• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Geez, you guys are being too dramatic.

I know we're complaining about Krystal, and I know it sucks, but Dixie and Toad's fans have it worse.

I don't think Krystal not being in the codec means she has been written off from Starfox, however I do believe it means the team was too lazy to ask her voice actress to make new voices. As for voices, they can always change. Say hello to Rosalina and Peach who have had multiple voice actresses.

Mewtwo won't be the only DLC character, there is simply no way. He probably is the tip of the iceberg. It is no surprise they announced him as the first DLC character. I mean, most wanted character in Sm4sh anyone ? It makes for great advertisement. You just don't take 5 months to create and balance a single character when you have a huge team at your side. Oh, and I'm also under the belief that development for DLC might have already started so it's even more than 5 months.

If companies do DLC, it's probably profitable. There is absolutely no reason for Nintendo to pass on such an opportunity, especially when it can be bought on two versions of the same game. And Nintendo doesn't necessarily need to make amiibos for every character. Who knows if every fighter will have a figurine ? Not even half of the figurines have been revealed, they look really cheap and mostly feature the main 'characters' so far. The most recognizable ones, and the Mario ones (yes, I know it's basically the same thing, but still).

It's pointless to torture ourselves about the fate of Krystal, as great and cool as she may be. If she somehow disapears from he series, which I find unlikely, we could always show our support for this character and ask for her again. It's no big deal. And even if things don't go our way...well, what can we do about it ?

Honestly, I think it would be difficult to erase Krystal from the Starfox series when she's a recurring character and the only recurring female in the series. Not to mention her role, her popularity, etc... It doesn't make sense. Then again, a lot of stuff doesn't make sense, lol.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Let's get this straight: If being Rule 34 bait took characters out of the running, Palutena would never have made it.

I don't think they'd shy away from characters for being too "controversial", either. They went ahead with the Wii Fit Trainer despite knowing there'd likely be backlash over such a weird pick. I seem to remember there being controversy over R.O.B. (and Lucario, to a lesser extent) back when Brawl was released, and yet that didn't stop them. Why would it now?

Besides, a new Star Fox game is a perfect opportunity to expand on Krystal's character and make her that much more compelling. Why throw out what you can redeem?

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Geez, you guys are being too dramatic.

I know we're complaining about Krystal, and I know it sucks, but Dixie and Toad's fans have it worse.

I don't think Krystal not being in the codec means she has been written off from Starfox, however I do believe it means the team was too lazy to ask her voice actress to make new voices. As for voices, they can always change. Say hello to Rosalina and Peach who have had multiple voice actresses.

Mewtwo won't be the only DLC character, there is simply no way. He probably is the tip of the iceberg. It is no surprise they announced him as the first DLC character. I mean, most wanted character in Sm4sh anyone ? It makes for great advertisement. You just don't take 5 months to create and balance a single character when you have a huge team at your side. Oh, and I'm also under the belief that development for DLC might have already started so it's even more than 5 months.

If companies do DLC, it's probably profitable. There is absolutely no reason for Nintendo to pass on such an opportunity, especially when it can be bought on two versions of the same game. And Nintendo doesn't necessarily need to make amiibos for every character. Who knows if every fighter will have a figurine ? Not even half of the figurines have been revealed, they look really cheap and mostly feature the main 'characters' so far. The most recognizable ones, and the Mario ones (yes, I know it's basically the same thing, but still).

It's pointless to torture ourselves about the fate of Krystal, as great and cool as she may be. If she somehow disapears from he series, which I find unlikely, we could always show our support for this character and ask for her again. It's no big deal. And even if things don't go our way...well, what can we do about it ?

Honestly, I think it would be difficult to erase Krystal from the Starfox series when she's a recurring character and the only recurring female in the series. Not to mention her role, her popularity, etc... It doesn't make sense. Then again, a lot of stuff doesn't make sense, lol.
I agree. Let's not overthink about this. Besides I'm sure that Krystal won't get killed off that e así ly despite the huge fanbase she and Wolf has. If Nintendo and Miyamoto wanted to kill her off, they would have done it long ago. But they haven't and I doubt that they'll do it. I'm sure Krystal and Wolf will be back in SF Wii U.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Let's get this straight: If being Rule 34 bait took characters out of the running, Palutena would never have made it.

I agree. I find the arguments that Krystal shouldn't be in the game because of Rule 34 to be incredibly stupid.
Especially when you have something like this already in the game.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace

I agree. I find the arguments that Krystal shouldn't be in the game because of Rule 34 to be incredibly stupid.
Especially when you have something like this already in the game.
I'm pretty sure that Rule 34 is a non-factor in the selection of characters for the Smash roster. I don't think Nintendo cares about Rule 34, else characters like Krystal and Bayonetta would not have been made and KEPT in the first place.

However, the common controversy that revolves a character... I'm not so sure about. Part of me wants to say that controversy doesn't impact a character's chances. However, I can't help but feel that Nintendo may be sensitive about characters with a lot of controversy due to a potential fear of causing chaos. I know it sounds stupid, but my fears have yet to be aleviated. Nintendo could instantly remedy this by adding Krystal in the game and vindicating those who understand her potential.

Krystal is controversial for more reasons than just Rule 34, unfortunately. Here are a few things that come to mind, from what I've seen:

1. "Rule 34 bait". Obviously discussed above, just wanted to add it here for the list.

2. "She's useless in the Star Fox games". This is probably the most discussed reason besides the Rule 34 argument. People claim that she hasn't done anything significant to earn a position on the Star Fox team, and beyond that, she hasn't really done anything useful on the Star Fox team. They also claim that her telepathy is sort of useless, because the Great Fox itself has been and still could be the hub of receiving information for missions, etc. I'm not going to argue against these reasons, because they're sound. I too would say that she hasn't done much in the Star Fox series, and it's unfortunate that Ninendo would restrict her to be just Fox's love interest with nothing more prominent. However, this is the reasoning that strengthens my support for Krystal getting in Smash. Let her be interesting in Smash so that people could see the possibilities for Star Fox. From there, you could use this opportunity to redeem her character.

3. "She screwed up the lore in Star Fox". There are some people who are confused about the process of Krystal being enlisted in the Star Fox team. They claim that she has had no apparent training beforehand, and that she was just kind of added on the team out of nowhere (going off of the lore between Adventures and Assault mainly). They're right, actually. We have nothing that suggests a gradual enlistment. While I agree that makes the character less interesting within the context of the Star Fox universe, it doesn't make sense to hold the character back from Smash due to her restrictions in Star Fox. Remember, redemption is possible.

4. "She is the reason Star Fox has been declining, both in quality and gameplay". This one is also very common. I am adamantly against this reason, though. It suggests that the games of Star Fox, since Adventures, have been made to revolve around Krystal, which simply isn't true. I already pointed out that the developers are the ones to blame behind the decisions of a videogame. They always are. How can a character be held accountable for the shortcomings of a videogame? The developers are the ones who restricted Krystal to be what she is. And yet, she's still under this controversy...

After that, you'll start to see more personal reasons/vendettas against Krystal. These usually result from the reasons above, and do not stand well on their own. You usually see the term "hate" in these reasons (with "hate" being a reason itself) that Krystal should not get in Smash. However, like I said, these reasons stem from the reasons above, as they have caused people to become bitter towards Krystal.

Anyways, that's all I've seen pretty much.

(I lied about having a "last post" in the previous page. I'm willing to stick around and discuss Krystal for a while longer.)

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-no-premium-smash-bros-dlc-currently-planned-more/

What does this mean for us eh?

I had a dream Krystal was confirmed, hopefully they plan it in 2015 and release it when star fox wii u is out, but if thats it then... welp.

edit: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11...smash-wii-3ds?abthid=546d0b2797bb8b3344000030
It doesn't mean anything at all for DLC in general. Its just PR talk, and besides, THE GAME ISN'T EVEN OUT YET.

Seriously, they're not going to talk about DLC before release. That said, it does seem even more likely now that any DLC characters would probably be more popular characters. Promotional characters are much more iffy, unless they're popular characters who went out of prominence but are coming back into it, such as (for example) a new GS game being announced, or K. Rool announced to return in the DK franchise.

Krystal is a bit more iffy. Star Fox still needs Wolf back before Krystal will likely even be considered. However, Star Fox U is coming out next year, and Krystal is a fairly popular character. If she's back in Star Fox U, she might have a decent shot at DLC.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I'm gonna be honest, the chance of krystal being written out of star fox are slim imo

For one reason, She's female

Basically every game needs that main female protagonist and nintendo knows that.

Look at 3D World, where we have 2 playable females out of 5

Look at hyrule warriors where 10 out of the 17 characters are female

Look at smash which adds more female characters than we've ever had

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm gonna be honest, the chance of krystal being written out of star fox are slim imo

For one reason, She's female

Basically every game needs that main female protagonist and nintendo knows that.

Look at 3D World, where we have 2 playable females out of 5

Look at hyrule warriors where 10 out of the 17 characters are female

Look at smash which adds more female characters than we've ever had
I think the chance of Krystal being written out are slim, but that doesn't mean she's a likely DLC candidate. Again, we still need Wolf back first. Then will Sakurai even consider Krystal? There's numerous characters more popular and more wanted than she is...

I do think the odds of Krystal being DLC have got up a bit in my eyes, but at the same time, she's still behind three other potential newcomer in my eyes (but it is higher than I previously ranked her).

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
I think the chance of Krystal being written out are slim, but that doesn't mean she's a likely DLC candidate. Again, we still need Wolf back first. Then will Sakurai even consider Krystal? There's numerous characters more popular and more wanted than she is...

I do think the odds of Krystal being DLC have got up a bit in my eyes, but at the same time, she's still behind three other potential newcomer in my eyes (but it is higher than I previously ranked her).
We'll see.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
It doesn't mean anything at all for DLC in general. Its just PR talk, and besides, THE GAME ISN'T EVEN OUT YET.

Seriously, they're not going to talk about DLC before release. That said, it does seem even more likely now that any DLC characters would probably be more popular characters. Promotional characters are much more iffy, unless they're popular characters who went out of prominence but are coming back into it, such as (for example) a new GS game being announced, or K. Rool announced to return in the DK franchise.

Krystal is a bit more iffy. Star Fox still needs Wolf back before Krystal will likely even be considered. However, Star Fox U is coming out next year, and Krystal is a fairly popular character. If she's back in Star Fox U, she might have a decent shot at DLC.
Y'know, I said similar things to what Sakurai has said in the past. I was wrong about my judgement before.

I'm not ready to make another judgement just yet. I will admit however that something like this makes me hold my breath, though.

I wonder where Krystal stands in Sakurai's eyes... I mean we just got confirmation by him why Ridley can't be made playable. Apparently, it was his size.

Maybe Krystal was never even considered? How can we know? She's not popular enough to be given an explanation for, regarding her absence...

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Y'know, I said similar things to what Sakurai has said in the past. I was wrong about my judgement before.

I'm not ready to make another judgement just yet. I will admit however that something like this makes me hold my breath, though.

I wonder where Krystal stands in Sakurai's eyes... I mean we just got confirmation by him why Ridley can't be made playable.

Maybe Krystal was never even considered? How can we know? She's not popular enough to be given an explanation for regarding her absence...
I dunno. Thing is, King K. Rool IS popular enough (Ridley's got a more vocal fanbase), but nothing has been said about him. Probably because he's only got a trophy. I'd honestly like to know why the Brawl AT's were cut. Especially a certain blond-haired swordsman who barely uses a sword. :p

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
I dunno. Thing is, King K. Rool IS popular enough (Ridley's got a more vocal fanbase), but nothing has been said about him. Probably because he's only got a trophy. I'd honestly like to know why the Brawl AT's were cut. Especially a certain blond-haired swordsman who barely uses a sword. :p
Same here. It's peculiar...

Same thing could be said about the absence of Krystal and Wolf in the new codecs, but it's probably just because they wanted to rep Star Fox 64 3D or because they weren't able to get ahold of their voice actors. The latter would be lazy, while the former would be restrictive.

It's a shame we don't know what any of it means. We may never even know what any of it means in the future either, because it's possible that the situation could stay the same. That'd be boring...

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Same here. It's peculiar...

Same thing could be said about the absence of Krystal and Wolf in the new codecs, but it's probably just because they wanted to rep Star Fox 64 3D or because they weren't able to get ahold of their voice actors. The latter would be lazy, while the former would be restrictive.

It's a shame we don't know what any of it means. We may never even know what any of it means in the future either, because it's possible that the situation could stay the same. That'd be boring...
Wolf's star fox 64 3d voice actor Jaz Adams is in the credits, he also voiced Peppy in the game too. Does anyone have those Lylat Cruise codecs, if they're the same from brawl, then Sakurai will have to announce Wolf dlc, since one of the codecs hints at him being playable.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Wolf's star fox 64 3d voice actor Jaz Adams is in the credits, he also voiced Peppy in the game too. Does anyone have those Lylat Cruise codecs, if they're the same from brawl, then Sakurai will have to announce Wolf dlc, since one of the codecs hints at him being playable.
Right, one of the Lylat Cruise does hint at Wolf being playable--when Leon was describing his moves.

However, that codec in particular was activated by Wolf in the first place.

I wonder if Wolf's codecs were kept in Smash Wii U, but just can't be activated yet. Quite the predicament...

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Right, one of the Lylat Cruise does hint at Wolf being playable--when Leon was describing his moves.

However, that codec in particular was activated by Wolf in the first place.

I wonder if Wolf's codecs were kept in Smash Wii U, but just can't be activated yet. Quite the predicament...
Actually the one I was reffering to was one of Fox's where Slippy hints at him and Falco being playable.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
The embargo on Smash Wii U information was lifted two days ago. I wonder why GameXplain hasn't shown us the codecs from Lylat Cruise?

What if they removed them all together? Wouldn't that be something...

Hmm...
Actually in the 50 fact extravaganza they said Lylat Cruise had codecs.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
I'm pretty sure that Rule 34 is a non-factor in the selection of characters for the Smash roster. I don't think Nintendo cares about Rule 34, else characters like Krystal and Bayonetta would not have been made and KEPT in the first place.

However, the common controversy that revolves a character... I'm not so sure about. Part of me wants to say that controversy doesn't impact a character's chances. However, I can't help but feel that Nintendo may be sensitive about characters with a lot of controversy due to a potential fear of causing chaos. I know it sounds stupid, but my fears have yet to be aleviated. Nintendo could instantly remedy this by adding Krystal in the game and vindicating those who understand her potential.

Krystal is controversial for more reasons than just Rule 34, unfortunately. Here are a few things that come to mind, from what I've seen:

1. "Rule 34 bait". Obviously discussed above, just wanted to add it here for the list.

2. "She's useless in the Star Fox games". This is probably the most discussed reason besides the Rule 34 argument. People claim that she hasn't done anything significant to earn a position on the Star Fox team, and beyond that, she hasn't really done anything useful on the Star Fox team. They also claim that her telepathy is sort of useless, because the Great Fox itself has been and still could be the hub of receiving information for missions, etc. I'm not going to argue against these reasons, because they're sound. I too would say that she hasn't done much in the Star Fox series, and it's unfortunate that Ninendo would restrict her to be just Fox's love interest with nothing more prominent. However, this is the reasoning that strengthens my support for Krystal getting in Smash. Let her be interesting in Smash so that people could see the possibilities for Star Fox. From there, you could use this opportunity to redeem her character.

3. "She screwed up the lore in Star Fox". There are some people who are confused about the process of Krystal being enlisted in the Star Fox team. They claim that she has had no apparent training beforehand, and that she was just kind of added on the team out of nowhere (going off of the lore between Adventures and Assault mainly). They're right, actually. We have nothing that suggests a gradual enlistment. While I agree that makes the character less interesting within the context of the Star Fox universe, it doesn't make sense to hold the character back from Smash due to her restrictions in Star Fox. Remember, redemption is possible.

4. "She is the reason Star Fox has been declining, both in quality and gameplay". This one is also very common. I am adamantly against this reason, though. It suggests that the games of Star Fox, since Adventures, have been made to revolve around Krystal, which simply isn't true. I already pointed out that the developers are the ones to blame behind the decisions of a videogame. They always are. How can a character be held accountable for the shortcomings of a videogame? The developers are the ones who restricted Krystal to be what she is. And yet, she's still under this controversy...

After that, you'll start to see more personal reasons/vendettas against Krystal. These usually result from the reasons above, and do not stand well on their own. You usually see the term "hate" in these reasons (with "hate" being a reason itself) that Krystal should not get in Smash. However, like I said, these reasons stem from the reasons above, as they have caused people to become bitter towards Krystal.

Anyways, that's all I've seen pretty much.

(I lied about having a "last post" in the previous page. I'm willing to stick around and discuss Krystal for a while longer.)
Honestly i agree with you on this. So after finishing adventures earlier this year and focused on the story krystal didnt really screw it up until command....however on the training part there was a time g-...hmm...wait time gap in between assault and adventures....heh if you guys dont recall they did say they want the traditional star fox gameplay with some new test type of stuff (aka things besides the arwing and the landmaster) so im gonna offer three things the new star fox could be.
-the gap between adventures and assault
-possibly the gap between 64 and adventures (sadly this would likely mean more chances for wolf)
-the gap between assault and command (please god no)
-or just a complete reboot.
so this means we have a half chance of her getting in...well any theories

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I personally don't think this new DLC interview really strikes anyone's chances down, I just think Mewtwo's the lucky one in this case, and they're gonna wait even more time to announce further characters, heck the 3DS version sold well enough, so we can't expect Nintendo to pull a Capcom like this.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Actually in the 50 fact extravaganza they said Lylat Cruise had codecs.
Then they're most likely the exact same as Brawl's, since GameXplain hasn't shown us them post embargo.

Honestly i agree with you on this. So after finishing adventures earlier this year and focused on the story krystal didnt really screw it up until command....however on the training part there was a time g-...hmm...wait time gap in between assault and adventures....heh if you guys dont recall they did say they want the traditional star fox gameplay with some new test type of stuff (aka things besides the arwing and the landmaster) so im gonna offer three things the new star fox could be.
-the gap between adventures and assault
-possibly the gap between 64 and adventures (sadly this would likely mean more chances for wolf)
-the gap between assault and command (please god no)
-or just a complete reboot.
so this means we have a half chance of her getting in...well any theories
I'm done theorizing. I failed every time. No point.

Last edited:

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07

True. Look what happened to Mario Kart 8. We didn't knew that the game was going to have DLC until now so it's no surprise here for Smash 4. I'm certain that Mewtwo isn't going to be the only DLC character we're getting and we'll get more than that. With the release of Star Fox Wii U next year, the chances of bringing Wolf back in as DLC is pretty good and Krystal's chances to be DLC For Smash 4 is good. After all, both she and Wolf have a really big fanbase and not to mention she's the only recurring female character who has had a prominent role in the SF series and in general than both Bill and Katt combine and díd I forgot to mention she's officially canon to the SF series. That's why I believe that she'll be back along with Wolf for Starfox Wii U and I doubt that they'll kill her off.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Probably not, because Sakurai specifically stated that DLC can happen and they're still thinking about it.
Not to mention that Mewtwo will still be paid DLC for some people despite what Sakurai has said yesterday about paid DLC.

As it stands, it seems they currently have no plans for DLC--unless they're hiding something (which I won't speculate about). There's no telling about what the future may bring, however.

We may have a long wait ahead of us, if they really don't have any current plans about DLC.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
It was just another "jury's out" response, basically. He didn't want it to come off as them cutting content from the base game to put a seperate price tag on. This is more or less the same as when he said "we want to make as complete an experience as possible, and then we'll talk DLC" a few months ago.

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Quote from Sakurai:

"We do various kinds of research during the planning stage. We consider the inclusion of characters that feature in games being developed at the same time, are highly requested by users and are popular within their series. We then think about how they could be unique if they were to appear in Super Smash Bros. Even if a character is highly popular and famous, they might not be chosen to appear as a fighter in Smash Bros because they lack uniqueness."

I still would like to hear what Sakurai has to say about Krystal and K. Rool, so we know exactly where they stand on their consideration of uniqueness.

Hell, because we don't know, it could be that they see no uniqueness in either of these characters. If this is the case, DLC is not going to change their opinion of them, and they will NOT be added to the game. This is possible.

But that's exactly why I'm saying that. We don't know. It's too unclear, so we're going to continue supporting these characters. And what if they don't get in? What will we be able to say then? No more than what we can say today, I GUARANTEE that. That's because Nintendo will NEVER tell us exactly where these characters stand. Why support something for so many years if you can never even at least have clarification on why the thing you supported didn't happen? It's just a massive waste of time. Blind investment.

Ridley supporters AT LEAST got an actual clarification on why Sakurai will never add him in the game. They're lucky. Or they're just loud.

Here's a long and interesting quote I found by someone online:

"Wow I don't think I have heard as much bull**** out of one devs mouth as I have from Sakurai's recently. So we leave out characters with tons of individuality and potential such as Isaac, Bayonetta, and the Wonder Red because... Why? And then we take characters with tons of uniqueness and opportunities like Lucina and dark pit and instead make them near exact clones? Even to the point where Marth and Lucina were tested against each other to MAKE SURE they were exactly the same? If you ate gonna try to make excuses for your bad design decisions at least come up with some excuses that AREN'T insultingly bad...

I want Nintendo to take full use of their franchises, not waste potential like Lucina, and not say things like "we will only create accurate representations of characters, or else the game becomes bad" when characters like Ganon remain as inaccurate as they can get. They choose uniqueness and balance over anything while they continually step over tons of unique characters and waste potential."

On a slightly unrelated note, I'm being pestered by my brother. A long time ago, he claimed that Nintendo only really makes the game for themselves--which was the opposite of my claim. We had a sort of bet, without the bet, if you will.

He's gloating, too. He's citing all of the CONTRADICTIONS Sakurai has made in the past few days (the things he has said, especially recently, contradicted a big part of the work in the game). He says that they should be HONEST from the start instead of CONTRADICT themselves after the fact. He also said that proves that they don't really care about the fans, because they'll leave their fans in the dark AND contradict their developmental decisions just for excuses.

And you know what? I agree with my brother. All of these contradictions aren't necessary. They should just tell us what they have planned, and they should be clear on the things they have done research on, telling us WHERE and HOW they research, WHO they research, and WHY certain researched characters don't get in. Hell, we don't even know if they did research. How can you believe any of their words when a lot their words have contradicted what they did in the games?

It's not fun to be left in the dark any more. It's horrifying.

Counter THAT. I dare you. The proof is riddled throughout the development of Smash 4, especially recently. Do the research, or open your eyes.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Quote from Sakurai:

"We do various kinds of research during the planning stage. We consider the inclusion of characters that feature in games being developed at the same time, are highly requested by users and are popular within their series. We then think about how they could be unique if they were to appear in Super Smash Bros. Even if a character is highly popular and famous, they might not be chosen to appear as a fighter in Smash Bros because they lack uniqueness."

I still would like to hear what Sakurai has to say about Krystal and K. Rool, so we know exactly where they stand on their consideration of uniqueness.

Hell, because we don't know, it could be that they see no uniqueness in either of these characters. If this is the case, DLC is not going to change their opinion of them, and they will NOT be added to the game. This is possible.

But that's exactly why I'm saying that. We don't know. It's too unclear, so we're going to continue supporting these characters. And what if they don't get in? What will we be able to say then? No more than what we can say today, I GUARANTEE that. That's because Nintendo will NEVER tell us exactly where these characters stand. Why support something for so many years if you can never even at least have clarification on why the thing you supported didn't happen? It's just a massive waste of time. Blind investment.

Ridley supporters AT LEAST got an actual clarification on why Sakurai will never add him in the game. They're lucky. Or they're just loud.

"Wow I don't think I have heard as much bull**** out of one devs mouth as I have from Sakurai's recently. So we leave out characters with tons of individuality and potential such as Isaac, Bayonetta, and the Wonder Red because... Why? And then we take characters with tons of uniqueness and opportunities like Lucina and dark pit and instead make them near exact clones? Even to the point where Marth and Lucina were tested against each other to MAKE SURE they were exactly the same? If you ate gonna try to make excuses for your bad design decisions at least come up with some excuses that AREN'T insultingly bad...

I want Nintendo to take full use of their franchises, not waste potential like Lucina, and not say things like "we will only create accurate representations of characters, or else the game becomes bad" when characters like Ganon remain as inaccurate as they can get. They choose uniqueness and balance over anything while they continually step over tons of unique characters and waste potential."

On a slightly unrelated note, I'm being pestered by my brother. A long time ago, he claimed that Nintendo only really makes the game for themselves--which was the opposite of my claim. We had a sort of bet, without the bet, if you will.

He's gloating, too. He's citing all of the CONTRADICTIONS Sakurai has made in the past few days (the things he has said, especially recently, contradicted a big part of the work in the game). He says that they should be HONEST from the start instead of CONTRADICT themselves after the fact. He also said that proves that they don't really care about the fans, because they'll leave their fans in the dark AND contradict their developmental decisions just for excuses.

And you know what? I agree with my brother. All of these contradictions aren't necessary. They should just tell us what they have planned, and they should be clear on the things they have done research on, telling us WHERE and HOW they research, WHO they research, and WHY certain researched characters don't get in. Hell, we don't even know if they did research. How can you believe any of their words when a lot their words have contradicted what they did in the games?
At this point, I'm sick of sakurai. All these bull**** excuses and clear bias is just so annoying

If you're gonna say something in an interview, you should stick by it, not change your mind for the next one

And above all else, he's being such a hypocrite, I get the feeling he just dislikes ridley these are all just excuses

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
There seems to be a lot of back and forth from the developers, Sakurai especially. They aren't the most consistent group, and there're a lot of times it seems like they go with their gut feelings.

Despite that, I really do think they didn't just disregard the high-profile characters that didn't make it. Whether Krystal or King K. Rool or Isaac or any of several others, there were only so many that could be viably added to the game, and some missed the cut. It wasn't that they didn't care, the consensus was just that some other characters--mostly ones who've been in the spotlight recently--were higher priority.

And remember, there's a very good chance Krystal's lack of recent relevance won't be a thing any more by this time next year...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There seems to be a lot of back and forth from the developers, Sakurai especially. They aren't the most consistent group, and there're a lot of times it seems like they go with their gut feelings.

Despite that, I really do think they didn't just disregard the high-profile characters that didn't make it. Whether Krystal or King K. Rool or Isaac or any of several others, there were only so many that could be viably added to the game, and some missed the cut. It wasn't that they didn't care, the consensus was just that some other characters--mostly ones who've been in the spotlight recently--were higher priority.

And remember, there's a very good chance Krystal's lack of recent relevance won't be a thing any more by this time next year...
I legitimately think both GS4 is in development and K. Rool is coming back in the next DK game as well. Krystal is probably coming back in Star Fox U, too.

I don't think any of these high-profile characters were left out due to lack of potential. Moreso, it was lack of recent spotlight at this point, which should hopefully soon be rectified.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace

I wasn't talking about them being disregarded entirely. I was talking about them possibly being regarded, then disregarded because "they don't have potential".

But yeah, they've proven they are very inconsistent with their information. They also withhold a lot from the fans too--information that really should be shared.

Also, if they really develop the game off of their gut, then I don't know what to say. That's throwing caution to the wind.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Quote from Sakurai:

It's not fun to be left in the dark any more. It's horrifying.
I'm really getting sick of Sakurai, I'm sorry, but I just can't feel sorry that your hand is hurting, when you pull stunts like this. Why did you screw Star Fox, this game? Come year of the Star Fox, I'd better have Wolf DLC, and if we're lucky Krystal DLC as well. :4fox:and:4falco: are trash in this game, the Orbital Gate codecs happen randomly in a match, which can make them annoying, plus according to gamexplain, the only codecs on that stage were the ones he showed us, well that's gonna be awkward when just Fox and Falco are fighting on that stage and those codecs come up. Sakurai, all it takes is a little:wolf: DLC, and if you're generous, Krystal DLC. Please Understand.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
I'm really getting sick of Sakurai, I'm sorry, but I just can't feel sorry that your hand is hurting, when you pull stunts like this. Why did you screw Star Fox, this game? Come year of the Star Fox, I'd better have Wolf DLC, and if we're lucky Krystal DLC as well. :4fox:and:4falco: are trash in this game, the Orbital Gate codecs happen randomly in a match, which can make them annoying, plus according to gamexplain, the only codecs on that stage were the ones he showed us, well that's gonna be awkward when just Fox and Falco are fighting on that stage and those codecs come up. Sakurai, all it takes is a little:wolf: DLC, and if you're generous, Krystal DLC. Please Understand.
Well, with all these contradicting excuses and "explanations", he's trying to tell us to "please understand" his decisions.

What are the chances of him understanding us?

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Actually, I have been playing with my boy Fox in Smash 4 and he's still a really good character to play as. I'm glad what they díd with him in this game. It's Falco unfortunately who got the short end of the stick and probably some of the worst nerfs in this game. As for Sakurai, yeah I agree with you on him in it, he's quite the professional as a troll. But he most of the time does in such immature way you can't possibly imagine. But with the "Year of Starfox" over the horizon, things will look up to us Starfox fans and hopefully we get Wolf and Krystal as DLC for Smash 4.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Actually, I have been playing with my boy Fox in Smash 4 and he's still a really good character to play as. I'm glad what they díd with him in this game. It's Falco unfortunately who got the short end of the stick and probably some of the worst nerfs in this game. As for Sakurai, yeah I agree with you on him in it, he's quite the professional as a troll. But he most of the time does in such immature way you can't possibly imagine. But with the "Year of Starfox" over the horizon, things will look up to us Starfox fans and hopefully we get Wolf and Krystal as DLC for Smash 4.
Watch the Year of Star Fox be Miyamoto's way of declaring the franchise purged of Krystal. :troll:

Last edited:
Top Bottom