• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
Okay I have two more points now that I've looked at the other trophies in this leak.

1: so Krystal's number is 421, while Pauline's is 436 and Candy Kong's is 446. That just seems way to close for 3 different franchises in the trophies when there is 686 trophies.

2: at first glance I thought, how do I know which game these trophies are from? It says nothing about the franchise in the description of these leaks but in past games always has, as shown

I figured out a few of their games by the symbol of the game shown behind the description of the trophies but some of them like Krystal's did not show the Star Fox logo behind it unlike some of the leaks

Then I noticed that there were some differences between the trophy that Sakurai has shown and these leaks.

(Leaked image)

(Sakurai's PotD in the past)

There's just some things wrong here, especially about Krystal's trophy. What's your guys' thoughts about this?

D

Deleted member

Okay I have two more points now that I've looked at the other trophies in this leak.

1: so Krystal's number is 421, while Pauline's is 436 and Candy Kong's is 446. That just seems way to close for 3 different franchises in the trophies when there is 686 trophies.

2: at first glance I thought, how do I know which game these trophies are from? It says nothing about the franchise in the description of these leaks but in past games always has, as shown

I figured out a few of their games by the symbol of the game shown behind the description of the trophies but some of them like Krystal's did not show the Star Fox logo behind it unlike some of the leaks

Then I noticed that there were some differences between the trophy that Sakurai has shown and these leaks.

(Leaked image)

There's just some things wrong here, especially about Krystal's trophy. What's your guys' thoughts about this?
The Star Fox symbol does appear in Krystal's description but its very hard to notice since the quality is abysmal.

As for knowing which game the trophies are from...I don't have any ideas.

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
The Star Fox symbol does appear in Krystal's description but its very hard to notice since the quality is abysmal.

As for knowing which game the trophies are from...I don't have any ideas.
I must not be seeing it, I only see the lines going down the screen but can't quiet make out the Star Fox logo there, is there a different image?

Morbi

Scavenger

(Leaked image)

I do not understand your second notion, Sakurai does not assert which game Dr. Wily is from either... unless I am missing something.

D

Deleted member

I must not be seeing it, I only see the lines going down the screen but can't quiet make out the Star Fox logo there, is there a different image?
I tried to sharpen it, hopefully you can see it within the line I drew in

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
I do not understand your second notion, Sakurai does not assert which game Dr. Wily is from either... unless I am missing something.
If you read the first line of Dr.Wily's trophy it says, "a mad scientist from the mega man series"

Morbi

Scavenger
If you read the first line of Dr.Wily's trophy it says, "a mad scientist from the mega man series"
The series has quite a few games, if I am not mistaken. I thought your point was that he establishes which game they come from. Such as Krystal's trophy coming from Star Fox Adventures, the portion you circled. Unless there is a game called, "Mega Man Series," that is.

Last edited:

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
The series has quite a few games, if I am not mistaken. I thought your point was that he establishes which game they come from. Such as Krystal's trophy coming from Star Fox Adventures, the portion you circled. Unless there is a game called, "Mega Man Series," that is.
I actually didn't circle that haha, that was just the first Krystal trophy picture I could find on the internet with the description on it. I believe someone around here on smash boards actually drew that circle for their own reference since it was sited to here.
I tried to sharpen it, hopefully you can see it within the line I drew in

I do see it in yours and thanks for doing that but just seems odd that the words would be so clear yet that part of the image would be almost unseeable.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Any hopes for today's Direct? (Not only regarding to Krystal)
My prediction for this direct is that it will feature a bunch of Japanese games we've never heard of with a last second Smash Bros. plug at the end. People will be disappointed and angry that they stayed up (or woke up) at a pretty ungodly hour to watch a presentation that won't deliver the type of buzz they're looking for. If any character not named Krystal were to be revealed in something like this, I think it would be Shulk or the Chorus Kids. Even still, it would be terrible marketing to have the American audience discover second hand that anything noteworthy went down.

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
You guys have NO IDEA how long I've been following your discussions without an an account xD I've been stalking you guys since a few months before Star Fox for Wii U was announced and I immediately attatched to everything you guys had to say about Krystal and Star Fox in general! :D

Honestly, it makes me a little down how everyone reacted to the trophy leak and it even made myself lose hope. But I've always believed an old leak that I can't provide a link to cause I don't have 10 posts yet. :c

But it was the very 1st leak I saw of Smash bros and when I saw Krystal listed I was like "I never imagined Krystal in smash o.o What is this 'magic staff' the leak mentioned? o-O" (I thought to myself cause I only had Assault at the time) Then I watched gameplay of Adventures and discovered the whole "Krystal was originally going to be an awesome heroine but we decided to make her a damsel cause that's the MOST creative thing to do" thing and was like "Wow Nintendo really? *Bwamp* I:L " and It caused me to feel bad for such a interesting character to be shoved into a side love interest. :/

But anyways, I don't know if this old leak was discussed before on here but, I REALLY wanted to know you're guys' thoughts on it but I can't share it yet. :c I guess I can say that all the characters in the leak have been confirmed as a assist (Prince Sable) or playable (Palutena) and Krystal was listed among the characters in the link. 5 characters (King K. Rool) have yet to be seen but we'll see them soon enough. Krystal isn't an assist trophy (Cause that weird trophy description would've mentioned it if she was right?) and she's just a trophy so it makes me think that if there IS DLC for smash she WILL be considered next year by the time Star Fox Wii U is completed because Star Fox will be relevant and could possibly deserve 4 reps. Like you guys mentioned it depends on her role in the game though. :/ Sakurai must've considered her at one point unless he changed his mind for some reason.. o.o

Until I can share the link I guess I'll just be sticking around. :L I always see people say "sign me up I support her" so you can "sign me up" whatever that means xD

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
You guys have NO IDEA how long I've been following your discussions without an an account xD I've been stalking you guys since a few months before Star Fox for Wii U was announced and I immediately attatched to everything you guys had to say about Krystal and Star Fox in general! :D

Honestly, it makes me a little down how everyone reacted to the trophy leak and it even made myself lose hope. But I've always believed an old leak that I can't provide a link to cause I don't have 10 posts yet. :c

But it was the very 1st leak I saw of Smash bros and when I saw Krystal listed I was like "I never imagined Krystal in smash o.o What is this 'magic staff' the leak mentioned? o-O" (I thought to myself cause I only had Assault at the time) Then I watched gameplay of Adventures and discovered the whole "Krystal was originally going to be an awesome heroine but we decided to make her a damsel cause that's the MOST creative thing to do" thing and was like "Wow Nintendo really? *Bwamp* I:L " and It caused me to feel bad for such a interesting character to be shoved into a side love interest. :/

But anyways, I don't know if this old leak was discussed before on here but, I REALLY wanted to know you're guys' thoughts on it but I can't share it yet. :c I guess I can say that all the characters in the leak have been confirmed as a assist (Prince Sable) or playable (Palutena) and Krystal was listed among the characters in the link. 5 characters (King K. Rool) have yet to be seen but we'll see them soon enough. Krystal isn't an assist trophy (Cause that weird trophy description would've mentioned it if she was right?) and she's just a trophy so it makes me think that if there IS DLC for smash she WILL be considered next year by the time Star Fox Wii U is completed because Star Fox will be relevant and could possibly deserve 4 reps. Like you guys mentioned it depends on her role in the game though. :/ Sakurai must've considered her at one point unless he changed his mind for some reason.. o.o

Until I can share the link I guess I'll just be sticking around. :L I always see people say "sign me up I support her" so you can "sign me up" whatever that means xD
Welcome to Smashboards. Your link certainly sounds like it could be worth a look.

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie

Seems how I can post images though I might as well post one of my Star Fox pics from Miiverse x) I'm binging on Star Fox this month and next month. xD

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Welcome and just make sure not to double post.

I double posted already? OnO

Consecutive posts are unfortunately not allowed. I'd caution against that. Just let us reply between each one. =)
Oh okay xD Honestly it feels weird to actually be a part of Smash Boards now but I'm happy to be here for now. :) Gots no clue if I'll keep the account for long cause I don't want too many accounts to keep up with on the internet. xD

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
@ Krayon Kaphonie Krayon Kaphonie
I can understand that. Managing all these accounts is more trouble than it's worth sometimes, so what I end up doing is quitting the sites I barely use. Your art is absolutely gorgeous. Do you have more to share with us? ^_^

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
I can understand that. Managing all these accounts is more trouble than it's worth sometimes, so what I end up doing is quitting the sites I barely use. Your art is absolutely gorgeous. Do you have more to share with us? ^_^
Of course! :D Thank you so much!! ^-^ I'll only share the ones with Krystal though to stay on topic xD

With this pic, I was trying to guess how they'd redesign her if they kept the Assault look. :) Tried giving her the Command hair and Necklace. :)

Beautiful artwork :sadeyes:

I don't like those sad eyes. :c

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Of course! :D Thank you so much!! ^-^ I'll only share the ones with Krystal though to stay on topic xD

With this pic, I was trying to guess how they'd redesign her if they kept the Assault look. :) Tried giving her the Command hair and Necklace. :)
Oh my bad just the art work was really good. :laugh: Amazing really. I would love if you posted more.

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Oh my bad just the art work was really good. :laugh: Amazing really. I would love if you posted more.

You really think so? -^.^- I'll definitely stick around. :) Afterall, almost every time there was a pic of the day that made me think of Krystal, you guys would already have it covered xD Eventually I started coming here to read the replies of the pics instead of reading the comments on Miiverse because you guys are way more interesting xD

Pretty good artwork right there, and welcome to Smashboards
Thanks! :D I feel kinda bad that I was here all along I just didn't have a voice. x) If this keeps up I can post that link in no time. =)

This is the one I drew that weekend when we were waiting for Sakurai to reveal the Fire Emblem characters xD

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Krystal looks so sad in that picture. What's the story behind it?
FINALLY I CAN POST IT!! :D Shulk being confirmed is yet another character from this leak! :D Thanks for replying xD

http://supersmashbros.ign.com/articles/topics/1001496/Possibilities

I already lowered my expectations for it not to be a Star Fox themed trailer when the Fire Emblem trailer was being specualated and I wanted to illustrate how Krystal would feel after seeing another character confirmed instead of her. :c

But this leak mentions her as I said and it's been too correct for it to be called false. With her not being an assist trophy, I think it's safe to keep hope for her alive as DLC. I know Sakurai says "DLC is not in the cards" but Mario Kart gets DLC Smash almost HAS to right?! and with Star Fox Wii U being a big deal next year, I think it's safe to say Star Fox would be relevant enough for a newcomer. ^^ But I'll let you guys debate. :)

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
FINALLY I CAN POST IT!! :D Shulk being confirmed is yet another character from this leak! :D Thanks for replying xD

I already lowered my expectations for it not to be a Star Fox themed trailer when the Fire Emblem trailer was being specualated and I wanted to illustrate how Krystal would feel after seeing another character confirmed instead of her. :c

But this leak mentions her as I said and it's been too correct for it to be called false. With her not being an assist trophy, I think it's safe to keep hope for her alive as DLC. I know Sakurai says "DLC is not in the cards" but Mario Kart gets DLC Smash almost HAS to right?! and with Star Fox Wii U being a big deal next year, I think it's safe to say Star Fox would be relevant enough for a newcomer. ^^ But I'll let you guys debate. :)
Very interesting. While it doesn't specify the role of the characters, a good deal have been confirmed to be in the game as more than trophies. I'll be keeping an eye on that list. Slime is a bold statement, but who knows?

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Slime is a bold statement, but who knows?
I said the same thing about duck hunt dog....Lol

So I looked at this and first thing I notice is Krystal is called crystal. Lol Some of these are right and hopefully we see some news about this but yea don't keep hopes to high on this leak doesn't look very credible because of the lack of the recent leaked roster. Doesn't match up too well.

Last edited:

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
You really think so? -^.^- I'll definitely stick around. :) Afterall, almost every time there was a pic of the day that made me think of Krystal, you guys would already have it covered xD Eventually I started coming here to read the replies of the pics instead of reading the comments on Miiverse because you guys are way more interesting xD

Thanks! :D I feel kinda bad that I was here all along I just didn't have a voice. x) If this keeps up I can post that link in no time. =)

This is the one I drew that weekend when we were waiting for Sakurai to reveal the Fire Emblem characters xD
Hey I actually follow you on miiverse Krayon!

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace

I have been debating posting this with myself very thing for a long time now. Thing is, it has been around since December 2011--which is, roughly, a couple months before the time that the official roster was confirmed to be completed, sans Lucina, by Sakurai himself. It does add up, given the newer content.

Here's the pic, as well as various 4chan translations:

First thing's first: Krystal's name reads "Kurisutaru" on the list--her Japanese name. Makes sense.

"Crystal" is a 4chan mistranslation under the context of Star Fox, though. "Krystal" is the correct translation.

About Shulk--I might add that this list existed prior to Gematsu. Keep that in mind. In this light, not many people were speculating about Shulk at that time.

However, a further look into the list will provide you with other information.

Prince Sable, Saki Amamiya, and Ghirahim are confirmed to be assist trophies. Zoroark is sort of confirmed to be a pokeball pokemon via Greninja's trailer--though we have yet to see him in action.

Thing is, this could be, if it's real, a list of suggested characters for the new Smash Brothers game--not the completed newcomer roster per se. Thus, characters like Slime, Professor Layton, and King Hippo could be an assist trophy, like Prince Sable.

From this list:

Little Mac, Palutena, Megaman, Shulk, and Sonic are all confirmed to be characters.

As for the remaining characters, well...

King K. Rool, Ridley, and Krystal. It's anyone's guess as to what's happening to them--if this list was a genuine list of some of the suggested characters by Nintendo for Smash 4, of course.

I have a theory, but I've promised not to speak about it again, publicly, unless something major happens.

There will be those people who automatically denounce this "list" under the assumption that the "Smash Brothers Universe" name has nothing to do with the official title of development. It could have been the codename for the development, though.

Who knows?

Last edited:

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
I have been debating posting this with myself very thing for a long time now. Thing is, it has been around since December 2011--which is, roughly, a couple months before the time that the official roster was confirmed to be completed, sans Lucina, by Sakurai himself. It does add up, given the newer content.

Here's the pic, as well as various 4chan translations:

First thing's first: Krystal's name reads "Kurisutaru" on the list--her Japanese name. Makes sense.

"Crystal" is a 4chan mistranslation under the context of Star Fox, though. "Krystal" is the correct translation.

About Shulk--I might add that this list existed prior to Gematsu. Keep that in mind. In this light, not many people were speculating about Shulk at that time.

However, a further look into the list will provide you with other information.

Prince Sable, Saki Amamiya, and Ghirahim are confirmed to be assist trophies. Zoroark is sort of confirmed to be a pokeball pokemon via Greninja's trailer--though we have yet to see him in action.

Thing is, this could be, if it's real, a list of suggested characters for the new Smash Brothers game--not the completed newcomer roster per se. Thus, characters like Slime, Professor Layton, and King Hippo could be an assist trophy, like Prince Sable.

From this list:

Little Mac, Palutena, Megaman, Shulk, and Sonic are all confirmed to be characters.

As for the remaining characters, well...

King K. Rool, Ridley, and Krystal. It's anyone's guess as to what's happening to them--if this list was a genuine list of some of the suggested characters by Nintendo for Smash 4, of course.

I have a theory, but I've promised not to speak about it again, publicly, unless something major happens.

There will be those people who automatically denounce this "list" under the assumption that the "Smash Brothers Universe" name has nothing to do with the official title of development. It could have been the codename for the development, though.

Who knows?
Is this that list you were mentioning before but didn't want to share? And wouldn't this be good new since Krystal's name does appear on there?

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Is this that list you were mentioning before but didn't want to share? And wouldn't this be good new since Krystal's name does appear on there?
Oh no, that was about something else. I've already shared that--it wasn't a list, just some info.

This was something I have been internally debating to post for over a vast amount of time. I have always said that the time didn't present itself. Now, it seems someone beat me to the punch, so I thought I'd share my thoughts about it.

In theory, this could be good news for Krystal, yes. It depends on whether or not this list is a legitimate for character suggestions. However, no one can prove its legitimacy.

Last edited:

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Very interesting. While it doesn't specify the role of the characters, a good deal have been confirmed to be in the game as more than trophies. I'll be keeping an eye on that list. Slime is a bold statement, but who knows?
Yeah. At the time when I 1st read this back in 2011 I thought it was fake for sure especially with Mega Man listed but we know what happened with him. x) To me this became my personal check list and with the website updated with pokemon that just checked another one off :)

I said the same thing about duck hunt dog....Lol

So I looked at this and first thing I notice is Krystal is called crystal. Lol Some of these are right and hopefully we see some news about this but yea don't keep hopes to high on this leak doesn't look very credible because of the lack of the recent leaked roster. Doesn't match up too well.

Yeah I found that weird too xD I wasn't trying to make you guys have high hopes but I wouldn't say it's left for dead just yet. I'd just like to wait til 2016 to give up cause during 2015 is when we'll get a bunch of Star Fox info and in that same year DLC is most likely for Smash. xD Of course I'm not suggesting only Krystal. :)

Hey I actually follow you on miiverse Krayon!
No way! :D I should follow you back on there if I haven't xD

Oh no, that was about something else. I've already shared that--it wasn't a list, just some info.

This was something I have been internally debating to post for over a vast amount of time. I have always said that the time didn't present itself. Now, it seems someone beat me to the punch, so I thought I'd share my thoughts about it.

In theory, this could be good news for Krystal, yes. It depends on whether or not this list is a legitimate for character suggestions. However, no one can prove its legitimacy.
Oh sorry to burst your bubble. :c To think this was on your mind the whole time xD I've always liked your theories and they were always logical. :) I just find it odd Krystal is the only one that isn't a assist trophy which makes me think, characters that are just trophies like Wonder Red could have a shot as DLC cause he didn't say that HE was unplayable though he is a trophy. But I wanted to share it cause I wasn't sure if any of you knew that leak or not. By the time we get all the Wii U info, that whole list will be in Smash one way or another. ^^

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Oh sorry to burst your bubble. :c To think this was on your mind the whole time xD I've always liked your theories and they were always logical. :) I just find it odd Krystal is the only one that isn't a assist trophy which makes me think, characters that are just trophies like Wonder Red could have a shot as DLC cause he didn't say that HE was unplayable though he is a trophy. But I wanted to share it cause I wasn't sure if any of you knew that leak or not. By the time we get all the Wii U info, that whole list will be in Smash one way or another. ^^
I have another big theory I'm keeping under wraps. Honestly, I guess I could post it, if enough people were interested to publically hear it. There's no real harm, one way or another. I just don't want to set up people's hopes for dissapointment, if it doesn't come out as true.

It's kind of like the revised version of the marketing theory.

What do you guys think, should I post it? Those of whom have seen it on the Conversation will know what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
This was asked before I'm sure but I'd like to know, WHY do YOU like Krystal? I'm not asking for answers like " Cuz she's cool" "IDK she's my favorite" or "Cause she has potential" I want to know if she has any sentimental value to you like she does for me. :)

For me, Back when I made my 1st group of adolescent best friends, the 5 of us played Star Fox Assault EVERYTIME they came over or spent the night. We each tried each character and we picked out favorites. Mine was Fox and Krystal. But when we played competitively or when it was our last round, we made it a rule that each of us would choose one character and stick with them whenever we did. Mine was Krystal. Now, I pretty much lost two of my friends from that group but before I did the 5 of us would talk about that leak I mentioned and we were like "Hey! If Krystal made it we would have the 4 characters that we used in Assault in Smash Bros! That'll be epic!" With the two friends I have now, we still talk about how cool it would be to meet up again and play Smash as our favorite Star Fox characters if it happens. This is why I'd like her playable. I could sort of relive those good times. x) Of course we'll just have to wait and see and if she's not, I'm content with it.. ^^

So I can't help but to be attached to her. She was a part of the best moments I had in my life with my best friends and that made her become my 2nd most favorite Nintendo character. xD Now I moved away from them but my two friends I am in contact with, we still talk about Assault and how it made us bond and how it's the origin of our inside jokes. x'D

So does anyone else have a story or is it just me here? :p I'm goin' to sleep nows. xD

I have another big theory I'm keeping under wraps. Honestly, I guess I could post it, if enough people were interested to publically hear it. There's no real harm, one way or another. I just don't want to set up people's hopes for dissapointment, if it doesn't come out as true.

It's kind of like the revised version of the marketing theory.

What do you guys think, should I post it? Those of whom have seen it on the Conversation will know what I'm talking about.
I always like hearing your theories so I think you should. :) Really liked that marketing one. ;D It's always best to keep expectations low so it shouldn't phase ME x) I hope the others are up for it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Here we go. Like in the official [closed] thread, this will be a direct channeling of the relevant posts to the theory--to grant it better clarity:

You know what? I'm gonna tell you guys because you deserve to know what I'm thinking.

Like I said before, I'm making an accusation (those who've played Clue on the SNES will get this reference), which means this is it--if my accusation is off quite a bit, I lose. I'll give myself a 10% leeway. That isn't much legroom for error. Effectively, this means I'm 90% confident all of this will happen.

This is it. This is my conclusion on Smash 4. I will make it brief, and tell you the important info--as well as some other things I feel will happen.

This is it. I've got one chance, so let's make it count!

Firstly, the 3DS roster shown in the leak is legit. There's no denying it.

The roster shown in the leaks for the 3DS wasn't complete. It's missing 5 characters to be unlocked.

Here are my predictions on these 5 characters:
  1. Lucas
  2. Wolf
  3. Ice Climbers
  4. Chorus Men/Marshal
  5. Mewtwo/Dixie Kong/Snake
The fact that the All-Star mode on the 3DS leaks was locked proves that not all of the characters were unlocked.

The 3DS Smash fighter trophies are in the back of the entire trophy list, and they are organized by franchises, and by franchise order of appearance on the roster as I've pointed out here:

Guys... What are the chances that Nintendo may want an even 700 trophies in Smash 4 for the 3DS version?

It looks like there are currently 686 trophies on the 3DS version.

The reason I find this suspicious is because Wario is close to the end of the trophy list. What if the end of the trophies for Smash on the 3DS are the fighter trophies?

Now take a look at the leaked roster:

Wario is #647, and there are 686 trophies. It would take an additional 39 trophies after Wario to achieve this.

Now, count the roster spaces after Wario, from left to right beginning with Game and Watch.

There are 40 spaces.

What could explain this discrepency? Dr. Mario.

What if the fighting order of the roster is the order of the fighter trophies, but the clones are with their respective franchises, unlike the roster itself?

If this is the case, Dr. Mario would appear before Wario. Thus, there would be 39 after Wario. Perfect! 686 even!

As for Lucina and Dark Pit, they don't matter. Their respective franchises appear after Wario anyways!

Now...

This could mean that there are 14 characters left, either as DLC or as Wii U version-designated unlockables!

700 - 686 = 14!

48 + 14 = 62. This is a strange roster number--I wouldn't know how it would figure into both CSS's.

As of now, I could fill in 10 characters that I have in mind, leaving 4 up to Nintendo. Unless, certain franchises are recieving more representation than I can fathomably merit...

Dang! This could be exciting--and telling of the possibilities of the Wii U version-designated unlockables!

Only time will tell...
You should notice, comparing what I said above this quote with what is in it, that I missed something. I said there would be 14 trophy spots missing in order to reach 700.

I hadn't considered the other 5 missing characters on the 3DS roster leak.

Adding 5 to 686 would make 691 trophies.

Wario's order, trophy-wise, will not be messed up by the characters that are missing. All of the characters that have yet to be unlocked on the 3DS leak would appear after Wario's trophy--according to their franchises.

Thus, under the idea of 700 trophies, there's 9 fighters missing. 691 + 9 is 700.

Now, count how many spaces are in a horizontal row on the 3DS roster leak. There are 9. This fits perfectly. Thus, an extra row of 9 could work in the CSS of the 3DS version.

Let this sink in. It's mathematically and geometrically sound. Both for the roster and the trophies--it can't be a coincidence.

Now, allow me to talk about the revisions in the marketing theory.

I said that there would be exclusives on both versions. I was wrong.

In the beginning, both the 3DS and Wii U rosters will share all of the same characters. But...

You might guess it now.

That's right, the Wii U version will feature the additional 9 characters. All of the characters that will appear on the 3DS version will appear on the Wii U version--even in the beginning. There's just be 9 more characters on the Wii U version than the 3DS one. This agrees more with Sakurai's statement than my original conclusion. It makes more sense too.

Here's a rumor pointed out by one of the legit leakers just after the 3DS roster was leaked:

"I may as well introduce myself. I'm one of Neo's 2nd hand leakers. Disclaimer, I did not want the title "leaker", I wasn't trying to leak anything. I was just simply having conversations about things i've heard from a "Nintendo rep" (who is 100% legitimate now). But seeing as a ton of stuff is out there now, I don't feel bad, so long as the name of my source has not been disclosed.
Something to note is that this was a contracted worker. He may have not played the full build

EDIT: I find it weird if they WOULD stop at 49. Having 50+ characters is a big marketing advantage, I doubt that time constraints would really hold it at 49.There is also some speculation about more characters being released during the Wii U release, as free DLC for 3ds. But that's just a rumor."
Notice the part in bold. Before, it has confused me. Imaginably, I thought that both versions would have different unlockable characters. I was close. Only the Wii U version will have them. The rumor scarily agrees with this newfound knowledge. Whether or not these 9 extra characters will be free DLC for the 3DS is up to Nintendo.

Although... When Gematsu said that there would be DLC, and that it "feels greedy", it could seem that the DLC might cost money. Then again, Gematsu's information is outdated, so it could go either way.

Now, the moment you have been waiting for...

Here is my speculation for these 9 characters:
  1. Groose/Impa
  2. Bandanna Dee
  3. Sceptile/Mewtwo (depending on what happens with the 3DS roster)
  4. Ridley
  5. Krystal
  6. King K. Rool/Dixie Kong (depending on what happens with the 3DS roster)
  7. Isaac
  8. Snake/Earthbound Character/A New Clone Character
  9. A New Clone Character/Another Pokemon (might get both Sceptile and Mewtwo--thus filling the 9th additional character).
In the end, the roster will probably have 62 characters. On the 3DS, this is 7 rows of 9--possible vertical scrolling added to the CSS User Interface when you download these 9 characters so to not obstruct the CSS per se. Having these 9 extra trophies for the 3DS version will allow the trophy count to cap off at 700, as well. So many different things this theory can solva, simultaneously.

It's done guys. I don't need to explain all of the marketing tactics, for those all remain the same in the marketing theory. The only thing that was revised was the conclusion--in light of this new information.

There comes a point where you reach something I call a "theoretical max", where with the current information, you already have the complete puzzle. The puzzle is just disorganized. Sometimes it takes a little review to get the pieces straight.

If I am wrong, I will may eat my house.

Congratulations. You guys could be very well the first to know the truth. Cherish it. It's beautiful. :)
So what you mean to tell me is that Krystal still has a chance? Even after we saw elongated proof that she was a trophy?

I'm not sure if I should get my hopes up...
*in reply to Joe D.*

She does still have a chance, but her chance solely rests on the shoulders of the revised marketing theory now. And honestly, marketing-wise (and out of being cautious about the East, due to their Little Mac reaction), I feel it is smarter to include Krystal on the Wii U version--to be able to be transferred to the 3DS version, among other characters, later. Captivate the East's hearts first with the portable (while not pissing them off over a huge amount of Western inclusion), then once you're done with that, focus on the West's hearts. This way, you're not using one Smash Brothers game to market to the entire globe at the same time!

That has always presented problems to Sakurai and his team with each past iteration. How can one team propitiate both needs simultaneously? I think they've realized this in the past, and only now do they have the capabilities and resources to experiment with an idea Sakurai could've had for a very long time--after all, handhelds have existed for a while, why didn't they try a handheld Smash before? Maybe it's because Sakurai wants to delve into cross-platform communications.

Both versions will feature the same characters. All of the characters that will be on the 3DS version when it releases will be on the Wii U version. It's just that the Wii U version may feature more characters than the 3DS version...

Not only that, though...

You see, I'm curious about the numerical positioning of her trophy, as compared to Wario's, for a myriad of reasons.

Firstly, I'm assuming that these are most of the trophies in the 3DS build given to the ESRB people to review. When I say most, I mean like it's missing only 5.

These 5 trophies could be the fighter trophies of the possible 5 characters missing on the ESRB 3DS CSS (there is room for 5 spaces at the bottom of the CSS):

Furthermore, I hypothesized that all of the fighter trophies are in the back of the 3DS trophy list, based on a mathematical inference between Wario's known trophy number, the number of the trophies after Wario, and the number of characters on the ESRB 3DS CSS after Wario (from left to right):

Here it shows Wario as #647, out of a total of 686 trophies found on the ESRB leaks. This would mean there are 39 trophies after him.

If you count the characters who appear after Wario on the ESRB 3DS CSS, you would get 40--a discrepency of 1. How can this discrepency be explained? By putting the clone characters from the roster within their respective franchises on the trophy list--as they appear as trophies. If this happens, Dr. Mario would go to the Mario franchise, which should appear just before Wario's trophy on the list of trophies. Thus, the number of total conceivable spaces after Wario is reduced by 1, making it 39 on the spot. Dark Pit and Lucina don't bother with this inference because their franchises appear after Wario's CSS portrait anyways--meaning their trophies will follow suit.

In the end, all 3 categories could be perfectly satiated by this inference.

That said, if Wario's fighter trophy appears in the back, then all of the other fighter trophies should appear in the back as well.

So what do these missing 5 characters have to do anything with this? Simple, their trophies are missing, because they weren't shown on the ESRB 3DS CSS. If they were there, the CSS would have been a full 9 x 6 rows. Thus, adding 5 to the maximum of the trophies would make it 691.

Remember back to when Sakurai alluded that "the 3DS alone has more trophies than Brawl?" Well, this number is much higher than Brawl's, which was 544. The fact that it's much higher than Brawl's lets me know that it is all of the trophies--except for the 5 characters that don't appear on the ESRB CSS.

Now I don't know about you, but 691 is a strange number to stop at--it's super close to a perfect 700. Brawl's 544 trohphies, though close to 550, means nothing. Being close to the next hundred is much more prominent.

Now, geometrically speaking, if you count a horizontal row on the ESRB 3DS CSS, you'll get 9 spaces. If 9 extra characters were able to be added to the 3DS version by whatever means, the trophy count will cap off at 700. Also, the CSS would remain geometrically sound at the same time. Not only does this string of mathematical inferences add up together perfectly, but it also satiates the geometric portions of the 3DS CSS (9 x 7 rows = 62 characters). If this is the case, I also provided the possibility of horizontally elongated character portraits to fit better sideways on the Wii U version. Thus a 9 x 7 roster, when scaled properly, can easily fit on the HD widescreen method as well. After all, the E3 build showed the portraits longer horizontally than vertically.

Now, let's look back at Krystal's 3DS trophy:

First, it looks to be a model ripped directly from Assault. This shouldn't get us down. If Nintendo wanted to use Krystal in Smash they'd most likely redesign her, much like all of the other characters they pretty much use in Smash.

Now, Fox and Falco both had Assault trophies in Brawl, not just their Smash trophies. Game specifications in the trophy's descriptions do not matter. Just because there's nothing specifying what game or iteration the trophy came from means nothing. If she has a Smash fighter trophy on the Wii U version (because you won't find it, potenially, initially on the 3DS version), it will probably have an "in Smash Brothers" specification to separate it from the other trophy of that character.

Heck, why do you think Wario's fighter trophy specified his Smash Brothers inclusion? It's probably because there is another trophy of him from a different render in a different game already. It's to bring clarity to the reader.

Finally, harken back to this PotD that Sakurai made:

Ask yourself this: if 3DS trophies are mainly from handhelds, why isn't Krystal's from Command? Perhaps it's to avoid confusion of her redesign in Smash 4!

Her redesign could be based off of Command, much like Fox and Falco both. I would classify Wolf as a mixture.

As for the rest of the trophies from Star Fox Assault like Andrew Oikonny, they're all likely to be from Assault as well to keep the modelling suit--to avoid model confusion.

I am very confident that literally almost every trophy from the 3DS version will be from handheld games. Sakurai made that pretty clear, and it appears that way in the leaks! The fact that Krystal has an Assault trophy on the 3DS version is very suspicious.
Actually... You want to hear another crazy thought?

Think back to how Japan reacted to Little Mac. Most of them deplored his inclusion, from what I gather.

Heck, maybe Little Mac's reveal was Nintendo testing their reaction, without having to resort to the big guns (K. Rool, Ridley, Krystal, etc).

Maybe, just maybe, Nintendo wants to release one version of Smash (so that the Japanese audience could get it) before they show the Western-heavy newcomers for the Wii U version. Thus, it also gives the Japanese audience the option of not having to see their Smash filled with characters that have heavier Western influences, whom they might detest!

At the same time, it would allow everyone with the option to get all of the characters, if they wanted!

Perhaps the East vs. West influence runs deeper than I have even considered before...

*lining up the ballistics of the East bullet and West bullet*

This would be a case where we don't want the ballistics to fully match up.
I've just got one more thing to say before I call it a night:

Remember, the marketing theory relies on the Western devastation after the 3DS version's release. We're experiencing that a little early due to the leaks. In the end, the results could very well be the same.

Perhaps Sakurai is setting the stage for a big surprise?

After all, he didn't get to surprise us in Brawl due to the crazy leaks. That hurt him--it's evident in his interviews as he reminisced what happened in Brawl.

Maybe that's part of his motive?

EDIT: Actually, these leaks might not even phase his goal. It's all the same.

Imagine what would happen if the Wii U leaks confirm the marketing theory? Either way, Sakurai could get his enjoyment out of our shock, even if it was leaked. This is because we'd already be devastated--roster-wise.

Especially considering the notable characters he has appeared to overlook.

I'm just glad there's nothing out there that outright disconfirms any of these franchises getting a newcomer--including Krystal. That alone is noteworthy.
And now, just after Shulk's trailer:

I'd thought I'd like to mention...

I think that Sakurai would have said whether or not that was the last trailer. After all, he detailed to us that we were nearing the bottom of the stash--why leave us out of the loop if it were the last one?

I think there could be another trailer happening sometime between the 3DS and Wii U launches...

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Welcome Krayon, and I absolutely love your works ! These pictures of Krystal are awesome ! The first one is super epic !

Slime might be possible, I mean... He did make it in Mario Sports Mix and Itadaki Street.

Hong

The Strongest
Welcome to SmashBoards. ^~^

If you could, please avoid double posting. I have fixed it this time, but in the future you are advised to use the Edit feature, instead.

Thanks. :)

CaptainQuestion

Smash Cadet
Here we go. Like in the official [closed] thread, this will be a direct channeling of the relevant posts to the theory--to grant it better clarity:
(insert very long and convoluted theory here)
Just passing through, happened to see this post. Now, first of all, I want to make it clear that I am not particularly in favor of Krystal, I hope that's not a problem in this thread.
Your theory seems logically sound from what I can tell, but I am slightly confused as to how the other trophies - that is, the non-playable character trophies, are arranged.
TheRandomCities4 said:
After examining all of the trophy pics that were leaked, I can safely say that the trophies aren't separated by franchise, categorically (like they were in Brawl). It's a total sum of all of the trophies together. However, the franchises are still going to appear in order of franchise--you just probably won't be able to separate the franchises like you could in Brawl.
So, trophies ARE in order of franchise, but some types of trophies (such as fighter trophies) will be separate from the rest of the bunch, while still being in order of franchise within that separate group, is that it?.
I wonder what happens to the Final Smash trophies in that case- I assume they won't be cut since All- star is apparently back, but wouldn't it make sense for them to be right next to their respective fighter trophy? Aside from that, even if they are a separate group of trophies, wouldn't they be behind the fighter trophies, like they were in Brawl?

Also, the Dark Train (Spirit Tracks) is trophy number 44, whereas Twinrova is 511, though they are from the same franchise and both are stage hazards. The numbers on the Kid Icarus trophies we've seen are similarly inconsistent...
This trophy gallery is certainly more than a little strange.

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I got some stuff for tou guys today.

First of all, I'd like you to look at Wario in the Leaked (And we can agree that is 100% legit) roster.

Ok, now that you had a good look at it, I want you to check Wario's Leaked Trophy:

Wario in the Roster, Wario Trophy and the little icon of Wario on the bottom screen of the Trophy screen. All three images MATCH I'd say perfectly. What does this have to do with Krystal? Well, check this out:

The trophy and the Icon on the bottom screen Match perfectly (It's not the same angle, but you can see her hand close to her chin like in the trophy)

Wario is definetely a playable character, and all 3 images match. We don't know about Krystal, but we have a match between the two images. Maybe it's just me, maybe this doesn't mean anything. But, you know, it's something.

Top Bottom