Deleted member

I'm honestly tired of that. The hate base is the only loud thing about krystal...Most of the supporter are fine but its when the hate base comes. :evil:
*shrug* I usually hear more of "Oh man, Krystal fans are so obnoxious!!" than I actually see them act obnoxious in some forums. I'd understand if was a few years after the release of Star Fox Adventures but I've seen less of that happen.

Done, and if you haven't noticed I was speaking for all of the fanbase that got shafted because of Sakurai's bias towards KI
I get your message, we're not the only ones getting the shaft, its other supporters. But posting in all caps doesn't do any good & only makes it look childish.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
*shrug* I usually hear more of "Oh man, Krystal fans are so obnoxious!!" than I actually see them act obnoxious in some forums. I'd understand if was a few years after the release of Star Fox Adventures but I've seen less of that happen.

I get your message, we're not the only ones getting the shaft, its other supporters. But posting in all caps doesn't do any good & only makes it look childish.
You are right, but you get the idea, we and the rest of the shafted fan bases should not get the 3DS version as punishment for Sakurai's clear KI bias

D

Deleted member

You are right, but you get the idea, we and the rest of the shafted fan bases should not get the 3DS version as punishment for Sakurai's clear KI bias
Or just buy the game used. You won't be giving Nintendo money that way...or if you want a real challenge, just don't buy them all together.

Also, If any of you guy are going to have any other thread here in the Smash Boards related to Starfox or DLC to Smash 4, let me know and I'll be more than happy to join you guys. No matter what happens, let's continue supporting Krystal. I'm sure Nintendo has to be listening to this and we need to spread the word on it here and everywhere whether it's for the main roster or DLC.
The group is over here, its still a bit quiet at the moment but I can wait

http://smashboards.com/social-forums/the-star-fox-team-room.1736/

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Well, the 3DS version certainly has told us a lot.

DLC? Who knows.

I think we're only going to have 54 characters on the CSS when all is said and done. In this light, those last 5 slots will probably be DLC.

Still, there's the chance that this 3DS roster is all there is. Wouldn't that be something? I'm not complaining--we're not in the position to complain. Just feels like all the time spent defending certain characters' merits has been for nothing.

My bet? Krystal's not gonna make it. Sorry guys, I just can't hold onto hope anymore--it's too taxing.

I don't think I'll be around to speculate for the next Smash, if there's even a next Smash.

Maybe around the year 2021?

Heh... We'll see. Time will tell.

I'll hang around for the group forum, but I don't think I'll post all that often.

Top Bottom