• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
So I realized something else yesterday. Let's take a quick look at the trophy in question.

One of the biggest knocks against Krystal's inclusion right now is her trophy number. The playable characters have always been at the very beginning, right? There's no way she's in now if she's #421!

But if that's true...

...then why is Wario's trophy even later in the list?
Well I would say maybe they are separated by series but that wouldn't work, like how I explained before. That's just one of the reasons I doubt the trophy leak though

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Same here, I really preferred the on foot sections of Starfox Assault, and I have friends who liked them better too !

As for the conversation, Cities, I just realized something : did you allow other people to invite potentially interested persons ?

What I thought, first, when I realized that they couldn't talk about Fox's custom moves, was that Fox and Falco were one and only character, and that Fox had inherited Falco's special attacks. Since they were both the exact same character (animation wise) in Melee, I thought it would make sense for them to share a slot. Like they have variations on their specials : Falco kicks his reflector, Fox holds it close to his body. So thanks to customisation you could have Falco without having him. However, with the leak showing Falco on the character select screen, it's now impossible.

And I can't see the same happening with Wolf considering how different he is.

I just really hope Krystal will get in because I'd choose her before Falco and Wolf, honestly. Fox, Krystal and Wolf would be the perfect trio, and Fox, Krystal, Wolf and Falco the perfect quartet.

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
If the whole Leak is true (I'm 100% sure that is legit) why would someone (The leaker) fake the trophies?
The way I see it, the more content you have in a leak the more it looks to be true. The creator of the leak may have added it to get others to believe the leak as a whole. If I'm not mistaken it is believed that the DLC part of the leak is considered false to many. If those trophies are true though then I don't think those will be the final descriptions of the trophies at least. They seem too vague to me.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Same here, I really preferred the on foot sections of Starfox Assault, and I have friends who liked them better too !

As for the conversation, Cities, I just realized something : did you allow other people to invite potentially interested persons ?

What I thought, first, when I realized that they couldn't talk about Fox's custom moves, was that Fox and Falco were one and only character, and that Fox had inherited Falco's special attacks. Since they were both the exact same character (animation wise) in Melee, I thought it would make sense for them to share a slot. Like they have variations on their specials : Falco kicks his reflector, Fox holds it close to his body. So thanks to customisation you could have Falco without having him. However, with the leak showing Falco on the character select screen, it's now impossible.

And I can't see the same happening with Wolf considering how different he is.

I just really hope Krystal will get in because I'd choose her before Falco and Wolf, honestly. Fox, Krystal and Wolf would be the perfect trio, and Fox, Krystal, Wolf and Falco the perfect quartet.
Yes, I allowed others in the convo to invite people. It was one of the check-marked options.

So I realized something else yesterday. Let's take a quick look at the trophy in question.

One of the biggest knocks against Krystal's inclusion right now is her trophy number. The playable characters have always been at the very beginning, right? There's no way she's in now if she's #421!

But if that's true...

Hearken back to my proposal regarding this. It has confused me too, but I think the fighter trophies are at the end of the trophy list.

I only hope Fox and Falco have trophies from Assault again, like they had in Brawl. If they do, this trophy of Krystal means absolutely nothing against her potential inclusion. After all, Fox and Falco have been redesigned off of Command. If this is the case, it makes sense not to use her Command design as the 3DS version's trophy (even though Sakurai said the 3DS trophies will be mainly featured from handheld games, a la potd) because it would cause confusion regarding her Command-influenced redesign in Smash. That's why I said it was strange to have an Assault Krystal trophy on the 3DS version of Smash--as it's in the minority of trophies that may be featured from home console games on the 3DS version.

Time will tell.

Last edited:

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
I know this is going to be silly, but I think I've found another odd thing about the leaked Krystal trophy.

If you look closely at her mouth you'll notice some pink shading there and to me it looks her tongue is sticking out. I don't know if its her lip jutting out because since when does a fox have lips? I could be wrong though about that. What do you guys think it is?

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
I know this is going to be silly, but I think I've found another odd thing about the leaked Krystal trophy.

If you look closely at her mouth you'll notice some pink shading there and to me it looks her tongue is sticking out. I don't know if its her lip jutting out because since when does a fox have lips? I could be wrong though about that. What do you guys think it is?
It may just be her mouth being slightly open--and in a sly smile. Who knows?

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728

Also this is a new one, to me at least but look how the Krystal trophy is shaded on her left side. Her ear is barely visible, but that's not the point. We can agree that this trophy is in fact shaded right? Well if you look at other trophies that have been confirmed for the 3ds they don't appear to have shading as much as her trophy

Even mega man's blue stands out better than Krystal's does

The only thing that could explain this to me would be that the leaked trophies are just a darker image of the actual trophies, but then wouldn't the white on Krystal's face be darker on the darkened images? Just some thoughts, what do you guys think?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Also this is a new one, to me at least but look how the Krystal trophy is shaded on her left side. Her ear is barely visible, but that's not the point. We can agree that this trophy is in fact shaded right? Well if you look at other trophies that have been confirmed for the 3ds they don't appear to have shading as much as her trophy

The only thing that could explain this to me would be that the leaked trophies are just a darker image of the actual trophies, but then wouldn't the white on Krystal's face be darker on the darkened images? Just some thoughts, what do you guys think?
It could be that the Krystal trophy is to close to the camera, but that's just me.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

And compare it to wario's trophy which is far less harsh

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
I just looked back at the leaked trophy photos again which can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/PzeCw

As I looked at the photos again I noticed that only 4 of the leaked trophy photos show the stand/platform they stand on and others don't show a stand/platform. Correct me if I'm wrong, but when Sakurai reveals a collectable trophy in the game doesn't he show the whole trophy complete with it's stand/platform showing? It strikes me as a little odd as to why some of the leaked trophy pictures are zoomed in, and not showing the whole trophy complete with it's stand/platform showing because that's how Sakurai likes to show them as I stated before.

Luminario

Smash Lord
I just looked back at the leaked trophy photos again which can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/PzeCw

As I looked at the photos again I noticed that only 4 of the leaked trophy photos show the stand/platform they stand on and others don't show a stand/platform. Correct me if I'm wrong, but when Sakurai reveals a collectable trophy in the game doesn't he show the whole trophy complete with it's stand/platform showing? It strikes me as a little odd as to why some of the leaked trophy pictures are zoomed in, and not showing the whole trophy complete with it's stand/platform showing because that's how Sakurai likes to show them as I stated before.
Weren't the zoomed in trophies for the ESRB so they could review any questionable content? That would explain the shameless sexual shots of the women.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Weren't the zoomed in trophies for the ESRB so they could review any questionable content? That would explain the shameless sexual shots of the women.
The leaks weren't confirmed from a ESRB person it was an NoA employee that supposedly leaked the information, so I don't think it has to do with them I think. That and plus the Krystal trophy picture isn't zoomed in on anything questionably sexual on her.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
The leaks weren't confirmed from a ESRB person it was an NoA employee that supposedly leaked the information, so I don't think it has to do with them I think. That and plus the Krystal trophy picture isn't zoomed in on anything questionably sexual on her.
I thought the NoA employee that leaked this info had something to do with sending the content to ERSB? The Krystal picture did zoom in on her upper body to show there wasn't anything really graphic.

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
I thought the NoA employee that leaked this info had something to do with sending the content to ERSB? The Krystal picture did zoom in on her upper body to show there wasn't anything really graphic.
There actually hasn't been any evidence that the leak was from a NoA employee yet

D

Deleted member

Maybe her mouth is slightly open like this

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
The only thing that makes me doubt is the low quality render that is used for Krystal's trophy (You can see the texture on the jewell thing that she has on her head. It's like part of her skin) I mean, every 3DS Trophy that Sakurai showed are amazing in terms of quality and textures. The render used for Krystal's trophy could easily be any of the Krystal Renders that you can find all over the internet.

D

Deleted member

The only thing that makes me doubt is the low quality render that is used for Krystal's trophy (You can see the texture on the jewell thing that she has on her head. It's like part of her skin) I mean, every 3DS Trophy that Sakurai showed are amazing in terms of quality and textures. The render used for Krystal's trophy could easily be any of the Krystal Renders that you can find all over the internet.
Well the Assault version of Krystal has her tiara (Thats what its supposed to be...I guess) literally textured on her head

Left is Krystal's original Assault texture & Right is from the Krystal mod for Brawl, notice how her tiara sticks out more

Last edited by a moderator:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135

But if that's true...

I always just assumed it's because the trophies are in alphabetical order. As far as Wario goes at least. Seems werid to have a K all the way in the 400 mark. But that could be the case. Maybe check the other trophies to see what number they are?

I was bummed to see the photo of Krystal's trophy. So hopefully she ends up being in, but I see her potentially being DLC now. Hopefully they do a vote so we can ask for her inclusion.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Apparently Vaanrose is acting like he doesn't think there are any characters not mentioned in the leak. Can anyone clarify, and judge the chance of his source witholding anything or not having the full roster on his or her copy?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Apparently Vaanrose is acting like he doesn't think there are any characters not mentioned in the leak. Can anyone clarify, and judge the chance of his source witholding anything or not having the full roster on his or her copy?
You will probably have better luck asking in the leak thread than here tbh...

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
I always just assumed it's because the trophies are in alphabetical order. As far as Wario goes at least. Seems werid to have a K all the way in the 400 mark. But that could be the case. Maybe check the other trophies to see what number they are?
Just checked and phosphora is about 200 trophies before Krystal according to the leak so it's not ABC order there

Also not categorized by game since phosphora is 228 and specknose is 488

Edit: so since the 3ds and Wii U are suppose to have trophies coresponding with their system games mostly (with a big acception when it comes to characters most likely), would the leaked image of Krystal's trophy in a sense boost her odds since she has only been in 1 hand held and she is in her assault uniform in the leak? (Not saying these trophies are true though)

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
On the note about Custom move-sets for Fox that's comparable to most of Falco's move-set, I can agree that some moves can be 'dumped' in Fox customs so that Falco isn't that necessary to be playable this time around. I found it baffling that :fox64:'s blaster had hit-stun but removed it in :foxmelee: to give to :falcomelee: instead. That's an easy fix of Fox's custom move-set Blaster to 'replace' Falco. The Reflector kicked comment from @ Princess Toady Princess Toady was a fair point considering they aren't that different besides the animations & the SFX from each. Phantasm literally are different because one doesn't have a meteor smash element while one does, being Falco. Fire Fox / Bird was different from one being longer & powerful, while the other was short & multi-hit. Seems like Falco's should be short & powerful so-to-speak to have some video game logic right? Nope. Custom-move-sets would solve this as well.

Overall if custom move-sets was used as an argument against Falco, it does make his unique appearance lackluster, & it's kind of eggsposing if you ask me.
:4yoshi:
However Falco's A & X buttons are mostly different. & Falco has seniority as well. So despite Wolf planned to be in Smash 64, & Wolf cut for Falco instead of Wolf getting in Melee, it goes back on "Wolf or Krystal?" Yet most likely they're both DLC. I still find those trophy leaks far fetched considering that Brawl could make sorted lists of what you wanted in order, when the leaker may have just done that to fool us. Wario is so late on the number, it seems that the list is sorted by Franchise / series A - Z, & not alphabetical order overall.

Last edited:

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Wow, Everyone covered what I was going to suggest about her trophy xD What throws me off are the numbers of each trophy. Candy Kong is after Krystal which would mean that it's not in Abc nor in order of each franchise cause DK is before Star Fox.

BUT the downside is that these trophies could be listed by the order obtained.. Which would make a lot of sense. :c Sakurai also suggested that there's more assist trophies on the Wii U than the 3DS so we aren't done hoping she won't be a POTD after the 3ds release. xc I know neither of this helps her chances. :/

It's hard having to wait for Wii U info.. I kinda wish that Sakurai blatantly said ALL trophies will be unplayable instead of only saying Brittany isn't so that we'd know how to feel about the Krystal trophy already.. instead of having to wait.:nervous:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Wow, Everyone covered what I was going to suggest about her trophy xD What throws me off are the numbers of each trophy. Candy Kong is after Krystal which would mean that it's not in Abc nor in order of each franchise cause DK is before Star Fox.

BUT the downside is that these trophies could be listed by the order obtained.. Which would make a lot of sense. :c Sakurai also suggested that there's more assist trophies on the Wii U than the 3DS so we aren't done hoping she won't be a POTD after the 3ds release. xc I know neither of this helps her chances. :/

It's hard having to wait for Wii U info.. I kinda wish that Sakurai blatantly said ALL trophies will be unplayable instead of only saying Brittany isn't so that we'd know how to feel about the Krystal trophy already.. instead of having to wait.:nervous:
My point about franchise / series in order A - Z is shot down. I'm glad now that I'm wrong, (not kidding, I'm glad thank you to the max) & that it can still be a sorted list feature to view trophies.

Despite all this, she's still in the neutral zone.:shades: Sakurai brought up something recent about a character we haven't heard about yet, so hoping on that will be good. WiiU having more AT's than 4DS makes sense, perhaps some of Wolf's StarWolf crew will be ATs <3

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
What a complete and total mess. Assist trophies that can be final smashes are of course going to lead to more straws for fans to grasp. Waluigi is still alive! I can't wait until the weekend after next.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
What do you mean by 'assist trophies that can be FS' ?
http://smashbros-miiverse.com/pic-of-the-day

«The legendary hero Riki appears as an Assist Trophy and in Shulk's Final Smash!! As an Assist Trophy, he uses many arts like Happy Happy, Freezinate, and Yoink! He sounds a bit like Tingle...but don't worry, Tingle will make an appearance too. By the way, a cursor will appear above Assist Trophies and Pokémon to indicate which fighter is its ally. Now you can tell right off the bat who it belongs to!!» 01.Sep.2014

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Well I hope the Wii u version is talked about more soon...it's krystals last chance other then dlc

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Thanks !

Awesome, I'm so glad Riki is heavily featured ! Hopefully Krystal can both be a playable character and a character that talks in the Starfox stage.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
If Krystal would be a DLC character, it would probably also mean that you don't unlock anything by playing with her. So people wouldn't feel "cheated" to have to buy DLC to get all trophies. So her trophy already being there shouldn't cause any problems. I actually never played StarFox Adventures, but I would still pay money for her, if she would become a fighter later on.

Fox fan6667

Smash Cadet
Why is sakrui being quiet about star fox? If this game has been made in development 7 years now should we be have more than 1 rep? And if the leak is 100% real then i will not be happy with falco or fox. We need atleast 3. 2 Vets and 1 newcomer.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Why is sakrui being quiet about star fox? If this game has been made in development 7 years now should we be have more than 1 rep? And if the leak is 100% real then i will not be happy with falco or fox. We need atleast 3. 2 Vets and 1 newcomer.
Oh no, the 7 years was referring to the development for the Star Fox Wii U game, not Smash Brothers. I was referring to the developmental relevance of Star Fox, and how it's potentially important for Smash.

However, about Sakurai being quiet about Star Fox... ;)

Well, lets just say it's not time yet. It should be obvious to us. There's gotta be a reason why he's been quiet about it. What's he holding back? Perhaps it's something that will fall into order once/after he reveals more information about the Great Fox stage, after the 3DS version has been released.

Similar things could be said for the Donkey Kong series. "K. Rool, Dixie? I'll keep my eyes out for ya."

I have some proposals:

What if Vaanrose and Ninka only had connections to the 3DS playtester builds? What if the Wii U playtester builds have not been given to people yet? And finally, could the Wii U version feature more characters, initially, that need to be transferred or downloaded to/for the 3DS version?

So many questions...

Last edited:

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Sakurai brought up something recent about a character we haven't heard about yet, so hoping on that will be good.
Where did you see or hear this from if I may ask? I never came across anything about Sakurai referring to a character we haven't seen yet anywhere.

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Anyways it seems the gameplay was not the full game so its not over yet (for the 3ds we also got wii u still in shot)

Fox fan6667

Smash Cadet
Oh no, the 7 years was referring to the development for the Star Fox Wii U game, not Smash Brothers. I was referring to the developmental relevance of Star Fox, and how it's potentially important for Smash.

However, about Sakurai being quiet about Star Fox... ;)

Well, lets just say it's not time yet. It should be obvious to us. There's gotta be a reason why he's been quiet about it. What's he holding back? Perhaps it's something that will fall into order once/after he reveals more information about the Great Fox stage, after the 3DS version has been released.

Similar things could be said for the Donkey Kong series. "K. Rool, Dixie? I'll keep my eyes out for ya."

I have some proposals:

What if Vaanrose and Ninka only had connections to the 3DS playtester builds? What if the Wii U playtester builds have not been given to people yet? And finally, could the Wii U version feature more characters, initially, that need to be transferred or downloaded to/for the 3DS version?

So many questions...
Sakuri already said that both systems will be haveing the same characters.

Top Bottom