• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
What would be the best way to reveal Krystal in a Trailer?
I really cant think of much beyond Krystal swooping in to save Fox from an incoming attack, and then a montage of gameplay with Banter between her, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Peppy, and Slippy (Maybe Panther and Leon as well, but that may be overkill)

Luminario

Smash Lord
What would be the best way to reveal Krystal in a Trailer?
Someone a while back actually suggested something along the lines of what i wanted.
Fox, Falco and Wolf are fighting (either each other or other characters) and every few seconds the trailer shows someone suiting up (pulling up a boot and putting on a glove and grabbing the staff and walking or running to an Arwing) then Krystal jumps into the fray and voila gameplay shots and dialog and stuff.

HVDooD

Smash Cadet
Calling it now Wolf and Krystal reveal at Comic Con...
Falco: "Guess i''ll get my change another day!"
Sakurai: "No, you'll get it today!" (Falco confirmed as a pilot next to Slippy...)
Angry Falco fanboys create topics on gamefaqs that Sakurai needs to be replaced next Smash. ;)

Last edited:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Calling it now Wolf and Krystal reveal at Comic Con...
Falco: "Guess i''ll get my change another day!"
Sakurai: "No, you'll get it today!" (Falco confirmed as a pilot next to Slippy...)
Angry Falco fanboys create topics on gamefaqs that Sakurai needs to be replaced next Smash. ;)
This would be funny, but the unhappy people will be unhappy if Falco or wolf gets cut. We need to get the 4th rep...then all will be well.

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
Someone a while back actually suggested something along the lines of what i wanted.
Fox, Falco and Wolf are fighting (either each other or other characters) and every few seconds the trailer shows someone suiting up (pulling up a boot and putting on a glove and grabbing the staff and walking or running to an Arwing) then Krystal jumps into the fray and voila gameplay shots and dialog and stuff.
I believe this is the one you were referencing, and I think this one would be awesome!

Fox is shown fighting someone, who is revealed to be Wolf. He requests for back-up. After a few more traded blows, Falco swoops in from his Arwing.

The scene changes to the inside of the Great Fox, where someone else is gearing up. It shows an arm grab for the staff.

The scene then cuts back to the fight, and eventually another Arwing swoops in...

"Slippy hops into the battle . . . "

Dramatic pause for a few seconds.

. . . as an assist trophy!"

Then, after the fight continues, while showing off the veterans, plus the Slippy assist trophy...

Another Arwing swoops in... and a figure lands on the ground...

"Krystal answers the distress signal!"

Then it would showcase her move sets, like the other newcomer trailers do.

All the while, there would be dialogue.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Anyone wanna take a guess as to what planet is in the background of today's POTD. Its puzzling to tell what planet it is because they're no defining features on it except for it looking all cloudy like.

Also if Krystal does make it in this will be my immediate reaction to the haters in my mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY_BuLo5z-M
XD

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Maybe it's Aquas?

D

Deleted member

Pretty sure thats Fichina. Far as I'm aware, no other planet on the system is that white (Aside from maybe Fortuna)

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
I dunno bout Sauria, planet has a lot of water around it & all the other places on it

Well yes that's true, but it could be Sauria. I just booted up my gamecube and started playing Adventures and during the intro the of the game where they introduce Krystal the atmosphere is all cloudy like. The planet could be cloudy on the outside, but once on the surface its clear.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Well yes that's true, but it could be Sauria. I just booted up my gamecube and started playing Adventures and during the intro the of the game where they introduce Krystal the atmosphere is all cloudy like. The planet could be cloudy on the outside, but once on the surface its clear.
Why couldn't Sakurai just give us more information?! It does look quite a bit like Fichina, though.

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
Checking the website today gave me a pang of hope. Gah~ With Lucina's surprise inclusion and this stage reveal I'm getting a bit more hopeful. The roster might be bigger than expected?

I think it would be boring if they left Starfox as is with just Fox/Falco/Wolf. Adding Krystal just makes sense. Getting this game requires purchasing an entire new system (and it's acknowledged that Smash is a console moving game)...and if they leave stuff the same as Brawl ... lack of change is not worth the price. (I don't mean for Starfox only..it goes for mostly all the franchises)

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Checking the website today gave me a pang of hope. Gah~ With Lucina's surprise inclusion and this stage reveal I'm getting a bit more hopeful. The roster might be bigger than expected?

I think it would be boring if they left Starfox as is with just Fox/Falco/Wolf. Adding Krystal just makes sense. Getting this game requires purchasing an entire new system (and it's acknowledged that Smash is a console moving game)...and if they leave stuff the same as Brawl ... lack of change is not worth the price. (I don't mean for Starfox only..it goes for mostly all the franchises)
I'm expecting almost 50 characters in these games (can the 3DS really handle a roster size that big?), and with this stage's reveal along with Lucina's shocking surprise I'm betting that Krystal is in (remember we all thought Ike was going to get axed, then he was revealed shortly after the FE Coliseum stage was revealed, plus we got the San Diego event coming up (that could spoil us a newcomer just like E3 did with the Miis, Palutena & Pac-man).

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
A valid reason for adding Krystal would be that she is the most unique of the Star Fox cast. She would likely use her staff and various other abilities from her Sauria lineage in tandem with traditional weapons. Plus, they've been adding a lot of female reps lately, so it would be a nice way to spice things up. It also helps she's not nearly as discussed as, say, Chrom, King K. Rool, Ridley, and Isaac. (However she IS somewhat controversial).

The question is, what color will her outfit be, pink (Command) or blue (Assault)?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A valid reason for adding Krystal would be that she is the most unique of the Star Fox cast. She would likely use her staff and various other abilities from her Sauria lineage in tandem with traditional weapons. Plus, they've been adding a lot of female reps lately, so it would be a nice way to spice things up. It also helps she's not nearly as discussed as, say, Chrom, King K. Rool, Ridley, and Isaac. (However she IS somewhat controversial).

The question is, what color will her outfit be, pink (Command) or blue (Assault)?
Probably going to be pink...then again, I can't see why we can't have both

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Blue. When you see Krystal, you think blue, not pink. Yeah, Krystal would be so unique, and she's a really cool character too.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
They're scraping the bottom of the barrel for newcomer trailers, so unless they have multiple people in a trailer like Robin/Lucina, I highly doubt we'll see anything more than 3 more. Releasing Krystal with Falco & Wolf would be a nice way of pumping the roster number quite a bit but once again still means we've only gained 1 newcomer. I think I'd gladly trade that at the loss of Wolf/Falco.

I would love for the trailer to be Fox fighting an unknown foe, seemingly as if he's dodging his attacks and constantly try to keep spacing himself. He calls in for backup when the foe picks him up, turning out to be Ganondorf with a new move set. As Ganondorf asks him if he has any final words, Falco swoops in and saves Fox right before the finishing blow. (Probably saying something witty, I have nothing for the moment.) Ganondorf laughs and asks is that the best they can do, saying that fighting 2 on 1 isn't a fair fight and its a good thing he can prepared. Wolf enters from the shadows, asking Fox if he missed him. Right as everybody is about to strike, we hear a clapping noise behind Ganondorf and Wolf, which pans over to see Krystal. She informs wolf she cannot allow this and tells Fox to forgive her for taking too long. She whirls her staff and out comes the banner Krystal barrel rolls into the competition! Queue scenes of the 4 of them fighting and showing off Wolf and Ganondorf now having been decloned. At the end of the video, we get a shot of Slippy saying "I guess I'll get my chance another day." Then shows a quick scene of Slippy as an AT.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I think she would have her Assault colors for standard palettes and her Adventures tunic for an alt costume despite looking strange if she uses her staff.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
What if the front of the Great Fox is facing towards the right as opposed to the left in past smash games? That or maybe the Great Fox is in the background of the stage this time.

Also seeing Fichina in the background makes me think that this stage will be traveling around the Lylat system like the Lylat Cruise stage in Brawl. What if planet Sauria is one of the destinations along the trip?! :surprised:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

I know a lot of fans aren't exactly high on the command outfit, but I thought it turned out okay. It was by no means the best design I've seen for Krystal, but it wasn't the worst either. What I think they'll do is mix Fox and Falco's look with Krystal's Assault uniform: white flight jacket, with a scarf and and a modified version of her blue body suit underneath. Of course, this is with the assumption she's even in instead of ****ing Slippy or someone.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
At this point I almost don't want Krystal in because of the insane amount of female characters there are now. I honestly hope that we get 80% villains from this point on.

Still, things are looking good for her right now.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
They're scraping the bottom of the barrel for newcomer trailers, so unless they have multiple people in a trailer like Robin/Lucina, I highly doubt we'll see anything more than 3 more. Releasing Krystal with Falco & Wolf would be a nice way of pumping the roster number quite a bit but once again still means we've only gained 1 newcomer. I think I'd gladly trade that at the loss of Wolf/Falco.

I would love for the trailer to be Fox fighting an unknown foe, seemingly as if he's dodging his attacks and constantly try to keep spacing himself. He calls in for backup when the foe picks him up, turning out to be Ganondorf with a new move set. As Ganondorf asks him if he has any final words, Falco swoops in and saves Fox right before the finishing blow. (Probably saying something witty, I have nothing for the moment.) Ganondorf laughs and asks is that the best they can do, saying that fighting 2 on 1 isn't a fair fight and its a good thing he can prepared. Wolf enters from the shadows, asking Fox if he missed him. Right as everybody is about to strike, we hear a clapping noise behind Ganondorf and Wolf, which pans over to see Krystal. She informs wolf she cannot allow this and tells Fox to forgive her for taking too long. She whirls her staff and out comes the banner Krystal barrel rolls into the competition! Queue scenes of the 4 of them fighting and showing off Wolf and Ganondorf now having been decloned. At the end of the video, we get a shot of Slippy saying "I guess I'll get my chance another day." Then shows a quick scene of Slippy as an AT.
That is a nice trailer idea, but Wolf is not a complete clone of Fox. He is like :4myfriends: is to :4marth:, sharing only one or two moves.

Also, why Ganondorf? I think Ganondorf would fit better in a Swordsman type reveal, typically Isaac, Takamaru, or Ghirahim.

D

Deleted member

Not a bad idea although I think Meta Knight would work better or Diddy Kong (Since Fox & Falco encountered him in SSE)

Also, I think Slippy would be saying something like "Wow...that looks awesome! I can't wait to join up with Fox & his pals some day!"

Also...geez, I don't think this thread has ever gotten more than 10 viewers taking a peek here

Not that it matters or anything!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Smash 3DS has been given "Mild Nudity" according to Australia.
KRYSTAL CONFIRMED, LET'S ALL GO HOME. :troll:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Krystal is probably my first or second most wanted newcomer (right before or after King K. Rool, and right before K.K. Slider).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
At this point I almost don't want Krystal in because of the insane amount of female characters there are now. I honestly hope that we get 80% villains from this point on.

Still, things are looking good for her right now.
Why is it insane? There's currently 13 females with 5 being gender swaps of avatar characters. That brings it down to 9 with only 4 being new additions in this game. Meanwhile, there's currently 30 males, including the 5 avatar characters with males as their default and the Male Wii Fit Trainer. Counting default characters, that's 29 to 9, meaning that there are more than three times as many male characters as there are female characters. Is a mere third of the roster consisting of females, who in reality make up more than half the human race, really that bad of a thing? To put this further in perspective, the remaining 11 veterans from Brawl that have a decent shot at coming back are all classified as males, pushing it up to 41 to 9, meaning less than a fourth of the current roster is female. I think the roster can handle one female to every four male characters, don't you?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Why is it insane? There's currently 13 females with 5 being gender swaps of avatar characters. That brings it down to 9 with only 4 being new additions in this game. Meanwhile, there's currently 30 males, including the 5 avatar characters with males as their default and the Male Wii Fit Trainer. Counting default characters, that's 29 to 9, meaning that there are more than three times as many male characters as there are female characters. Is a mere third of the roster consisting of females, who in reality make up more than half the human race, really that bad of a thing? To put this further in perspective, the remaining 11 veterans from Brawl that have a decent shot at coming back are all classified as males, pushing it up to 41 to 9, meaning less than a fourth of the current roster is female. I think the roster can handle one female to every four male characters, don't you?
Agreed. There is never enough female characters until we get Krystal! And Dixie Kong.

Weavel

Smash Ace
If it hasn't been stated yet, the Krystal petition has hit over 750 supporters.

Top Bottom