• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KoreanDJ and VSA Presents:(Update) NMMFE 4!!! THE ULTIMATE NMMFE! 4/14/07, Lowell, MA

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
This is it...

Are you ready....FOR THE BIGGEST MMFE EVER?!

Well, you guys can't Money Match. So...

Umass Lowell's Vietnamese Student Association and KoreanDJ PRESENTS:

NO MONEY MATCHES FOR EVERYONE 4

This will be in Cumnock Hall, which is the school Auditorium, so we're talking BIG.
The biggest venue for a (N)MMFE.

Now, are you ready for the details?
Cuz I am.

For those of you who can't read the pic for some reason, here's the info:

The venue:
Umass Lowell
in North Campus

Venue name: Cumnock Hall
1 University Ave
Lowell, MA, 01854

The venue should have pillars in the front, and it should say "Cumnock Hall" on the building. It should be on your right.

Time:
Doors open at 10:30 AM
Tournament begins at 1 PM
Closing time: Midnight

Tournaments in order:
Doubles ($10 per person)
Singles ($15)
Two-Man Crew ($5 per person) *will explain later*

Prize:
Singles:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Doubles:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Two Man Crew:
Winner takes all!

Now, for the rules:

Stages For 1 Vs 1
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Battlefield
Dreamland
Pokemon Stadium
Fountain Of Dreams
Neutral stages allowed (not for random)

Stages For 2 Vs 2
Final Destination
Battlefield
Dreamland
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium
Neutral stages allowed (not for random)

Doubles Rules:
4 Stock
Double Elim
Best 2 of 3
Friendly Fire on
Finals best 3 of 5

Singles Rules:
4 Stock
Double Elim
Best 2 of 3
Finals best 3 of 5

Two-Man Crew Rules:
4 stock each person
Partners chosen by RANDOM
Single Elim
Stages are ALWAYS Random
Best out of 1 match
Winner takes all.

Two-Man Crew Explanation:
Two man crew is a revolutionary idea where it is like a lottery. You put your name in a hat, and you will be placed RANDOMLY with another person who also entered. The two of you will team MELTY BLOOD STYLE. Now, what is Melty Blood style? Ask your grandparents for what that means....now...did you ask your grandparents? They don't know? Good. They shouldn't know. Melty Blood style is you send someone first to fight against the opponent, and if you lose, you send in the other to fight the person. It is exactly like a crew battle, but with two people. They fight, the stocks are taken over to the next match. It is single elim. You fight with your partner till the very end.
Now, why enter two-man crew? This is a good chance for you guys to get the chance to team with someone rlly good and combine your skills together to have a chance of winning. This is random, so you have good chances of teaming with someone rlly good. Completely random, and it will be a lot of fun.

Other rules:
1. No Money Matches are allowed. Do NOT do a money match unless you want to go to jail.
2. Do not bring drugs, alcohols, or weapons with you to the tournament. You will be searched when you are entering the venue by police, so do not bring anything illegal.
3. The prizes will be distributed in a credit card like gift card form. You will be given the money in a Visa or Mastercard where you can use it like a real credit card, anytime, anywhere. If you want the cash instead, cash it in to a bank.
4. You are responsible for your own controllers/tv/gamecube/mem card.
5. Video recording is acceptable, and encouraged.
6. Listen to the staff and when they say get off a TV, get off. If you do not listen to the staff, you will be kicked out of the tournament without a refund.
7. When you finish a match, report your match to the desk IMMEDIATELY to ensure a quick, smooth run tournament.
8. No physical violence allowed, or you will see the Juggernaut after you.
9. Wobbling is BANNED. If caught Wobbling you lose the match.
10. Have a good time and enjoy.

PEOPLE BRING TVS AND CUBES. IT WILL BE A SHAME TO HAVE SUCH A BIG VENUE AND HAVE 3 STATIONS. WE NEED AS MANY TV'S/CUBES AS POSSIBLE, SO BRINGING THEM IS A MUST! WE WANT THIS TO BE BIG, NOT PEQUENO.

IMPORTANT FAQ:

Q: Hey Dan, what's up?
A: That's not important. I'm doing good though.

Q: What's up with the Money Matches?
A: It is illegal for tournaments to handle money. I've had a long discussion with the person in charge and they said that the tournament will be cancelled if Money Matches or prize money with money in it is involved. Just keep it down at least. That's all I can ask for. Police will be there, so don't do anything STUPID.

Q: Can we have a freestyle competition?
A: Depends on whoever is interested in.

Q: Where can I park?
A: There is parking nearby the area, just look around.

Q: What are these casual plays?
A: We'll set up some systems for free play and for other games, such as Guitar Hero 2, Street fighter 3rd strike, some wii games, etc. Feel free to bring anything you like. DS games are also welcomed.

Q: Will police search through my bags?
A: Unfortunately, most likely they will. Lowell has a strict police enforcement, so most likely they will. DO NOT BRING GUNS, WEAPONS, DRUGS, OR ALCOHOL, OR ANYTHING ILLEGAL. YOU WILL BE KICKED OUT OF THE TOURNAMENT AND POSSIBLY BE ARRESTED.

Q: Pokemon.
A: No.

I will finish my post with this video:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/243343/i_hope_you_like_pain/

I hope you like pain.

Comment if you will attend/bring TV's/Cubes.

Elen

Smash Lord
Woo 1st post.
I'm definetely coming. Gotta go tell my friends to get off work and drive me. I'll bring 1 or 2 cubes and hopefully a TV. Cya there ^.^

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
No Pokemon? Hmmmm what to do? XD @ vid

The prize is me. This will get more people to come.

Banks

Smash Hero
k so let me get dis straight. mmfe but no mm. so this tournament is called FOR EVERYONE 4. good stuff. Ifwe get ride we go k thanks c u there DEE JAI

Brookman

Smash Hero
****ING AMAZING AND IN ALL caps.

DJ 5$ mm? LOL.

Seriously though, we have to play. We haven't in months.

Cort

Apple Head
This is the same day as milktea's school project tournament. I think I'll be going to support hers instead. :(

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
MattDotZeb will bring cubes and smash. I will bring a TV if I can get a ride.. I don't wanna bring one on the subway.

Also, I'm accepting any Pokemon matches. I'll bring my deck and games + link cable. Bring yours.

Black Jinjo

Smash Apprentice
Sweet, another MMFE (minus the money matches). I'll definitely put this on my calendar and see what happens. I have a TV and cube I can bring so you can put me down for having those DJ.

Banks, if you and the rest of NSG need a ride let me know.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
MattDotZeb will bring cubes and smash. I will bring a TV if I can get a ride.. I don't wanna bring one on the subway.

Also, I'm accepting any Pokemon matches. I'll bring my deck and games + link cable. Bring yours.
My deck is ready, I have made one with the cards I could find in my house :laugh:

you gotta give out the prize money in secret son like when we go for a food run.

Yeah, what Tom said. OR the prizes could be what the money is spent on.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
How will you collect the money? In secret somewhere else? And what is your school's policy on gift certificates as prizes? I've discussed a loophole with Redsox fan before that might work, or might not. Depends on their policy on gift certificates.

Also mm's should be possible, if you trade money elsewhere (like on a food run).

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
How will you collect the money? In secret somewhere else? And what is your school's policy on gift certificates as prizes? I've discussed a loophole with Redsox fan before that might work, or might not. Depends on their policy on gift certificates.

Also mm's should be possible, if you trade money elsewhere (like on a food run).
you should read the other posts before you put something like that I suggested the same thing

Kais

Smash Ace

OMFG.

M.Z, we are MMing (in secret of course) in both games.

$5 pokemon ccg match - 2/3
$10 pokemon doubles match (I'll bring Pokemon Colloseum so we can play on a TV) - 3/5

STEP IT UP BISH.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
OMFG.

$10 pokemon doubles match (I'll bring Pokemon Colloseum so we can play on a TV) - 3/5

STEP IT UP BISH.
Doubles is lame. I bet you're going to allow ubers too? PSHH, why not just fight on Icicle Mountain while you're at it

Kais

Smash Ace
Doubles is lame. I bet you're going to allow ubers too? PSHH, why not just fight on Icicle Mountain while you're at it
Pft, why is doubles lame nigglips? None of that "Wobuffet w/ leftovers" **** is allowed btw.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
OMFG.

STEP IT UP BISH.
BRING IT ON MOFO.

Oh, and I haven't played the pokemon card game for 4 years... Yet I still know where my deck is..

ALSO ACCEPTING YU-GI-OH TCG MATCHES

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
I like the 2 person crews idea. 3 wouldve been better because it could have potentially made up for the fact that you got paired with a hardcore newb like kdj (insert sarcasm). Too bad the crew thing didnt work out at cat 3 cause that wouldve been l33t too.

Banks

Smash Hero
all this talk about pokemon and yu-gi-oh is sort of killing the coolness of the tournament. no, really.

Questor96

Smash Journeyman
M.Z, Yuigoh match, if I get off my *** and fix my deck up. There are probably a couple cards in there that are banned now.

Also, DJ, EBA Match, best total score of 3 songs. You said you were taking MM's for it at TGA, and since I can't get there... We also need to have that StepMania MM.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
RI is coming to this too :p

*1000th post*

Anyone up for monopoly money matches? :p Or a crew battle just for fun?

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
no, I just thought it would be a fun idea

"pwned" stuff is lame and old

dazwa just pwned banks

Zackular

Smash Cadet
I'm attending with guests.
Of course they're innumerable off the top of my head, and there's no confirmation yet.
Cubes may also be brought.

..I'll just get back on this.

Top Bottom