• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Did it
Krystal Moveset:
Krystal is a character from the Star Fox series. She's a newly recruited member of the Star Fox team after an incident occured where her planet was destroyed leaving her as the last remaining survivor of Cerinia and assists the team using her telepathic abilities which always come in handy. Krystal is a very caring and gentle character but she can be stubborn when she needs to. This fiesty vixen is ready for a fight and with her amazing hand-to-hand combat skills, she can easily get the job done.​

Playstyle:
Krystal is a character with a lot of range thanks to her staff and she's pretty quick on her feet too, however she lacks in power meaning she needs to rack up tons of damage before knocking someone out but with her speed that's not too much of a problem

Stats:
Ground Speed - 8/10
Krystal is pretty quick on her feet, overall her speed is in between Fox and Falco's

Air Speed - 6/10
She also has a decently quick air speed too

Overall Attack Power - 4/10
Krystal isn't the strongest of characters but she makes up for that in other areas

Jump Height - 7/10
Krystal can jump quite high, it's about between Fox and Falco

Fall Speed - 5/10
Krystal falls quite a bit slower than the other star fox characters, around mario's speed

Weight - 5/10
Krystal is also fairly light

Height - 5/10
Krystal is around the same height as the other Star Fox characters​

Tilt Attacks:
Jab 1: Krystal will swing her staff in front of her going from right to left
Jab 2: Similar to the first hit of jab, only going left to right
Jab 3: Krystal will stab straight in front of her
Rapid attack: Krystal will repeatedly stab multiple times in front of her before swinging her staff upwards
Dash attack: Krystal will slide similarly to mario with her staff pointed out in front of her
Forward Tilt: Krystal will do a quick jumping slash with her staff, spinning around with it
Up Tilt: Krystal will throw her staff upwards in a spinning motion before catching it
Down Tilt: Krystal will poke her staff outwards, tripping anyone hit with the tip of it

Smash Attacks:
Forward Smash: Krystal, using her staff as leverage will swing up it and kick out her legs before jumping back down (See 1:59 of The Suxxed One's Krystal vid)
Up Smash: Krystal will slam her staff into the ground and use it as a pole vault allowing her to jump up and flip in the air
Down Smash: Krystal will get down near the ground and spin her staff around her, similarly to Shulk's down smash

Aerial Attacks:
Neutral Air: Krystal will spin around with her staff, kicking out with her legs in front of her (Think Zero Suit Samus' Fair)
Forward Air: She'll perform a front flip before slamming her leg downwards in front of her
Back Air: Krystal will swing behind her with her staff in an upwards arc
Up Air: Krystal will backflip, swinging her staff upwards along with her
Down Air: Krystal will take her staff and stab straight downwards acting as a meteor smash

Grab and Throws:
Grab: A standard grab, she'll reach out with her left hand
Pummel: She'll hit the opponent with the centre of her staff
Forward Throw: She'll swing her staff which is below her in an upwards arc, knocking the opponent away
Back Throw: She'll throw the opponent behind her before spinning around and hitting them with her staff like a baseball bat
Up Throw: She'll catch the opponent on the end of her staff and then toss them straight upwards
Down Throw: She'll throw the opponent downwards, then jump on then jump on them with her staff pointed downwards, looks visually similar to the finishing blow in twilight princess

Special Attacks:
Neutral B: Fire Blaster
Krystal will shoot a blast of fire, this deals quite a lot of damage but is fired in an upwards arc making it harder to hit than say, Fox or Falco's blaster. The move travels about halfway across battlefield before landing where it will stay on the ground for a second before disappearing.

Side B: Ice Blaster
Krystal will release a stream of ice from her staff, the move is visually similar to the ice climber's Blizzard, it also has similar range and can freeze opponents just like it. However, Krystal can also move while using it and the stream will become smaller and weaker over time similarly to Bowser's fire breath.

Up B: Rocket Staff
Krystal will grab her staff and hold on tightly as it prepares to blast upwards, the move is similar to Fox and Falco's Fire Fox/Bird except it goes further and the direction it can be fired is much more limited, only ever going straight upwards or slightly diagonally. The move also has a sweetspot if hit with the tip

Down B: Ground Quake
Krystal will rise up as she begins to charge the move, at full charge she will be about half her height up on the air, then when released she'll slam downwards stabbing her staff into the ground and releasing waves of energy from both sides. At lower charges the move does minimal damage and knockback but when fully charged it can easily KO opponents in higher percents

Final Smash: Dinosaur Stampede
Krystal will put her fingers against her forehead and call the cloudrunner she rode at the beginning of Star Fox Adventures which will fly on stage as 2 portals similar to those found in Adventures appear at both sides of the stage. A stampede of Earthwalkers from one side and Clousrunners from the other will charge across the stage trapping and repeatedly hitting anyone in their way before running through the other portal as the Cloudrunner flies past with Krystal jumping off it, landing with one hand on the ground, one leg outstretched and one leg kneeling on the ground.

Entrance: The Cloudrunner from the beginning of Star Fox Adventures will fly onstage as Krystal jumps off where it will then take back to the skies and fly off the other side

Stance: She'll essentially stand like this with her staff in her right hand

Idle 1: This basically
Idle 2: Krystal will stab her staff into the ground and lean on it for a second

Side Taunt: Krystal spins her staff before stabbing it into the ground then striking this pose saying "All right, that's enough"
Up Taunt: Krystal will place her right hand on her hip and brush her hair back with her left saying "It's not over, yet"
Down Taunt: Krystal will stretch her arms behind her back and say "Is that all you've got?"

Victory Pose 1: Krystal will fly in on the dinosaur from the beginning of adventures and say "Thanks for helping me. I can take it from here" (Quote from Adventures) before jumping off and waving to it as it flies away
Victory Pose 2: Krystal will slam her staff into the ground pulling this pose while standing next to tricky, she'll then kneel down and pet him
Victory Pose 3: Krystal will throw her staff into the air and catch it before saying "I didn't hurt you too badly, did I?" in a sassy tone while also showing her caring side

Victory Fanfare: The regular Star Fox fanfare which is also shared by Fox and Falco

Alternate Costumes:
1) Default (Star Fox: Command inspired, featuring more realistic fur akin to assault as well as a black flight jacket among various other changes)
2) Katt Monroe (Gray Fur, blue eyes, pink eyeshadow, yellow, orange and red outfit)
3) Amanda Toad (Pink fur, blue eyes, green, yellow and blue outfit
4) Lucy Hare (Light pink fur, Hot pink eyes, light hellow face fur, yellow, orange and red outfit)
5) Kursed (Black outfit, Purple makeup)
6) Dark Krystal (Dark alt like Fox and Falco's)
7) Miyu (Orange fur, blue eyes, red and white outfit)
8) Fay (White fur, blue eyes, red and white outfit)

It's not the most incredibly detailed thing but it is what it is

Also, sorry about the double post but I thought this kinda needed it's own

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
...Is the moveset I designed really that sexual? I don't recall giving her a pole dance taunt or anything... did I? I designed the moveset in 2006 or 2007 (it was originally for Brawl), so I might not have considered certain... implications.

I like the ideas you came up with; I think I'll try replacing some of mine. Also, as I already said, when Krystal brings up her gender in the lines I wrote, she's basically making the point that it's irrelevant to her fighting ability (except "don't sneak up on a lady"), that's inexcusable).
If it's irrelevant to her fighting ability, she has no need to mention it. Mentioning it implies it is relevant. It's like denying something without actually being accused... suddenly you look guilty.

@ TheDarkKnightNoivern TheDarkKnightNoivern

Nice Moveset. I see many things I have also thought of and are implemented in my moveset ideas. Only a few differences though. I like some of your ideas better too. One big difference with my moveset is that I imagined Krystal having the staff "holstered" on her back similar to how Fox carries it in Adventures. But with her using it for over half her moves I guess it would make more sense for her to always have it out. Just thought of how Fox and Falco can unholster their blasters just fine. And some of my ideas used the fact that it started on her back as the start of the move. I might reassess and determine it's better for her to have it with her. Hard to say atm. It mostly wouldn't hugely effect my ideas, just the animations for them. Still thinking I'd rather do an elaborate drawn out moveset just for fun. Will give me time to think about it, but it's likely you wont see anything for a long while.

Also, been meaning to say... I like your taste in characters. I see that sig and think, "yes, all that". And I see the characters you've used and I think "good taste". Of course, that's just my opinion, but we seem to share that mostly.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
If it's irrelevant to her fighting ability, she has no need to mention it. Mentioning it implies it is relevant. It's like denying something without actually being accused... suddenly you look guilty.

@ TheDarkKnightNoivern TheDarkKnightNoivern

Nice Moveset. I see many things I have also thought of and are implemented in my moveset ideas. Only a few differences though. I like some of your ideas better too. One big difference with my moveset is that I imagined Krystal having the staff "holstered" on her back similar to how Fox carries it in Adventures. But with her using it for over half her moves I guess it would make more sense for her to always have it out. Just thought of how Fox and Falco can unholster their blasters just fine. And some of my ideas used the fact that it started on her back as the start of the move. I might reassess and determine it's better for her to have it with her. Hard to say atm. It mostly wouldn't hugely effect my ideas, just the animations for them. Still thinking I'd rather do an elaborate drawn out moveset just for fun. Will give me time to think about it, but it's likely you wont see anything for a long while.

Also, been meaning to say... I like your taste in characters. I see that sig and think, "yes, all that". And I see the characters you've used and I think "good taste". Of course, that's just my opinion, but we seem to share that mostly.
A staff holster would look pretty cool, maybe it could be a part of that flight jacket I mentioned

Also, Ike, Zelda, Lucario, Ganondorf and Hyrule Warriors, I see you have good opinions too :p

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
A staff holster would look pretty cool, maybe it could be a part of that flight jacket I mentioned

Also, Ike, Zelda, Lucario, Ganondorf and Hyrule Warriors, I see you have good opinions too :p
A lot of her designs give her a small backpack on her back. I figure a smaller one dedicated to her staff where it clips on the outside for quick retrieval would be cool and it's how I imagined it. Fox pulls the staff out pretty fast in Adventures and it shown to be collapsible. Some of her moves could involve it extending suddenly and stabbing in that way. It would be a quick grab over her right shoulder to get it. Figure her idle animation would have her in a ready position to grab it. May change my mind out having it holstered by default though.

Ridley, Dixie, Lucas, Wolf, Krystal, and Impa are all in my top 6 additions to Smash. Of course Ridley seems to be legit out for the foreseeable future, but rest are pretty much exactly who I'd want as DLC if I could get 5 choices. Wolf was sooo fun for me in Brawl. I'm certain you can appreciate him in that game too, heh. I couldn't quite get into Lucario in Brawl, but I'm liking him better in this game. And you know my opinion on Hyrule Warriors. Got to play some more of that again.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
A lot of her designs give her a small backpack on her back. I figure a smaller one dedicated to her staff where it clips on the outside for quick retrieval would be cool and it's how I imagined it. Fox pulls the staff out pretty fast in Adventures and it shown to be collapsible. Some of her moves could involve it extending suddenly and stabbing in that way. It would be a quick grab over her right shoulder to get it. Figure her idle animation would have her in a ready position to grab it. May change my mind out having it holstered by default though.

Ridley, Dixie, Lucas, Wolf, Krystal, and Impa are all in my top 6 additions to Smash. Of course Ridley seems to be legit out for the foreseeable future, but rest are pretty much exactly who I'd want as DLC if I could get 5 choices. Wolf was sooo fun for me in Brawl. I'm certain you can appreciate him in that game too, heh. I couldn't quite get into Lucario in Brawl, but I'm liking him better in this game. And you know my opinion on Hyrule Warriors. Got to play some more of that again.
I need to get back into it too, I'll become obsessed with it for a week and then stop for a month before coming back to it again. I've still yet to try out Ganon mode because I've honestly burned myself out on it by this point

Also while ridley may be out of the question for smash 4, there's still hope for him in Project M so there's always that

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I need to get back into it too, I'll become obsessed with it for a week and then stop for a month before coming back to it again. I've still yet to try out Ganon mode because I've honestly burned myself out on it by this point

Also while ridley may be out of the question for smash 4, there's still hope for him in Project M so there's always that
Likewise with all those characters if the effort is put into them. I understand PM has limitations, but if the imagination is there and talent, special mods can be made even if they're not "official" to the PM release. Mewtwo started as a project outside of PM way back when.

I played a ton of Hyrule Warriors when it first came out all the way up until Smash Wii U's release. Finished the first two Adventure Maps and had a chance to play Twili Midna a lot. Haven't played it much since then. Really only have tried Tingle and Young Link a few times and I've not even downloaded the Ganon mode yet. Wasn't aware it was out already.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Likewise with all those characters if the effort is put into them. I understand PM has limitations, but if the imagination is there and talent, special mods can be made even if they're not "official" to the PM release. Mewtwo started as a project outside of PM way back when.

I played a ton of Hyrule Warriors when it first came out all the way up until Smash Wii U's release. Finished the first two Adventure Maps and had a chance to play Twili Midna a lot. Haven't played it much since then. Really only have tried Tingle and Young Link a few times and I've not even downloaded the Ganon mode yet. Wasn't aware it was out already.
I'm still on the master quest map right now, but since some of my characters are extremely underlevelled I'm gonna need to grind them up first, yay :glare: What fun

Also I think I've played Young Link, Tingle and Twili midna a grand total of once each

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I'm still on the master quest map right now, but since some of my characters are extremely underlevelled I'm gonna need to grind them up first, yay :glare: What fun

Also I think I've played Young Link, Tingle and Twili midna a grand total of once each
Or you can just pay to level them. Everytime I've gotten a new character I just pay them up to 40. Then I use them. I usually have enough drops hanging around to get half their badges right from the beginning too. I use Zelda the most in that game, then Link, Sheik, and Ganon... ironically, all the Smash characters. Then it's probably Midna, Impa, Ruto, and Ghirahim.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Or you can just pay to level them. Everytime I've gotten a new character I just pay them up to 40. Then I use them. I usually have enough drops hanging around to get half their badges right from the beginning too. I use Zelda the most in that game, then Link, Sheik, and Ganon... ironically, all the Smash characters. Then it's probably Midna, Impa, Ruto, and Ghirahim.
That still requires rupee grinding though

Also I mainly use Impa, Zelda, Link, Ganondorf and Zant

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
That still requires rupee grinding though

Also I mainly use Impa, Zelda, Link, Ganondorf and Zant
Do one of the quests in the Master Quest Adventure map where you kill as many enemies as possible in a limited time. They say "Rack up your KO count". It always takes the same amount of time and the enemies are super dense. There's also green bottle drops frequently. I usually kill 400+ enemies and a boss or two and let the green bottles accumulate on the field. I then activate my spirit magic or whatever it's called and start my combo. Depending on how many green bottles I have around to use and how I manage getting more in the process, I can get a spirit combo over 700. By the end I can easily have at least 2000 KOs and in a limited amount of time. I can earn most of a level on even a 100 Lv character and racks the cash ridiculously. I like to do this one quest that's somewhere like 3rd row from the bottom and 3 columns right of center... somewhere in there.

I'll be honest though, I've never really had to grind for money. I always have enough. Buying levels gets really steep beyond level 40 though. That's why I buy only up to that point to get a character started. To buy the levels from 40 to 50 costs about as much as buying the levels from 0 to 40 or it's close. It gets expensive fast. So yeah, I don't burn through cash too flippantly. And I pretty much never do potions. I've yet to really notice their usefulness, or perhaps I'm not using that function right.

Ok, I'm not quite sure why we're talking about Hyrule Warriors in a StarFox related thread.
It just came up randomly after Noivern and I were appreciating each other's tastes. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Did it
Krystal Moveset:
Krystal is a character from the Star Fox series. She's a newly recruited member of the Star Fox team after an incident occured where her planet was destroyed leaving her as the last remaining survivor of Cerinia and assists the team using her telepathic abilities which always come in handy. Krystal is a very caring and gentle character but she can be stubborn when she needs to. This fiesty vixen is ready for a fight and with her amazing hand-to-hand combat skills, she can easily get the job done.​

Playstyle:
Krystal is a character with a lot of range thanks to her staff and she's pretty quick on her feet too, however she lacks in power meaning she needs to rack up tons of damage before knocking someone out but with her speed that's not too much of a problem

Stats:
Ground Speed - 8/10
Krystal is pretty quick on her feet, overall her speed is in between Fox and Falco's

Air Speed - 6/10
She also has a decently quick air speed too

Overall Attack Power - 4/10
Krystal isn't the strongest of characters but she makes up for that in other areas

Jump Height - 7/10
Krystal can jump quite high, it's about between Fox and Falco

Fall Speed - 5/10
Krystal falls quite a bit slower than the other star fox characters, around mario's speed

Weight - 5/10
Krystal is also fairly light

Height - 5/10
Krystal is around the same height as the other Star Fox characters​

Tilt Attacks:
Jab 1: Krystal will swing her staff in front of her going from right to left
Jab 2: Similar to the first hit of jab, only going left to right
Jab 3: Krystal will stab straight in front of her
Rapid attack: Krystal will repeatedly stab multiple times in front of her before swinging her staff upwards
Dash attack: Krystal will slide similarly to mario with her staff pointed out in front of her
Forward Tilt: Krystal will do a quick jumping slash with her staff, spinning around with it
Up Tilt: Krystal will throw her staff upwards in a spinning motion before catching it
Down Tilt: Krystal will poke her staff outwards, tripping anyone hit with the tip of it

Smash Attacks:
Forward Smash: Krystal, using her staff as leverage will swing up it and kick out her legs before jumping back down (See 1:59 of The Suxxed One's Krystal vid)
Up Smash: Krystal will slam her staff into the ground and use it as a pole vault allowing her to jump up and flip in the air
Down Smash: Krystal will get down near the ground and spin her staff around her, similarly to Shulk's down smash

Aerial Attacks:
Neutral Air: Krystal will spin around with her staff, kicking out with her legs in front of her (Think Zero Suit Samus' Fair)
Forward Air: She'll perform a front flip before slamming her leg downwards in front of her
Back Air: Krystal will swing behind her with her staff in an upwards arc
Up Air: Krystal will backflip, swinging her staff upwards along with her
Down Air: Krystal will take her staff and stab straight downwards acting as a meteor smash

Grab and Throws:
Grab: A standard grab, she'll reach out with her left hand
Pummel: She'll hit the opponent with the centre of her staff
Forward Throw: She'll swing her staff which is below her in an upwards arc, knocking the opponent away
Back Throw: She'll throw the opponent behind her before spinning around and hitting them with her staff like a baseball bat
Up Throw: She'll catch the opponent on the end of her staff and then toss them straight upwards
Down Throw: She'll throw the opponent downwards, then jump on then jump on them with her staff pointed downwards, looks visually similar to the finishing blow in twilight princess

Special Attacks:
Neutral B: Fire Blaster
Krystal will shoot a blast of fire, this deals quite a lot of damage but is fired in an upwards arc making it harder to hit than say, Fox or Falco's blaster. The move travels about halfway across battlefield before landing where it will stay on the ground for a second before disappearing.

Side B: Ice Blaster
Krystal will release a stream of ice from her staff, the move is visually similar to the ice climber's Blizzard, it also has similar range and can freeze opponents just like it. However, Krystal can also move while using it and the stream will become smaller and weaker over time similarly to Bowser's fire breath.

Up B: Rocket Staff
Krystal will grab her staff and hold on tightly as it prepares to blast upwards, the move is similar to Fox and Falco's Fire Fox/Bird except it goes further and the direction it can be fired is much more limited, only ever going straight upwards or slightly diagonally. The move also has a sweetspot if hit with the tip

Down B: Ground Quake
Krystal will rise up as she begins to charge the move, at full charge she will be about half her height up on the air, then when released she'll slam downwards stabbing her staff into the ground and releasing waves of energy from both sides. At lower charges the move does minimal damage and knockback but when fully charged it can easily KO opponents in higher percents

Final Smash: Dinosaur Stampede
Krystal will put her fingers against her forehead and call the cloudrunner she rode at the beginning of Star Fox Adventures which will fly on stage as 2 portals similar to those found in Adventures appear at both sides of the stage. A stampede of Earthwalkers from one side and Clousrunners from the other will charge across the stage trapping and repeatedly hitting anyone in their way before running through the other portal as the Cloudrunner flies past with Krystal jumping off it, landing with one hand on the ground, one leg outstretched and one leg kneeling on the ground.

Entrance: The Cloudrunner from the beginning of Star Fox Adventures will fly onstage as Krystal jumps off where it will then take back to the skies and fly off the other side

Stance: She'll essentially stand like this with her staff in her right hand

Idle 1: This basically
Idle 2: Krystal will stab her staff into the ground and lean on it for a second

Side Taunt: Krystal spins her staff before stabbing it into the ground then striking this pose saying "All right, that's enough"
Up Taunt: Krystal will place her right hand on her hip and brush her hair back with her left saying "It's not over, yet"
Down Taunt: Krystal will stretch her arms behind her back and say "Is that all you've got?"

Victory Pose 1: Krystal will fly in on the dinosaur from the beginning of adventures and say "Thanks for helping me. I can take it from here" (Quote from Adventures) before jumping off and waving to it as it flies away
Victory Pose 2: Krystal will slam her staff into the ground pulling this pose while standing next to tricky, she'll then kneel down and pet him
Victory Pose 3: Krystal will throw her staff into the air and catch it before saying "I didn't hurt you too badly, did I?" in a sassy tone while also showing her caring side

Victory Fanfare: The regular Star Fox fanfare which is also shared by Fox and Falco

Alternate Costumes:
1) Default (Star Fox: Command inspired, featuring more realistic fur akin to assault as well as a black flight jacket among various other changes)
2) Katt Monroe (Gray Fur, blue eyes, pink eyeshadow, yellow, orange and red outfit)
3) Amanda Toad (Pink fur, blue eyes, green, yellow and blue outfit
4) Lucy Hare (Light pink fur, Hot pink eyes, light hellow face fur, yellow, orange and red outfit)
5) Kursed (Black outfit, Purple makeup)
6) Dark Krystal (Dark alt like Fox and Falco's)
7) Miyu (Orange fur, blue eyes, red and white outfit)
8) Fay (White fur, blue eyes, red and white outfit)

It's not the most incredibly detailed thing but it is what it is

Also, sorry about the double post but I thought this kinda needed it's own
I like the alternate costume ideas for Krystal that you came up with they're awesome however the moveset you came up with is good, but I feel like its a little too centered on her staff in my opinion. I know I've said this before along time ago, but I've always felt that Krystal's moveset would be based on a blend of her staff and the modern weaponry of StarFox(Thats just me though.....). Also I think we all need to remember the new mechanic implemented in SSB4 called Custom Moves. What kind of custom moves will Krystal have if her moveset is mainly based on her staff Vs. a moveset based upon a blend of her staff and the modern weaponry of the StarFox universe?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I like the alternate costume ideas for Krystal that you came up with they're awesome however the moveset you came up with is good, but I feel like its a little too centered on her staff in my opinion. I know I've said this before along time ago, but I've always felt that Krystal's moveset would be based on a blend of her staff and the modern weaponry of StarFox(Thats just me though.....). Also I think we all need to remember the new mechanic implemented in SSB4 called Custom Moves. What kind of custom moves will Krystal have if her moveset is mainly based on her staff Vs. a moveset based upon a blend of her staff and the modern weaponry of the StarFox universe?
I don't know about that we already have 2 other characters, 3 if wolf comes back that already use the futuristic weaponry. Giving Krystal a moveset based on the adventures style only makes more sense imo, plus it is her weapon from her first and biggest appearance. I feel like a mix of the two would be kind of weird and I can't see it working too well

Also I don't bother with custom moves cause I can never think of any good ideas

Last edited:

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
I don't know about that we already have 2 other characters, 3 if wolf comes back that already use the futuristic weaponry. Giving Krystal a moveset based on the adventures style only makes more sense imo, plus it is her weapon from her first and biggest appearance. I feel like a mix of the two would be kind of weird and I can't see it working too well

Also I don't bother with custom moves cause I can never think of any good ideas
About the custom move thing fair enough. A moveset based upon Krystal's staff and the modern weaponry of the StarFox universe isn't as weird as you think is. One of the main reasons for my idea of a moveset based on the staff & modern weaponry for Krystal is to prevent fans from b@@@hing about how Krystal is a clone of Palutena, which your moveset based around her staff would possibly cause. This scenario would only be possible if Nintendo happens to have more DLC planned for SSB4 besides Mewtwo which is unknown as of right now. Btw why bring up Fox and Falco when I wasn't referring to them in the first place? As for Wolf I would be happy to see him return, but I don't think they would load him with tons of random weaponry as a new moveset. If they did I like them to give Wolf his dual laser SMGs from his animation in Assault when you select him on the character select screen in multiplayer mode.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
About the custom move thing fair enough. A moveset based upon Krystal's staff and the modern weaponry of the StarFox universe isn't as weird as you think is. One of the main reasons for my idea of a moveset based on the staff & modern weaponry for Krystal is to prevent fans from b@@@hing about how Krystal is a clone of Palutena, which your moveset based around her staff would possibly cause. This scenario would only be possible if Nintendo happens to have more DLC planned for SSB4 besides Mewtwo which is unknown as of right now. Btw why bring up Fox and Falco when I wasn't referring to them in the first place? As for Wolf I would be happy to see him return, but I don't think they would load him with tons of random weaponry as a new moveset. If they did I like them to give Wolf his dual laser SMGs from his animation in Assault when you select him on the character select screen in multiplayer mode.
People who think that would be a clone of Palutena shouldn't be listened to anyway, like, c'mon

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I'm curious how you'd diversify her moveset. At what points would she be using her staff and at what points would she be using something else? How many other things could she use. There's a moveset listed in or near the OP that gives her a stance change that allows her to switch her entire moveset. No other character can boost such a thing though and it's hard to imagine it being implemented. I would like to hear your approach to the problem though.

Thing with the staff is that it can perform a variety of actions and is a physical weapon. She doesn't need a blaster because it can do what a blaster does. She doesn't need a reflector because it can do what a reflector does, or at least it can create a barrier. Only thing I could see Krystal using that the staff couldn't really replicate are grenades Snake style or maybe Assault's mines. In general though, at least in my mind, Krystal's staff will likely have an emphasis on it similar to Pit's bow, except it'll be involved in less neutrals and more specials. In terms of customs though, I could see her having a variety of customs that if you set it up right could nearly avoid the staff all together. I see her upB being something that'll always integrate the staff though. The staff's rocket boost makes more sense than Fire Fox and the like. Also, Krystal isn't Link and I don't see her carrying a ton of unnecessary stuff usually.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
I'm curious how you'd diversify her moveset. At what points would she be using her staff and at what points would she be using something else? How many other things could she use. There's a moveset listed in or near the OP that gives her a stance change that allows her to switch her entire moveset. No other character can boost such a thing though and it's hard to imagine it being implemented. I would like to hear your approach to the problem though.

Thing with the staff is that it can perform a variety of actions and is a physical weapon. She doesn't need a blaster because it can do what a blaster does. She doesn't need a reflector because it can do what a reflector does, or at least it can create a barrier. Only thing I could see Krystal using that the staff couldn't really replicate are grenades Snake style or maybe Assault's mines. In general though, at least in my mind, Krystal's staff will likely have an emphasis on it similar to Pit's bow, except it'll be involved in less neutrals and more specials. In terms of customs though, I could see her having a variety of customs that if you set it up right could nearly avoid the staff all together. I see her upB being something that'll always integrate the staff though. The staff's rocket boost makes more sense than Fire Fox and the like. Also, Krystal isn't Link and I don't see her carrying a ton of unnecessary stuff usually.
Yikes who would've thought my simple opinion on Krystal's moveset could cause so much questioning towards me on the matter. Anyway I have no idea how the staff & modern weaponry would fit together. I just find a moveset for Krystal based only on her staff a bit boring in my opinion.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Yikes who would've thought my simple opinion on Krystal's moveset could cause so much questioning towards me on the matter. Anyway I have no idea how the staff & modern weaponry would fit together. I just find a moveset for Krystal based only on her staff a bit boring in my opinion.
I was only curious. Wasn't sure how I'd do it and I thought some of your insight would be helpful.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Although whether she'd be more likely to use her staff, high tech weapons, or a hybrid of the two might depend on what she does in the upcoming Star Fox game. If there are segments of on-foot combat, what she uses could affect how she might be portrayed in Smash, since it'd be her most recent and relevant appearance.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Although whether she'd be more likely to use her staff, high tech weapons, or a hybrid of the two might depend on what she does in the upcoming Star Fox game. If there are segments of on-foot combat, what she uses could affect how she might be portrayed in Smash, since it'd be her most recent and relevant appearance.
Yes. I have said as much myself in a few less words a few more times, heh. It's part of why I really hope they make the most of the hardware and expand on the on-foot section as well as the vehicle driven and on-rails parts for the new Star Fox game. If the idea is to perhaps release DLC to coincide with the Star Fox game, then it would make sense that this DLC would be developed as the characters and gameplay is developed in Star Fox Wii U.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
No offence or anything but I hate the lines, the idea of Krystal becoming more of a sex symbol than she already is, is just terrible and the way you made her constantly talk about her gender makes her come off as obnoxious and like there's nothing else to her besides her gender. Where's the kindness yet stubborness assault claimed to have (I really can't remember much of assault)
I feel more fitting lines would be things like "All right, that's enough boys!" or "it's not over, yet" both quotes from Assault. I'm fine with giving Krystal a little sass but that's a little much

Here's the assault script btw http://starfox.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Fox:_Assault/Script

Also here's my idea for taunts
1) Krystal spins her staff before stabbing it into the ground then striking this pose saying "All right, that's enough"
2) Krystal will place her right hand on her hip and brush her hair back with her left saying "It's not over, yet"
3) Krystal will stretch her arms behind her back and say "Is that all you've got?"

and victory animations
1) Krystal will fly in on the dinosaur from the beginning of adventures and say "Thanks for helping me. I can take it from here" (Quote from Adventures) before jumping off and waving to it as it flies away
2) Krystal will slam her staff into the ground while standing next to tricky, she'll then kneel down and pet him
3) Krystal will throw her staff into the air and catch it before saying "I didn't hurt you too badly, did I?" in a sassy tone while also showing her caring side

Also, her intro should be the dinosaur from the beginning of Adventures too

You know what, I feel like making my own moveset, why not
Personally I like the ideas there for her taunts there. But instead of her saying "It's not over yet" , she can say "You're not ready yet." It sounds more like her character and not really a sex symbol there that some people tend to think. I guess for her entrance animation there if she would to be playable in Smash 4 for DLC, it could be her coming in either from her Cloudrunner spacecraft from Command. What do you think?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Personally I like the ideas there for her taunts there. But instead of her saying "It's not over yet" , she can say "You're not ready yet." It sounds more like her character and not really a sex symbol there that some people tend to think. I guess for her entrance animation there if she would to be playable in Smash 4 for DLC, it could be her coming in either from her Cloudrunner spacecraft from Command. What do you think?
I swear there's someone who already says "You're not ready yet."

The Cloud Runner could work but I'd prefer if she flew in on an actual CloudRunner

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I still find it kinda ironic that the thread title still says Year of StarFox. Miyamoto was actually joking when he said that at E3, so it's kinda weird basing the title off a joke.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I swear there's someone who already says "You're not ready yet."

The Cloud Runner could work but I'd prefer if she flew in on an actual CloudRunner
There's also a couple people who say "Come on". I don't think there's actually anyone that says "you're not ready yet" in taunts or victory lines. Pit used to say it in Brawl, but doesn't anymore. Male Robin says "you're not ready" though and female Robin says "Here I go". One is very close to a line Krystal says in Assault when she wins multiplayer and the other is word for word her taunt in Assault. Fact is she said the lines first and I think they're still fair game for taunts.

https://youtu.be/-MJ15FQozVg?t=29s <- Krystal saying "you're not ready yet!".
https://youtu.be/rvpfIE8erEM?t=35s <- Krystal saying "here I go".

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
https://youtu.be/-MJ15FQozVg?t=29s

There's also a couple people who say "Come on". I don't think there's actually anyone that says "you're not ready yet" in taunts or victory lines. Pit used to say it in Brawl, but doesn't anymore. Male Robin says "you're not ready" though and female Robin says "Here I go". One is very close to a line Krystal says in Assault when she wins multiplayer and the other is word for word her taunt in Assault. Fact is she said the lines first and I think they're still fair game for taunts.
Pit. That's who I was thinking of, Although I guess Krystal said it first, granted I completely forgot about her saying that

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
All we can do now is hope for the best with Star Fox Wii U, and I don't see the game being a reboot, I see the game being a continuation after Assault and erasing Command from canon, Miyamoto was using placeholders from SF643D since the game was in very early pre alpha

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Command's default ending had Krystal rejoining the team, didn't it? I could see them continuing from that.

But yeah, anyone who assumes a retcon is in order because of the Star Fox 64 3D footage used in the engine test...has no idea what an engine test is.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Yeah, I. Highly doubt they would continue on from StarFox Command considering it was basically the "Shadow the Hedgehog" of the whole StarFox franchise.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Command's default ending had Krystal rejoining the team, didn't it? I could see them continuing from that.

But yeah, anyone who assumes a retcon is in order because of the Star Fox 64 3D footage used in the engine test...has no idea what an engine test is.
True. The main ending there in Command if I'm not mistaken is of Krystal rejoining the Starfox team which consists of members such as Fox, Falco, Slippy, Krystal and their newest member Amanda.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
True. The main ending there in Command if I'm not mistaken is of Krystal rejoining the Starfox team which consists of members such as Fox, Falco, Slippy, Krystal and their newest member Amanda.
But Command was too detested among the fan base for it's plot, being too much like a crappy fan fiction (their are good fanfics and bad fanfics, the good ones are close to their characters in the games, the bad ones are like Command, OOC)

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
But Command was too detested among the fan base for it's plot, being too much like a crappy fan fiction (their are good fanfics and bad fanfics, the good ones are close to their characters in the games, the bad ones are like Command, OOC)
But if we threw out all of Command, even the "default" ending, would that not make us just as bad as the genwunners who want to retcon everything after SF64 because it doesn't fit what they want the series to be?

Top Bottom