• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

CaptainQuestion

Smash Cadet
Okay, I got some stuff for tou guys today.

First of all, I'd like you to look at Wario in the Leaked (And we can agree that is 100% legit) roster.

Ok, now that you had a good look at it, I want you to check Wario's Leaked Trophy:

Wario in the Roster, Wario Trophy and the little icon of Wario on the bottom screen of the Trophy screen. All three images MATCH I'd say perfectly. What does this have to do with Krystal? Well, check this out:

The trophy and the Icon on the bottom screen Match perfectly (It's not the same angle, but you can see her hand close to her chin like in the trophy)

Wario is definetely a playable character, and all 3 images match. We don't know about Krystal, but we have a match between the two images. Maybe it's just me, maybe this doesn't mean anything. But, you know, it's something.
The icons on the bottom screen are always just a shot of the trophy, so this really doesn't mean anything.
For instance:
Unless you think Candy Kong is also likely to be playable.

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
Oh no, that was about something else. I've already shared that--it wasn't a list, just some info.

This was something I have been internally debating to post for over a vast amount of time. I have always said that the time didn't present itself. Now, it seems someone beat me to the punch, so I thought I'd share my thoughts about it.

In theory, this could be good news for Krystal, yes. It depends on whether or not this list is a legitimate for character suggestions. However, no one can prove its legitimacy.
But it hasn't been disproven yet right?

Yeah. At the time when I 1st read this back in 2011 I thought it was fake for sure especially with Mega Man listed but we know what happened with him. x) To me this became my personal check list and with the website updated with pokemon that just checked another one off :)

Yeah I found that weird too xD I wasn't trying to make you guys have high hopes but I wouldn't say it's left for dead just yet. I'd just like to wait til 2016 to give up cause during 2015 is when we'll get a bunch of Star Fox info and in that same year DLC is most likely for Smash. xD Of course I'm not suggesting only Krystal. :)

No way! :D I should follow you back on there if I haven't xD

Oh sorry to burst your bubble. :c To think this was on your mind the whole time xD I've always liked your theories and they were always logical. :) I just find it odd Krystal is the only one that isn't a assist trophy which makes me think, characters that are just trophies like Wonder Red could have a shot as DLC cause he didn't say that HE was unplayable though he is a trophy. But I wanted to share it cause I wasn't sure if any of you knew that leak or not. By the time we get all the Wii U info, that whole list will be in Smash one way or another. ^^
Umm I don't think so but you may be. But my nnid is the same if you want to look me up.
Okay, I got some stuff for tou guys today.

First of all, I'd like you to look at Wario in the Leaked (And we can agree that is 100% legit) roster.

Ok, now that you had a good look at it, I want you to check Wario's Leaked Trophy:

Wario in the Roster, Wario Trophy and the little icon of Wario on the bottom screen of the Trophy screen. All three images MATCH I'd say perfectly. What does this have to do with Krystal? Well, check this out:

The trophy and the Icon on the bottom screen Match perfectly (It's not the same angle, but you can see her hand close to her chin like in the trophy)

Wario is definetely a playable character, and all 3 images match. We don't know about Krystal, but we have a match between the two images. Maybe it's just me, maybe this doesn't mean anything. But, you know, it's something.
I'm not actually totally sold on this leak, at least the trophies. Those descriptions just don't really seem like something that would be written in there by Sakurai to me.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
So I see shulk on my subscriptions.....Well I'm just gonna say krystal is hidden or dlc

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
I have no clue when I'm double posting but I'll try to stop it! D: I'm scared to post anything now or to even press enter to section of my comments :cry: xD @ TheRandomCities4 TheRandomCities4 That makes complete sense and even further gives me reason to just wait to see what Sakurai has in store for the Wii U version. :) I'm dying to see that Assault stage in action and I'm curious what conversations the Star Fox team will have on there. Thanks everyone for welcoming me! It's fun here and I love the environment! ^^ @Tillie-152 YOU'RE FOLLOWING ME TOO?! O.O I never would've guessed anybody knew who I was xD Anyways, there's definitely something big awaiting on the Wii U version especially with the villains the way they keep foreshadowing them in the trailers. Maybe it's something like Mario Party 10 where the player with the gamepad is the villain and the other 4 players are against them.. was always curious if they were going to do something special with the 5 players in smash.. :confused:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Haven't been here since yesterday / two days ago perhaps so sup everyone.
I'm a bit late but Welcome to Smashboards @ Krayon Kaphonie Krayon Kaphonie :shades:. Your artwork of Krystal imo is on a level of hotness that manliness would approve.
:4falcon:
As for my intake of Krystal now, it still hasn't changed. Star Fox series cut to 2 slots only by the leaks is. . .we'll just have to see because that's some festery. For me she seems more likely to be an announce-able newcomer sometime in October - November if she's miraculously held back for a surprise by Sakurai to hype up the WiiU corresponding with @ TheRandomCities4 TheRandomCities4 's theories of marketing.

Really this is getting eggciting.:4yoshi:

Last edited:

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
I have no clue when I'm double posting but I'll try to stop it! D: I'm scared to post anything now or to even press enter to section of my comments :cry: xD @ TheRandomCities4 TheRandomCities4 That makes complete sense and even further gives me reason to just wait to see what Sakurai has in store for the Wii U version. :) I'm dying to see that Assault stage in action and I'm curious what conversations the Star Fox team will have on there. Thanks everyone for welcoming me! It's fun here and I love the environment! ^^ @Tillie-152 YOU'RE FOLLOWING ME TOO?! O.O I never would've guessed anybody knew who I was xD Anyways, there's definitely something big awaiting on the Wii U version especially with the villains the way they keep foreshadowing them in the trailers. Maybe it's something like Mario Party 10 where the player with the gamepad is the villain and the other 4 players are against them.. was always curious if they were going to do something special with the 5 players in smash.. :confused:
Moderators here are not as harsh as you may have seen on miiverse, so don't worry about your typing as much or using the enter key. The main thing you may get stuck for is posting twice in the same thread without someone else posting, they prefer if you'd use the edit button on the first comment to add the content you would post in the second one. As far as the new Star Fox stage, it looks awesome! Can't wait to see what Sakurai has designed into the stage

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Hm...so I've been looking at the most-likely-accurate-now-but-from-an-early-build CSS, and I've noticed a couple things.

So if there are newcomers missing--which seems likely right now--they'd have to fit into the CSS, right? Unless a bunch of things got rearranged, they'd avoiding separating franchises by line. That brings me to some conclusions:

-It'd be really freaking hard to get Ridley to work in that setup. The only way you'd keep from separating the Metroid reps was if there were also two newcomers from DK and Zelda combined...which is possible. But then you'd be separating the Kirby characters, unless Little Mac was moved to before them or someone else was slotted in after Robin. Could Isaac or Matthew still make it, or is Ridley just not in the cards?

-Meanwhile, it's actually be easier to get a rep from Star Fox or Pokemon...relatively. R.O.B. would slide down a row...although that'd separate him and DHD as retro characters, which might not be a problem when Mr. Game & Watch is way off by himself, but it'd be kind of weird to put the robot at the start of the row, in front of Ness. Alternatively, we could get two from Star Fox and Pokemon, but that'd entail moving the clones down a row and leaving the second-last row smaller than the last. Then you'd still have to fit the Mii Fighters' box in somewhere when customizations are on...and possibly room for a DLC box.

I guess what I'm saying is, it'd take some crafty maneuvering no matter what, but Krystal may actually be more likely than some other newcomers at this point. It all banks on how true that trophy screenshot was and to what extent that trophy meant.

...Speaking of which, isn't it strange there were so many screenshots of trophies of attractive women, yet not a mention of Swimsuit Shulk? I'm pretty sure the 18 year old adventurer in his underwear counts as fanservice as much as they did...

Last edited:

Fox fan6667

Smash Cadet
Hm...so I've been looking at the most-likely-accurate-now-but-from-an-early-build CSS, and I've noticed a couple things.

So if there are newcomers missing--which seems likely right now--they'd have to fit into the CSS, right? Unless a bunch of things got rearranged, they'd avoiding separating franchises by line. That brings me to some conclusions:

-It'd be really freaking hard to get Ridley to work in that setup. The only way you'd keep from separating the Metroid reps was if there were also two newcomers from DK and Zelda combined...which is possible. But then you'd be separating the Kirby characters, unless Little Mac was moved to before them or someone else was slotted in after Robin. Could Isaac or Matthew still make it, or is Ridley just not in the cards?

-Meanwhile, it's actually be easier to get a rep from Star Fox or Pokemon...relatively. R.O.B. would slide down a row...although that'd separate him and DHD as retro characters, which might not be a problem when Mr. Game & Watch is way off by himself, but it'd be kind of weird to put the robot at the start of the row, in front of Ness. Alternatively, we could get two from Star Fox and Pokemon, but that'd entail moving the clones down a row and leaving the second-last row smaller than the last. Then you'd still have to fit the Mii Fighters' box in somewhere when customizations are on...and possibly room for a DLC box.

I guess what I'm saying is, it'd take some crafty maneuvering no matter what, but Krystal may actually be more likely than some other newcomers at this point. It all banks on how true that trophy screenshot was and to what extent that trophy meant.

...Speaking of which, isn't it strange there were so many screenshots of trophies of attractive women, yet not a mention of Swimsuit Shulk? I'm pretty sure the 18 year old adventurer in his underwear counts as fanservice as much as they did...
hey speaking of that if u have a 3ds click on google. then type super smash bros. When u get there click on characters. When u get there click on meta night, then keep scrolling down to the page in tell u find pit. there are 7-8 slots of characters left. Now it looks legit. i dont know how to upload photos really well so if u can do it. By the way make sure that when u click meta knight it shows the 3 characters on the bottom. if it does then click next page intell u find pit there should be slots after him if u scroll down

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Actually, on the topic of alts (like Shulk's "underwear" alt and Samus's gym outfit of recent)...

Sakurai has quite the array of possible alts to use for Krystal:

(Art, courtesy of scificat via Deviantart)

Now that I think about it, a Dinosaur Planet alt (the one on the far left) would totally be a Sakurai-esque thing to give Krystal (seeing how Little Mac's alts were handled). That is, of course, if it doesn't infringe upon Rareware copyright. Seeing as how Nintendo owns Krystal now, they'd probably be able to use that design as an alt without problem--unless the design is copyrighted, or something like that.

By the way, I hope some people are mature enough to not bring up a certain long-debated, long-unnecessary topic from this picture. If that "specific topic" were trouble for Nintendo, they'd have never kept her in Star Fox in the first place. I'm talking about alts here, not inconveniences or wastes of time. :rolleyes:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Actually, on the topic of alts (like Shulk's "underwear" alt and Samus's gym outfit of recent)...

Now that I think about it, a Dinosaur Planet alt (the one on the far left) would totally be a Sakurai-esque thing to give Krystal (seeing how Little Mac's alts were handled). That is, of course, if it doesn't infringe upon Rareware copyright. Seeing as how Nintendo owns Krystal now, they'd probably be able to use that design as an alt without problem--unless the design is copyrighted, or something like that.

By the way, I hope some people are mature enough to not bring up a certain long-debated, long-unnecessary topic from this picture. If that "specific topic" were trouble for Nintendo, they'd have never kept her in Star Fox in the first place. I'm talking about alts here, not inconveniences or wastes of time. :rolleyes:
I found my new desktop background. :colorful: Yeah its a possibility but I will be just as happy if we get the star fox adventure alt (Cmon Sakurai Pls!)

Last edited:

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Well with Shulk confirmed I guess this means the leak could possibly be legit, but this is Sakurai we're talking about so will never know what will happen next. As for Krystal I'll hope for the best and cross my fingers that she'll get in someway.

Anyway if she gets in I'd love to post a big I told you so to the "Krystal deconfirmed believers" and have this epic song playing in the background:
Since this theme goes with everything we can play it in victory if Krystal does get in. It will show the "Krystal deconfirmed believers" that the leaked Krystal trophy never ment she wasn't a playable character.

Last edited:

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Moderators here are not as harsh as you may have seen on miiverse, so don't worry about your typing as much or using the enter key. The main thing you may get stuck for is posting twice in the same thread without someone else posting, they prefer if you'd use the edit button on the first comment to add the content you would post in the second one. As far as the new Star Fox stage, it looks awesome! Can't wait to see what Sakurai has designed into the stage
So THAT'S what double posting is xD!! Okay I'll make sure I don't. Thanks. ^^

(Art, courtesy of scificat via Deviantart)

Oh wow! I've seen this picture before but I never enlarged it and actually appreciated it! :D I like how the artist illustrated her command suit. ^-^ I wonder why they go with the Assault suit instead of the recent one in Smash.. o.o

This is semi off topic but, I read about how Nintendo was thinking of putting Mario in Splatoon. To me, I kinda wish they'd go with Fox instead or maybe even the whole Star Fox team. Not necessarily changing Splatoon into a Star Fox title but just having Fox and others as guest playable characters would pretty cool to start the "Year of Star Fox". Of course there will be people that will be upset that him and his team is out of thier arwings again sooooo... :L

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
So.... how can i get into this here convo you guys are having....

I realllly want krystal in this game, and since you guys are barely around i assume you guys are in that convo.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
There's one but Cities doesn't know how to add more than 10 pple.

And personally I don't see any option to add more people either...

Last edited:

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
Just wondering, how would everyone feel if Wolf became a skin with Fox and his moves were Fox's custom moves thus in a way opening a spot for Krystal to be in and keeping Starfox reps technically at 3? Just thought of this really

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Just wondering, how would everyone feel if Wolf became a skin with Fox and his moves were Fox's custom moves thus in a way opening a spot for Krystal to be in and keeping Starfox reps technically at 3? Just thought of this really
It's not impossible, yet I wonder why Sakurai would try to cap Star Fox at 3 characters. Why is that the magic number?

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
It's not impossible, yet I wonder why Sakurai would try to cap Star Fox at 3 characters. Why is that the magic number?
I honestly would think 4 would be the magic number with Starfox since it has always been 4 arwings with their 4 pilots but anyways I do know that people have made their arguments about it not being a relevant game anymore (even if I disagree). I just thought that if Sakurai did do it this way he would kinda satisfy both sides

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Back then before even touching Wolf in Brawl, I would of considered this & been okay with it.
Playing Wolf now in Brawl makes me want to disagree against it, but ultimately my decent nature of it would accept this possible outcome. 3 is a good number for Star Fox's series but 4 can be done. If Mario is getting 7, LoZ is getting 5-6, Pokemon is getting 5 6 or 7, Kirby being the fourth main series mascot for Smash Bros. having 3-4, Star Fox can have 3-4.

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
Back then before even touching Wolf in Brawl, I would of considered this & been okay with it.
Playing Wolf now in Brawl makes me want to disagree against it, but ultimately my decent nature of it would accept this possible outcome. 3 is a good number for Star Fox's series but 4 can be done. If Mario is getting 7, LoZ is getting 5-6, Pokemon is getting 5 6 or 7, Kirby being the fourth main series mascot for Smash Bros. having 3-4, Star Fox can have 3-4.
I do see your point, wolf plays very different in brawl than fox. I just remembered though that back in melee Falco was meant to be wolf but Sakurai thought fox and wolf would look too similar so he switched him for Falco. I'm not too sure on a source for this though, but that's what kinda brought this idea to mind. Also if Kirby does end up getting Bandana Waddle Dee then Krystal better be coming in as well. (Nothing against Waddle Dee)

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I could see the series' stagnation as of late being a reason to keep it at 3, but now, only two characters might be a stretch. Honestly, though, I'd take Krystal over Wolf, and would've even when Brawl was in development. I'd rather have a wholly original moveset and unique playstyle than a semi-clone any day.

...Although Falco better have been Luigified even more this time, or I'll be wishing he got dropped instead...

As far as the group convo goes, can anyone else invite members? Was Cities the only one who could before? I need all the information I can get, so I can relay it.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I do see your point, wolf plays very different in brawl than fox. I just remembered though that back in melee Falco was meant to be wolf but Sakurai thought fox and wolf would look too similar so he switched him for Falco. I'm not too sure on a source for this though, but that's what kinda brought this idea to mind. Also if Kirby does end up getting Bandana Waddle Dee then Krystal better be coming in as well. (Nothing against Waddle Dee)
None taken. My opinion on BD is neutral & wouldn't mind his inclusion to be in SSB4 and / or 5. Like Krystal's case though I'd want her in more than BD, they're two newcomer fighters I would like to get my hands on & play them.
I could see the series' stagnation as of late being a reason to keep it at 3, but now, only two characters might be a stretch. Honestly, though, I'd take Krystal over Wolf, and would've even when Brawl was in development. I'd rather have a wholly original moveset and unique playstyle than a semi-clone any day.

...Although Falco better have been Luigified even more this time, or I'll be wishing he got dropped instead...

As far as the group convo goes, can anyone else invite members? Was Cities the only one who could before? I need all the information I can get, so I can relay it.
Same. I find it funny that Fox's blaster got changed just for Falco's blaster to take it's element (hit-stun). Instead of blasters, & landmasters, let's have a staff with magic properties & acrobatic fox-moves that Krystal would bring to the table.

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace

Yeah, I started the convo and added as many as I could (10). That's just about the gist of it.

Though it said, "you can only add up to 10 at a time".

Last edited:

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728

Hmm maybe they'll make Falco a skin of fox since they're even more similar than fox and wolf? And yeah I'd definitely take Krystal over wolf or falco. I'd love the variety in Star Fox characters with different moves

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Well, there's also the fact that Miyamoto is considering 2015 to be the "year of Star Fox". Also, the new Star Fox game has been in development for over roughly 7 years now, so it wasn't particularly stagnant behind developmental doors.

Promoting a franchise via Smash just before something significant from it (a game, or something of the sort) releases is not necessarily out of the question--in my opinion. It builds hype.

Time will tell.

Last edited:

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
Well, there's also the fact that Miyamoto is considering 2015 to be the "year of Star Fox". Also, the new Star Fox game has been in development for over roughly 7 years now, so it wasn't particularly stagnant behind developmental doors.

Promoting a franchise via Smash just before something significant from it (a game, or something of the sort) releases is not necessarily out of the question--in my opinion. It builds hype.

Time will tell.
Yeah 2 weeks until we know the starting roster! I still think DLC will happen and possibly your theory though so I'll keep believing for her inclusion if she hasn't shown up by then

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Yeah 2 weeks until we know the starting roster! I still think DLC will happen and possibly your theory though so I'll keep believing for her inclusion if she hasn't shown up by then
Agreed.

I see 3 possibilities:
  1. Standalone DLC of characters for both versions.
  2. The theory has some truth in it.
  3. The 3DS roster is all we will get.
I just gotta say...

The 3DS roster can't be the full story. Nintendo must have something else up their sleeves, or else marketing for the Wii U version will be a hassle. Only some people will truly pay attention to the Wii U version's information (when Sakurai gives us Wii U potds) because they'll already be playing the 3DS version! Why pay attention to the Wii U version when I'm already playing Sm4sh with the 3DS?

Beyond that, since they'll own the 3DS version already, the information Sakurai gives (unless its truly gripping *cough*characters*cough*) probably won't be appealing enough for people to want to spend more money for the Wii U version as well. That is, unless they have their mind already set on experiencing all that Sm4sh has to offer--which isn't everyone, I can guarantee that. People want to save money where they can.

Last edited:

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
Agreed.

I see 3 possibilities:
  1. Standalone DLC of characters for both versions.
  2. The theory has some truth in it.
  3. The 3DS roster is all we will get.
I just gotta say...

The 3DS roster can't be the full story. Nintendo must have something else up their sleeves, or else marketing for the Wii U version will be a hassle. Not many people will pay much attention to the Wii U version's information (when Sakurai gives us Wii U potds) because they'll be playing the 3DS version!

Beyond that, since they'll own the 3DS version already, the information Sakurai gives (unless its truly gripping *cough*characters*cough*) probably won't be appealing enough for people to want to spend more money for the Wii U version as well. That is, unless they have their mind already set on experiencing all that Sm4sh has to offer--which isn't everyone, I can guarantee that. People want to save money where they can.
I'm thinking the same way. So far the only thing I see going for the Wii U version is 1 console multiplayer, different stages, better graphics, and will most likely have a campaign in it similar to SSE (my guess). I don't see that being enough to push the sales of the Wii U version, especially since it is coming out on a later date. There has to be something (most likely characters) that Sakurai is hiding up his sleeve. Also I would consider the addition of Shulk a little booster for the marketing theory. I know nothing of exenoblade but I'm pretty sure shulk is more popular in Japan (correct me if I'm wrong)

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
I'm thinking the same way. So far the only thing I see going for the Wii U version is 1 console multiplayer, different stages, better graphics, and will most likely have a campaign in it similar to SSE (my guess). I don't see that being enough to push the sales of the Wii U version, especially since it is coming out on a later date. There has to be something (most likely characters) that Sakurai is hiding up his sleeve. Also I would consider the addition of Shulk a little booster for the marketing theory. I know nothing of exenoblade but I'm pretty sure shulk is more popular in Japan (correct me if I'm wrong)
Besides...

Let's think about the market outside of us speculators. You know, the ~12,000,000 people who eventually get the game. What will get their attention?

The only things I can think of that will affect this particular market, difference-wise, currently, between the 3DS and Wii U versions, are the better graphics and bigger screen--sans Gamecube controller.

However, the 3DS version will still be out 2-3 months prior to the Wii U version's release. Thus, the pressure to buy the 3DS version will exist in this market outside of us speculators.

Now, let me ask this question again...

What will force those people to pay attention to the Wii U version, even after knowing the 3DS version will have been playable for 2-3 months already?

I'll let that fester in all of your minds for a while. Business can satisfy people, but in cruel ways.

EDIT: Let's try not to stray too far off the topic of Krystal--even though this theory is indirectly related to her.

Last edited:

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
How would Mario or Fox work in Splatoon though ? They can't transform into squids, can they ?
Whoa! I didn't think of that xD!!! Nintendo would always finds a way to shove Mario or Fox in a game though. :) I just hope down the road we won't hear that Splatoon was originally going to be a Star Fox game too. >.<' I'd be SO happy with a Nintendo Land 2 with a Star Fox Attraction. The female Miis would have silver rings on their tails like Krystal.:awesome: The gameplay would probably just be Arwing only though.:ohwell: I liked On Foot mode more. x)

I've been going back and forth trying to make up my mind if I wanted to get Smash for the 3DS at launch cause I know I'm going to like the Wii U one more and I'm rarely going to play on my 3ds after that one comes out. I barely play on it anyway cause I'm more of a home console gamer. But with that new 3ds XL I think I will get both versions instead of only the Wii U version. I'd be able to play better with the new button functions and larger screen. -^.^-

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
So I realized something else yesterday. Let's take a quick look at the trophy in question.

One of the biggest knocks against Krystal's inclusion right now is her trophy number. The playable characters have always been at the very beginning, right? There's no way she's in now if she's #421!

But if that's true...

...then why is Wario's trophy even later in the list?

Last edited:
Top Bottom