• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Well Krystal has more popularity abroad, and besides, popularity alone doesn't always get considered for characters (Wii Fit Trainer, Lucina, and Robin),
And yet supporters use her popularity in the West as a key point (which people think it would overshadow Japan's popularity of Krystal) for her inclusion. Yes she obviously has move set potential but so does everyone else. What make's her higher priority?

and besides there's really nothing new Leon or Slippy could add to the the table. Krystal has potential for a unique move set that Leon and Slippy really don't have
I 100% disagree. Slippy easily has move set potential, you're just not thinking hard enough.

http://smashboards.com/threads/enemy-shield-analyzed-the-slippy-toad-support-thread.328528/

He can also take over Snake's move set. He could even be a Link clone but with the Assault weapons and use his wrench or screwdriver as a small range weapon.

Slippy could be an assist trophy
So can Krystal. As well as anyone if Sakurai sees fit.

Last edited:

BanjoK&MarioBros

Smash Cadet
Almost page 100..... I can't wait for the sweet sweet trailer that confirms both Krystal AND Paper Mario. What a glorious day that's gonna be!

...Let a man dream! :(

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
And yet supporters use her popularity in the West as a key point (which people think it would overshadow Japan's popularity of Krystal) for her inclusion. Yes she obviously has move set potential but so does everyone else. What make's her higher priority?

I 100% disagree. Slippy easily has move set potential, you're just not thinking hard enough.

http://smashboards.com/threads/enemy-shield-analyzed-the-slippy-toad-support-thread.328528/

He can also take over Snake's move set. He could even be a Link clone but with the Assault weapons and use his wrench or screwdriver as a small range weapon.

Well Slippy is one of the most if not the most disliked character in the Star Fox series, (I don't give a care about what Japan wants, they are NOWHERE near as much as the user base as there is in The West, Sakurai really should consider the West a little more), reality check, Slippy having Snake's moveset if Snake is in SSB4 (I doubt he will be in), would technically make him a clone, and besides maybe Slippy will be playable in SSB5. And as I said before, would Sakurai go for the pseudo Snake clone or the character with a magic staff, with telepathy, and with potential for a unique moveset, you said it yourself Slippy would be a clone of Link and Snake, next time think about what you type

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
We have stuff going for us, I just hope it pays off.

I also wish I could get more info on the new star fox.

pfft, slippy can't fight, he even argues about it over with peppy before krystal comes in and says she would be the only one able to go down there and fight in close quarters combat!

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
We have stuff going for us, I just hope it pays off.

I also wish I could get more info on the new star fox.

pfft, slippy can't fight, he even argues about it over with peppy before krystal comes in and says she would be the only one able to go down there and fight in close quarters combat!
Exactly!!!!!, and as for info about the new Star Fox, all in due time, my friend

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys think of this rumor titled "QA Leaker":

http://ssb4dojo.com/post/93123821076/rumor-mill-qa-leaker

There's certainly a lot here. If any one of these things are wrong, whoever the leaker is will be discredited. In my opinion, it's strange to stick your neck out that far...

However, he/she is being selective, choosing to reveal some things over others (but he/she hints to things that he/she isn't revealing). Then again, it isn't direct; it's stated through a source (that isn't the dumb "my father" thing).

This is what we should discuss:

"Star Fox

>There is a newcomer."

Keep in mind that Brawl's roster was leaked, without a picture, and it included Wolf and ROB and others that nobody at the time believed, because Krystal was the "most probable" back then due to certain things revealed by Alésia Glidewell.

Also, Gematsu had no pictures, and his/her information was probably outdated, but it was actual information though.
I wouldn't mind if this leak were true but, once I got to the part about Jeff taking Lucas's place, I couldn't take the leak seriously after that. :rolleyes:

About Krystal outfit. Do you think we're going to have a redisign? Also, any idea for FOX alternate outfits?
I believe Fox was based off his Command appearance in Brawl. I didn't like Krystal's appearance in Command, and so I hope they use either her Adventures or Assault uniform. Maybe set her Assault uniform as her default skin and then have her Adventures uniform her alternate skin swap, that or just completely redesign Krystal with a new outfit that fits with her style.
Hey guys, do you see Krystal as an unlockable or starter character?

And if she is an unlockable character, how would you unlock her?
Personally I would prefer Krystal and everyone else to all be unlocked at the start, because the first thing i'm going to do when I get the game is order pizza and have a Smash party with my friends, and so it would be convenient to have everyone unlocked from the start, although, I know some people do prefer having to unlock the characters for the feeling of accomplishment.

anyways, if Krystal was unlockable this the way I would have it:

Falco is unlocked by playing ten matches with Fox

Wolf is unlocked by completing a classic mode run through with Fox

Krystal is unlocked by completing break the targets with Fox, Falco, and Wolf.
Seeing Robin make the roster over Chrom shows us that Sakurai puts a priority in characters with unique fighting styles. The staff gives Krystal a unique moveset that would be new to smash, and so if Sakurai were to go for a new Starfox character Krystal would be top Priority. Also, do you think Japan's lack of popularity for Little Mac prevented him in getting in smash.

I suppose Sakurai could make up a moveset for anyone, but, to put Slippy in the game as opposed to Krystal?! If Sakurai were to do that he would have to absolutely HATE the existence of Krystal.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman

Krystal wins over him just for being a female. :troll:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Oh boy it's about that time again. Golden Yuiitusin, Xenoblaze, and DarkKry4 give me strength!

Well Slippy is one of the most if not the most disliked character in the Star Fox series.
Debatable, and what's your point? If anything Slippy is hated ironically because the Star Fox teams job requires them using everything he built. Hey he has more personality than Krystal. He's even known Fox longer than her while being the 2nd most important member by being the mechanic. Are people this blind or don't know a single thing about the series?

Krystal has a large hate base as well but it doesn't and never will over shadow her popularity. We all now that but not everyone is furry for Krystal. Also are you saying that every character that has been included in Smash Bros doesn't have a hate base and we just accept it? I was hyped as hell when Ganondorf made it in Smash Bros but Sakurai puts his bias first and makes him a falcon clone for 2 games. this made me hate Ganondorf as far as Smash Bros.

(I don't give a care about what Japan wants, they are NOWHERE near as much as the user base as there is in The West, Sakurai really should consider the West a little more)
I don't know how long you've been on the internet but you do realize she's this popular in the West is because of her character design and the furry community putting her on the fur bait food chain right? Also furry art in the west and japan are on a much different scale with different cultural values so you have to take that into consideration when it comes to her fan base.

It certainly isn't her personality that made her popular because her characterization is ****. I wonder why? Well, she was created by RARE! The company that created a handful of generic sexualized female characters including Krystal. I can understand if you only like her for her appearance, I can respect that but you need to realize that she did jack **** in her debuted game. She was only playable for a 10-11 minute game with a final part of gameplay is a watered down Mario Party mini game. Her telepathy powers is also useless in a series where sensor technology is an absolute standard. It's even usless in Smash Bros if we can see our opponent.

As far as her move set potential yes she has it, and yes she doesn't. What makes her magical staff any better than say Dark Pit's? Palutena? Medusa? She does not have a higher priority than Palutena or Medusa and she can easily be a clone/semi clone with it. Check the spoiler for Golden Yuiitusin's post:

VictoryIsMudkipz said:
I do not see why Krystal gets so much hate, overall her abilities different from the usually ray-gun carrying, deflector shield, fire fox boosty boost, Land Master summoning Animals we already have. She has a staff, machine gun, & FRICKEN DINOSAURS!
LEAVE KRYSTAL ALONE!
lol
GoldenYuiitusin said:
Again with the "staff means no clone" story. I'm tired of hearing it.
It does not matter if she has a staff, she can easily be another Wolf while using it. (By which I mean, normal attacks not derived from Fox, but Specials are.)

Can she shoot things? Yes. The staff shoots firebolts instead of lasers, but they can be fired the same way.
Can she "flash step"? Logically speaking, yes. You can even add the staff's ice projection powers to give it a unique flair. An Ice Dash if you will.
Can she boost upwards? Yes. It's called Rocket Boost, an ability the staff has in-game.
Can she reflect things with a barrier? Yes. The staff has a barrier power.
Can she use a Landmaster? Yes.

So what does this show? That Krystal can *gasp* be another semi-clone even WITH the staff that people claim she would be completely unique while using! "Strange, isn't it? :sonic:"
Now granted, I'm not arguing that Krystal would be a semi-clone, but I'm dispelling the arugment that she won't or can't be one.

"But what about the Ground Quake?" Down Smash. :troll:
Even with the staff, she can easily be the same.
As for machine gun, didn't Fox, Falco, and Wolf have the ability to use one also in the same game Krystal does....? Hmm....guess that can't be used to say she's different....
Dinosaurs, I'll give ya that. But if Wolf is not known to use Landmasters in canon...(only in Assault's multiplayer)....what would stop Sakurai from giving Krystal one as well?

If it isn't obvious, I'm tired of people saying "she can't be the same" or "she's different" just because of the staff. As I previously stated, the staff can very easily turn her into another Wolf (as in, specials based off Fox's, but other moves are unique).

reality check, Slippy having Snake's moveset if Snake is in SSB4 (I doubt he will be in), would technically make him a clone. and as I said before, you said it yourself Sloppy would be a clone of Link and Snake
You make sound like having clones is a bad thing. I guess it's the end of the world for Lucina supporters right? Their character got representation and it's better than being an assist trophy, trophy, or a sticker. Clone and semi clone characters have been in fighting games for years, served a purpose and will continue on. If Slippy was a clone of Link or Snake then I would be happy because you know why? Not only is he in the game, his move set with the weapons he made and working tools will still be accurate regardless. Compared to Falcondorf that's an A+. Ganondorf would be more accurate if he was actually a Mario clone. Reality check yourself m8.

would Sakurai go for the pseudo Snake clone or the character with a magic staff, with telepathy, and with potential for a unique moveset
You mean would Sakurai go for an important character that can easily inherit a move set from another character that's very likely to be cut, compared to a overrated character with a magical staff that can translate into clone, a useless telepathy sensing power that would not help her fight in Smash, and with a potential to be unique or not? Both of these characters have potential and both can be clones. You need to look at from both perspectives and not just Krystal.

next time think about what you type
Why are so defensive?

I have a question for you though. Put Smash Bros aside and her move set potential, why do you like Krystal? There must be something amazing that she's done from Adventures-Command that made you like her. Was it her 10 minutes of combat skills that's identical to Fox's? Was it her girlfriend status to the leader of Star Fox? Was it her innovating personality?

Last edited:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Oh boy it's about that time again. Golden Yuiitusin, Xenoblaze, and DarkKry4 give me strength!

Debatable, and what's your point? If anything Slippy is hated ironically because the Star Fox teams job requires them using everything he built. Hey he has more personality than Krystal. He's even known Fox longer than her while being the 2nd most important member by being the mechanic. Are people this blind or don't know a single thing about the series?

Krystal has a large hate base as well but it doesn't and never will over shadow her popularity. We all now that but not everyone is furry for Krystal. Also are you saying that every character that has been included in Smash Bros doesn't have a hate base and we just accept it? I was hyped as hell when Ganondorf made it in Smash Bros but Sakurai puts his bias first and makes him a falcon clone for 2 games. this made me hate Ganondorf as far as Smash Bros.

I don't know how long you've been on the internet but you do realize she's this popular in the West is because of her character design and the furry community putting her on the fur bait food chain right? Also furry art in the west and japan are on a much different scale with different cultural values so you have to take that into consideration when it comes to her fan base.

It certainly isn't her personality that made her popular because her characterization is ****. I wonder why? Well, she was created by RARE! The company that created a handful of generic sexualized female characters including Krystal. I can understand if you only like her for her appearance, I can respect that but you need to realize that she did jack **** in her debuted game. She was only playable for a 10-11 minute game with a final part of gameplay is a watered down Mario Party mini game. Her telepathy powers is also useless in a series where sensor technology is an absolute standard. It's even usless in Smash Bros if we can see our opponent.

As far as her move set potential yes she has it, and yes she doesn't. What makes her magical staff any better than say Dark Pit's? Palutena? Medusa? She does not have a higher priority than Palutena or Medusa and she can easily be a clone/semi clone with it. Check the spoiler for Golden Yuiitusin's post:

GoldenYuiitusin said:
Again with the "staff means no clone" story. I'm tired of hearing it.
It does not matter if she has a staff, she can easily be another Wolf while using it. (By which I mean, normal attacks not derived from Fox, but Specials are.)

Can she shoot things? Yes. The staff shoots firebolts instead of lasers, but they can be fired the same way.
Can she "flash step"? Logically speaking, yes. You can even add the staff's ice projection powers to give it a unique flair. An Ice Dash if you will.
Can she boost upwards? Yes. It's called Rocket Boost, an ability the staff has in-game.
Can she reflect things with a barrier? Yes. The staff has a barrier power.
Can she use a Landmaster? Yes.

So what does this show? That Krystal can *gasp* be another semi-clone even WITH the staff that people claim she would be completely unique while using! "Strange, isn't it? :sonic:"
Now granted, I'm not arguing that Krystal would be a semi-clone, but I'm dispelling the arugment that she won't or can't be one.

"But what about the Ground Quake?" Down Smash. :troll:
Even with the staff, she can easily be the same.
As for machine gun, didn't Fox, Falco, and Wolf have the ability to use one also in the same game Krystal does....? Hmm....guess that can't be used to say she's different....
Dinosaurs, I'll give ya that. But if Wolf is not known to use Landmasters in canon...(only in Assault's multiplayer)....what would stop Sakurai from giving Krystal one as well?

If it isn't obvious, I'm tired of people saying "she can't be the same" or "she's different" just because of the staff. As I previously stated, the staff can very easily turn her into another Wolf (as in, specials based off Fox's, but other moves are unique).

You make sound like having clones is a bad thing. I guess it's the end of the world for Lucina supporters right? Their character got representation and it's better than being an assist trophy, trophy, or a sticker. Clone and semi clone characters have been in fighting games for years, served a purpose and will continue on. If Slippy was a clone of Link or Snake then I would be happy because you know why? Not only is he in the game, his move set with the weapons he made and working tools will still be accurate regardless. Compared to Falcondorf that's an A+. Ganondorf would be more accurate if he was actually a Mario clone. Reality check yourself m8.

You mean would Sakurai go for an important character that can easily inherit a move set from another character that's very likely to be cut, compared to a overrated character with a magical staff that can translate into clone, a useless telepathy sensing power that would not help her fight in Smash, and with a potential to be unique or not? Both of these characters have potential and both can be clones. You need to look at from both perspectives and not just Krystal.

Why are so defensive?

I have a question for you though. Put Smash Bros aside and her move set potential, why do you like Krystal? There must be something amazing that she's done from Adventures-Command that made you like her. Was it her 10 minutes of combat skills? Was it her girlfriend status to the leader of Star Fox? Was it her innovating personality?
You hate her personality..."Good argument". Lol
Slippy 2nd most important member on the team? For his job yes, but battle wise no.
Anyone can be made into a clone if this is your point. Yes she does have the blaster like effect from the staff but after that there isn't anything more. Flashstep?? Lmao I hope sakurai wouldn't do that. Pretty much your saying if Sakurai doesn't want to make her unique if he wanted to he can.
For that lucina thing she wasn't supposed to be a newcomer at all, but got lucky. Also Chrom didn't get in due to not being able to come up with a moveset that was unique
I like Krystal because of yes her design and all the star fox games she has been in. A few years back Adventures was amazing to play and then assault I just loved them. Guess what.....She was in them. :troll: 3/4 Buddy
Why even come to the support threads if you don't support. I mean really why? If Krystal
Oh I see your the owner of the slippy thread. Now it all makes sense why your here. :/

Last edited:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Sorry y'all, but I'm siding with @ Gene Gene on this.

To say Slippy is hated and Krystal isn't is kind of a lie. Krystal receives equal, or even more backlash than Slippy constantly. And yes, Slippy has been there longer, developed the SF weaponry, and is Fox's best friend.

However, Krystal is more important if we're talking about series representation for Smash Brothers. While Slippy is a member of Star Fox as well, Krystal would complete the cycle of characters. Fox= Hero. Wolf= Anti-Hero. Falco= Sidekick. Now ask yourselves, what fits the end of that more suitably? Sidekick #2, or Main Love interest. I think the answer speaks for itself.

EDIT: I read the rest of that argument. Again, I agree that Krystal's popularity soared with the Furry community being the Furry community. However, there are fans of her out there, such as myself, who DO like her for her personality. (Is there a Drake emoji anywhere?)

You also seem to jump to the negative end of thinking when it comes to recognizing her role on the team. I say this time and time again, if she was only in Adventures, I would WHOLE-HEARTEDLY agree. However, she has been in 2 more entries, fights along your side, assists you in battle and in battle planning, and really has done nothing to provoke hating of her character, (If you don't apply certain endings of Command.) to call her useless by any means is absurd and I could easily call Falco useless by the same logic that people throw at Krystal.

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Um, not to crash the party, but none of the Star Fox characters really have much of a personality, at least ones with coherent depth. Instead, their personalities are left to the fans to perceive on their own. This is because Miyamoto wanted the series to be based off of puppet shows like Thunder Birds. Star Fox has always been one big puppet show (well except maybe for the Japanese version of Assault, where the models actually showed expression on their face and in their voice, but this was removed during the localization apparently).

As for the 64 version, it's difficult to draw personality from characters simply based on quotes since they show no emotion on their faces. You could argue the voices, yes, of course; the point is that Star Fox really has never been a franchise about personality. Miyamoto never really wanted it to be, for better or for worse.

What about Mario's personality?

(Sarcasm) Yeah, I'm pretty sure personality is important for Smash Brothers... (/Sarcasm)

As for Krystal doing anything major in the series, well, this really can't be argued, at least with what we have. The only thing I have to say about Rare's creation for Krystal, is that she actually would have been one of the main characters in her game (one that would actually advance a cause [so this would have broken Rare's streak regarding they way they handled female characters]). Then Miyamoto stepped in, and, well, the rest is history.

On the one side, we would have never had Krystal in Star Fox without Miyamoto, but the way Miyamoto handled Krystal's importance in the series (especially in Adventures) is beyond questionable. He gave her the "damsel in distress" treatment. It's funny, because he did this with Mario and Zelda (he also did it with the Donkey Kong Country series, during the second and third installment, but that's more or less "ape/chimpanzee in distress"). It's like if Miyamoto had something with that trope...

In the end, Krystal received the very short end of the stick during the developmental process. Honestly, it's unfortunate.

This leads me to why I support Krystal. I support her because I want Star Fox, as well as what has happened in the past with development, to be vindicated for its potential. The way many people bash the Star Fox characters on the Smash roster, based on their semi-clone/quasi-clone specials (and not to mention Final Smashes), is disheartening. I'd like to see Sakurai prove his name-sake again (as one who looks mostly to origins when creating characters in Smash) and implement a Star Fox character that could surprise people (in the sense of that character not having to rely on Fox-variant specials). Also, having Krystal in Smash, in my opinion, could vindicate her from that unfortunate developmental story roughly 15 years ago.

You could say it's kind of like the underdog mentality.

Last edited:

TheSoraKid

Banned via Warnings
Um, not to crash the party, but none of the Star Fox characters really have much of a personality, at least ones with coherent depth. Instead, their personalities are left to the fans to perceive on their own. This is because Miyamoto wanted the series to be based off of puppet shows like Thunder Birds. Star Fox has always been one big puppet show (well except maybe for the Japanese version of Assault, where the models actually showed expression on their face and in their voice, but this was removed during the localization apparently).

As for the 64 version, it's difficult to draw personality from characters simply based on quotes since they show no emotion on their faces. You could argue the voices, yes, of course; the point is that Star Fox really has never been a franchise about personality. Miyamoto never really wanted it to be, for better or for worse.

What about Mario's personality?

(Sarcasm) Yeah, I'm pretty sure personality is important for Smash Brothers... (/Sarcasm)

As for Krystal doing anything major in the series, well, this really can't be argued, at least with what we have. The only thing I have to say about Rare's creation for Krystal, is that she actually would have been one of the main characters in her game (one that would actually advance a cause [so this would have broken Rare's streak regarding they way they handled female characters]). Then Miyamoto stepped in, and, well, the rest is history.

On the one side, we would have never had Krystal in Star Fox without Miyamoto, but the way Miyamoto handled Krystal's importance in the series (especially in Adventures) is beyond questionable. He gave her the "damsel in distress" treatment. It's funny, because he did this with Mario and Zelda (he also did it with the Donkey Kong Country series, during the second and third installment, but that's more or less "ape/chimpanzee in distress"). It's like if Miyamoto had something with that trope...

In the end, Krystal received the very short end of the stick during the developmental process. Honestly, it's unfortunate.

This leads me to why I support Krystal. I support her because I want Star Fox, as well as what has happened in the past with development, to be vindicated for its potential. The way many people bash the Star Fox characters on the Smash roster, based on their semi-clone/quasi-clone specials (and not to mention Final Smashes), is disheartening. I'd like to see Sakurai prove his name-sake again (as one who looks mostly to origins when creating characters in Smash) and implement a Star Fox character that could surprise people (in the sense of that character not having to rely on Fox-variant specials). Also, having Krystal in Smash, in my opinion, could vindicate her from that unfortunate developmental story roughly 15 years ago.

You could say it's kind of like the underdog mentality.
You want the character to be redeemed, is that right?

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I find it pretty odd that in a support thread for a character people are coming in and questioning her importance to the series. I like it, makes for good debate.

Pros and cons to each side, I say what it comes down to is that people don't want another Starfox rep vs people who don't mind a 4th. That's what I've been noticing. Krystal just seems to be the next obvious character from Starfox to get a slot in the game. Slippy could too, but story wise Krystal has played a little more significance in the series, even if not by much.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I agree. Nobody in the series was really branched out until later games and even then it wasn't much.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Sorry y'all, but I'm siding with @ Gene Gene However, Krystal is more important if we're talking about series representation for Smash Brothers. While Slippy is a member of Star Fox as well, Krystal would complete the cycle of characters. Fox= Hero. Wolf= Anti-Hero. Falco= Sidekick. Now ask yourselves, what fits the end of that more suitably? Sidekick #2, or Main Love interest. I think the answer speaks for itself.
I don't see how she's more important for series representation than Slippy if you're going by a criteria, never used by Sakurai that can apply to the Mario series and arguably Zelda (depending on the game). Falco is a not a side kick either and I don't know why some people suggest a cocky loner that leaves the team when he wants to be in a position such as a side kick. Falco wasn't even supposed to be the second SF character in smash bros so this whole criteria that people made up shouldn't even be a thing. Being a love interest shouldn't be a point in helping someone's chances and if it is then it should apply to every represented franchise in Smash right now. I mean what sounds like a better choice for wanting a character: move set potential or that they are a love interest?

You also seem to jump to the negative end of thinking when it comes to recognizing her role on the team. I say this time and time again, if she was only in Adventures, I would WHOLE-HEARTEDLY agree. However, she has been in 2 more entries, fights along your side, assists you in battle and in battle planning, and really has done nothing to provoke hating of her character, (If you don't apply certain endings of Command.) to call her useless by any means is absurd and I could easily call Falco useless by the same logic that people throw at Krystal.
The only thing that would be useless about her is her telepathy in Smash Bros. What's the point of sensing your opponent if they're right in front of you in plain sight? Her telepathy doesn't work as a counter move and she doesn't need her powers to have a counter move either.

You hate her personality..."Good argument". Lol
It's not my main argument but thanks! I got that from a Krystal supporter.:troll:

Slippy 2nd most important member on the team? For his job yes, but battle wise no.
This gives him priority over Krystal. Battle wise it doesn't matter how much ground combat he has or not because Slippy builds weapons to kill space animals. Then there's the fact that Sakurai made move sets for characters who were never shown as fighters. This isn't news.

Anyone can be made into a clone if this is your point. Yes she does have the blaster like effect from the staff but after that there isn't anything more. Flashstep?? Lmao I hope sakurai wouldn't do that. Pretty much your saying if Sakurai doesn't want to make her unique if he wanted to he can.
Exactly.

For that lucina thing she wasn't supposed to be a newcomer at all, but got lucky. Also Chrom didn't get in due to not being able to come up with a moveset that was unique
I know, he even mentioned how well Robin represents FE compared to what he planned for Chrom. Also I've never brought up Chrom so I don't know why you're going there, but if Sakurai couldn't make him unique and includes him as part of a Final Smash who's to say he can't include Krystal as an AT? Her staff can even be a new melee weapon since she wasn't the only person who used it before.

I like Krystal because of yes her design and all the star fox games she has been in. A few years back Adventures was amazing to play and then assault I just loved them. Guess what.....She was in them. :troll: 3/4 Buddy
I respect that. I liked Star Fox Adventures too and I'm waiting for my memory card to come in the mail so I can play it and Assault again.

The point I'm trying to make is that I don't believe she's absolutely guaranteed for Smash Bros 4 like everyone else seems to claim. There are other characters that could get in before her and her popularity won't stand a chance. Everyone after the the veterans is 50/50 right now. Other than that I hope I get BTFO if she gets confirmed. Then all my hard work for this thread will mean nothing.:troll:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I don't see how she's more important for series representation than Slippy if you're going by a criteria, never used by Sakurai that can apply to the Mario series and arguably Zelda (depending on the game). Falco is a not a side kick either and I don't know why some people suggest a cocky loner that leaves the team when he wants to be in a position such as a side kick. Falco wasn't even supposed to be the second SF character in smash bros so this whole criteria that people made up shouldn't even be a thing. Being a love interest shouldn't be a point in helping someone's chances and if it is then it should apply to every represented franchise in Smash right now. I mean what sounds like a better choice for wanting a character: move set potential or that they are a love interest?

The only thing that would be useless about her is her telepathy in Smash Bros. What's the point of sensing your opponent if they're right in front of you in plain sight? Her telepathy doesn't work as a counter move and she doesn't need her powers to have a counter move either.

It's not my main argument but thanks! I got that from a Krystal supporter.:troll:

This gives him priority over Krystal. Battle wise it doesn't matter how much ground combat he has or not because Slippy builds weapons to kill space animals. Then there's the fact that Sakurai made move sets for characters who were never shown as fighters. This isn't news.

Exactly.

I know, he even mentioned how well Robin represents FE compared to what he planned for Chrom. Also I've never brought up Chrom so I don't know why you're going there, but if Sakurai couldn't make him unique and includes him as part of a Final Smash who's to say he can't include Krystal as an AT? Her staff can even be a new melee weapon since she wasn't the only person who used it before.

I respect that. I liked Star Fox Adventures too and I'm waiting for my memory card to come in the mail so I can play it and Assault again.

The point I'm trying to make is that I don't believe she's absolutely guaranteed for Smash Bros 4 like everyone else seems to claim. There are other characters that could get in before her and her popularity won't stand a chance. Everyone after the the veterans is 50/50 right now. Other than that I hope I get BTFO if she gets confirmed. Then all my hard work for this thread will mean nothing.:troll:
I pointed out her role specifically because that's how Star Fox has been on terms of series representation so far. We've had that pattern set for Star Fox, so it would make sense to complete it as such. Not every franchise should follow that criteria, because the characters from those franchises can't follow the same patterns that Mario, Star Fox, and even Zelda follow. You want a love interest from Metroid? Hope you love Ridley. Want a sidekick from Game and Watch? Have an Octopus.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Did I just hear that star fox characters have no personality.... (Dbl fp)

On a more serious note if wolf and Krystal are not in the game how many people are willing to bombard sakurai/Nintendo of America for them as dlc? Becuz I plan to start a ruckus if wolf is going to be cut, I need fellow star fox fans to help make sure our villian is a smash mainstay.

Last edited:

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
I have to say I disagree with this.
First off not everyone else is claiming that Krystal is guaranteed for smash 4- I've seen a few people here and there believing that she's a shoo-in, but that's most likely out of their own extreme want for her on the roster.
Most people I've seen are hopeful of her getting in, but do realize that there is just as much of a chance she won't make it. Myself included.

As for popularity not standing a chance or meaning anything, we've already seen that theory disproved as well- the prime example being Rosalina.
People are still butthurt about her getting in over Daisy because of seniority reasons, and the fact that Daisy has been in more games, but one of the biggest reasons Rosalina made it was her popularity. That coupled with her potential for a unique moveset.
So Slippy having seniority over Krystal means absolutely nothing. 2nd most important character on the SF team also can be seen as subjective, and I don't think Sakurai really cares about that when considering who would be a viable candidate for Smash.

Honestly Krystal has just as much of a chance, if not more to be added before Slippy. She has all the right criteria, it's just a matter of if Sakurai deems Starfox worthy of a 4th rep at this point, IMO.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I pointed out her role specifically because that's how Star Fox has been on terms of series representation so far. We've had that pattern set for Star Fox, so it would make sense to complete it as such. Not every franchise should follow that criteria, because the characters from those franchises can't follow the same patterns that Mario, Star Fox, and even Zelda follow. You want a love interest from Metroid? Hope you love Ridley. Want a sidekick from Game and Watch? Have an Octopus.
There is no pattern and that isn't how the representation for the characters is being displayed by Sakurai.

Fox- Main character
Falco- Sakurai's 2nd choice for a Star Fox clone because he decided not to add in Wolf for looking like a Fox re-skin. His reasoning for not adding Wolf is terrible because if he didn't want a character that played similar to the original and wasn't a re-skin then he shouldn't have added Dr. Mario over Wario.
Wolf- Planned for Melee

That's pretty much it.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm thinking closer to release they'll show off a bunch of trailers.

Either that or there's only two newcomers left and we'll get one a month.

Luminario

Smash Lord

Exactly.

We get it you don't like Krystal and you want Slippy to be in. Jesus Christ you don't see me going over to the Ridley forum and telling them their wanted character sucks.

I haven't really seen anyone say Krystal's guaranteed for Smash 4 we all know its quite unlikely but we keep hope. Slippy being in Smash would be... okay i guess but this is the Krystal support thread not the Slippy support thread.

Please don't objectify and demote Krystal to being nothing more than a love interest. She's a telepathic, last of her kind, strong, protective member of Starfox and the only female member (if you don't count one of the endings of Command) plus her telepathy helped her pick up on distress signals before anyone else notices and in battle it could easily be used to predict and overcome your opponents.

The fact of the matter is you just don't like Krystal so you're blinded from her potential. If a character should get into Smash 4 that uses something like Snakes moveset I think it should be an Advance Wars character or something. Sakurai is also going for more females in Smash 4 and I know you'll say it shouldn't matter but it does and it adds a few more points to her as a potential character.

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
Get some air. Spending so much time posting your hatred of a character and why they shouldn't be in is a waste of time. You are not going to convince Krystal's supporters to stop supporting her.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I didn't know the names Slippy and Krystal looked the same on the thread search.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Did I just hear that star fox characters have no personality.... (Dbl fp)
Well, I didn't say no personality, I referred to personality not being the focus of Star Fox. With the inspiration of the puppet-show style, it's meant for the interpretation of the player. It worked well, a while ago.

Now-a-days many (not all) gamers unfortunately prefer to be spoon-fed instead of using their imagination...

Anyways, back to Krystal.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
We get it you don't like Krystal and you want Slippy to be in. Jesus Christ you don't see me going over to the Ridley forum and telling them their wanted character sucks.

I haven't really seen anyone say Krystal's guaranteed for Smash 4 we all know its quite unlikely but we keep hope. Slippy being in Smash would be... okay i guess but this is the Krystal support thread not the Slippy support thread.

Please don't objectify and demote Krystal to being nothing more than a love interest. She's a telepathic, last of her kind, strong, protective member of Starfox and the only female member (if you don't count one of the endings of Command) plus her telepathy helped her pick up on distress signals before anyone else notices and in battle it could easily be used to predict and overcome your opponents.

The fact of the matter is you just don't like Krystal so you're blinded from her potential. If a character should get into Smash 4 that uses something like Snakes moveset I think it should be an Advance Wars character or something. Sakurai is also going for more females in Smash 4 and I know you'll say it shouldn't matter but it does and it adds a few more points to her as a potential character.
You clearly didn't read through all of my recent posts because if you did you would know that I said she does have move set potential. You're really getting upset over nothing. I'm just trying to have a civilized debate about Krystal without the unnecessary drama. I don't like Krystal but that doesn't mean I don't know how to spot the positives about the character. It also doesn't mean that I can't eventually like the character either. I'm even working on a move set for her. If you think I'm just some random Krystal hater then that's your problem but I can tell you that I'm not.

plus her telepathy helped her pick up on distress signals before anyone else notices and in battle it could easily be used to predict and overcome your opponents
I still think it wouldn't work that way in a fighting game but I guess this idea is a staple now so I won't try to change your opinion or for anyone else.

Get some air. Spending so much time posting your hatred of a character and why they shouldn't be in is a waste of time. You are not going to convince Krystal's supporters to stop supporting her.
Implying I was doing anything you are suggesting. And I'm sorry you see it that way.

Let me change the topic for a second and ask if there's a chance that we get a stage from Star Fox Adventures what do you think it will be or where in the game would be the best representation for SF Adventures?

Last edited:

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
I only said something because as a Krystal supporter I mainly surf this site for things Krystal and every time I do I see your username there and protesting against her. I get that elsewhere but to come in here and do so is asking for an argument.

On topic I do not see an Adventures stage. I see the Assault stage that we got being the only new Star Fox stage we will get.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Star Fox characters have just enough personality for the type of game it is but I really wish they would expand it, with experienced writers it could be really great (maybe bring in the KI:U writers?). I'd also hope they'd flesh out the characters a little more, with great backstories and interesting personalities in their own right.

I'd hope falco would be more cocky and arrogant, thinking he's the best an all that stuff.
Krystal would be really great as the sarcastic witty one (imagine palutena in uprising)
Slippy, well he's slippy, comic relief I guess
Wolf should just be a complete asshole
I don't really know what they'd do with peppy but assuming he's old again I think they should just make him bat**** insane.

This is why I want the new star fox to be a reboot, just so they can completely reinvent these characters

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
You clearly didn't read through all of my recent posts because if you did you would know that I said she does have move set potential. You're really getting upset over nothing. I'm just trying to have a civilized debate about Krystal without the unnecessary drama. I don't like Krystal but that doesn't mean I don't know how to spot the positives about the character. It also doesn't mean that I can't eventually like the character either. I'm even working on a move set for her. If you think I'm just some random Krystal hater then that's your problem but I can tell you that I'm not.

I still think it wouldn't work that way in a fighting game but I guess this idea is a staple now so I won't try to change your opinion or for anyone else.

Implying I was doing anything you are suggesting. And I'm sorry you see it that way.

Let me change the topic for a second and ask if there's a chance that we get a stage from Star Fox Adventures what do you think it will be or where in the game would be the best representation for SF Adventures?
Oh you said she did have moveset potential? my bad. However if you don't want unnecessary drama then please don't paint Krystal as a bland character who's only a love interest. I find her to be much more interesting than the rest of the cast.

They could easily drop the whole telepath thing in Smash and focus on the staff mechanics. It's not like she needs to have a counter or something.

A good Adventures stage might be Krazoa Palace or some ruins like in Assault. or fighting on the warp stone so he says stuff like ARE YOU REAHDY TA WAHRP :troll: (when I found out he had a really deep scottish accent i died)

D

Deleted member

I'd hope falco would be more cocky and arrogant, thinking he's the best an all that stuff.
Hes still kind of like that though...I don't expect him to change without fans going "Dat ain't the Falco I know!!!"

Krystal would be really great as the sarcastic witty one (imagine palutena in uprising)
I guess that works?

Slippy, well he's slippy, comic relief I guess
Like Falco, I don't expect him to change unless they made him talk fast like Mordin from Mass Effect.

Wolf should just be a complete *******
*Shrug*

I don't really know what they'd do with peppy but assuming he's old again I think they should just make him bat**** insane.
Don't really have a comment

King K. Rystal

Smash Rookie

I'd say Thorntail Hollow or Krazoa Palace would be the most likely places for an Adventures stage. Also if Krystal does get in, I feel like there's no way Sakurai would pass up such a great opportunity to show off some HD 'cause even now Adventures looks insane if you compare it to other Gamecube games.

D

Deleted member

I know he's kinda like that already but I'd hope they would amp it up and make him just a complete prick
That just doesn't sit right with me...it should be Wolf thats the prick (And maybe then if he was much more smarter, I'd be worthy enough to call him a villain).

I get that Falco thinks he doesn't need anyone's help & that he is usually flying solo (Often abandoning the team) but he is still Fox's friend.

To have one of your best friends (Even if he isn't the brightest) suddenly turn into an ******* just to prove that he's better than everyone just doesn't seem to go well with me (And to me, thats 1 way for a character to turn bland).

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
That just doesn't sit right with me...it should be Wolf thats the prick (And maybe then if he was much more smarter, I'd be worthy enough to call him a villain).

I get that Falco thinks he doesn't need anyone's help & that he is usually flying solo (Often abandoning the team) but he is still Fox's friend.

To have one of your best friends (Even if he isn't the brightest) suddenly turn into an ******* just to prove that he's better than everyone just doesn't seem to go well with me (And to me, thats 1 way for a character to turn bland).
That's not exactly what I had in mind, I was more thinking a sort of friendly rival to fox while wolf is, like I said before, an asshole. He isn't an asshole, just a bit (lot) arrogant and cocky

Top Bottom