• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Yes, but Falco does have a bit of personality already. He's already kinda arrogant and cocky and probably has the most personality out of the cast. Slippy doesn't need to be different, he's already smart but incompetent and the comic relief of the series. Krystal I see as the know-it-all, but she could be sarcastic as well. It usually goes well with know-it-alls.

Fox, I don't know. I really don't see much personality from him, but he does act as the protector of the group and a sensible leader...

I really hope we are not stuck to one Starfox stage. Especially if it's BLAND. Come on, the codecs were cool, I suppose, but the stage itself was very boring and kinda unneeded. Okay, it certainly was pretty but no one was shooting it ! I would like a stage like this, and another where stuff happens, especially with Starfox, you can do lots of hazards.

Who doesn't want to die by taking a meteor to the head ? And a Sauria stage would bring diversity to the franchise and show that it its not all about flying airships in space. Sauria would be the perfect stage because it appeared in two games where the characters could be played on the ground.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Yes, but Falco does have a bit of personality already. He's already kinda arrogant and cocky and probably has the most personality out of the cast. Slippy doesn't need to be different, he's already smart but incompetent and the comic relief of the series. Krystal I see as the know-it-all, but she could be sarcastic as well. It usually goes well with know-it-alls.

Fox, I don't know. I really don't see much personality from him, but he does act as the protector of the group and a sensible leader...

I really hope we are not stuck to one Starfox stage. Especially if it's BLAND. Come on, the codecs were cool, I suppose, but the stage itself was very boring and kinda unneeded. Okay, it certainly was pretty but no one was shooting it ! I would like a stage like this, and another where stuff happens, especially with Starfox, you can do lots of hazards.

Who doesn't want to die by taking a meteor to the head ? And a Sauria stage would bring diversity to the franchise and show that it its not all about flying airships in space. Sauria would be the perfect stage because it appeared in two games where the characters could be played on the ground.
I think a sauria stage depends on whether krystal gets in or not

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I feel the same way.

I'd just like Starfox to have more content because it usually is kinda lacking. And a new stage that's not in space. It can be whichever one from Assault, or whatever place they want to take from Adventure (like Krazoa Palace), I don't mind as long as we get more than one measly stage (which edges SUCK).

I'm obviously not counting the retro stage lol.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Just saying, Krystal was far more developed then wolf in Star fox command.

Also it was acknowledge by a dev from nintendo that furries like star fox and that's not a bad thing.

Furry doesn't automatically mean you have sexual desires towards said characters, you just like animal humanoids.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
I feel the same way.

I'd just like Starfox to have more content because it usually is kinda lacking. And a new stage that's not in space. It can be whichever one from Assault, or whatever place they want to take from Adventure (like Krazoa Palace), I don't mind as long as we get more than one measly stage (which edges SUCK).

I'm obviously not counting the retro stage lol.
If we have 4 reps with newcomer as krystal I won't complain. Although

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion

Could The Great Fox stage travel to Sauria, perhaps?

D

Deleted member

Guess Fox is like Commander Shepard! Only lacking the ability to choose what he'll say...

"What can you tell me about the Aparoids?" :troll:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Guess Fox is like Commander Shepard! Only lacking the ability to choose what he'll say...

"What can you tell me about the Aparoids?" :troll:

This is what they need to do with Starfox. It's the perfect franchise for them to get inspired (and not copy completely) this type of game. Of course, more Nintendoish, but with the airwings, the landmasters, the weapons, the customization, everything... It would be so neat !

And there's no reason not to, if the Wii U can support a vast world just like X's, there's no reason it wouldn't support a Starfox game with free reign over exploration.

Weavel

Smash Ace
They got mass effect 3 on the wii u, It has potential I just don't know if they would be willing to spill the funds to make something like that possible.

Also Renegade foxXD

King K. Rystal

Smash Rookie
I never really liked Fox's face in Assault. He looks so lively in Adventures and then in Assault he looks like he wants to murder everybody.

Weavel

Smash Ace
I never really liked Fox's face in Assault. He looks so lively in Adventures and then in Assault he looks like he wants to murder everybody.
Maybe he does now, he can use guns now and make it possible!

Besides that, when is nintendo next doing a conference or whatever? and how do you find this stuff out?

D

Deleted member

Well...wait until you see what he looks like in the Japanese version of Assault

Thats just wrong...removing facial animations?! For what?

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Oh wow, that's pretty stupid... Even if the languages are different, I don't understand why they would go out of their way to remove such animations.

D

Deleted member

Oh wow, that's pretty stupid... Even if the languages are different, I don't understand why they would go out of their way to remove such animations.
Guess Miyamoto wasn't joking when he wanted Star Fox to be like a puppet show. :troll:

In all seriousess, we will likely never know the real deal. Maybe it has to do with Nintendo being lazy but who knows

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Guess Miyamoto wasn't joking when he wanted Star Fox to be like a puppet show. :troll:

In all seriousess, we will likely never know the real deal. Maybe it has to do with Nintendo being lazy but who knows
How does that work? That would mean they would have to change them, which would take more time and effort

Last edited:

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Wohoo yeah. 100 pages. I remember when I joyned Smashboards a year ago. At that time this thread was really unactive, mostly because the lack of content for SSB4. A year of confirmations and deconfirmations made her chances go sky high. I'm really happy that we made It this far, and I enjoy every comment posted here (Except for the hater comments and that stuff) I really like this kind of community of "Krystal supporters" that we have in this thread, you all are amazing folks, I always feel like home in this thread thanks to you.

That said. One thing is sure. We're going to have Krystal as a playable character, and it's going to be awesome.

Weavel

Smash Ace
You all now I care much for Krystal and want her included in smash bros, but do you think nintendo is paying attention to this forum? Do you think we might have better luck on mii verse?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Wohoo yeah. 100 pages. I remember when I joyned Smashboards a year ago. At that time this thread was really unactive, mostly because the lack of content for SSB4. A year of confirmations and deconfirmations made her chances go sky high. I'm really happy that we made It this far, and I enjoy every comment posted here (Except for the hater comments and that stuff) I really like this kind of community of "Krystal supporters" that we have in this thread, you all are amazing folks, I always feel like home in this thread thanks to you.

That said. One thing is sure. We're going to have Krystal as a playable character, and it's going to be awesome.
I'm not 100% sure but only september 13th will tell although It's looking pretty damn good for her (assuming she doesn't get announced before then)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah its cool to hit 100 pages (And soon 4K hits) but....well, I appreciate everyone's enthusiam on Krystal but we have to remember that until we have concrete proof that Krystal is a newcomer, no character is a shoe-in (Not even the "Most likely retro" samuari friend had luck shine upon him)

Don't want ourselves to be upset & look like fools when she isn't playable (That is if its true).

You all now I care much for Krystal and want her included in smash bros, but do you think nintendo is paying attention to this forum? Do you think we might have better luck on mii verse?
With the way Nintendo has been treating the internet & such for a few years, I heavily doubt it.

As for better luck on Miiverse...The roster was finalized few years ago so her fate is already sealed (Playable or Non-Playable) but we don't know the outcome.

On the plus side though, she has a decent following on there.

Last edited by a moderator:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman

Same here :D I don't see the loud community that the anti-krystal fan base say we are. All I see is a amazing community of Krystal Supporters.

D

Deleted member

Same here :D I don't see the loud community that the anti-krystal fan base say we are. All I see is a amazing community of Krystal Supporters.
The sad thing is though...this isn't likely ever going to change people's outlook on the fanbase & there will rarely be a time when sane Krystal fans can come out & talk without being accused of being a "gross furry".

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Just noticed that @Afrodude posted his predictiopn roster with Andross as 4th Star Fox rep. I must say I am amazed how he found Andross to be deserved more than Krystal even though he was technically disconfirmed (by him in SNES version with the same name: "Andross"). I don't know how is that even possible. When there is ever going to be a 4th Star Fox rep it will definitely going to be Krystal, no matter what others were thinking. I always find it cute when people tried to pick someone else over Krystal.

Also happy 100th page!

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
The sad thing is though...this isn't likely ever going to change people's outlook on the fanbase & there will rarely be a time when sane Krystal fans can come out & talk without being accused of being a "gross furry".
Labels make the world easy, eh? ...and lazy.

Yes it is but to be fair, both sides have their fair share of it so nobody is always innocent
Very true.

Well, what happens over the remaining days will certainly prove interesting. Most of these popular characters (the ones, arguably, in the top ten) have survived for quite a while; it all boils down to what has been done, and what Sakurai reveals.

Hoping for good news regarding Krystal.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Prediction rosters are still just opinions that belong to other people. It's nothing to get worked up over. This character will always have its share of people who dislike it, in the same way many other characters will.

Hoping for good news regarding Krystal.
You and me both.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just noticed that @Afrodude posted his predictiopn roster with Andross as 4th Star Fox rep. I must say I am amazed how he found Andross to be deserved more than Krystal even though he was technically disconfirmed (by him in SNES version with the same name: "Andross"). I don't know how is that even possible. When there is ever going to be a 4th Star Fox rep it will definitely going to be Krystal, no matter what others were thinking. I always find it cute when people tried to pick someone else over Krystal.

Also happy 100th page!
Let him do what he wants. If he doesn't want to pick Krystal, then he doesn't have to, even if the idea of playable Andross is not likely happening.

We shouldn't get too worked up over what people put in their prediction rosters, it is merely their opinions & not the actual final one.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Happy 100th page everyone, and Afrodude is a turd, Krystal has more things going for her than Slippy, one of them is female character, unique moveset, and highly requested

Weavel

Smash Ace
I have no idea how andross would fight, but we all know what his final smash would be:p

D

Deleted member

Happy 100th page everyone, and Afrodude is a turd, Krystal has more things going for her than Slippy, one of them is female character, unique moveset, and highly requested
Hey hey hey hey, lets not go there. Even if you don't agree with what he thinks, theres no need for that...that is only going to make us look immature & childish. Especially if Krystal is deconfirmed, they're gonna get to us & rub it on our faces.

And you know what happens when people go around & tell them who should be in their prediction rosters & say something like "Ewww, why do you have _____? Put _____ in instead!" for some peroids of time? Well, the fanbase will look bad on Smashboards & it will put us in negative light (It doesn't help with what Krystal is associated with nowadays, even if it is stupid sounding & asinine)

Last edited by a moderator:

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
I've noticed a pattern, As far as the Newcomers we've seen who are from an already represented franchise in smash, they've had a stage from their franchise be partially revealed when it was initially shown in the Pic of the day, then it would be followed up with a more in depth look at their stage in a later Pic of the Day.[collapse=Rosalina]
[collapse=PotD September 9, 2013]This is our first look at the Super Mario Galaxy stage. Not much to see but Kirby and the background.
[/collapse]
[collapse=PotD November 14, 2013]a more in depth look at the Super Mario Galaxy stage
[/collapse]Rolalina was revealed in the December Nintendo Direct.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Greninja]
[collapse=PotD March 11, 2014]This is our first look at Lumiose city. We don't even see any platforms.
[/collapse]
[collapse=PotD March 28, 2014] Now we see the the platforms and conclude that this must be a moving stage.
[/collapse]Greninja is revealed in the April direct.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Palutena][collapse=PotD January 29, 2014]Here we first see the background of the Kid Icarus stage on the Wii U
[/collapse]
[collapse=PotD April 30, 2014]Now we see the statue again, but with a platform.
[/collapse]Palutena is revealed during E3
[/collapse]
[collapse=Robin][collapse=PotD June 6, 2014]the first appearance of the Fire emblem stage on the Wii U.
[/collapse]I suppose you could say that we got a better look at the Fire Emblem stage during the E3 demo of the game.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Krystal][collapse=PotD July 21, 2014]It's hard to make out whether the Great Fox is the stage or if there will be a platform in front of it.
[/collapse]We are waiting for another more in depth reveal of the Starfox stage followed up by a Starfox newcomer.[/collapse]

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Hey hey hey hey, lets not go there. Even if you don't agree with what he thinks, theres no need for that...that is only going to make us look immature & childish. Especially if Krystal is deconfirmed, they're gonna get to us & rub it on our faces.

And you know what happens when people go around & tell them who should be in their prediction rosters & say something like "Ewww, why do you have _____? Put _____ in instead!" for some peroids of time? Well, the fanbase will look bad on Smashboards & it will put us in negative light (It doesn't help with what Krystal is associated with nowadays, even if it is stupid sounding & asinine)
I find the best way to communicate is to avoid provocation altogether (and if you can't, just walk away).

Sometimes, while employing this strategy, you'll get reactions and responses that might surprise you--people tend to respond well to others who consider multiple perspectives. It works, even on the internet--especially on the internet, as I've found.

Unless you're trying to communicate with someone who is trolling, in which case it becomes a lost cause.

I've noticed a pattern, As far as the Newcomers we've seen who are from an already represented franchise in smash, they've had a stage from their franchise be partially revealed when it was initially shown in the Pic of the day, then it would be followed up with a more in depth look at their stage in a later Pic of the Day.[collapse=Rosalina]
[collapse=PotD September 9, 2013]This is our first look at the Super Mario Galaxy stage. Not much to see but Kirby and the background.
[/collapse]
[collapse=PotD November 14, 2013]a more in depth look at the Super Mario Galaxy stage
[/collapse]
[collapse=Greninja]
[collapse=PotD March 11, 2014]This is our first look at Lumiose city. We don't even see any platforms.
[/collapse]
[collapse=PotD March 28, 2014] Now we see the the platforms and conclude that this must be a moving stage.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Palutena][collapse=PotD January 29, 2014]Here we first see the background of the Kid Icarus stage on the Wii U
[/collapse]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Robin][collapse=PotD June 6, 2014]the first appearance of the Fire emblem stage on the Wii U.
[/collapse]I suppose you could say that we got a better look at the Fire Emblem stage during the E3 demo of the game.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Krystal][collapse=PotD July 21, 2014]It's hard to make out whether the Great Fox is the stage or if there will be a platform in front of it.
[/collapse]We are waiting for another more in depth reveal of the Starfox stage followed up by a Starfox newcomer.[/collapse]
This... is certainly interesting, and something I've considered before. I haven't mustered the will to employ all of the references yet though.

We'll probably just have to wait and see if it pans out as such. This does, so far, go for all already-represented franchises in Smash Brothers, as you've said. Very interesting...

Would anyone consider this a pattern if Krystal was revealed shortly after further information regarding the Assault Great Fox stage?

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Congrats on hitting 100 pages guys! To celebrate have this!:

And her alternate costume:

Credit to evilwaluigi.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
[/collapse]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Greninja]
[/collapse]
[/collapse]
[/collapse]
[/collapse]
[/collapse]
Another thought:

If this really is a pattern, and if Krystal becomes disconfirmed, this would essentially mean she would be the first to break it (this is assuming Star Fox doesn't get any newcomers). Over the one-and-one-half year of releasing info about the game, that would be strange to break a pattern like this just before the game releases--if it is a pattern, of course.

Not trying to get anyone's hopes up though, I'm just waiting to see how this pans out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom