• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kraid. The Space Pirate Veteran and Muscle of the Group.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
Kraid is one of the most iconic Metroid characters. With Ridley as a stage boss (unfortunately) and Mother Brain and Dark Samus as Assist Trophies, he's the most logical character to add. He has extreme popularity for the few games he's appeared in, but unfortunately he hasn't had a recent appearance. He was cut from the Prime games and went I included in Other M; however, he was traded to make an appearance as Meta-Kraid in a future game, whether or not this is still true is unknown.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
Moveset 1:
Neutral B: Kraid launches a belly spike that has no charging animation, he can move while using it.
Side B: Kraid launches several claws that move slowly and turn around, but don't come all the way back to him.
Down B: Kraid causes a mini earthquake that can stun or trip depending on the charge. In the air he swings his tail behind him with low knock back
Up B: Kraid summons a lava flow to push him upward, it has more horizontal movement then vertical.
Jab: Kraid quickly claws and finished with a lunge forward.
Side and Down Tilts: Kraid claws in appropriate direction.
Up Tilt: Kraid swipes his claws across his opponent and swings them upward if it makes contact. Good for starting juggling.
Down Smash: Kraid slams the ground causing spikes to rise up ( the ones on the ground in his Super Metroid Boss Battle)
Up Smash: Kraid tucks his head in and slams it upwards.
Side Smash: Kraid body slams the opponent.
U-Air: Kraid claws above him.
D-Air: Kraid slams his feet downward spikes.
N-Air: Kraid spins his body the highest knock back is with his tail.
F-Air: Kraid stabs the opponent with belly-spikes. (Not a projectile)
B-Air: Kraid swings his tail behind him and looks backward.
Final Smash: Kraid grows to enormous heights the screen turns dark and three giant red eyes pierce through the darkness. Kraid roars and slashes across the stage three times.
Taunts Kraid roars at the fourth wall. His eyes glow red and he looks around confused. Kraid falls over and plays dead.
Losing animation: Kraid looks at his hands, wondering how to clap without stabbing himself.
Victory animation: Meh

Last edited:

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
This is my new favorite thread

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Kraid literally is too big.
He's 2 freaking screens long and his shortest appearance is probably retconned.
Kraid would have to significly downsize, and a small Kraid just isn't Kraid anymore.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If Ridley got rejected because Sakurai felt that he wouldn't look right when downsized, I don't see how the hell Kraid would get a free pass.

*Waits for the inevitable Mini-Kraid argument from Golden*

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
If Ridley got rejected because Sakurai felt that he wouldn't look right when downsized, I don't see how the hell Kraid would get a free pass.

*Waits for the inevitable Mini-Kraid argument from Golden*
It wasn't size. It was actually about Ridleys proportions and his ability to fly. Sakurai said he felt wrong if he made playable Ridley with odd proportions and not being able to fly constantly.

Unlike Ridley. Kraid doesn't suffer from Proprtion issues or flying issues. He can easily be shrunk down to slighly bigger then Bowser. He can be the strongest, slowest and heaviest fighter in Smash. His downfall is being a big target and slow. He would have a predictable recovery. His saving grace would be his long range, great kill power and damage output.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
We gotta keep this thread alive y'all! :)
I'll have more time for it during the summer, but I'm extremely busy right now. I could probably find time on the weekends.

I'd like him to use this for his design, but I'm not picky.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'll have more time for it during the summer, but I'm extremely busy right now. I could probably find time on the weekends.

I'd like him to use this for his design, but I'm not picky.
Just imagine Kraid Kirby wearing a green reptilian hat with floppy ears, three red eyes, three horns, and spitting spikes out of his mouth since he lacks the belly buttons Kraid has. That would be the most adorably frightening Copy Ability since Bowser Jr. Kirby.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
Top Bottom