• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Luminario

Smash Lord
Exactly, especially if an undeserving franchise like KI gets three, just because of Sakurai's ego
KI got more like 2.2 reps. Dark Pit probably took such little time to implement it was done in a snap. Palutena was heavily requested and a fantastic choice.
Either Wolf or Krystal is playable most probably. I doubt Starfox went back down to 2 reps

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
That would be the worst scenario in my opinion.

As for Krystal, I think she might have more chances to be revealed near the Wii U release because they would probably announce what kind of DLC they have in mind by then.

Last edited:

glaqux

Smash Cadet
In my opinion I would just drop wolf and put in krystal because she has potential of not being a clone
Wolf has had his time to shine

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Right! *affirmative clap*

On to speculating about how DLC will be handled, and who may be included...

Crossing fingers for Krystal's chance!

Though, pretty much everyone who supports a newcomer from the Donkey Kong, Metroid, Star Fox, Legend of Zelda, and Kirby franchises seem to be in the same boat...

We're all sharing in the pain of the leaks.

I can only wonder what Nintendo has in store...

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Indeed. A lot of series got the plummeting fall of cuts. IC's as the Ice Climber series got cut, which makes me wonder if their series symbol is removed in total despite the Polar Bear Smash Run enemy & possibly their Icicle Mountain stage returns? That would be very petty to keep the stage without the character around.

A cut from Star Fox & Mother is also detrimental, as a whole to fans.

I feel there will be loads of DLC by WiiU's time coming around this winter.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I doubt it'd be quite that soon. Mario Kart 8's first pack is coming out almost 6 months after its release. If SSB4 gets DLC packs, the first one would probably be in the March-April area.

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Indeed. A lot of series got the plummeting fall of cuts. IC's as the Ice Climber series got cut, which makes me wonder if their series symbol is removed in total despite the Polar Bear Smash Run enemy & possibly their Icicle Mountain stage returns? That would be very petty to keep the stage without the character around.

A cut from Star Fox & Mother is also detrimental, as a whole to fans.
I feel there will be loads of DLC by WiiU's time coming around this winter.
The thing is.. If we have DLC, how is it going to work on the character selection screen (CSS)? I mean, If we consider the Leaks as something legit, the CSS llooks pretty tight, there isn't quite lot of space, also the space we have in the pic is going to be definetely for the unlockable characters.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The thing is.. If we have DLC, how is it going to work on the character selection screen (CSS)? I mean, If we consider the Leaks as something legit, the CSS llooks pretty tight, there isn't quite lot of space, also the space we have in the pic is going to be definetely for the unlockable characters.
Add button on bottom screen or shrink the icons further. There's nothing stopping Sakurai from shrinking the icons even more now that apparently when shrunk down there aren't names on the select screen. Another option is adding a second page, too.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I was going to point out that shrinking them would be do-able but @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman has me on lockdown, feels like that all the time. The 3DS / 2DS screens no longer need names to be under their icons on the upper screen due to them being blown up huge on the bottom screen so the space needed to fit them via shrinking or moving slots around while unlocking fighters can be done. I was going to improvise an example of DLC being a DLC unlocked padlock icon, clicking it would be the bottom row squeezed in under the last row similar to F-Zero GX's customized garage action putting them on the very sides of the screen. It could just be a simple row of DLC clicked to replace or overlap an existing row of characters just so you can choose that DLC character. The reason behind that is, when you choose the DLC, you're browsing the DLC area & not the rest let alone the very last row of characters, so I see that working.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I could see a single box for DLC that brings up a pop up menu of all the DLC characters you have. It wouldn't interfere with other players' selections since everyone has their own CSS anyway.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Oh, I'm glad this thread wasn't defeated by a measly trophy ! I was afraid for a moment it would fall into the abyss of this forum, lol.

In any case, Krystal is still likely in my opinion. I would give her the same chances I did on the last "rate their chances", a 25% chance of appearing as playable. Even if she isn't there on the 3DS version at first, she could be there for the Wii U version (BTW I had an awesome dream with a double reveal of Wolf and Krystal this night).

In any case, her trophy doesn't indicate that she isn't playable, so she's still in the running. She has yet to be deconfirmed in spite of being one of the favorites (less so than other bigwigs but she's easily top 10, I guess ?), no mention of her being an assist trophy, and there's still DLC as a consolation + Miyamoto saying it's the year of Starfox in 2015, most likely when DLC for Smash 4 will start to appear (another assumption, however there is some logic to it since the Wii U version will be so close to Christmas).

I'm not giving up just yet.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ Princess Toady Princess Toady
No way would a thread become inactive over a trophy leak. I wouldn't want Krystal to be DLC when that's a mile away from reaching our time, I instead would of wanted her to be apart of the finalized roster; Given that she was shown to be just a trophy from a sure-winning leak doesn't bode her well one bit. Tiny cameo appearances like that compared to how much cameo she got in Brawl, is such a downgrade.

Last edited:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
@ Princess Toady Princess Toady
No way would a thread become inactive over a trophy leak. I wouldn't want Krystal to be DLC when that's a mile away from reaching our time, I instead would of wanted her to be apart of the finalized roster; Given that she was shown to be just a trophy from a sure-winning leak doesn't bode her well one bit. Tiny cameo appearances like that compared to how much cameo she got in Brawl, is such a downgrade.
Yeah, but if she isn't in the final roster then hey I'll take dlc for sure then. At this point if cities theory proves true we should be seeing krystal.

The trophy never phased me what phased me was the way you guy's reacted to it. Lol

To Daltronite: I mean If there is DLC well I believe it won't just be for melee characters that would be silly.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Yeah, but if she isn't in the final roster then hey I'll take dlc for sure then. At this point if cities theory proves true we should be seeing krystal.

The trophy never phased me what phased me was the way you guy's reacted to it. Lol

To Daltronite: False sir, for you are not sakurai. I mean If there is DLC well I believe it won't just be for melee characters that would be silly.
Yeah, I was also phased by everyone giving up at the time the trophy was leaked, lol !

DLC for Melee character would suck so much. Like, let's be honest. I loved Pichu, but he didn't have many fans. Roy...a possibility, though very unlikely given that he sucked and that no one would want another Marth clone. Young Link = Gurlbye.

If anything, I could see Lucas as a potential DLC, Ice Climbers if they didn't make it, Wolf too... And that's about it. So only three DLC characters for a game of such magnitude ? Once again, bad play on Nintendo's part if it happens.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I was also phased by everyone giving up at the time the trophy was leaked, lol !

DLC for Melee character would suck so much. Like, let's be honest. I loved Pichu, but he didn't have many fans. Roy...a possibility, though very unlikely given that he sucked and that no one would want another Marth clone. Young Link = Gurlbye.

If anything, I could see Lucas as a potential DLC, Ice Climbers if they didn't make it, Wolf too... And that's about it. So only three DLC characters for a game of such magnitude ? Once again, bad play on Nintendo's part if it happens.
Exactly. I see no reason not to include newcomer DLC just having old vets is cool and all but they could do much more.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox I don't recall how eggsactly I reacted to it, I may have been decent about I don't remember. .
Definitely all for DLC Krystal being the next-best-case-scenario. For a while I wanted DLC packs of past veteran / one-time fighters to return to Sm4sh & 5, but now I see that's not what's needed. It's the Brawl cuts & likely future characters that can be utilized via DLC, not padded clone characters to beef up your DLC roster size with the rest of the cast.

Edit: I think I remember being optimistic towards the trophy leak due to not being confirmed by the leakers or Sakurai as an AT, so yeah.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

I could see Squirtle and Ivysaur being DLC too, they had original movesets and were fairly popular

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
So uh, there's no mention of attacks like wario waft, in game and watch's trophy description. Dont give up hope yet, she still has a chance I hope.

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Hah! I should have guessed people would make fakes off of the trophy pictures leaked, just to screw with people's minds a little.

Or... Sakurai allowed different trophies to have different fonts.

Which one is more likely?

D

Deleted member

Hah! I should have guessed people would make fakes off of the trophy pictures leaked, just to screw with people's minds a little.

Or... Sakurai allowed different trophies to have different fonts.

Which one is more likely?
Can't wait to see trophies in Comic-Sans font

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
If the trophy is fake listen to me why would a leaker make so much faked items but then make a gameplay that still looks a bit fake I'm saying if 1 part is faked the others are too,now people asked why is Nintendo on it good question my friends something I heard at a 64 tournament was it's false hope and they did it with brawl (plus this leak looks real) so I'm saying this leak is most likely fake just with me saying those details another thing to mention is its the english version....which makes no sense. but I'm saying krystal is still having a good chance and tommrow with that direct I expect a reveal....so this is alll it tommrow.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
If the trophy is fake listen to me why would a leaker make so much faked items but then make a gameplay that still looks a bit fake I'm saying if 1 part is faked the others are too,now people asked why is Nintendo on it good question my friends something I heard at a 64 tournament was it's false hope and they did it with brawl (plus this leak looks real) so I'm saying this leak is most likely fake just with me saying those details another thing to mention is its the english version....which makes no sense. but I'm saying krystal is still having a good chance and tommrow with that direct I expect a reveal....so this is alll it tommrow.
The G&W trophy is the faked one and doesn't come with the Krystal trophy. We've all pretty much accepted the Shulk + Bowser Jr gameplay leak along with the CSS to be true (that's the one with the Krystal trophy). The English version videos were sent to ESRB in order for them to approve the game or something. Krystal still has a shot so don't worry.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
The G&W trophy is the faked one and doesn't come with the Krystal trophy. We've all pretty much accepted the Shulk + Bowser Jr gameplay leak along with the CSS to be true (that's the one with the Krystal trophy). The English version videos were sent to ESRB in order for them to approve the game or something. Krystal still has a shot so don't worry.
We may have all acepted it but a lot of people don't like it. I hope tomorrow will reveal if this leak is true or not.

Fox fan6667

Smash Cadet
The leak for final characters is well boring. More mario type characters and a duck hunt dog. i could of thought better characters for the last remaining slots.(i miss pichu)

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
It's not the final roster. Another screenshot that was part of the leak showed All-Star mode locked, meaning they were missing any number of characters. And there's still a small chance of some part of the trophy pictures being faked...and even then, we could always push for Krystal to be DLC in half a year or so, when we know more about the new Star Fox game.

Don't get me started on Pichu, though. I doubt you'd like my opinion on him. >_>

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Hey, that doesn't look so bad. The potent combination of Krystal and comic sans makes me feel like I'm staring at a Rareware game screen.

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
And now I went with this idea! I made it more blurry to make it legit!

Did you change the word descriptions of the buttons (not the font)? Just noticed that for the x button it simply says "zoom" while the y button is "zoom out". Wouldn't you imply by reading that description think the x button could do both? I'd expect it to say "zoom in" like in the past.

Couldn't really find one from brawl, but this is melee with its controls.I dunno if that's really important but just thought I'd share it

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Did you change the word descriptions of the buttons (not the font)? Just noticed that for the x button it simply says "zoom" while the y button is "zoom out". Wouldn't you imply by reading that description think the x button could do both? I'd expect it to say "zoom in" like in the past.

Couldn't really find one from brawl, but this is melee with its controls.I dunno if that's really important but just thought I'd share it
Good point. I didn't even notice. Fake trophy...Fake...I say! Either that or not well done..

D

Deleted member

I only changed the touch screen.

Here is Brawl's trophy controls

Take it of what you will.

Hey, that doesn't look so bad. The potent combination of Krystal and comic sans makes me feel like I'm staring at a Rareware game screen.
*Modern Rareware

I don't recall any old Rareware game using Comic Sans unless I've been living under a rock

Top Bottom